2019 Stash Management - Page 76
Page 76 of 118 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1761
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - that’s a clever adaptation. Congrats! I was so befuddled by the whole cross cross stitch thing, I forgot to mention the camper block. I like it too.

M- sounds like you’re really busy. I hope the clean up goes well. They are a lot of work but really worth it.

Today is definitely going better. It’s a slow pattern because there is so much thread changing, but it’s satisfying to get the little bits done, one by one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, D. The idea is another one stolen from Pinterest. A lot of A frame camper owners heavily mod their campers due to the limited space, and luckily they like to share what they've done. I'm kind of surprised I didn't think of this myself, considering the first thing I did when we got the camper was rip out the space waster panels at the bottom of the 2 cabinets. Oh, well, I'm grateful for the unknown person who posted their mod onlinecfor me to steal.

I can never remember stuff I want to comment on. It's hard not being able to scroll back up to remind myself what I wanted to say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I like the steampunk cons better because they seem to have a more laid back atmosphere. I really felt sorry for the actors who came to give autographs and photo-ops because the pace of their schedules just seemed brutal. It was one thing after another with barely enough time to catch their breath or get their bearings. I may or may not go again next year if they have it again in the same place. I know better so I'll be better prepared.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy, I used to live and work in the Austin area. In the 90's it got voted as the best place in America to live. So a million people moved there. Traffic really is horrible. If you think DC is bad, you won't like Austin at all. There are much nicer places in Texas you can live and enjoy activities.

DC, you've discovered the reason I don't work during the evenings any more. I get tired and make mistakes too easily.

SD, that's a great use of "wasted" space.

I finished the quilt. It took 4 hours to complete the top today. That was mostly sewing with a short break to get lunch, and a little chatting. I'm glad it is done. I can see things I should have done differently, but I received many compliments on it.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190617_135701748.jpg

Not doing anything the rest of today. Might think about new projects tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Thanks, D. The idea is another one stolen from Pinterest. A lot of A frame camper owners heavily mod their campers due to the limited space, and luckily they like to share what they've done. I'm kind of surprised I didn't think of this myself, considering the first thing I did when we got the camper was rip out the space waster panels at the bottom of the 2 cabinets. Oh, well, I'm grateful for the unknown person who posted their mod onlinecfor me to steal.

I can never remember stuff I want to comment on. It's hard not being able to scroll back up to remind myself what I wanted to say.
    I have to scroll all the time to remember! that is a clever mod! you always get so much done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a lovely quilt! the cross stitch is lovely! never did much of that..only a couple of little kits. still have a bunch of clothespeg crossstitch angel kits I kept to do from decades ago. little ones one day!

thanks dc...really we just go whole hog a few times a year. that garage hasn't been touched for years. imagine if we actually did it all the time lol since I now not working weekends that has helped too. and the stress of dealing with mil situation and sil is melting away for dh and I so we can focus on us and our house. and since she has a senior remote too the fix my tv calls have gone away to 1 in a month instead of 3x a week. she has been extra tired too so not wanting to go out. even having her over last night was a bit much for her. but scheduled a movie next week too. toy story 4 or secret life of pets 2 we will see both.

still want a total week off lol maybe next week because kids are out of school this friday. then they can make dinner lol did measure dd for the skirt and dress of the predone elastic material I bought in the states. just a hem and side seam. have the urge to make barbie clothes for some reason. a pic of more kitty kat hats. though the one I did with the homespun is really big lol same amount of rows but just cus of yarn I guess big. 2019 Stash Management-kathat.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, everyone. I was saying to Husby I hope we never decide to get a different camper, because I don't want to have to start from scratch modding everything. We bought this one new, so nothing had been done to it by anyone, and I've spent innumerable hours on many, many projects over the past 7 yrs.

CH, the quilt is beautiful! Wasn't too sure about all the brown, but it turned out gorgeous as always. It looks complicated.

Still can't believe the new storage space is essentially done. I had to go out and look at it again to make sure I didn't imagine it. Now if I can just get the parts for the water transfer system, finish that, and it all works. And get the AAR done. I don't think there's any end to mods, but it would be nice to get all the big ones done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the colors on your hats , Martha. Very pretty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby wants to go mattress shopping today, so I'm not sure what's on the agenda. I would rather wait, but then again I'd like to get the hardware for the new storage. I'm not sure what to call that space. Cubby? Shelf? Cupboard? Box? My favorite thing to call it for now is DONE!

