2019 Stash Management - Page 69
Page 69 of 194 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the envelopes, CH. I wouldn't be offended to recieve one even if it's miscut.

I got a couple pieces of fabric at the thrift store today.
    2019 Stash Management-20190605_140326_1559762098762.jpg
    The top one was $3 for 3.5 yds and 54" wide. It's for DfG stuff. It's not real pretty but it will hide stains well. It's a good quilt quality cotton, too. The bottom one is a remnant 15" wide by about 2.75 yds, I think. It was $2. It's a lightweight upholstery fabric I plan to use to cover the pantry baskets in the camper, which I'm making the Aliner quilt blocks for. The bg on the fabric is a close match to the camper walls, and I like the leaves for the nature aspect of camping and the fact the colors are subtle. It should work out nicely. I've been wondering what to use.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice fabric finds! That brown one will go well with yellow and purple, and you're right about the stains.

One more thing I didn't notice about the envelopes... the flaps aren't long enough to close and seal. OMG, I could slap myself for not measuring that. My solution to both problems was to cut a strip of a different colored paper and glue it on as an extension. It's not a mistake, it's a design element.

Finished the 2nd child size quilt. Much the same as the first.

Name:  IMG_20190605_133541820.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  12.0 KB

I'm setting that aside for a few days to work on the brown quilt. I still have about a dozen blocks to sew, but I have started assembling already sewn blocks into sections to make final assembly easier. I'm going with this layout:

2019 Stash Management-eead79d5eb38d57978b365849faf5ac4.jpg

Hope everyone is having a productive day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All I got done today were errands AKA spending money, and I made a new recipe for onion patties, which has some potential. Husby is always wanting to buy frozen onion rings which are bad for us, so a healthier HM alternative would be nice.

Do you know if that hummus recipe you gave me can be frozen? I'd like to freeze it in ice cube trays so we can get out just a little at once.

Your quilts are always so beautifully stitched. Those soft colors are perfect for a child.

I should work on the Aliner blocks but can't seem to get started. Maybe finding the background fabric will inspire me tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the fabrics and quilt top. Cutting some fabric scraps into 4.5" blocks. I watched some videos on making a small "wristlet" zippered coin purse. Good for dog bags & key.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Do you know if that hummus recipe you gave me can be frozen? I'd like to freeze it in ice cube trays so we can get out just a little at once.
    I have no idea. I keep the ingredients in the pantry and can whip up a batch any time. It keeps for several days in the fridge, but it usually gets eaten first. I can't think of anything that would be affected by freezing. It might need to be stirred well once thawed.

I don't know where the day went, but it sure feels like they are getting shorter, not longer.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn’t have s very productive craft day yesterday. I could have, but just didn’t. I got one of the sea grass scarves finished. I actually got it all from the smaller cake, with about 10” left over. I started the second but without enough enthusiasm to sustain the effort.

I spent a good bit of time putting together a grocery order. I have to go to town to pick that up and I’ll get a haircut. Finally.

The yarn is coming today. Yesterday it arrived in Bosdier City, they ferried it across the river to Shreveport, then booted it south towards me in the afternoon. It’s out for delivery at last. It will just go a shelf for now, but it’s one thing I don’t have to remember to watch for.

I have a book order on the way from LSU ag center. There are a few pamphlets I was interested in, and I added books on fruit and nut trees, vegetable gardening, and honey plants. Sharon would like to start bees and has been offered a hive, but doesn’t think there is enough appropriate planting in the suggested 2 mile radius to support a colony. I thought the honey plants book might be helpful as bit by bit we continue to landscape. I’m quite willing to plant whatever flowers or shrubs bees find tastiest. The books were definitely more expensive than I liked, but I contribute very little to the community and think they will be useful. I’m a true believer in getting info rather than playing it by ear, and advice from the ag center is always good. I would have liked to see them first but decided it was worth taking a chance. I hope there are specific recommendations for our region, especially for vegetable varieties. There is a big difference between north and south in the state. I should also see what the Texas ag center has since our growing conditions are basically the same as northeast Texas. However I have spent plenty on this for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will try freezing a little hummus, CH. I agree it seems like it might freeze okay. I found an easy recipe for tahini in my Mediterranean cookbook, so that might be less of a hassle each time. My problem is I prefer to eat it with chips insteadxof veggies, something I need to work on.

D, I hope you can create a happy home for bees. They need all the help they can get! If you ag dept isn't the same as your state extension service, you might want to check them out online. All states have an extension service with good info about all sorts of things.

