2019 Stash Management - Page 3
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year, everyone! Sounds like people have been busy.

I spent my vacation either writing or working on the second wool afgan. I didn't send the first one off yet so I may wait until the second is finished to mail it. If nothing else, I can always give my friend a heads-up and bring them up to her as they live about an hour or so away from me.

So, right now I'm on skein #6 and the afgan covers my legs. I finished skein #2 the day I went on vacation and just powered through skeins 3-5, mostly while watching DVD's. I did pick up two more wool skeins but I'm pretty sure I'll need them at this point. If nothing else, I'll make a lapgan for them with the remainders.

I'm hoping to do some stash-busting this year. I did find the skeins for my car WIP during vacation. They were in my car but since that's a mess, I put them in the project bag. I thought I was going to go out to more movies than I did or at least people watch at the mall. Ended up only going to see two movies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy - I’ve been thinking of you and all the others impacted by the shutdown. I hope it ends soon, for you and everyone. Congress should lose paychecks until it’s resolved, not all the innocent bystanders.

Welcome to all of you who are new(ish) to the thread. We all like to hear of everyone’s projects and progress.

Fortunately the rain started much later than predicted and at present it’s not raining hard yet, so I hope by the time I can head out to town the low stretch of road will still be ok. Coming back I can take the long way around and avoid the section that tends to flood, but I don’t want to add all those extra miles to the tire until it’s fixed.

My living room still looks like a war zone. The extra containers are due from Amazon today but I haven’t checked yet to see if that’s a true story. I hope so because then I can start making some real headway on getting everything put away. I was antsy to leave the gathering by about 2 yesterday, but there was no graceful exit point until about 7:30. By then I was worn down and just crocheted and worked word puzzles for the rest of the night.

I moved more of the yarn into the attic so that also gained me some shelf space. A friend and a couple of neighbors organized my attic yesterday. The guys just throw things anywhere - the women of the group despair. Putting like with like in neat accessible stacks is apparently a totally alien concept to them. My friend organized one of their attics some time ago and the other one is on her list. With luck since they helped with the project they may get the idea - lol. However that may be too much to hope for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I've become a political junkie, I keep up with the news and it doesn't sound good for people to get back to work. I won't say any more about that except I also hope for a breakthrough once House leadership changes hands tomorrow, so they can at least pass the CR and get people back to work. I will say however I'm deeply annoyed with my fellow Americans acting like idiots and going into our national parks to throw trash around and vandalize things. I hope security cameras are up and running so said idiots can be appropriately prosecuted at a later date.

I also had to plow through the mess on the kitchen counters and sinks yesterday, and unclog the slow kitchen drain with some magic crystals from Ace Hardware. It's good to have work space again.

Chester had another seizure today, his third in the last month or so. Poor boy. They don't last long and he's back to normal fairly quickly, but it feels like we're slowly losing him.

I got the wolves done. It turned out okay. Not my favorite project but it's a lot nicer than what he had and gave me some more experience and used up some more stuff. The back side turned out almost as nice as the front.
    2019 Stash Management-20190102_122318_1546455866475.jpg
    I like the front, too. I wish the wolves were bigger but I had them and I'm trying to use up stash. I like the blocks for the colors they add.
    2019 Stash Management-20190102_122426_1546456080658.jpg
    Of course, I couldn't have done it without my reliable snoopervisor who was on the job as soon as I went to work this morning.
    2019 Stash Management-20190102_073109_1546456258176.jpg

Now the tracking for my new templates says they're in Minneapolis. On Monday they were supposedly only 50 miles away, not 250. I've never seen UPS tracking so messed up. I just hope my stuff shows up eventually. Today would be nice.

I still need to work on angel gowns.

How people can get bored or unable to think of something to do is beyond me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I had a package start off being sent to a facility about 5-10 miles away then got shipped to Texas (halfway across the country) before returning and being delivered to me a week later.

The blanket looks great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I have almost all my 10,000 steps in so far for today. got some more string blocks made, ( mindless sewing) and dinner going in the crock pot for tonight. Hope it is enough for a couple of meals. My piano kid for today is sick and not able to come. will probably kick back and get some blanket stitching with yarn on a fleece blanket I am doing for DGS#3. I stitch a blanket stitch around the edge and then crochet an edging around it after to finish it off. looks cute and I have made several. ( 4 for grandchildren so far and 1 for a daughter and one for me) I look for the larger pieces of remnant fleece at Joann's and pick that up. First one I did for a granddaughter and it was actually my daughter's favourite as it was easy and big enough to scoop the baby up if you were just going next door for something etc. My other daughter keeps hers in their vehicle to cover their baby with since you are not to have them wear bulky coats in the carseat anymore for safety sake. It is a mindless activity that I like to do for my kids and grandkids.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished the awful block with all the trapezoids. The center seam is off, even though I matched and pinned it. If it annoys me tomorrow I will redo it.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate when stuff doesn't match up.

