2019 Stash Management - Page 59
Page 59 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the pads off the camper bed and the top off the platform and we decided not to change the internal layout of the storage compartment after all. The divider in it is structural, meaning it works as a bed support, and I don't feel like rebuilding it now, or most likely ever. We will be adding some storage to the back bumper that will make the underbed storage less needed.

We moved the memory foam mattress in and it's still not expanded. It's been a week. Since we're making the bed smaller again, that foam will have to be cut but I don't know how long to wait. I don't want to cut it if it's going to expand in width. It better expand in length because it's at least a foot too short for the bed. So far, not at all impressed.

I'm looking at your forecast on TV, CH. Hope you're seeing it too and staying safe. Worried about our camping friends in Tulsa, OKC, and Norman, OK, too. Bad stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The new memory foam is growing like a weed. I did some online research and found out it expands faster if it's warmer, and it's always toasty in the camper. It's been in the van in the garage in cold weather for a week, and it appears that did not make it happy. The foam is now wider than its queen size space and within 4 inches of the wall instead of a foot away. I will leave it till the end of the week and then cut it.

I changed my wall pockets from side by side back to upper and lower and got that back on the wall by the bed. I always loved it there because it's so handy. I also hung up the water bottle holder I made to hang between the wall pockets when they were side by side. That will be handy, too.

We finally located the hinges for the door from the casette potty cabinet and put that back on. I hate having the pot all exposed when we don't have it set up, mostly because the broom, electric fly swatter, and a bunch of other stuff stored around it looks so junky. The door makes it all disappear.

I got a 15' web leash repaired and put in the camper. It will come in handy when their tie-out cables are too stiff and uncomfortable to hold on to but we need a long leash. I think I still have the other one I made, so the search is on for that now. I got rid of lots of duplicate dog gear when we only had Sota and didn't plan to ever have 2 dogs again, so I'm not sure what we still have.

The camper is starting to feel like home again. 🙂

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's just been rain here today, no wind or lightning. Looks like it is spinning out to the east of us this evening and we may get a few dry days before the next round. Memorial Day weekend is always a wet one.

There were 3 accidents on the highway and one under the overpass at my exit downtown and I was 10 minutes late for my appt and they said I couldn't see my doctor. That always pisses me off. I sit for 10 minutes before they ask if my address or insurance changed, then I sit for 15 minutes, before a nurse takes my blood pressure, then I sit for another 15-20 minutes until the doctor comes around and they're telling me that being 10 minutes late means the doctor hasn't got time to see me? Can we just skip the waiting and go right in? Whatever. I saw the nurse practitioner, not the same one I was seeing last year, and got a steroid shot. Whee. I am rescheduled for July. By that point my new meds should have started working. Or killed me.

I stopped at the 2nd hand fabric shop on the way home and got a couple small bits. Then stopped for a coffee, which I dumped on myself trying to get back into the car. Sigh.

Going to try making bread and hope it isn't a disaster, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - it sounds like you’re having one of those weeks too. It WILL improve for both of us. I think we got all your wind down here.

Other stuff came up and I didn’t have time to get the haircut, so the doctor got me with embarrassingly minimal hygiene. Thank goodness the water is back on now. At least I hadn’t been out running in the woods or anything so I was passable. I got to see my doctor but had to wait much longer than usual at these appointments. Is this national waiting week or something? I was beginning to think I would be late for my grocery pick up time.

I got the JA flyer today and see RH Super Saver is on for 2.79 Thursday through Saturday. Not as good as last time, but I’ll take it. I’ll try to get back to town Thursday and get the haircut and the yellow yarn. I said I had gotten a couple of colors of the RH Fair Isle yarn to try. A multi color one called parrot didn’t impress me as a scarf at all, but I’m using it in the yellow basket and I love it. Apparently they’re closing it out online, which doesn’t surprise me because they have a sky high price on it. In the store though it was the same price as the other super saver yarns. If they have any of it left I might pick up a skein or two. Online they are down to only showing four colors and parrot isn’t there now. I’m considering eventually making some double strand lapghans to keep using up all these odds and ends from years of crocheting. The parrot would probably work nicely with that. I’m really getting motivated to clear out the yarn stash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hopefully the week gets better! maybe cus of full moon! can you use a different colour so it looks like a trim. actually finished something the cat ear hat out of mandala sparkle yarn. thought it would be too small with the amount of rows you were suppose to do but added too many..oh well next time 2019 Stash Management-catearhat.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty hat, M. Pink pussy hats were all the rage (and I do mean RAGE) in 2016. I still wear mine sometimes. I made it from a sweater I got at GW and ripped up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - I have a little pale yellow I considered using, but decided against it, since this is a gift and I would always know it wasn’t right. I would do that for sure on other things, but not these. Anyway it’s a nice yellow, sunny without being fluorescent. I won’t mind having a skein if it to use for scarves for the kids. I’m becoming fonder of yellow and I have almost none left. Remnants of the pale yellow and bright yellow which is ... bright. Very bright.

