2019 Stash Management - Page 181
Page 181 of 194 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops. As you sew, so shall you rip.

Wanna borrow a cup of swear words?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH OMG - scary. Anything could turn up in there.
    My right wrist has been hurting all day, worse now than before. It's not my dominant hand and I did not do anything to it, go figure. Probably just read my book at dad's. Might take the ornaments cross-stitch if wrist is not too bad. There are several more new untouched cross-stitch ornament kits in the closet. Cold and foggy outside right now, cannot figure that at all. It needs to clear by morning so I can drive.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, thanks but it's only a small error. I was tired and in a rush to finish. Now, if I'd put another row on the outside of that before I had noticed...

Dlr, hope the wrist is better in the morning. Give it a rest, and maybe some ice. Fog? You have warm moisture meeting cold air, forming clouds at ground level, not enough to rain. Pretty cool. Or creepy. Hope it doesn't form ice.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, tired and hurrying will mess things up fast.

I messed up the table runner myself. In a hurry, of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of nice sewing storage ideas here: https://pin.it/o44tytj32jzbu3

CH, don't know if you've considered hard plastic stacking tool boxes for your sewing machine. There are some nice ones, and they usually have removable shallow trays for small items. Some have compartmented boxes that clip to the boxes, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, DH has one like that for his hobby stuff. He tore the handle off it trying to get it up the stairs. Honestly, that's way more sewing stuff than I'd take to a meeting. And I don't know if I could lift it into my car, or if it would fit. I have a tiny car. It would have to go in sideways, at least. As it is now, I can carry the machine down the stairs, and come back for my purse and a tote bag of supplies. And getting out of the car is pretty easy.

I think a suitcase style rolling bag would be ideal, but even that would add ~10lbs to what I have to lift into the car and take up the stairs.

It looks like today is a crafting/sewing/hobby day. Friends are calling in sick for our planned event. It's that time of year.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Success! I’ve been waiting for the email from the AliExpress shop, as per instructions - I thought - and this morning went back to the site. Duh! It’s been sitting there. So all is ordered. The individual skeins came to .15 each, still a real bargain. I hope I like the floss, but a lot of people seem satisfied with it. It will be a huge saving on these large projects and if it works well as most say coverage in half cross, I can also do the big full coverage patterns in half the time. That sounds like a winner all around. They project delivery around January 4-7.

I’ve decided I won’t focus so much on winter patterns. I do want to get the beaded patterns for the presents next year done. Beyond that I’ll just see what happens. I’m feeling better today, finally, so I hope to get more accomplished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The tool boxes come apart, so they'd be easy to lift and set in a car separately. I like that about mine. It was just an idea. Have you thought about a MagnaCart? They're very sturdy and the base is big. We use one to haul 5 and 6 gallon water totes at camp. I think they're rated for 125 lbs or something. A sewing machine could be strapped on.

One of those folding wagons is a possibility, too. Some people were buying those on Black Friday and using them when the carts were gone. One person had one in use plus 5 more in the wagon. They fold quite small. Of course it wouldn't work on stairs.

Have you thought about one of these? Mophorn 330LBS Portable Stair Climbing Cart 44.5 Inch Folding Cart Climb Hand Truck All Terrain Stair Climbing Hand Truckspam! It is better fried than typedHeavy Duty 2 X Three-Wheel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8MZJC7..._Yjs9DbJ7NN8P8
    You could custom make a bag for your machine or buy a tool bag. There are different sizes. The wheels would have to be below the platform if your bag stuck out on the sides.

I understand needing particular elements in your bag. It's a very individual thing. I'm just throwing out ideas. 🙂

I got the first coat of paint on the birdhouses, so I should get those done in a couple days.

I spent a good amount of time playing with my new bags. I need a pair of dollar store glasses yet. Using those over my prescription glasses works great for close work like ripping, especially on dark colors or in bad light. I need to get my apron done. Part of dragging out my bags was to see what I need apron pockets for. It's less than I thought, so will probably make a big pocket, like a sweatshirt pocket, plus a couple smaller ones. I think I have everything I need in the bags otherwise, but of course might think of more stuff later. I'm trying to strike a balance between not enough and too much, which may vary. I did some surgery in a little Plano box, and removed a divider so my wrist pincushion fits in it, eliminating the need for a separate box and saving space. I partially removed another divider to make a long presser foot fit in, and rearranged all the other feet in the same compartment, which emptied another space in the box. Since that machine lives in the bag, all its accessories need to live in there, too, so they don't disappear in the sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've looked at various carts and haven't found the perfect one. I notice that stair climber weighs 14lbs. That's extra weight to pull on top of the machine weight. If my hands or shoulders hurt it wouldn't make it any easier for me.

