2019 Stash Management - Page 74
Page 74 of 194 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, I'm doing ok, thanks. Still adjusting to the "new normal", but overall much better than a year ago, and certainly better than before surgery. I was looking at photos of myself at our dance picnic 1 year ago. I was so tired and worn out and it shows. I remember having trouble walking on the grass because it was uneven. Not something a normal person would notice but I had to hold onto DH. The last trip to the big quilt show was so tiring. I remember being in a lot of pain and skipping the last few rows of quilts. This year, yes I was tired, but not completely wiped out and not in pain. I parked in nearly the same place (there is a secret parking lot for handicapped) and the walk across the hotel lobby and across the convention center wasn't at all tiring this year.

I still have some trouble going down stairs, part of that is because my toes don't bend (metal plate), but I'm not clutching the handrail for dear life any more. My left knee pops, but hasn't collapsed on me in months, even dancing on it.

I hesitate to say it, but I am liking the new medication. It really has the inflammation down. I can wear my wedding ring again. I'm hesitant because it has only been a few weeks and I don't know what the long term side effects might be. Some can be very bad.

I have counted and recounted the brown quilt blocks (I was off by 1), and cut the final pieces. I expect to finish the last 17 blocks and assemble this weekend. Or Monday at the quilt bee.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, you guys have had a busy week! The quilt show looks fabulous. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it this year, CH. I know it was a long road for you. I think attending an event like that would make anyone tired.

We're home again. Didn't do much but the bog walk. Our dogs need so much work to walk nicely, and it wasn't pleasant walking 2 miles with them.

I also hate the new 4" memory foam mattress. That was a waste of $100 we can't get back. I'm still waking up laying on the board on the bed platform, and in pain. I need some kind of spring to support the foam or something. I tested a mattress at Menards today I might buy. Something has to change.

Still can't get over how well the swivel setup worked with the dogs. We didn't have to detangle them the whole time we were gone.

Didn't buy much the whole trip, a few things at a garage sale. Nothing at GW, a free purse NWT at SA I plan use to hold clothespins in the camper. Also got 6 can cozies to put on glass jars in the camper. I wanted some FQs at JA. The ad said .75 each. I checked it 4 times. When I went to pay, they were $3. No. They were on a limited sale within a two week ad still in effect. I'm losing patience with JA. They're one of those businesses that seem to make their ads intentionally confusing. And I would love to hear the excuse for why there are no ads sent to the stores so customers can see them when there's a question, too, or just to look at while they're in the store. But HL was in the same mall, and I was able to find what I wanted, a starry print for the night sky of my Aliner blocks, and a grassy print for the grass.

We weren't in a shopping mood, which is good.

It's good to be home. All 4 of us are tired and the kitties are happy we're back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hear ya about Joann's. I got some of those .75 FQs earlier this week, just happened to be there that day. They have been doing this thing where they have 2-day sales throughout the week. Fri-Sun sale, Mon only sale, TH-Fri only sale, etc. Sorry, not making multiple trips to their store during the week. Not like I need more craft supplies anyway.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - glad you’re home. I hope you can find something that works for the bed. I’m sure the dogs will learn. Camping is still pretty new to them, isn’t it?

CH - thanks for the update.

I agree about JA. Their sales can be a pain now. I would prefer they skip the deeply discounted door busters and just offer some reasonable sale prices and sale periods. But then I don’t go much since shopping is such an ordeal and I’m sure they don’t care what I think. I don’t need anything either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't know our dogs' history regarding camping. It's unlikely Storm ever camped. I think his experience was living on a short chain or being in a shelter kennel till we got him. Shadow's history is a black box although we suspect she may not have ever lived in a house before. She didn't know things house dogs normally know. She didn't seem to understand riding in cars either, so probably didn't travel. She is still afraid to get in the van or truck if they're in the garage and she has to walk between them, but I'm not sure if that has to do with the cars or just the enclosed, narrow space. But no, we don't think they had prior camping experience. They're improving rapidly though. They didn't seem to understand being tied up the first couple trips, so would charge at animals and then get a good jolt when they hit the end of the cable. Doubt that's pleasant, so it's self-teaching and effective. Now they're more aware of the 15' limit. Yesterday, some people walked by with 4 dachshunds. I told Shadow 'no kitty!' so she just sat there watching them. Storm whined and paced but that's a huge improvement over the freakouts he's had on previous trips. They're getting there. They're much more mellow about wildlife, too. We let them out on our front deck when squirrels are there 'no kitty!' and I think that helps a lot. They're used to not being able to chase critters at home already. They're not very noisy at campgrounds either, surprisingly. Husby did get quite a lecture when he got back from driving the gray water tank to the dump station, though. HOW DARE HE LEAVE US? It was hilarious. Storm really does think he's the center of the universe, and Husby is definitely his person.

