2019 Stash Management - Page 20
Page 20 of 194 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070120 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday on a whim I started stripping that gigantic label off my new trash can.
    2019 Stash Management-20190104_185601_1549385274459.jpg
    It went pretty well, so today I really went crazy on it. Shouldn't have. Normally I don't react to Goo Gone but I did a much bigger area today, therefore was inhaling it a lot longer. Bad things ensued, but I feel okay after laying down a while. Lesson learned. I did almost half the label today. Tomorrow I will quit after the next 1/4. It looks so much nicer on the side without the label now. Can't wait to get it done. I still can't believe I found that thing. It's been working out perfectly for my purposes. This all started because I cut and slit some rubber tubing to put on the bottom of the can because I slide it around on the floor as needed. It's not made for that and I don't want to damage the floor. But I didn't want to put the tubing on and then strip it later.

I was reading last night about a grandma's experience losing twin preemie grandbabies, girl and boy. She was saying how much she appreciated the angel gowns provided for the babies, but wished her angel grandson could have had a more boyish gown. Her story touched me, so I am going to shop harder for blue gowns and fabrics and make a better inventory of boy gowns and pockets before I go looking for my next hospital. I think boy angels need to be my focus for a while.

In my search for more ideas for boy gowns, I ran across a good YT for drafting vests for boy gowns. I was planning to DIY those but there's no point in me reinventing the wheel when good instructions fall right into my lap. I don't want to get back into full scale gown production yet, but I might mass produce a couple dozen vests for when I start again. Bow ties, too. Those are fast and simple and I can finish them at crafts or while I watch TV.

I don't think I will ever forget the grandma and her little grandson. I sew these gowns for people like her, and I need to make sure I provide what these families need the best I can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby has been talking to HR at work and thinks he's going to take his vacation time starting March 15. He will have to go back for one day in late April and then he will start getting pension after 6 weeks or so. It's getting real now. Things will be tight the next 3 years, but we should be okay.

I finally had a chance to really look at the vest patterns I already had for babies and identified some problems. I corrected those, I hope. The YT tutorial was helpful for that. I will have to test them to find out if they work. There was no pattern for the micro preemie size and the author said it wasn't possible to make a workable pattern, so I did. That one has to be tested too, so maybe I will find out why she said it can't be done. I have some other patterns I need to draft for boys, basically simple mods to the patterns I have. Everything has to be done in 4 sizes. If I can get 3 or 4 styles that work, that would be enough for now. It would make sewing stuff more interesting if I could do a variety.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally hemmed/shortened pants (summer weight) and put away in storage. Maybe they will become PJ bottoms instead. At least not sitting in the "to be fixed" pile any longer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate the TBF pile. Also the UFO drawer.

The snow guy came and plowed ahead of the storm we're supposed to get starting tomorrow with wind and 5-8" more snow. Husby raked the gh roof so that's ready too.

I'm tickled tonight because I figured out the HM cream soup mix I've used for years and the HM Hamburger Helper mix recipe I've looked at for years with good intentions are basically the same, so can be used interchageably. One less jar of stuff to store in the house and camper, plus the mix will get used up faster so stay fresher. I'm going to check for rice cooker recipes because I suspect there are some for making HH in a rice cooker. Crockpot recipes, too. Both could be handy in the camper.

I love living in a world where there's always something new to learn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow SD. Thatís suddenly quick for DHs retirement. I hope you and he have all the fun in the world! Think how much you can get done!

The yarn did not come today. I looked back at the email I received when it shipped and there is a barcode for in store return so the mulberry mix will definitely go back. I didnít do anything today after all. The headache dissipated, but I did a really dumb thing Sunday. At the bday party I had a coke with supper. I know to never do that and donít know why I did. I canít have that caffeine jolt that late. I was still wide awake at 4:30 when I made myself go to bed and fell asleep sometime after five. I couldnít sleep too late because I had that ophthalmologist appointment. I think I was still just tired from that today.

We got up to 78 today. Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were planning on retirement in May, but another shipload of crap is about to happen at his work, so he wants out. The past year has been hell for him due to changes in his job. He's already had one heart attack and now is under so much stress it's worrisome. He's been taking sick days almost every week because of stress. We will be taking a huge financial hit because of having to pay 100% of our health insurance, but we're not seeing a good alternative. I don't see much travel happening for a while. Which will give us time to get the dogs trained better for camping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday was freakish warm here. It got up to 70 during my lunch time walk.

Last weekend I finished work on one of my skirts. It is a plain black skirt I sewed a big chunk of novelty fabric to. The fabric theme is wizard's library. It is not one I will be wearing to work, but it will be good to wear during our weekly D&D game.

