2019 Stash Management - Page 194
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194
Results 2,896 to 2,906 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The tea is nice and warm and the house smells amazing. I went downstairs for something and forgot what it was. Oh well.

That's a clever way to frame your projects. Since it's very lightweight you may be able to hang it with straight pins. I use them for small pictures and decorative items. They are sturdy and don't leave huge holes.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's a good idea. If I used the cheap straight pins I have no other use for, those would be pretty much invisible on a busy fabric, too.

I have a ton of drapery hooks and might use those to hang stuff from the repurposed crib parts. I'll be putting backing on all the pics, so the hooks wouldn't show. Might need to add some interfacing for strength, but that could just be some little squares ironed on, quick and simple and cheap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would concerned about using the tacky stuff directly on the fabric. It might draw out oiliness faster than paint. Anyway the board and magnets are bought and here so it’s a moot point.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you could decorate or paint the magnets. OTOH, if you're happy, why bother? 🙂

Chester had another seizure. It seems like they might be getting more frequent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Poor Chester, those seizures are exhausting.
    I finished the poinsettia pillows, they are smaller and no ruffles. I went back to the cross-stitch ornaments, definitely making progress. I need to keep at it until they are finished.
    Client send me a personalized e-card for the holidays. Prairie dogs wearing Christmas hats and singing carols. There is a point in the song where they sing the person's name and at the end one is holding a sign saying Merry Christmas and my name. Hilarious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - I came back on to say I really like the border on the cross stitch. It looks great. I just forgot to do it in the last post.

This is perhaps not the best time to suggest messing with magnets. Last night I decided before bed that I would go on and make the needle minders, though I will use some more like refrigerator magnets. First just getting the different sizes of magnets in the box separated was a trial. I would get one strip off, put a second strip, finally, down well away from it, and before I could get the third strip free, the first two would smack together and I would have to start over. Finally I learned about 8-12” apart would do, unless I jostled a set or carelessly set them down closer, and wham. Then that larger mass would start hauling in the others. When I finally got the glue tube open and working again, I starting the gluing and it was all going swimmingly, until one would suddenly go catapulting onto another. Then I had a time getting the magnets slid apart, which slid them off whatever they were glued too, getting glue all over my fingers that then got it all over the bead or button. This did not happen just once. Once I had a four magnet pile up. Eventually it was done, but holy cow! From now on I am leaving this job strictly to the magnet and glue handling professionals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chester is back to normal now, poor boy. It seems like it happens about once a month. Vet said there's no treatment and that it doesn't really harm him. They last about a minute and he's recovered about a half hr later. It could be worse. And I was wrong, they're not getting more frequent. His last one was more than 6 wks ago.That's a good thing to be wrong about.

Got some more cross stitch done. It's a small project, so it's going fast, even with all my mistakes and redoing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, no! That sounds like a problem of magnetrific proportions! Are they rare earth magnets? Sounds like they're strong. Hope you can get them under control. And forgive me for lol and getting a mental picture of a Laurel and Hardy routine. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Magnets are great fun. DH has made some projects and accidentally glued some in upside down.

Sorry to hear about Chester. It is hard to see them struggle and not be able to help them.

2020. How did we get here?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - yes. You’re forgiving for laughing. I was more like cussin’ at the time, but laughing in retrospect. I’m sure it would have been hilarious for a bystander. Again yes. They’re the little round rare earth magnets. Strong is an understatement. Happily the glue scrapes off with a finger nail when it’s dry and it peeled off my fingers easily enough.

I didn’t worry about which side was down. When I use them on the cross stitch to hold my pattern or whatever, I’ll let the loose one underneath the fabric decide which way it wants to face. They are very particular.

Tonight when I was moving stuff I decided I had to finally do something about the philodendron, or really probably pothos. The vines were from 4 to 6-7 feet long, trailing over a four foot bookcase to the floor and across the floor to beneath a bench. I cut them all back to maybe 3’, and have the rest cut into segments in water. I hope at least some of them will root.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

On to a bright shiny new year. I’ll start the new thread. See you there!