I'm glad you're having fun with your new bags. It's good to have everything you need collected up into a travel kit.

They are still predicting snow, starting early tomorrow, in the 3-7" range. We are likely to get ~5 or more. With ice possible on Monday. We will see. There are various waves of snow expected. I know that is not a lot to you northerners, but it will be our first big storm of the season, lot of closings expected, lot of accidents as people remember how to drive.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the stair climber carts come in lighter weight versions, but I get what you're saying. I always wanted a spinner suitcase because it would be easier to push than pull and sometimes it bothers my shoulders to pull. But overall I think having 3 or 4 bags will work better for me.

This bag conversation helps me resist the idea of buying a split level house. We're very tempted because the basements are so livable. But at our ages, and because stairs are impossible for elderly dogs too, we need to stick with a ranch style, maybe with a walk out basement instead. If we do move, I want an everything room that takes up at least half the basement. All our sewing and crafts would go in it and we would do much of our living there. It would be big enough for all my machines and furniture including the work table, plus all the cabinets with assorted hobby stuff, and comfy furniture for activities like cross stitch. Everything, including a little kitchenette. Basically, I want back the same floor plan as our house in South Dakota.

I got out my apron fabric which is bright orange ripstop nylon. I've almost decided I hate it. It's just too orange. I'm bored with the tan ripstop I've used for so many things the past 10 or 15 years, but it probably makes more sense. I want to use ripstop because it sheds off husky undercoat, which sticks to most everything else. It also folds up small and doesn't weigh much. The point of an apron is to keep my DfG stuff from picking up hair from my clothes. I'd like to use something pretty, but if it wouldn't shed hair, it's pointless. I'll assess my options in the morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 4 small sewing projects to work on, but other stuff to do today. I undid the seam of a really soft sherpa-type infinity scarf to make a regular scarf instead, and want to put pockets at the ends. Taking floppy lace off 2 white pillowcases and refinish the hems w/ contrast fabric, "tailor" an old sweatshirt, and finish a skirt I cut out last winter.

I finished the book and did a bit of cross-stitch later. I brought home 8 of the taller silver candy dishes. There were 3 shorter ones I left there for the moment. That's a DOZEN of them in total. I'll pick a few to polish later in the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cut out an apron using some lining fabric. Not sure how well it will work, but I'll find out. I'm sure it a woven poly so might gather too much static.

Also cooked up some chicken, and while it cooked, I cleaned up the humongous mess from the packages that leaked all over. Normally I set meat in pans to avoid this kind of mess but the packaging seemed good enough this time. Lesson relearned. At least it's all cooked up and ready to eat now.

I got the second coat on the birdhouses. One is done now, maybe, but I failed to mix the paint well enough yesterday and the first one didn't cover right, so will need another coat for sure. I forgot to paint perches yesterday so those also need another coat. I sure hope Mom gets some birds to move in. She loves watching wildlife.

I want to get the birdhouses wrapped up soon. I made a little extension for the new serger table. When I was looking for birdhouse paint, I ran across paint that looks close to the finish on the table, so want to get that painted soon, too. Shouldn't take long, but the birdhouses are in my work space. I bought the wrong hardware to attach the extension to the table, so will have to find or buy something else.

I don't know why I keep thinking Christmas is this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post

I don't know why I keep thinking Christmas is this week.
    I've been doing that too.

Not done much today but watch it snow. Steeping my third cup of tea and fighting the urge to grab a bearskin and crawl back into the cave for the rest of winter.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's snowing here, too. Our plow guy has been here 3 times in the past week.

I see JA has FQs for $1. It's weird not to have anything to shop for.

I'm not doing anything except overthinking what to take to Duluth next month. I e'd C a while ago but got no answer. I don't think she checks her DfG e mail much. I think I will take my rolling file box in case I need it to bring home shield parts and call it good. That should hold a few hundred if needed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m having a lazy day here, doing nothing. I don’t even have snow as an excuse. I agree with you CH about the cave. I tell myself we’re re evolutionarily programmed to lie low in deepest winter. I’m still trying to come up with as good a reason for summer - lol. That may unfortunately just be a character defect.