2019 Stash Management - Page 26
Page 26 of 194 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676126 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was reminded last night while shopping eBay that I have, or used to have, hardware and software for downloading embroidery designs for my machine. I haven't seen it in years and don't know if I still have it, or if it would even work on our newer computers. If I still have it, its most likely location is in the Black Hole, I mean, the guest room. Uh oh.

I will have to check the cabin first. That would be easier to search. Hope I can find it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I added quilt batt/stuffing to a pillow that I used to keep in the old car (bad seats). I have another pillow to add to. That gets it off the storage shelf at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost done with skein #9 on the p/g afgan. I think I should be done with it today, especially if I leave work early due to the snow.

We're expected to only get about 2-4 inches of snow but it's the change-over to rain during the evening commute that bothers me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No embroidery stuff in the cabin, but at least I finally got out there to drag in some AG stuff so I can plant lettuce sometime.

I found a set of three embroidery hoops on Amazon for my machine. Those would be very helpful. I could get a set on eBay for half the price but they're not the same brand as the one that came with my machine, and the feedback is a little sketchy in that all three sellers (which I suspect are the same sellers under different names) seem to have a history of not shipping stuff and then not talking to buyers afterward. Amazon might be expensive but at least they're fairly reliable, and the hoops are identical to the one I have. Decision made.

Waiting for the storm to hit. It's supposed to get really windy with 1-4 inches of snow. Not major, but annoying. I'm ready for spring but it will be another six weeks at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didnít get all the cooking done yesterday but enough to make a real mess. I couldnít face it when I finally finished. I have thawed burgers to cook and didnít get to squash/carrot skillet so I absolutely must use the squash today. Iíll do that after while and I can catch up with the dishes while thatís all cooking. I baked a pizza for lunch just to get that big box out of the freezer. I need the space. Not that it was a hardship to have pizza. Itís something I seldom buy and it was a nice treat. Last night I worked on taking more GW clothing apart.

Here is the gigantic sparkly ribbon, the reason I bought the rather tacky wreath, and the stuff out of the mixed craft bags. The fabric from the bag I bought one of them for isnít in the picture. I donít know if the wide pink and blue ribbon will have any use, but I was glad to get the styrofoam eggs. There two packages of them. The thread is three ply Persian wool. I have other bits of it and will have to figure out a project for it some day.

This is some of the fabric, just samples since the garments of course had more fabric in them than this. The piece on the right with the neckline doesnít show it much but itís actuaaly lace. I really like the ties. They are all silk and good quality. I will be able to get large enough pieces out them. They came from the regular priced stores, $2 with one on half off for $1. One of the stores isnít too inconvenient to get to so it might be worth checking itvjust for ties now and then, hoping to find more sale ones. Tonight Iíll finish taking everything apart.

I have no idea if the photos will post right side up. The odds are against it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-d82273ef-5ac1-45f8-97dc-0708fc65f976.jpg

2019 Stash Management-536baf6b-eed1-4b87-b564-87d5b5ef2d6e.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had the day off work today for the weather. Enough snow to shut us down. Other regions probably laugh at how little shuts us down. Actually the main factor is that they are predicting freezing rain on top of the layer of snow. That generally causes accidents. And that can make for really long commutes.

I did a tiny amount on my embroidery. I spent a chunk of time reading and playing games with my husband.

The fill in stitch shows little bits of the cloth below. Perhaps this will be less pronounced with practice. Or maybe it is less noticable on a white background. It is slightly less noticable when I am not looking at it up close.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ooooo, lots of fun new toys to play with! I love that royal blue on the left, first pic.

I made some zesty Italian dressing from a mix recipe I found lately, and it's good! Winner! No more buying salty dressing and having to give up pantry space to store them. I just love when this happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's snowing here too, Kathy. State offices almost never shut down here, although all the colleges were closed when it was so cold. We're looking forward to Husby not having to go out in bad weather next winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - when is his last day again (except for the checkout)?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/13 he goes in for 2-3 hours, then I think it's a full day on May 3, which apparently will be spent staring at the walls of his cube, since he said they're taking his computer and phone.

