2019 Stash Management - Page 192
Page 192 of 194 FirstFirst ... 92142182189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started re-sewing the poinsettia pillows but had to stop and deal w/ the meat I bought today. This is the reindeer fabric.
    2019 Stash Management-img_0986.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love that reindeer fabric!

CH thank you!!!

All of this is from my stash or finishing up projects I had started. Since August/September until now I have completed a lot of projects and used up a lot of scraps. Feels great!!

Finished this quilt top. Started it 3 years ago
    2019 Stash Management-e013abb1-5b12-4811-a82a-8448d2f6fbf5.jpeg

This was a mystery quilt, when she did the big reveal I hated it and tossed all the fabric aside, that was 5 years ago. Well I pulled out the fabric and just started sewing it together and this is what I ended up with. I really like it. Itís a laP quilt.
    2019 Stash Management-d6fe25c7-1145-4649-bab1-f027872bbdb7.jpeg

This is the rest of the mystery quilt. Baby size.
    2019 Stash Management-cf195f60-0916-4f2c-869d-dbd04803bc3a.jpg

SD you may remember this one. Well, I finally put the tip together. Started it 5 years ago, queen/king size.
    2019 Stash Management-b6d3a31d-e1c9-4df8-a81c-1981e50dcbe8.jpeg

Baby quilt top.
    2019 Stash Management-9e21eaf1-6ca0-4c90-8b6a-bf28e950006b.jpg

Queen size rebel flag Iím making for my hubby. Itís the mist difficult quilt Iíve ever made because of the angles and nothing is square except the outside. So, this only gets worked on when I have serious time and mental ability...not too often. Lol
    2019 Stash Management-161680a3-395d-4875-8d01-47e7be99c87f.jpeg

Almost finished pot holders and table runners. @10 years old, bought them when I lived in Idaho.
    2019 Stash Management-a6e0b96b-6286-4948-a5e3-9ef2469be23c.jpg

Twin size fish quilt Iím making for our renter/DHs friend of 30+ years.
    2019 Stash Management-37a25b09-8d91-4e22-a095-a6cde4515904.jpg

2019 Stash Management-5a807bf4-c87c-4465-8276-ee7c08a70e37.jpg4th of July fat quartets I bought
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - $621.02/$3,330.56
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $3,172.43/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$1,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LL, there is definitely a learning curve on these devices. I've had my current phone for a year now and there is still stuff I have not figured out.

Dlr, that is such pretty fabric! Are you going to use it for pillow covers?

SD, I did not trip this time but the cats were sure trying. They get excited when I take stuff down to the compost and get underfoot. Silly cats.

I did a bunch of pinwheels today. By my count I have two left to go. Need to cut some light neutrals tomorrow. Then recount the square blocks, I think I am short a few... but I have many strips and scraps left over. In fact I have so many strips left I am planning to use them for the binding. Next week it will be assembly and figuring out what to use for borders. I have some yardage held back.

It definitely sounds like a weekend to stay inside SD. They are saying now we will have warm air until Sunday, then it will freeze after the storm passes, so very likely no snow. Which is fine.

I don't have a problem with 2 star hotels in the right circumstances. This one is highly rated for cleanliness and service. Being a historic building they can't upgrade or make a lot of changes. I've adjusted my expectations accordingly. As long as the room is clean, quiet, and the coffee and shower are hot, I'm usually good. But I'm a little sad that we're missing the amenities like a full breakfast or a hot tub. We'll manage. There is a gas station across the street, and I will pack our usual travel snacks.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The fish quilt wasn't big enough and I ran out of the white fish fabric. For the 2 squares in opposite corners I'm going to look for an embroidery fish or something for those 2 corners. The 3rd corner, the block fell off the design wall. I'm going to put 2 borders on this quilt too. I'm not 100% sure how yet. I was thinking vertical one fabric and horizontal another fabric, twice. But I don't have enough of all the fabrics for that. So now I'm thinking I will just join them in a long piece alternating the fabrics.

It feels great to be sewing again!!
    2020 Goals:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LL - you have done a lot! I really love the queen/king one - the colors and the sharply defined pattern. Way to go on all of them!

The neighbor came and moved the shelves for me and put some stuff in the attic. I had also left the top and floor level shelves for him to empty. He is both tall and bendable. I have to move the big book cubes before the table and bench can be shifted, so that will wait for another day. Actually I can probably do that myself. Iím taking the rest of the night off. I want to get this all done by New Yearís, but thatís an aspiration, not a necessity.

SD - I like the cross stitch pattern. Sorry I opened up another portal of temptation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, I would have bought the reindeer fabric, too. I really like that.

LL, you sure have been busy. That's a lot of quilts, even just finishing them.

CH, glad you didn't trip on the kitties. Don't know what the weather is going to do, but I just hope we don't lose power.

