2019 Stash Management - Page 70
Page 70 of 194 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Recycled old hand towel and the one bandanna the Brownies did NOT want. Plaid strip across the bottom was from one of the shirts I shortened. I tie the bandanna ends around the refrigerator handle and that's the kitchen hand towel.
    I got 2 new rotary blades at JA and 6-pack of fish hook ear wires since I used the last ones a couple weeks ago.
    2019 Stash Management-img_0963.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the towel. Itís lucky for you the Brownies didnít want it.

I finished the second seagrass scarf and started working on the pretty emerald green yarn. A neighbor came over and brought in the rest of my groceries and trekked back into the attic and threw down the rest of the RH. There is a lot but less than I thought, a good thing. Iím actually making some visible progress toward getting the yarn stash more under control. What did surprise me a little is that every bit of it is blue and green with a little purple. I am going to get pretty tired of blue and green. I have quite a bit of pink in the cabinet with some red and orange, a lot of a coral type color. However I have about an equal amount of blue and green there too. Iím definitely planning on putting everything else on hold and keep crocheting as long as I can stand it.

I also have a lot of I Love This Yarn - all bought on close outs so a pretty weird color collection - and Pound of Love that I will use eventually for donations. Pretty much the rest is DK weight I got from the UK. Iím in no hurry to use that up. I would like to use it for afghans for me someday. Maybe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

love all the projects. found out I can make 2 cat ear hats out of one caron cake. made one small and one bigger ..think will give it to my co leader and daughter since she gave me a gift card thank you. put it on you get ears since a rectangle. 2019 Stash Management-blue1.jpg2019 Stash Management-bluehat.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I think I'm ready.

I've been terrified at the idea of replacing the camper AC. It's framed by metal around the opening and has about 57 pounds of caulk around the framing, which I thought had to be removed. It's all riveted in, too, and I hate drilling out rivets. It's so different from the typical roof AC most RVs use, I haven't even bothered to look for info online, figuring a search for it would only turn up the roof style. Ours goes through the wall. But I just searched Pinterest specifically for Aliner AC replacement and actually turned up a rather helpful YouTube that does not require removing the framing, rivets, or most of the caulk. I'm feeling a little more confident now. We really need AC if we want to travel this summer, so this needs to get done soon.

I also searched for wiring a 12v water pump, since I've been vexed by questions about grounding my water transfer system. I found a factory power cord setup for the exact same pump, and it does not have a ground at all. I think I can move forward on that project now, too. Husby is particularly interested in me getting this done, since he's the one who has to lift those heavy water jugs and pour them into the onboard tank. I want it done so it's off my mind and off my work table. If I can get the wiring figured out, that project won't take long to complete.

If I could get the AC and water transfer done, I would only have the broken outside shower to replace. All 3 are high priorities, and it would be so great to scratch them all off the list. A girl can dream...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got the emerald scarf about half done last night.

Today I woke a couple of hours early and went on and got up so there will probably be a nap this afternoon. Other than that the goals today are some cleaning and then to start sorting through the yarn to see how much of each color I actually have.

I have several rolls of small black plastic trash bags. I think I will put all the skeins in the cabinet and then match up the cakes and put them in the bags. Then I’ll just have a pile of grab bags. Maybe it will add a little element of interest to a project that is really pretty dull. Seeing the pile of bags shrinking will also be motivating. I hope. Tonight I will keep working through the emerald yarn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get any crocheting done last night. I went out to the evening writing group session since I've been wanting to get more work done on my stories. And it was too warm to actually get any crocheting done. But I'm getting motivated to try and get some stash cleared out eventually. It's just that the w-b afgan is taking a lot of work due to the fingering weight yarn. So I'm thinking of working on other WIP to feel like I'm accomplishing something. The w-b afgan can wait since it's just for me. It's also long enough to cover my legs so it'll be a better project for fall weather anyway.

I just realized that my Saturdays for the next several weeks are going to be busy. That's a good thing but it also means I won't have time to work on any crocheting projects. Or my garden for the matter. Then again, I'm usually in my garden on Sunday, anyway, I can go there during the week and still have time to work on my crochet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went out to start on the AC and couldn't find the putty knife I need. Husby has them squirreled away somewhere, and he's not home so I'll wait. I think they're in a toolbox somewhere. Also can't find the switch to install on the water pump cord, but that's on me. I'm not feeling too motivated to work on much anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found my switch and finished wiring the water pump. Still have to find a board to bolt the pump to. I'm sure there's a scrap in the garage somewhere. Then I will shape the board to fit tightly into the bottom of the pail the transfer system will live in and bolt the pump to the board so it doesn't vibrate all over when it runs. Hope that works. It doesn't look like the extra hose left over from the shower will fit on the water pump, so we will have to buy that and install it on the pump. Not much work left, assuming it all works. That will be a huge help for us not to have to lift the water jugs, so we want that done ASAP.

