2019 Stash Management - Page 178
Page 178 of 194 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday I poked around in the recommended shop on AliExpress. It was a bit confusing, but I think I followed the instructions given in the cross stitch group post. I ordered the whole set, that comes out to just under .09 a skein. I have picked out a few patterns and needed multiples of some colors. Also I Need to know if there is a bright snow white like DMC B5200, in either CXC.or another polyester brand. I sent a message with numbers and quantities of the extras, but don’t know how much it will be. I also ordered some size 28 needles that come out to about .07 each. In theory I will get a message back with an invoice for the total cost, so now I just wait.

I’ve kind of lost my enthusiasm for doing much crafting now too. Maybe it’s just that time of year. It might actually be good to just coast a bit and jump back in after the holidays. I’ll do some along, but probably not a lot. Im beginning to miss word puzzles and crosswords. I may take a break for that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have those pileated woodpeckers here. They have a noisy annoying call. Pink hat is finished, I'll see if the woman in chemo wants it on Sunday, she should be at the dog club party. If she doesn't I will keep it. Mattress pad is back on the bed. I have some other "makeover" projects and a 4-day weekend coming up (Fri-Mon.) Saturday is at dad's house but I can work on something portable.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, that is a neat trick with the cutting mat.
    DC, hope you get the thread you want from China.
    Dlr, glad to hear you finished a hat.
    Everyone seems to be moving along with their plans.

I cut blue squares this morning, forgot about it and cut more when I got home. Was able to sew up 20 blocks before dinner. It's mindless work. Sew squares into strips, sew strips into blocks. Here's a pic part way through. You can see I am using up all my scraps.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1336.jpg

I went by JA today looking for something for DH and found this floral embroidered net remnant.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1335.jpg

I bought it because it is fabulous.

Cat gets her shot tomorrow and I have some more errands to run, so who knows what will get worked on at home.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Almost forgot. I am thinking of laying the blue blocks out in alternating positions, kind of like this Drunkard's Path setting. Instead of white, imagine blue squares. and instead of pink, imagine the multicolored L of the smaller patches.

https://1c9addb942a3c2064905-ca0abcf...7012/large.jpg

I will try and do a mock up tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We love peated woodpeckers. They're so big and unique looking. I think they sound like jungle birds.

Can't wait to see the mock up of the quilt, CH.

That sounds like a huge embroidery thread order, D i hope you can get it all to you without a problem.

I bought a large hot pad at GW for .50 when we were in Hannibal in October. It had silicone on the bottom, which didn't slip. I was hoping to use it under my foot controls, but it didn't work. Unfortunately, I deconstructed it and cut the silicone in half. Now I have ti piece the silicone together again and reconstruct it. I'm looking at it as an opportunity to add a layer of Insul-Brite. Hope I get at that tomorrow. I want to use it for an ironing pad for travel.

Seems like I'm most interested in small projects for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stupid auto correct. Of course I typed pileated. What the heck is a peated woodpecker?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This quilt is mind blowing.
    https://pin.it/nynfvd5v6qnsc2

2019 Stash Management-f48f6d36020dc16a768e263774050d3b_1576120809073.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wrong linky, sorry.
    https://pin.it/tqup3inyerwq23

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah, beautiful, but I would go completely crazy trying to graph out that and sew it correctly. Mind blowing, indeed.

I like small projects. It's nice to finish stuff in less than a year.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow! That’s quite a quilt. CH - are you sure you don’t want to make a couple? How about you, jettsmom?

I think my whole projected cross stitch plan for the year has just gone south. I just finished switching out the fall and Christmas/winter cross stitches on the bulletin board. Huh? I only had 10, and four of those are definitely Christmas. One of the ones with a winter feel I don’t really like and planned to retire it after this year. They look really sparse on the board. I guess I have always put other decorations up with them, and always took them all down after Christmas so didn’t notice. The board is 24x36. The new one I’m getting that will go on the wall and stay up is 36x48. I was going to more or less stitch with the seasons, except for the Christmas presents. However I think I’m going to be spending a lot more time on winter things. I went through my nifty new card file and found some that were winter but not Christmas.

The Christmas kit I just started, the car with a cut tree is going to be immediately retired to the ufo group, and a couple will come out of that. The Christmas car will wait. I have a couple of medium and a couple of large ones as well as a bunch of smaller patterns. I’ll see how the beaded patterns for presents go. I might take that more slowly and plan them for the year after next and just stitch Christmas cards for next year. That would be a big time saver.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My belief is if I want a Christmas item displayed in my house, I will display it. Pretty stuff is pretty stuff. I also gave up long term planning with regard to crafting. It's more enjoyable to go with the flow.

I do want to do a 3D quilt someday, but The Tube is forever beyond my puny capabilities. I like this one2019 Stash Management-19ff10d6f62df3ea4ecae20988e2ff24_1576152112741.jpg
    or this oneName:  f3ebdac832b6bfec9cbe18829f428d1c_1576152242420.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  16.1 KB
    I might be able to manage the red log cabin. It looks relatively simple. Seems like the hardest part would be picking the perfect fabricS. The blocks themselves seem pretty straightforward. Feel free to correct me, CH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, looky! Chenille 3D!
    Name:  c0ae0e26720049ba56ab4b663162bbbb_1576155736673.jpg
Size:  26.1 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those quilt designs look amazing, SD. Probably a lot of work, though.

Fortunately, the roads dried off pretty well overnight so it was mostly just annoying traffic this morning. Of course, the temps have been going crazy. It was mid-50's at the beginning of week, now mid-30's, then back up to mid-50's (and rain) by the weekend. Sigh.

Been pretty lazy with the crocheting recently. For some reason, one of my elbows has been acting up and is painful when I turn my arm. So I'm trying to go easy with it. The cold and damp weather changes aren't helping. Sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Technically, most of those quilts are not difficult. The labyrinth quilt is rectangles and triangles.

2019 Stash Management-puzzle-1.jpg

The red windows are really Log Cabin, in graduated colors. The hardest thing for me would be sewing the same colors over ad over again.

Name:  red.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  33.2 KB

The tunnel quilt is also Log cabin, but there's a lot more work involved in shaping each block for effect. No two blocks are going to be the same.

Name:  f48f6d36020dc16a768e263774050d3b_1576120809073.jpg
Size:  92.4 KB

Bargello is just strips that are cut and shifted slightly for effect. Clever color choice can make one stunning.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/s...739d242737.png

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All quilts are a lot of work. I don't think the red and gray one would be more work than average, though, once the colors were figured out, which of course is done and over with at the front end of that type of project. And like many quilts, it's a big project easily broken down into a series of small projects that can each be done in a short time.

I got the ironing pad reassembled without much drama. Not as nice as the original factory job, but since I added another layer, I thought it would turn out worse. It fits nicely folded in thirds and slid into my sewing tote in front of the machine, where it provides extra protective padding. Even though I will probably only use it rarely, it should be worth the 50 cents I paid for it. It's a nice pad. It's about 10x18 which should be a good size for lots of projects.2019 Stash Management-20191212_091220_1576166100156.jpg

Husby was saying he's glad I got the new sewing bags because if I hauled the plastic file box out in cold weather that probably would end with it being cracked or broken. There's probably something to that.