2019 Stash Management - Page 77
Page 77 of 144 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2151
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Such great news about LG's dad!

We're back, obvs. We ended up buying a mattress at Unclaimed Freight, on sale for $99. It seems fairly comfy but of course who knows till I sleep on it. It's about 6" too narrow and 8" too short for the bed platform, so I will need to make some foam pads to fill in. The dogs will sleep on those sections. I have a chunk of egg crate foam that is a good fit for the center section of the mattress so will use that, too. It should all result in a very comfortable bed, I hope.

We got a different clerk from the first 2 times I tried to get parts for the water pump, and he helped me find the parts I wanted in the first place, and he showed us how we might be able to use the leftover shower hose, too. I hope so. That saves $10 if so.

Got the parts to finish the new under counter storage, too. Lots to keep me busy this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent some time figuring out ideas for scraps and miscellaneous items. Dresser scarf will be cut in half making 2 dish towels, found bias tape to finish the raw edges. Purple mesh-type fabric, print fabric and a purple zipper will become a storage-bag for future projects. I found the bandannas I was looking for a month ago. I will cut those diagonally and hem for more dog bandannas. I think we can give those away at another dog club event in November. I may add eyelet (stash) to the bottom of the top I made too short. I cut apart a knit/fleece cardigan of mom's that was too pilled to donate, also saved the ribbing. Maybe slippers from that? I could experiment without guilt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Checked the water transfer hose and have enough, so that's a double win, not having to buy more hose, and not having the old hose become useless clutter.

Can't wait to clear up the 4 projects we bought stuff for today. That will get a bunch of foam off my work table, along with the pail for the water transfer system and all the stuff that was in the pail. It'll be nice to get some of that clutter dealt with. I need to clear my table so I can use it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I spent the afternoon cleaning in the sewing room. Started going through that pile. One of those brown paper boxes was meant to be a room box for a small doll, that got derailed. Lots of stuff got put in the box that did not belong. Lots off miscellaneous bits I don't want to toss but have no home for. I will continue that tomorrow, there's no room to sew until it get it sorted.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate the uncategorized stuff. Can't throw it out, but it's pointless to keep because when you need it, you can't find it because it's not organized.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is my finished bird.
    The bird's eye is a little hard to see because it is black on dark brown. This is why I am not using this as color for dolls even though it is a fairly realistic skin tone. The bird has dark red felt for the inner wings and the bottom. You can just barely see the inside of one of the wings if you look close. The thread is a darker red to match the dark red felt.
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190619_044708879_1560942323622.jpg
    I also have a picture of my work in progress embroidery. The other two buttons will be flowers as well. I have lots and lots of buttons. I am going to try using some of them in my embroidery.
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190619_070237632_1560942372995.jpg
    Last edited by KathyB; 06-19-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nicely done, Kathy.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sweet little bird, Kathy. I have saved a bunch of online instructions, and wool felt for similar patterns. Some day. When I run out of quilt fabric. HA HA HA HA.

It's cloudy and cool but not raining today so maybe I will get some garden time in after yoga. I did a little yesterday, but even thought it was cooler it's so humid you feel like you're wrapped in a wet towel. I could swear I got all the grapevine off the lilacs, but no...
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

K - I like the bird. I would like to make some birds someday but that’s not even on the horizon at this point. Maybe when I run out of cross stitch fabric - HA HA HA HA

CH - Louisiana understands and sympathizes with your humidity. Ugh.