This is the new clothesline all framed up. Still has to be glued, have guy lines installed for more support, and have its bag made longer. None of that should take long. The clothesline sets up fast, so that's an incentive to use it. It will be nice on long trips when we use a laundromat. I hate how their dryers shrink the towels.
    2019 Stash Management-20190606_114422_1559846277193.jpg
    This has been a fun project so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea! Made myself go out and glue the clothesline. Anything remotely difficult is done now.

We tried again to figure out where we could add the 6" storage tube for the camper. There is just nowhere. But the 4" tube would fit on the A frame of the hitch behind the gas tanks, and would probably hold the awning and second awning I plan to make some year and a shade cloth to put over the fridge and AC on sunny sites. Doubt we will get to that tube anytime soon, but it would be nice.

Is it okay if I spend the entire summer working on the camper?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I needed to get out of the house and the voices were telling me to go to JA. They are having a big sale, but the store was strangely quiet. FQs were .75. Yes, I bought some. 3 bright lime green batiks, 2 cat prints, and 2 orange prints. Good yellow and orange prints are hard to find. They only ever seem to have ONE FQ whenever I find one I like. They had ONE brown woodland print I really wanted a bunch of. No beige/off whites at all, only bright whites. I didn't buy much. I picked up a dull green-brown and a solid dark brown in remnants.

Papers were 75% off, I bought a dozen or so, and a storage case (half price). I have to make a bunch of artsy postcards this weekend.

And I used my 50% coupon on a bag of beef jerky. I have that and an apple for my snack tomorrow at the clinic.

Still sewing brown blocks. Used up all my bobbins, so it's time to wind more.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is my latest embroidery. The sides will be filled with random stitches.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190606_160420231_1559851569641.jpg

I have an uncle that used to be a bee keeper. He would take the bees around to nearby farms to pollinate crops. He actually earned more from that than the sale of honey.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty Kathy.
    I took a beekeeping class long ago, it was fun. There were a lot of Boy Scouts in the class also. I don't suppose it's like that today. Locust trees are a huge bee food source around here. They seem to like holly when it is blooming also - have to be careful around the holly trees. At least the locust flowers are high up on the tree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really like that Kathy. It’s so bright and cheerful. Good job!

I’m home from town, with short hair and all the perishables in the house. I’ve been eating quite healthy so I indulged myself in some sandwich ham. I’m enjoying a ham, cheese, and tomato sandwich with chips, then I need to haul in the rest of the groceries and umm off duty.

I’m getting tired of working variegated yarn so I thing I will start some solid ones after all. Maybe alternate them. I have 24 done to give out this year.

SD - you and DH are retired so you can do whatever you please all summer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very nice Kathy!

SD that drying rack looks very handy. There's always something that needs dried when you're camping.

DC, glad you finally got your hair cut. Should feel great now the hot sticky weather is here. I had mine lopped off earlier this spring. There's just enough left to twist it up out of the way. A ham and tomato sandwich sounds really good. I will have to see if I can find any decently ripe tomatoes this weekend.

Big stack of brown blocks sewn into sets of 4. Making progress.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When we were working on the camper clothesline I noticed buzzing around my head but didn't pay much attention. It finally sunk in I was working under the ornamental apple tree which is in full bloom and the buzzing was a whole pile of bumblebees. I could have paid a price for my inattention, but luckily we didn't bother each other.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've wanted a place to dry things since we bought Ty. I still miss the canvas aprons our previous two campers had around the bunks, very handy to clip stuff to for drying. But those days are gone forever, so I've been trying to come up with something else. I did add an inside clothesline when we first got the trailer that attaches to the roof latches on either side and stores in an eyeglass case. That's good for an item or 2, but it's in the way. I'm sure we will still use it at times though because it's so darn handy.

I remembered I had some Cordura bags in the packcloth stash, but couldn't recall exactly what, so I took a look. I found two identical long, narrow bags that we used to put rolled up carpets in and strap to the back bumper on our previous 2 trailers. They made a nice floor in our AARs. The carpets are long gone, so I'm going to use one of the bags for the clothesline. The length is perfect. The width is kinda big but that's okay. All I had to do was rip off the straps that used to go around the bumper, and that only took a few minutes. As soon as it's washed, I can move in. Less work for me, and a good bag put back to work. Now all that's left is to make the 4 straps to provide support for the clothesline frame.