At least my package didn't go to Texas! It arrived today and I already cut big stacks of all the pieces I need for now. I really like the templates. I think they're worth the cost, so I'm glad I bought them. Since they make several sizes, I think I will find quite a few uses for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I always have trouble with those trapezoid blocks. I haven't started them yet. got my 10000 steps in. Still haven't got to the blanket stitch yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They put the car up and checked all the tires, decreed all to be ok. The service guy said they thought it was just such a hard thwack that it deformed the tire enough momentarily that it lost some air. I’ll see but for now I will trust them. They kindly didn’t charge me, so that was nice.

The weather turned out more benign than predicted and the threatened thunderstorms became just normal rain and not too heavy. When I finished with the car it had slacked off quite a bit so I did go on to JA. I bought fusible interfacing in light and medium weight, tear away stabilizer, and insulbrite, 2 yds each, and packages of two kinds of the double sided fusible web for applique, so I can see which I prefer, since I’ve never used any of it. White thread (I had none), extra black thread, and several shades of gray, light to dark. The thread was half off.

Cotton wasn’t on my list, but I checked clearance fabric and picked up a few. It was 20% off the clearance price and I could also use the senior day 20% off coupon. Since I only bought 1/8 yard of each, it was super cheap. I also bought 1/8 yards of some light neutrals. They were not on sale, but this is the last JA trip for a long time. That’s a category that still pretty thin in the stash so it will be useful. There was one costly cotton purchase. I have been looking for a tree fabric for a long time in store and all over the internet and never found one I liked. As I was on my way to the register I cut down an aisle and spotted one. There were only 2.75 yds of it and I got it all. The 40% off coupon applied to that so I’m satisfied with the deal.

The other thing on my list was some gray and black fancy fabric. I found a fair number. Some were 60% off plus my senior day discount, some may not have been, but only getting 1/8 yd, it won’t break the bank. The only thing I got 1/4 yd of was a dark green lace fabric. There was a bolt on the sale rack and one on an unmarked rack, and some both places that looked the same but may not have been, so it was rather vague what was on sale and what wasn’t. I also got 1/8 yard of a few shiny/sparklies in colors. I kept that on the cheap.

The one who cut almost all of my fabric had a generous hand with the scissors. She couldn’t seem to quite believe that I really only wanted such tiny cuts. So that is the end of the 2018 stash building. (For those of you who weren’t around, this was a long planned trip that I deferred to get the best coupons, so I’m counting it as last year.) If I ever work down to a clear table I’ll get some photos.

I hope I don’t have a black eye when I see the ophthalmologist tomorrow. I was sitting on the walker and pulled out a bolt on the upper rack. It dragged the one next to it down, a nice new full bolt, and that one smacked me edge on across the eye. Fortunately it was the one done first, so it’s had a full month to heal.

Now I’m home and tired. I won’t do much tonight.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad your tires checked out all right. Those sound like pretty good deals. Hope you have fun with all of it. I'm going out tomorrow and will see what is left of the holiday sales. I don't need anything, but I can be tempted.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oops. I saw some sale Christmas fabric I liked and forgot to go back and pull bolts, two if I remember. Cheating to go back for it? I’ve decided to let fate decide. I have a 2:30 ophthalmologist appointment and set a grocery pickup between 4:00 and 5:00. If there is time between, I’ll get it. If not, too bad. My guess is the doc will be busy today right after all the closed holidays. When he said 2 weeks for another post op exam, the scheduler stared at the computer for a long time before coming up with this slot. I figure I have about a 50-50 chance of squeezing in the JA Christmas fabric pickup. It’s out of the way between the doc and grocery store, so that narrows the odds too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made 73 of my 60 (no typo ) half square triangle blocks, which I'm sure have an official name. THEN I found out they're 1/4" to 1/2" too small. Ugh. It would be less of a problem except I also cut 53 triangle in a square blocks, and I have all those 2.5 squares cut already, too. I will have to figure out how to manipulate seam allowances to make everything fit. At least I only had one 9 patch block sewed. Oh, and I only need 12 triangle in square blocks, too. Give me some time, I'm sure I will find some other ways to mess up this project.

The templates make everything fit together nicely though on those blocks though.

Somehow I managed to make hot pretzels in the microwave without setting the kitchen on fire.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow SD. You don’t usually make mistakes like that. The rest of your year is bound to be better.

I’m in town and didn’t so much drive in as take the car for a swim. There is high water everywhere, so regardless of the timing, there will be no return to JA. It’s on a street that floods easily and I’m definitely not going there today. As it is I took the very long away around coming and will go back that way too. It was bad enough. My usual route may be almost impassible. I’m not going to find out.

My sewing machine cart is assembled and all the containers are here, so when I get home I can dive into the decluttering again. I can’t wait to get the piles cleared away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope the flooding doesn't get any worse, D. Have fun organizing.

I hope my quilt doesn't get any worse, either.

The forecast looks good here Saturday. I don't know if we'll make it to JA or not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 1 queen quilt batt for $10.17 after sale & Sr discount at JA. That is for one of the inherited quilt tops. It's put away for a while. I did pull scraps and start cutting into squares and rectangles just for storage.

Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast