2019 Stash Management - Page 18
Page 18 of 175 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby loved the wolf quilt. He uses it every day.

It seems like I made that quilt years ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

dlr.... good luck with your job change. Kathy, I love that mushroom. It is very nice. SD your gowns are so nice. what a wonderful thing to do for those who lose little ones.
    Picked up another hemming job. Those things keep coming to me. Just puttering away today. and it is snowing again. ( of course I cannot go out since DH takes the vehicle I usually drive. It has AWD and does better in the snow, which makes me stuck at home)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still working on skein #3. Sigh. I probably won't have it done tonight, either. Likely on Saturday, although I have events I'm planning on attending. At least it's going to be warmer tomorrow than it has been all week, which is a plus because one event will be held outside. But they usually have a fire going as well as buildings for people to step into to warm up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got less done yesterday than I planned/hoped, but did finish the scarf that was started and got most of a second done. I would have finished that one too but had to rip out about a foot of it. I somehow lost a stitch on a turn. No. “Somehow “ is a weasel word. I lost it by not paying attention. At least I noticed it eventually.

I really need to catch up with kitchen work, but I really want to get as many scarves done as possible in case I have a chance to hand them over this weekend so I’m sticking with that today. Yesterday I put all the variegated that I’m not holding back for baskets on the table so I can really see what I have and in what quantities. That will help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - I do the same thing with reusable cloth grocery/Target bags. Most of the time, I just set aside what I'll be using for a project. If I've just purchased the yarn for a WIP, I'll leave it in the bags from the store since I'm usually going to start that WIP almost immediately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our temps have gone up 31 degrees in the past 6 hours, to 9 above. Heat wave. I hope we're done with severe cold for this season.

I got everything cut out this morning and then 4 gowns sewed. I have 2 left, which I hope to finish yet today. They're finally at the stage where they don't take long. I talked to Mom for an hour while I sewed and was shocked I got 4 gowns and bonnets done in that time, while I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. It will be nice to wrap this up for a,while and put away all the stuff I've dragged out for this project. It looks like a container store exploded in the FR and sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

got my hemming job completed and worked on an oven apron for a bridal shower gift for another friend who's daughter is getting married in about 3 weeks. got to get something else to put with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have enough pieces cut out for 1 more quilt block, but no time for sewing today. My birthday falls on a Sunday later this month so I think I will schedule a sewing day and line up a bigger project. Temperature is supposed to start warming today and reach 50 Sunday-Tuesday. Hooray.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have 11 scarves done, the 12th about 1/4 done. Doing all these for now with just dc they are super fast. Sharon tells me the girls love them, so I may just continue doing them mostly the fast way. Certainly for the variegated because stitch patterns get lost amid all the busy colors. I may do some lengthwise too.

I took a little time to wash a few dishes. I don’t actually have many but they are almost all large pots and pans so it looks like they just go on and on. I have a couple soaking now and I’m ready to get back into the crochet.

Oops - upside down. It doesn’t matter for this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-bd0928aa-f5d5-4c4b-8b77-89c1ea5de96a.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the last 2 gowns and bonnets done this AM and most of the mess put away. The FR looks twice as big now! I ended up with 33 gowns and 11 pockets. I will need to make more pockets, but not now.
    2019 Stash Management-20190202_121141_1549137956979.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-20190202_120934_1549138036512.jpg

I've been doing marathon sewing for the past 3 months, so I think I want to do something else for a while. I still have stacks of WW recipes I was working with before this, trying to get my travel food figured out, so maybe I can make myself get back to that and get it off my work table.

I think I need some kind of rack for my quilting rulers that live on my work table. They won't fit in drawers. I don't know yet what such a rack might look like, but eventually I will find something. Maybe Pinterest will give me some ideas. I have some ideas I could build.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The dresses look great!

I don’t know if Sharon will be here this weekend, but I just learned from Little girl, by chance, that her birthday is Wednesday and she will be here then. I’m glad I got at least a little notice! Amazon gift card to the rescue! Pretty free box and free one day shipping. God bless Amazon!

Because of that I will keep churning out scarves until then. After that I’m going to do another basket for my yarn leftovers and when the JA yarn arrives I’ll make the ones for Christmas. I don’t know when it will arrive. It was shipped Thursday or yesterday, but is coming from Michigan so it’s posted, understandably, as weather delayed. I’m thinking that after I make those I may go on and do the placemats. It would be great to have all the hand made Christmas done.

I watched a video a couple of weeks ago that made a pot holder that was made so it turned inside out to finish it, rather than being quilted in the usual way with a binding. It was then top stitched around the edge and then quilted. Why didn’t I think of that. The placemats are small enough that they could be done that way too. I hate putting on binding so this is a genius solution. I’m going to give it a try. After all that I could piece some blocks and finally get to the really fun stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For once, Pinterest was no help, but eventually I thought about some kind of wire rack for my quilting rulers. I looked at Amazon and didn't find anything, since I have two 2-footers that don't fit in anything. I also have handles on 4 of my rulers, so need more space between each than if it was just the plexiglass. And I need something easy to pick up and move if I need more space on the table. I finally figured out what I was looking for was a modified wire dish rack. I recalled a small, beat up rack I salvaged to use outside with my potting bench. I knew it was on the bottom shelf of the bench, which is buried in snow. I could see it sitting under the bench, along with another one I'm sure was salvaged, too but I don't recall picking it up. Husby dug them out. The beat up one was too small and too beat up. The other one is like new. It's somewhat bigger than I had in mind, but that just means I can subdivide it for storing some other stuff that's always on the table, plus there is room to grow. I think it will work out nicely. I was lucky I had some end caps from a brand new bag I got at a garage sale for .50. I like it! It very much tidied up my work table already. Now I will also have a place to set my rulers so they don't get buried under whatever fabric I am cutting up. I'm constantly searching. I haven't even used this yet but I will go out on a limb and count this as another repurpose success.
    2019 Stash Management-20190202_165406_1549148947704.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Never ever believe an 8 year old. I asked her six different ways if the bday celebration was really Wednesday. It sounded very improbable. While ago I texted her mom and no, it’s tomorrow. GAHHHH! I was still able to cancel the gift card and I’ll text her one tomorrow. If I had not been able to cancel it would have been ok. There are plenty of birthdays coming up. I’m going to fuss at someone for not warning me of this. However barbecue will put me in a forgiving mood. Especially since there is always Amazon to the instant rescue.

I’ll do another scarf tonight and then that’s probably it until I get some baskets made. That will give me 13 to send with her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cash always works well, too.

At least you found out the right info in time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have little cash on hand. She loves Amazon as much as I do, so the gift card will be welcome.

I finished the scarf I was working on and got almost another whole one done last night. It won’t take long to finish that. The party isn’t until 6:00 so I will have plenty of time to make another, maybe two. I’ll pull out some of the thicker yarn that will work with a J hook. Nearly instant scarf. The older RH seems generally to be thicker than the newer.

Monday through Wednesday it’s supposed to be around 75. That may fool some trees and bushes. It’s quite unseasonably warm.