No worries, D. I've been wanting a sewing room cross stitch for my door for yrs. I haven't done anything about it because I couldn't find the right thing, but I like that. I'll probably order it next week after the storm, since UPS is leaving things down at the road now and plows will be out nonstop for days, the way it sounds. 😞

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow LL! You sure have done a lot this year. Mystery quilts are kind of a gamble, aren't they? I'm watching a web site to see what she is making before I decide to cut any of my fabric. I want to be sure I like it before chopping everything to bits.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ran across this idea on Pinterest (of course). It might be a useful idea for others, too. Read comments for additional suggestions of what to include in the binders. We have a list of some of the items, and much of ours are in our safe deposit box at the bank, but after reading this blog, I think we need something more robust.
    https://pin.it/ic6bdm7zmmsrsc

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Do I ever have a lot to do today! I hardly know where to start. I really need to do some laundry, but can’t get the washing machine so that’s high on the list. I’ve totally ignored the kitchen while I’ve worked on all this, but at the moment I only have two clean knives and three or four clean soup spoons, so I really need to do the kitchen. I’m stopped in the living room until I finish moving the book cubes, so should I start there? Or putting away all the stuff from the more or less office supply shelves? Or the stuff out of small closet?

Breakfast first. Then I just need to jump in and do something to get a start. I’m leaning toward working on the bookshelf/closet stuff mostly. I’m sure I have some plastic forks somewhere - lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First do the thing that gives you some storage to move smaller things into, which will create some space to move other things around in to get them in some order. Repeat as necessary.

I played around with bags some more. I've become unhappy with having painting tools in duffels, but one of those would be a good third DfG bag. I found the 2 tool pockets that go into pails, and Husby rounded up 2 pails to put them in, which I cleaned up. Once they're dry I can move the paint tools into the pails and repurpose the bag I want. By accident I also found the sturdy luggage cart I was wishing last week I hadn't gotten rid of, so clearly I forgot I'd kept it. I put it on the box to be donated, but then realized it sits about 3" off the ground when not being towed. The Magna Cart, much as I love them, sits flat on the ground. Not good on rainy or slushy days because the bottom duffel on the cart would get wet during loading and unloading. I have to put up a sturdy hook, but found a spot to hang the cart in the sewing room. Win! I'm happy I didn't give it away after all. I was going to add straps to the backs of the bags to slip over the cart handle, but then realized I don't have to because the cart has nice bungees to hold things in place. Less work for me.

Since I couldn't find any more work to do involving bags, I finished sewing all the 3-triangle blocks I have cut. Just have to press them now. I need to finish cutting scraps, too. Then I might put the quilt away again for a while, or maybe focus on the 9-patch blocks.

Still waiting for the storm to show up. It's foggy now. The snow is supposed to start in an hour or so. Radar looks like freezing rain might stay south of us. Fine by me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have rain starting in about an hour, to continue off and on all afternoon, cranking up to thunderstorms tonight.

I’ve made a start but my knees were telling me it was break time. I though I’d check in see what everyone is up to. Guess it’s you and me this morning,SD. P

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're just now starting to get precip. I can barely see it, and nothing is dripping off the deck rails yet. I hope we don't get rain. South of here really got pounded. Weather channel and MSNBC says it's like a skating rink around the Cities. I read online early this morning there had already been over 100 accidents.

Storm is trying to push Shadow down on the floor so he can sit on her again. We've never had a dog before who does that. It's hilarious to watch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone.

CH - yes mysteries are hit or miss. I've never tried another one since. Like you I now wait for the final results before I made a decision. Most of my quilts are self made, no bought pattern and I do all the math.

SD - stay safe and I hope you don't get the freezing rain. I don't miss it, not even a tiny bit.

DC - I hope you are making good progress
    2020 Goals:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have indeed made good progress today. By late afternoon I was moving around more easily so that helped. I think I’m gaining quite a bit of space and it’s great for all the mops and brooms to finally have the home that was designed for them. Tomorrow I will catch up on the kitchen and start going through all the stuff that was in the misappropriated broom closet. It had become a general household catch all, aka black hole.

This definitely won’t be done by New Year’s. I did get some good storage for the fabric that will be much better than what I have now, and will be adequate if I do put it in the attic, but it won’t be here until Tuesday, and Tuesday and Wednesday are both party days. Again. I will be heartily glad when the holidays are over. I think I can keep the fabric down here though. In the meanwhile there is enough to keep me busy for another couple of days.

With all this I can’t settle to any cross stitch. When the point comes that I can declare it finished - as finished as housework ever is - I plan to have at least a week with nothing but cross stitch.

CH - I like your idea of a fairy jar. I came across a vase today that will be good, if a little big. Mine though will be for the stray things that are just too much of a nuisance to stop and put away right then, like beads or the odd floss bobbin or safety pin. Usually they end up everywhere. It will be a good holding pen until it builds up and then I can put it all away at once. With a clear glass vase it won’t be out of sight, out of mind.
    Last edited by dcompton; 12-29-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Regarding reindeer print fabric - I really don't have anything on hand that goes with this other than a yard of cream solid. I am thinking a dark blue or gray with some silver or gold print? Opinions? I would make a small simple pieced quilt to hang over a bench in my foyer. Something like this..
    https://www.joann.com/patriotic-cott...ilvers&start=1