I almost have groceries put away and I have to straighten/clean a little. I don’t even want the a/c guy, a stranger I will probably never see again to see the kitchen and utility room that are on the way to the attic. I would be judged - lol. The living room is piled high with yarn, but I don’t think hobbies count against you on housekeeping scores. At least it implies you are busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As part of my attempt to unearth my work table, I finished the organizer I wanted for the van so I can get that out of the way. I guess it's pretty much made of trash because I salvaged the basket and repurposed 3 litter jugs and some plastic bottles to hold stuff. The jugs will be for trash, dog leashes and misc, and snacks and beverages, tentatively anyway. The bottles are for an assortment of small items, note pads, pens, hand wipes, an assortment of stuff we usually have along. There's very little space for stuff in the van, so putting this between the front seats will be a huge help to keep stuff off the floor and from being lost under the seats or migrating underfoot all the time, and help prevent not having what we need. It's not pretty,
    but it will do the job for the cost of a few cable ties. 2019 Stash Management-20190521_220834_1558496314804.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I figured out how I can use the PVC pipe I have on hand after all, to make the clothesline for the camper. I can't find anything to buy that's the right size for the flagpole holders I'm using, so I might as well use what I have, or try anyway. The flag holders are about 1/8" too big for a nice snug fit, but I think I can just drill a hole in each pipe and buy a thumb screw for each. The thumb screw can go through the flag holder which has a threaded hole for that purpose, and right inside the pipe to keep it in place. Of course with the wind out in the Dakotas, if it doesn't work, our towels might end up back in Minnesota without us.

I was so discouraged a couple weeks ago when we were at Menards and nothing fit into the holders. I thought of the thumb screws right away, but not about drilling a hole in the pipe. I was afraid the thumb screws tightened against the side of the pipe would just crack it. Drilling holes would stress the pipe less, I think. I will be happy to get this project done, soon I hope. It will be more stash used, something useful added to our lives, and very little money spent. Except for the thumb screws, I should have everything I need.

Still need to finish the inside shower and the water transfer system, too. And replace the broken outside shower head and faucet. I can't even think about installing the new AC yet. Lots of mods to do on the camper yet this year.

That darn garage ceiling keeps getting further down the list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished lanyard and mended one of dad's shirts. I'm going to cut and hem some dog bandannas. I want to give those away at a dog event June 1 if anyone will take them. Working in the yard again today, I wish this weather would last.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So many posts since last time I checked in.

The fabric posted earlier reminded me of the prim style of crafting. Prim is short for primitive. The fabrics tend to be subdued colors in an old fashioned country style. Like 1890s farm wife old fashioned. The patterns themselves tend to be very simplified.

Back when I was kind of active on Ravelry and also dabbling around in weaving, I would sometime run into ugly yarn challenge. People would challenge themselves to use yarn they thought was ugly. Usually it would be combined with other yarn to make it look a little better. Sometimes though people would crochet monsters with the ugly yarn.

I remember zucchini growing up. We had a big patch of it. It was surprisingly hardy, so maybe it was just a difference in climates. My mom actually asked my dad to get rid of it, because she got tired of zucchini. He tried, but it came back.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I almost finished the third small basket last night. I have three more rows to do. I’ll get another done today and if I get the yarn tomorrow, that will finish the small ones. I’ll get a pic when they are finished. I can probably get a start on the medium ones as well.

I got the house presentable and the a/c guy is here. When he finishes I am home free for the day. I’ll get some breakfast and probably fall asleep again. No “ought to do” today.

I would also like to start getting some of the yarn put away again. The yarn cabinet is a jumble right now and it would feel good to begin getting it back in order after I pulled out so much deciding what to use.

A neighbor has been weed eating around my house this morning. For now we have meadows instead of lawns. Actually I like the meadow better but I am definitely overruled on that one. It’s still just too wet to mow. The mower got stuck twice the last few days so it looks like will have the meadow effect for a little bit longer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Pretty hat, M. Pink pussy hats were all the rage (and I do mean RAGE) in 2016. I still wear mine sometimes. I made it from a sweater I got at GW and ripped up.
    yes I remember ..they still pop up in the news. I have lots of mandala and caron cakes and since it is an easy pattern plan to make a bunch for stash for gifts. teens like the cat ears.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zucchini would do well here, except we have critters that eat the blossoms. I suspect squirrels. It has to be replanted every year in this climate.

I realized the hose for the indoor shower is the same as I will need for the fresh water transfer system. Since the shower I built in the Mustang was much further from the sink faucet than in the Aliner, where the showers get their water, the hose I'm reusing from the Mustang will need to be shortened a lot. I'm hoping not to have to buy any hose for the transfer pump, but that might be optimistic. I should at least get enough for the inflow side of the pump though. However, that means I finally have to finish the shower so I know how much hose I have for the transfer pump. Shouldn't take long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    M - I have a little pale yellow I considered using, but decided against it, since this is a gift and I would always know it wasn’t right. I would do that for sure on other things, but not these. Anyway it’s a nice yellow, sunny without being fluorescent. I won’t mind having a skein if it to use for scarves for the kids. I’m becoming fonder of yellow and I have almost none left. Remnants of the pale yellow and bright yellow which is ... bright. Very bright.

I almost have groceries put away and I have to straighten/clean a little. I don’t even want the a/c guy, a stranger I will probably never see again to see the kitchen and utility room that are on the way to the attic. I would be judged - lol. The living room is piled high with yarn, but I don’t think hobbies count against you on housekeeping scores. At least it implies you are busy.
    I like yellow too sunny yellows not the neon ones. I think piles of craft stuff means you have interests! my story for all the craft stuff lol