I've concluded I like the idea of foil packet cooking a lot more in theory than in practice. I made marinated chicken with onion, veggies, and potatoes tonight. It was edible but so boring. I'm debating if I should look for different recipes or just give that idea up. I didn't like messing with it either, and it wasted so much foil. I think I will focus on other camp food ideas for now, and see if I run across anything in a packet that looks better.

A set of 40 embroidery thread cones leapt into my Amazon cart. I was powerless to stop it. Sneaky things. I should be set for colors for a long time with that. Husby was going to send the order but the dastardly thread made him think I wasn't done shopping when it suddenly appeared on his computer. He's debating about some stuff he wants, then he'll send the order. I want that little hoop for my machine ASAP. It should waste a lot less stabilizer and be easier to use with small pieces of fabric. I should have ordered that hoop set years ago.

Still snowing hard here. I wonder how much we will get. Still loving our plow guys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, my work closed yesterday, mostly because of the threat of icy conditions forecast around the usual rush hour, which normally is annoying on a good day.

Finished skein #9 and started skein #10 yesterday on the p/g afgan. It's looking like I will need all the skeins I have. I'll probably end up with one extra purple skein because Michaels only allows online orders of 3-skein packs. They break them out when the packs get to the stores but it's kinda annoying when you need only one or two skeins and have to order online.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I decided yesterday I wasn’t going to bother returning the yarn I bought online that just didn’t work. The bright one will make great scarves and the muted mulberry is a nice color.

I’m going to put all the crocheting away for now and get started next on making blocks to embellish. That project has been too long delayed with one thing and another. Today I need to finish messing with the GW haul. I’m working on taking apart the bling top of the one adult dress I got. It is turning out to be a difficult project and taking way longer than I expected. I don’t know if I will even be able to use it, but what can I say? It was irresistible blue and green. After that I have to see how to get the ribbon off the wreath frame and then put it all away. I’ll need to spend some time with my crazy quilt books before I actually start making the blocks.

It’s raining here again. We have missed most of the rain so far. We only ended up getting .3” when the rest of the south was floating away. With the gaps between the waves of rainy days it’s had time to soak into the ground. That’s better, but I do enjoy a good heavy rainstorm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’ve decided on my plan. One of my two favorite books is Foolproof Crazy Quilting by Jennifer Clouston. I tried to post a link but it was doing weird things. It has layout patterns for 8 different hexagons and one half hexagon. Then it illustrates embroidery and embellishments for 25 hexagons. Each detail is keyed to instructions and materials and best needle to use. While it would be fun to just fly free on the embellishments, to work through these would be a master class in design and techniques. Since my hexagons will have different fabrics and colors, and my buttons and beads will not be her buttons and beads, there will still be plenty of scope for doing it my way. It seems to me this would be a sound beginning to mastering new skills. So the plan is to make some hexagons and dive in. The hexagons are, if I remember, 8”, which is larger than I would like right now, but it’s probably better to start with something larger.

Cotton would definitely be easier to work with, but I really want to play with my fancy fabrics. I have some preprinted fabric with blocks so I may make a few of those with cotton.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last of the GW loot. The beads from the bead curtain and the dress bling. If it was as hard to put that dress together as it was to take it apart, I pity the seamstresses.

I still have to disassemble the wreath and put everything away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-7c817ab8-7668-4a3c-ab06-7f70dd5e990e.jpg

2019 Stash Management-1d3fb2dd-b16d-45af-aa6d-362ba6a3d214.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nope. That wasnít all. I really like the textured yellow. The wild purple and orange was my being-nice purchase. The little girl must have shown me 200 things asking ďwhat about this?Ē I rejected all but two because I felt bad about it. This was a tiny pair of shorts. The other was more sedate and I donít remember which it was. There was an alarming amount of pink in her hopeful nominations. Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-2581da5c-3e58-4b9f-ae6d-0a3b0813ad8c.jpg