I almost finished with the floss last night, but needed to go get another couple of boxes, it was after midnight, and I decided I was done. It won’t take long to finish it today. I also crammed all the embellishment stuff in one cabinet so now I have a place to put it. It won’t take long to finish up.

we had a thunderstorm early this morning that must have been a corker. It took out one of my river birches. When neighbor was here collecting that I asked him to also chop off the dead stick of a crabapple while he had the pruning shears out. I am so glad that’s gone. It was right in my face when I sat on the porch and starting every day with a cup of tea while staring at a dead tree isn’t the most cheerful of beginnings. I’m thinking of putting some Russian sage in the bed that needs to be redone. Have any of you ever grown it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

love that little bird! that is the type of decor I like. lol don't think any of us will run out of craft stuff! will be a quiet day of just running a few errands. allergies and kids activities. think barometer pressure causing headache..very windy. plus miss pissy pants refused to use one of the 3 litter boxes and picking on kitten because she peed on the backpack I got from the thrift store last night in front of us because it was too late to go out and then I woke up to the kids yelling at her peeing on my flipflops. she could have gone outside to pee. or she may have been out already. have my lionbrand yarn order to pick up saturday at the mailbox in states don't know where I will put it 27 skeins but..new colours and a sale!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - lucky you - going through new yarn is such fun! Not so lucky with the backpack and flip flops.

My next lot over neighbor rescued an older puppy on a roadside through the woods, starving. She took it to the vet who checked for heart worms- none- said it would not be a large dog and was probably every breed except maybe poodle - lol. Genuine American mutt. Also that he would have probably been dead in a couple more days. Neighbor said he was a sweetheart, following her around, no accidents in house, well behaved. It was a cute puppy on top of all the good qualities. It’s a lucky thing I don’t have a fenced yard or I would also have a puppy to go with it now. Happily after posting it on a local Facebook group, a family took him, nice couple with teen daughter. One puppy saved. That’s everyone’s feel good story for the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Scratched another important camping mod off the list. We finished the water transfer system, tested it, and it works! It's supposed to pump about 2.5 gallons per minute. If it does, that's faster then we can pour the water in ourselves. NO MORE LIFTING HEAVY WATER TOTES! Happy dance going on here. Another mod we've wanted for years. I never could figure out the right pump, and had completely forgotten about the one we bought years ago for our first popup. Glad to have that put to use after all these years. I think we paid $60 for it, money wasted till now. Beyond that cost, we spent about $20 recently for assorted wire, hardware, and fittings. A bargain at twice the price. We used a NWT cable bag we got free after rebate at Menards to store the stuff we had in the pail the pump is now in, a short hose, and a bunch of fittings in a mesh bag from stash.

I reworked the 3 cushions I made for the bed extension, the ones that supported our feet. They are now extending the length of the mattress, which is 8" too short. The cushions will be under the pillows and not noticable. Still have to make the pad to increase the width 6". That will be between the mattress and the rear wall, also not noticable. That one shouldn't take as long.

After that, it's just adding the hardware to the new cabinet storage and a different door knob on a cabinet door by the entry door. The dogs keep hooking the current knob with their cables, and it's a matter of time before they rip the door off if I don't change it.

All in all, another good day modding the camper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the second bed pad cut from the foam I have on hand. Just have to make the case for it now. Probably won't get to that till Friday. The cost for the 2 pads will be nothing, because I'm reusing stuff I had already used for at least one other project before this one. I will be so happy when this whole bed thing is over and I can forget about it. This is the third major makeover in the past year and I'm tired of dealing with it. But the 2 trips this year were so painful I had to do something or quit camping. This better work because there's nothing else I can do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC - puppy YAY
    Martha - 27 skeins of yarn? Really? (shaking head)
    Need to call my brother, he hurt his back lifting dad. Inevitable as we are in the 4th year of caring for an invalid. Will have to work out a plan. If I have to spend entire weekends at dad's house I will probably take the Singer 760 back down there to mess around with.
    This is the small fabric & mesh bag I made a 7-10 days ago. Going to make a much larger version w/ purples.
    2019 Stash Management-img_0964.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made myself finish the bed pad, and I'm glad I did because now I don't have to think about it anymore. Still have to do something about a mattress pad but I have a day to think about that. Here it is, with all the spaces filled in so doggies won't fall into a crevice.
    2019 Stash Management-20190619_180508_1560987075703.jpg