If we don't go, I hope I can get someone to weed whack the old RV parking pad, which is the only level open space we own. Then we can move the trailer down there and I can figure out the AAR, I hope. Or put the dock in. Or work on the gh. Possibilities are endless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like steampunk too. Just not on me. I can't stand to wear anything tight around my waste. I usually go for loose fitting clothes or something with a light stretch.

SD, I am in awe of your DIY skills. I do a lot crafty things, but modifying homes and furniture is pretty intimidating to me.

There is a problem I think of as "the best place to live/best place to retire" problem. As soon as a place gets on one of the "best" lists lots of people move there. That drives up the prices of homes. It creates more crowds and traffic. And there is often an infrastructure overload.

People like me are actually a big part of the problem, especially for the housing cost inflation. Houses and condos are offered at prices that the locals think are overpriced. Without outside influence they would have to bring the prices down. Then people who are retiring from an area with really high housing costs come in. (Also some people with work anywhere type of jobs.) They do not think it is overpriced. They think "wow, I never thought I could find something so nice for such a low price." Then the property owners start to think they could raise the prices and people would still buy it. They are usually right.

So far it looks like only one of the cities I am considering - Grand Rapids, Michigan - is on the tops ten retirement cities for several lists I checked. So still lots of other options.

On a completely different topic.

We had red lentil pasta, Barilla brand. It was pretty good. I think it could pass for regular pasta in taste. The uncooked noodles are a dark red, but cooked noodles only have a light touch of pink. If you did them with a tomato based pasta sauce, you would not notice the difference. The ingredients list is just one item: red lentil flour. So they count as bean/protein not as a carb. That is pretty exciting to me.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy, you wouldn't have recognized me the day I cut a 10' section of countertop for our kitchen remodel. I was doing the sink cutout, had never cut countertop before, and couldn't find any good info online about how. Intimidating? Oh, yeah! I did the 4 plunge cuts on the 4 sides, and then started shaking. But eventually the radii on the corners got done, and it was right. I still hate cutting counters, especially days like yesterday when there's no room for error, but experience makes it easier now. Nobody is born knowing this stuff. Thank you for the compliment.

I guess we're heading out. I think. Maybe. But it's never a sure thing till we're actually gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree - nice quilt!

The cross stitching went much more smoothly yesterday. I need to change the large center on a blue flower. The color I used just fades into it and makes it just look like a blob. It seemed ok while I was stitching it, but not when finished. I’ll keep working on that today.

Yesterday I also worked a bit more on the threads. I got the Threadworx and about half of the DMC done. I will finish the DMC today and may or may not get to the Anchor.

The big news here is that little girl’s father has finally been cleared to come. Abruptly. That triggers another way they make it difficult. You had best be ready to pick up and go because you are only given a very short window of time to come. He has use the visa by the 27th. They scrambled and got him a flight and he will be here Friday. I’m really happy for LG and her mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - that poor family. The visa process is rough.

Didn't get much done on the afgans last night. I've been a bit restless in the evenings recently. Being sore from all the activity over the weekend didn't help either. It's a bit frustrating from a crocheting WIP point of view but I'm also glad that I seem to be getting more energy. I just need to put that energy towards purging stuff from my apartment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I like the colors on your hats , Martha. Very pretty.
    thanks! easy to do so making stuff for stash

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, I am happy for LG and her family. I hope they will do well.

After much driving around I finally found an extra sheet of scrapbook paper I needed for a project. I could not remember where I bought it the first time so I had to go to all the stores, and of course it was at JA, the last place on my rounds. I bought 4 fabric remnants, 3 boring beige and 1 cute kid's print and all were on sale + 50% off. I also scored another pretty floral photo storage box on clearance. Now to decide what will get stored in it.

JA has last year's leftover christmas stuff out. The invasion has begun.

Yesterday I picked up more star kits from the guild, also a baby quilt kit to put together. It has blocks already made, sashing and border need to be sewn on. I'll also do another of my pastel kids quilts during the next few weeks. Maybe. We have company coming over July 4th weekend and the house needs deep cleaning. Then BIL+ family show up later in July. I am hoping his girls like to craft.

I want to get started on a casserole carrier. I bought the pattern months ago but need to modify it to fit my 9x9 square dish. Or a round dish. Some afternoon when I have all day to focus on that...

Love seeing the pictures from everyone's projects.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown