2019 Stash Management - Page 43
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC area is kind of sellers market, so I do not think it will remain unsold for a long time.

One added benefit is that the local high school is one of the best in the area. At least it was when we moved in. To get a better public high school you would have to move into a much more expensive area. So I think it has good selling points.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would expect your area to be a seller's market. Ours will be if a mining company gets permitted. I've been trying to decide for years how I feel about that issue. But a similar mine was just permitted in this area and will break ground soon, so it's looking more likely for here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Twenty ft waves on Lake Superior, 70 mph winds on some of the bridges in Duluth, no travel advised in large parts of MN. That rarely happens. We're expecting 4-8 inches here and still getting lots of wind so we can expect to lose power. It started snowing here about an hour ago. I'm officially sick of winter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you didn't lose power last night, SD. It's supposed to get up into the 70's today and tomorrow. So it's finally warm enough to really start working in my garden plot. Yay. I still need to pick up seeds but I can get those from my local Wegman's.

Still working on skein #6 on my wool-blend afgan. I didn't get any work done on it on Wednesday. I didn't get home until 10 pm that night. Went to a friend's funeral.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No loss of power yet, but the storm is not over till tomorrow morning.

Got the second coat of paint on the nook. It can dry overnight and then we can get the cabinet moved out of the way. I really want to get this project done because the weather could turn anytime and then outside work will start. I don't want to leave the bathroom half done, but we have so much to do outside that's what would probably happen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - I’m sorry about your persistent winter and I can relate, though my sick-of-the-season is definitely summer that pretty much lasts from May to mid October. We got back down into the 50s last night which I honestly didn’t expect. We have severe weather in the forecast for tomorrow. I hope your power stays on. Losing power is awful in the hot summer but I think it’s worse in winter weather. At least your bathroom is benefitting from the misery.

I stayed with the thread sorting yesterday after all and finished it last night. It was a huge job and I’m glad it’s done. It was a super cheap way to get several lifetimes of metallic thread though I knew it was going to be a bear to sort.

I don’t know how much I will really get done on the house. With this changeable weather from hot to chilly and big stormy weather on the way, my arthritis may set some pretty severe limits on what I can accomplish. Some things are worth pushing through the pain. Some aren’t. I’m thinking of changing Monday’s spring cleaning agenda. I may just have them give the floors a good cleaning and then we’ll all tackle the things on my to do list that never get done - moving a pantry shelf, organizing the freezer, figuring out where to put all the clutter and stowing some in the attic, loading things to donate into the car. One thing I can definitely do is to cull the books I have already read. That’s a sitting down job. I need to start reading more again and do less time killing YouTube. I collected a great library before I retired and lately it’s just sitting there accusing me of ignoring it. I started reading one last night on Canadian weather. I also have an unfinished one on weeds I started quite some time ago. It’s definitely a pretty eclectic collection - lol.

During a break from the sorting last night I started a scarf but only did about six inches on it. I’ll work on that off and on. I want to get back - finally - to the embroidery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, D. This too shall pass. Although if you could see outside our windows right now, you might not think so.

Our idiotic heat pump has decided to work again. What a tease! I don't care how many empty promises it makes, it's going to the dump as soon as we arrange for a new AC. I'm sick of this on again, off again relationship.

I couldn't stand it anymore so we put the cabinet back. Glad that's done. It fits so tight it dragged a chunk of paint off a corner of a wall where a trim piece caught it. I expected that, so will have to sand it and touch it up, no big deal. Next goal is to prep the area behind the door, so we can paint and get that put back on. The bathroom is a pass through from the bedroom to utility hallway, and we like the door closed because the furnace is loud. It's going to take another week for the door.

We're getting the snow globe snow now and not much wind. Husby came in from shoveling all happy because the driveway is greasy and he doesn't have to try to drive up it. We have about 5" so far. One nice thing is this snow cannot possibly stay around long. We're wondering if the plow guy will come. They've had the plows off their trucks for a while now. Dunno how hard it is to put them back on.