We dug out the new AC and got it unboxed. Shoulda done it last year when we bought it, but it seems to work just fine. Good thing, since the warranty is expired. We also took precise measurements of the old and new ACs and they're identical. *whew* We knew it would be close, but options were extremely limited. And I checked to see where the AC is plugged in, and it's very easy to get to. *more whew* The guy in the video had to remove 2 countertops and a microwave to change his. In our case we would have had to remove one 6 ft countertop, but also the stove, faucet, and sink. Way too much work. So it's a gigantic relief to see we can just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Easy! So far this project isn't looking too difficult, but we haven't really started yet.

Husby dug out a selection of 10 putty knives for my rivet-cutting enjoyment, so that's ready. The plan is to start working on it tomorrow morning before it gets hot. It's 86 here and the sun is on the AC side of the camper. No, thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The house cleaning is booted one day farther down, but I can’t pretend that’s an unusual scenario. I started with the yarn and that took until 3:00. Why does stuff always take longer than I expect? I had one bag left over, but I held out one color so it would have been exactly even. How unlikely is that? I closed them with loose knots so I can recover all of them. I stopped for a late lunch and now I need to dust mop the floor where they will live and then transfer the bags there. As I was bagging I just tossed them across the room in a heap. Colors that did not have enough for a scarf are in a cart. These are all home wound cakes so not very large for the most part. I’m going to gradually wind them into balls. I can judge better how much yarn there is in a ball than a cake - especially a partial cake. They will all go into the remnant baskets.

By the time I move all the bags, I will have done enough for the day. This was worth the time it took because for the first time in forever I will know exactly how much I have of each color. It will feel like living in a landfill, but that will be even more motivation to keep at it.

I found an unexpected cake of artist print that I thought I was finished with. I have enough in the remnants to get one more scarf out of it, so that will be up next after the emerald. I doubt I will be able to get a second scarf from that but will have a good size remnant.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Stopped at Hobby Lobby after the clinic. Bought some things for DH, and they had car air fresheners on clearance so I got a few. Christmas stuff is out already. And the stinky fall/thanksgiving spice stuff.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190607_131808083.jpg

Dollhouse show tomorrow. It started today, but is on the opposite side of town from where I was this morning. Need to think about what unfinished projects I have and what I might need.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I remember one year I decided to start on a big Christmas craft project on December 23 or 24. I finished it sometime in June. So if I started a big Christmas project now I would probably finish by Christmas. But I would not be too motivated to start one now.

This is why I tend to do small projects. Especially for seasonal holiday themes. I may take on longer projects when I retire and have more time to craft.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree that I would not be very inspired to start Christmas projects now. Well, I made the baskets but didn’t have to think about Christmas trees and snowmen while I was making them.

I did get a second scarf from the emerald. I ran a shell up the middle of it but didn’t account for how that draws it in a little bit so it came out a Little narrower. It’s ok though. I got a good start on the artist print. Next up is the color I kept out. It’s about a skein and a half of the RH Classic blue jewel that I’ve had forever. It’s a really pretty light blue, a richer color than the super saver light blue.

The plan today is to get some breakfast and then start on the floors. No excuses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea! The camper AC is done! I can't believe it. It was actually a pretty easy replacement till I got to the caulking. I'm horrible at that. So happy this is done. I may try to find some caulking tape for the inside. I don't dare try it with a gun or it would just be a sloppy mess all over. The inside doesn't really need to be caulked but would look better. There's no way to do it like factory without ripping out the cabinet, because they clearly put in the AC before the cabinet.

I need to make a new AC travel cover because the new one needs to be a couple inches deeper, but the H x W is the same as the old one, so can be a pattern. That will make things easier and quicker.

We got the cucumber trellis installed in the front garden, so I planted the cucumbers. I put 2 summer squash plants out there too, but I expect someone will eat the blossoms. I don't have the cages for them built yet, so they will have to take their chances.

Have to summerize the camper water system and then finish the water transfer system. I think then we will have all the major stuff done. For now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

xmas stuff out already in hobby lobby! wow.

didn't do much today. kids are trying to share their cold with dh and me. almost finished another hat. most projects home or otherwise have stopped for a bit. poured rain here but we didn't think of the water on the tent trailer awning so have to see if the poles bent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, we always put one corner of our popup awning lower than the other so rain would drain off.

Our 5 gallon fresh water jug is marinating in bleach water, so when we get moving around here we can dump that in the camper tank and add some more and get everything sanitized after we flush out the antifreeze. It will be good to get our water system back. We really missed it on our last trip, when we used gallon jugs because we didn't have time to deal with the water system.

I want to get everything done today except hoses for the water transfer system. Putting the hoses on the pump won't take much. We don't have them and I don't think the leftover shower hose will fit, so I might wait to buy them and install on the next trip.

I was so happy with the Command strips I used to put up and then removed a shelf in the camper, I will be using those some more in there. It will solve a few problems.

Still need to put up the corner protectors on cabinets in the camper. Command should work nicely for that, too.

I can't believe how excited I am to be working on the camper and thinking about trips again. I think it's because the dogs are becoming better travelers and campers and it's starting to look like we might be able to go again and enjoy it.