We've never had dogs that pick up on cues as fast as these 2 do. They don't miss anything, and they already know the signs we're going camping. They get so excited.

At any rate, we're much more hopeful about our camping future with them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - It sounds like camping with them is still a bit of an adventure. Storm is a hoot. I like hearing about them.

Just more of the same today. I finished the scarf of the day yesterday. I should be able to finish the sheep today if I don’t fritter the time away. I’m thinking that after today I might take about a week’s vacation from the scarves and just cross stitch. That will let me get back into the two big WIPs I’ve picked up and get a start on the new one. Right now after months away from cross stitch it’s all I want to do, so I might as well get that initial gung-ho enthusiasm out of my system. Or I may just skip today’s scarf. Reminder to self: crocheting scarves is not a job.

Little girl’s last day of bird camp was yesterday. They banded birds. That’s about as hands on as you can get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Storm is a hoot IRL, too. He talks constantly. He leaves no thought unexpressed. It's probably a good thing he doesn't speak English.

After my post, I thought about what a huge life change it must have been for Storm when he came here. He never had any freedom, but as soon as he learned how to operate the doggy door here, he could go in and out as he pleased, run in his big yard whenever he wanted, lay on the furniture, and generally have the opportunity to make his own decisions about where he spends his time. They're fenced of course, but the yard is big so they can run and dig and play, and we built a bench for them to play on or just lay in the sun. Storm loves to run flat out, around the fence, around the bench where Shadow stands and laughs at him, down the hill to the house, up the steps, down the ramp, back up the hill, over and over. He lives that. It had to be a whole different view on life for a boy who spent his first year and a half of life so confined with no opportunities to make his own choices or to run like that. It's fun to watch him because he's very athletic.

These 2 were lined up for a perfectly pic the other day, but of course they couldn't stand still 2 seconds.
    2019 Stash Management-20190613_164328_1560615537566.jpg

I should be doing something useful but I'm too tired and sore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - there’s nothing wrong with an occasional day off.

Happy dance! I just got an email that by order has shipped! It should be here by mid-week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love your little camper, SD. What a lovely place to camp. I'm sure the dogs loved the new experiences.

DC, hope your day goes well, whatever you decide to do.

I am spending the weekend at home doing crafts and sewing. Had enough driving around this week. I just want to sit for a while.

We are getting new dance dresses for the August show. They are the ugliest things I have ever seen. I was given the choice between orange or neon green. I chose the green. The closest picture I can find is this, except the background is silver not black.

https://www.joann.com/on/demandware....029879ALT1.jpg

Neither the color nor the design is flattering to anyone, and it's spandex or lycra or something that will be horrid on a 90* day dancing in the late afternoon sun. Anyway, I was told this week that I need to find my own trim for it, and I have the perfect thing in my stash. It's like this, but fuchsia, https://www.johnbead.com/johnbead/me...3001081-06.jpg Four yards ought to be enough.

I've got some 4 patches to sew, and then I can assemble this quilt.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good grief! They expect you to appear in public with that? I agree you all die horrible deaths wearing it in the summer sun.

I looked back at the 123 Stitch order and suddenly realized I had left off three of the four Threadworx colors. Where was my head? I can’t believe I actually did that. Now I have another shipping charge in my future. It won’t be much for that, but still that is definitely a stupid tax. Of course it had to be the thread I can’t get locally.

Anyway I was thinking of trying a new Aida. Weichelt or Zweigart, I don’t remember which, has started producing a 20 count. That’s new, or new to me, since I was last cross stitching. I didn’t get any, but since I have to order the thread I’ll get the smallest cut to sample. I want to see if I can use two strands on it like on 18, or if I can only use one, which probably wouldn’t cover well enough. My guess is two strands will be too much. Or maybe a size 12 perle?

Color me aggravated for being so careless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I kinda like that print, CH. In another life I wore a lot of wild colors and prints. I can see where it would be hot though.

A-frame campers are not for everyone because of their limitations, but it works for us overall. No rig is perfect.

I used the 2 straps I ripped off the bag I put the new clothesline in and made a strap to fasten the water tote to its cart, so that part of the water transfer system is done. I couldn't get the fittings I needed for the pump at Menards, so will have to check Ace. When I noticed SHURFLO embossed on the fitting that came with the pump, I figured I might have a problem. But I think I have a workaround. The original fittings are straight and I need 90s. I really want that done.