I feel sorry for the ducks and swans here who thought it would be spring now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa - that is cute.

I haven’t accomplished a lot today but I have been culling some of the books, aka managing the library stash. I’m being fairly ruthless. I just have too much stuff in this house. Someone will drop them off for me at a local college that has a huge book sale in September. I hope they find new homes.

I’ve done a little more on the scarf and now will just settle with that until bedtime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That would be a cute sewing kit, machine appliqued. All that hand sewing? *shudder* That one's beautifully done though.

The popcorn will be gone from the bathroom today. We're thinking about doing the guest bathroom while we're at it, since we have all the stuff gathered up. That's half the size of the master bath and it would be a fairly quick job, just scraping and then a couple coats of paint.

Scraping off the popcorn is a mess, but not near as bad as I expected. We tried scraping it dry to leave a textured finish. We don't like it and Husby said it's too hard to scrape. So we'll stick with wet scraping and total removal. I can't believe how much better it looks with the popcorn is gone. I've read online arguments about whether removing popcorn makes a room brighter or not, which got pretty heated. I'm definitely in the 'brighter' camp now, after seeing it for myself. Getting a nice bright white semi gloss finish on it will make the difference even more obvious.

So far, so good. Can't wait to see it all done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We may have an exciting afternoon - we are in the bullseye for a tornado outbreak and are under a flash flood warning, though that wonít affect me. I hope the other doesnít either.

I looked at the lilies at the end of the porch and there is standing water not directly on them but all around. I think it was definitely a mistake to put them there. I may see if one of the neighbors will move them for me if we ever dry out enough. There are two days of thunderstorms forecast for mid week. My marshland in the low spot is spreading and the next lot over neighborsí ducks are in heaven.

Job 1 today is to finish with the books. The goal is to limit them to available shelf space with nothing in storage. I think Iím there but if I need to lose a few more I have several that are on probation that I could easily let go. After that if the house is still standing Iíll see whatís next. The great house clean has been moved to Tuesday so I have a dayís reprieve to get it ready.

I did a little more on the scarf but not much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It’s over and happily wasn’t exciting after all. We had some heavy thunderstorms but no hail or tornadoes or especially strong winds. Texas wasn’t so lucky. I never really worry about tornado watches and sometimes even warnings. If one comes, it comes, but they are so localized the odds are always quite high in your favor that it won’t be you. If your luck runs out, it can be disastrous and deadly, of course, but enormous outbreaks with many tornadoes all over the place are rare. Anyway, there’s nothing I can do to stop one so all there is to do is pay attention. We probably only got a little under an inch of rain. It’s just April being April in Louisiana.

I’ve accomplished nothing except taking a nap - it was great weather for it. So ok, I wasn’t paying much attention for a while - lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad the weather didn't get you! we just had some wind last night. finished dd blanket so done! working on my crochet along behind on the last squares.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It looks like the storm threw off tornados in Texas and Mississippi, skipping over us. I saw eight people were killed, a sad outcome for sure. I have been up close to tornadoes which is nerve wracking, but canít imagine the horror of seeing one headed directly for you. You are unlikely to be a victim but if you are, the violence of the storm is appalling.

I finally finished the book project and have a few inches of shelf space to spare so thatís a success. Iíve accomplished little today but after supper will carry on with my list, and then probably crochet late tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thunderstorms came through early this morning. Around 4 am, we had a deluge - pretty much whiteout conditions due to rain. Didn't sleep well last night (or Friday night for that matter) so I'm wondering if that's due to the dramatic weather pressure changes.

I was a little off because my computer is in the shop being worked on. It's not acknowledging the disc drive so I can't play DVD's. I normally crochet while I'm watching DVD's. So it's a bit weird to crochet while I don't have my computer. Although I don't think I'll mind too much in the long run. I probably need to detox from electronics anyway.