I am thinking for my next embroidery project I will do a small felt heart. Or maybe several of them. I have seen a few online with a felt heart filled with random embroidered flowers. I have also seen hearts with more free form embroidery designs.

Work is really busy. People are trying to cram as much stuff in as they can before the CR expires on February 15th. The head of our agency is "optimistic" that we will not have another shutdown when the CR expires. Not too many share that optimism. Although I am doing prep work for a conference that happens in two weeks.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I looked back at tracking on the yarn and it said Tuesday 12th. Oh. I just saw Tuesday and assumed it was yesterday’s Tuesday.

Today is mostly housework until evening. I rarely use cookbooks, except for baking, but I’m going to take out some meat to start thawing in the fridge and I may look through a couple to see if anything inspires me, but I’ll probably end up just doing the same old things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I re-covered the lid of a box we have at the foot of our bed. The dogs use it to get off and on the bed, and we sit on it to put on shoes. I bought it before we got married 43 years ago, and it was old then. It's been redone at least 3 times, and it's overdue again. Still have to do the bottom part.

I finally used up all the cotton furniture batting I bought in the early 1980s, which I used to pad the lid. Glad that's finally done. I don't know why I hung on to all that this long. It took up a lot of space everywhere we lived for over 30 years. Stupid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby told HR his second to last day will be a couple hours on March 13, then vacation, then his last day will be May 1.

I hope we can get the garage ceiling done during that time. And some stuff with the greenhouse and garden. We're supposed to have a late spring again though. There's plenty to do inside, too.

Big changes coming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like some great things happening here. I can officially say " the Wedding Dress is done" I finished it off today for all the alterations and got it put back together ( did have to take out one seam as I didn't like how it looked so redid that one.) and it is finished. Yay me! So now I get to enjoy and do things I would like to do ( at least for a while anyway..... I am sure there will be some more sewing jobs coming in) So on my to do list is..... finish putting snaps on the new bib I made for little miss. stitch on DGD#2's fleece blanket and also switch out to some quilt blocks when I get tired of the crochet. I have a blue ridge beauty I am putting the blocks together right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ffinished mil's shawl yesterday. got a meah from hubby and son when I asked if they liked it so said screw you cus you will have to come up with your own gift for your mom because she knows this is not your doing. still have to wash and block it. added a couple of inches in at the collar because it was too wide though I followed the pattern. it is mandala yarn unicorn. one she always looked at but didn't want a blanket. it is a lot brighter in person 2019 Stash Management-shawl.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's very pretty, Martha. I bet she will just love it.

March 13 is 5 weeks from yesterday. I don't know why I feel like I should be doing something to prepare. It would be nice if we could leave on a trip but there will still be a couple feet of snow on the ground. Weather permitting, we may take a trip to Duluth or GR for no real reason. Woohoo. We're so extravagant.

We can't work putside that early either. I'm hoping we, or at least I can get the master bath ready to have the vanity installed. That will include painting. I've been putting that off because I'm not comfortable jumping on and off a ladder or stepstool when I'm home alone.

I'm sure we will have plenty to do.

I got the box reupholstered and back in place. It looks much nicer. Here's the old view. This never was the right fabric in any way, and since it raveled easily and was too lightweight, the top was all ripped up.
    2019 Stash Management-20190206_102855_1549554517648.jpg
    Here's the new view. Much nicer, using upholstery fabric with a design that fits with the knotty pine bedframe we have now and the northwoods theme I'm trying to put together. I like how it turned out.
    2019 Stash Management-20190207_092608_1549554916058.jpg
    Shadow is very much relieved to have the box back. Our bed is higher than usual because of the drawer base I put under it for blanket storage, and she had a hard time getting on the bed last night, poor girl.

Don't know if I will work on the trash can or not today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everyone is busy! Congrats on all the finishes - wedding dress, shawl, and box. The shawl and box look great.

Iíve been in donít-do-much mood. I finally cleaned out the fridge and found less to toss than I expected. There were a couple of leaks/spills I had to clean up. One I had been trying to ignore was at the back of the top shelf that I canít reach. I used my grabber to hang on to a rag. That worked fairly well. I have chicken, a roast, and several chubs of ground beef thawing for the big cook-in next week. I donít like cooking so Iím trying to streamline meals even more. I ordered reusable meal prep containers, coming tomorrow. Instead of just having ingredients prepped, now I will have meals in the fridge and freezer. I think that will help me eat better. A couple of days of cooking misery then a lot of coasting. I hope that works better. It should cut down on dishwashing too.

I started another scarf last night and have it maybe 2/3 done. That will be a quick finish tonight. Todayís project is to inventory and reorganize the freezer, start deciding that to cook, and putting together a grocery list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

About halfway through skein #5 on the p/g afgan. I definitely get more done on the weekends but I'm still chugging along.