Trying to get up enough energy to iron the Wonder Under to the fabric for the Aliner blocks. Not working.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, I think the print would work better in small doses. It would be great for a leotard or a pair of leggings. You could still see the shape of the human body during the athletic performance.

I was wondering what to do for the hip scarf. I looked on etsy and ebay for something in shocking neon green but did not find anything I'm happy with. I just remembered that I have some pink and silver lame', there might be enough left to make a scarf. I'll have to check and see if I have light green sequins. I seem to remember buying an entire roll once.

Photo time:

Last of the brown blocks pinned together.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190615_143241678.jpg

Scrounged up enough purple fabric within arm's reach of my sewing chair that I did not have to open any storage boxes. Will be cutting these for a charm square swap later this month.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190615_143207624.jpg

Chose these fabrics for the Cross in Star block swap. One FQ of each fabric makes 2 blocks, one to keep and one to trade. I will punch the pieces out tonight or tomorrow so I can sew them Monday at the quilt bee.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190615_143122588.jpg

And this is the reason I never use my serger. Looks like an episode of Hoarders. Really need to sort some of this crap.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190615_143303432.jpg

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like that stack of purples. That will make up beautifully.

My industrial serger feels your serger's pain. (It's under there somewhere. )
    2019 Stash Management-20190615_182149_1560641177780.jpg

Here's the starry fabric and grassy fabric I got for the Aliner blocks. I picked up this sewing machine accessory bag at SA for $2 on our way through GR. I just couldn't resist, or believe it was there. It's exactly like the one I got with my last Viking. Mine was included with my machine, but the dealer sells the bags for around $50. Staff at SA couldn't figure out what the bag was for. It was a fun little surprise for me.
    2019 Stash Management-20190615_182425_1560641789129.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow flashback to the 90s w that fabric!! have seen some neon fabric in fabricland. my serger is at a friends..never really used it or get the hang of it. I like your camper almost got a vintage A line but it was gone.

made dh clean out the garage because you can't get in it and it needs to be done for years. he is his moms son. he keeps trying to say it is me and all my stuff but yep no. he is the just throw it in and worry about it later. got part of the section that was suppose be for the house since there is no real storage in here. lets say if it goes into the garage I don't see it again and forget about it. he gets mad but you know how well that works. because it is my fault but yet facts are facts. he had a bigger place before we married and it was full. he tried giving stuff that is new in the box like tiles so all good to restore but you can't after 4pm and not tomorrow so it is going to value village. trailer being filled for the dump. put the 2 air conditioners on fb to see if friends want it. friend gave it to us years ago ..got buried. screen door too big so need to go, damaged coffee table that I was told was gone but surprise! vintage but water damaged. I am not fond of JA can't print coupons and store internet doesn't work.

two gift bags full of stuff from his moms.. a mess of things..taper candles, photos, wrapping paper, money, craft stuff, old fridge magnets, empty photo albums kept about 10% of it. rest donation or garbage. her whole place was like that. one thing in there was a brand new looking singer buttonholer kit..the green box in the corner of the pic. manual said 1948 but the bill to her in 1960 said $12 ..lots of money back then. don't know if she used it. have old singers so keeping it. spent a few hours on our old vintage basic tent trailer..sewing up the holes..all need to be patched and waterproofed still. cats going though the holes or grabbing my fingers thinking I was playing. some small areas are really bad so need more material inside and outside. have to remove a few plastic patches too.

2019 Stash Management-bag.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That sewing bag would be perfect for traveling with, what a great find. The A-liner pattern is cute too. Would make a good pot holder or table mat for the camper.

I'm getting nothing done this evening. Nothing as in cleaning the kitchen, feeding cats, building a fire, cooking dinner, etc. I did some cleaning up in the basement, told DH I was starting a bag for styrofoam. They don't recycle it here so it has to go in a trash bag. No, he says he wants to keep it and put it in his office window to block the light and heat. I told him we don't live in a trailer park, I'll get a thermal shade for his window. It's the same problem as the rest of the house, no air circulation. We have the fans on at each end of the house now.

Martha, my DH is like that, too. Throw it in a pile and ignore it for years. The garage and basement have been an issue since we got married 20 years ago.

Maybe later I'll tackle that mess in the sewing room. I'm sure half of it can be sorted into the trash.

Use it up, Wear it out,