2019 Stash Management - Page 78
Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1436
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cut and hemmed 2 bandannas, now 4 triangles. Dresser scarf is now 2 dish towels. I started on the purple mesh & fabric bag. I actually found purple thread on hand.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent a couple hours in the sewing room today, sorting and arranging stuff. Over the weekend I reclaimed a "milk crate" style storage crate, a half sized one I had used for years to keep paint and stain in. DH rearranged stuff in the garage and emptied it, so it's mine again. Scrubbed it good and put it to use today. It now holds a stack of FQs and smaller cuts I use for swaps and donation quilts. Instead of piles its now neatly stored. Sorted batiks into a box. Today sorted my 30's prints into a box, after cutting some for a charm square swap. Some day I'll use those up for a donation quilt. Don't care for them myself, but other people like to trade them.

Went through all the trash and ads from the quilt show. Local designer and book author is having a sample sale at her home starting tomorrow, fabric, patterns, books, clothing samples, etc. Want to go early and see if there is anything good. Maybe not, but it is an excuse to go out.

Almost started cutting the Cross in Square blocks, but was physically exhausted after this morning, so I took a nap instead. Probably go to bed early, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    DC - puppy YAY
    Martha - 27 skeins of yarn? Really? (shaking head)
    Need to call my brother, he hurt his back lifting dad. Inevitable as we are in the 4th year of caring for an invalid. Will have to work out a plan. If I have to spend entire weekends at dad's house I will probably take the Singer 760 back down there to mess around with.
    This is the small fabric & mesh bag I made a 7-10 days ago. Going to make a much larger version w/ purples.
    Attachment 48997
    yes there was a 40% off coupon so got it from lion brand all the new different colour combos. saved me from running across the border looking for them. or paying a lot more. I like at least 2 or 3 of the same colour so I have enough to make a small blanket or sweater. I have a stash now lol...since caron cakes came out as a promo thing that caught on and everyone completed it. now if i only could crochet as fast as I shop lol my list of projects is long

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally finished with the floss so another job is done. I would like to spend more time actually cross stitching today. The flower pattern is nine pages, six full size and the three across the bottom about 40 stitches high. That’s the part I’m working on. It’s a pain because I’m taking them up across the page break. And the pages are printed two sided. So I’m spending too much time shuffling through pattern pages. I’ve finished the left page and I’m about half through the middle one. I would like to finish all three bottom pages before I switch over to a different project, but may not. I’m really getting ready for a break from stitching on the dark, almost black, gray. Light colors are definitely easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I have to use multiple pages, I usually copy them and tape them together into one page. Shuffling is a guarantee I will mess something up.

Got the dog food started, strawberries cleaned, shower done, made a strawberry yogurt parfait for Husby and some strawberry Jell-O, breakfast eaten, 10 cans of pineapple in the dehydrator, and lemon ice water in the Bubba. Wish the dog food was done. Hate that job.

I'm obsessed with installing the new hardware in the camper, especially the new cabinet door handle. And finishing the bed, of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are giving me lots of ideas for our tent trailer. though it is just a beds and table so can set it up the way I want. found the roll of fabric blue and beige striped..a tube ..got cheap from thrift store to cover the foam in our old rv. was talked into selling it..regret that. the neighbour was getting the old truck from the neighbours so gave him the 2 air conditioners to get rid of.. then later dh was I was going to keep one to cool off the garage. oh well so it can sit there until I nag again...he has a old box fan. he has hours of work cleaning up his workshop first anyways. the whole door frame is rotted too so needs replacing.

was going to wash the rug downstairs old living room one so bought it outside. the smell from cat peeing on it..forget it figured got my use out of it so into the trailer for the dump. basement smells better. the whole downstairs needs the floor washed.

but going out for breakfast w girlfriends and doing a bit of work so will see. not motivated

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand the lack of motivation. Boy, do I!

We had 2 canvas popups before we got the Aliner. I did all kinds of mods on those, too.

I decided to try the quilted bedspread I planned to make the mattress pad out of and see if it really needed pockets. Turns out it doesn't, so I got my bed made and it's completely done now. We can go somewhere again.

I found the pail we want to make a saucer out of to set under the crock we use in the camper for dog water. Shadow is a sloppy drinker and somehow the water ends up under the crock. I hope the pail will catch it instead. It has to be cut down. Always something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby used the Giant Shears (they're so big they demand capitalization) and cut down the pail for the dog bowl, so that's done. Dog food is done and all the big dishes washed, so that's done for another month. No wonder I'm tired.

Been looking at the trailer mod list and the only big project left for now is the cabana. The only semi-big project is the PVC tube for the back bumper, but between zdx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. Phone has a mind of its own.

Between the newly created space in the camper and the excess stuff we've been removing, we might not need a storage tube. Haven't decided yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It sounds like everyone is having a busy productive day. I skipped breakfast and went out to the fabric and sample sale at 10am. Glad I got there early, she had a lot of good quality, brand new fabrics. Lots of quilt fabric, but also fashion fabric, wool, and all kinds of sewing notions, gadgets and doo-dads. All her hand made sample garments were up for sale. Very nice stuff, but $$$.
    There was a Go Cutter (2 actually) and dies, but none I don't already own. I bought some patterns, and quite a bit of fabric. I was sorely tempted to buy yardage @ $6, but passed. Just no place for it. Most of the fabric was either "modern", and while it was lovely it's not my thing really. She also had a lot of batiks, which I feel I have enough of. I looked at the wool but didn't even ask how much it was.

This is a tease of what I got:

2019 Stash Management-img_20190620_151227035.jpg

It's 90 out. I need to cool off and relax and I'll take more photos.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should be able to finish the purple mesh bag tonight, I like how it's turning out and it uses up several random things (mesh, zipper, some fabric.) Going to convert some polyester shorts to a skirt but I'll need to buy thread. Yesterday I saw a woman wearing an interesting wide fabric headband. If I can find pictures/instructions somewhere I might try to duplicate it, good for using small fabric amounts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, Pinterest has lots of hair band ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I couldn't stand it, so we dug out the cabana and set it up. I was relieved to find the only thing I had done to it was add loop tape along the top so it sticks to the A wall. It attaches to the camper by pinching between the wall and the side of the roof, and without Velcro it would slide right off before the wall got lifted in place. I thought I might have made some changes I couldn't undo that would prevent the different changes I want now, but no. *whew* I decided I'm going to get the cabana so it's usable and after that, just fine tune it as needed. It will be simpler than trying to work on it up by the house where it's unlevel or down by the road on the parking pad. At any rate, I know how to get started now and it shouldn't be that difficult, relatively speaking. Here's the side view of the AAR. It looks more crooked than it should because the ground slopes down from the camper.
    2019 Stash Management-20190621_091511_1561131989673.jpg
    Inside up at the roof. It will be a nice place to sit on a sunny or rainy day. AARs increase living space by quite a bit.
    2019 Stash Management-20190621_091822_1561131460302.jpg
    Front view. There is a zip-out front wall which we didn't put in today. I couldn't get a good pic, but you get some idea.2019 Stash Management-20190621_091634_1561131666718.jpg

The room was much easier to set up than last time. I think last time we made the mistake of following the instructions.

I hope this goes well. This is the second to last big mod. I also have a screen room to build on an EZ Up frame. It would be easier to set up but a lot smaller. Each room has somewhat different uses, but for now I need to get the AAR done and worry about the other one later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What does AAR stand for? Attached...something.. room?

I envy your beautiful clear day. It is dark and raining here, though the worst is past and power is back on.

I am going to get the sewing room ready to sew, even though crap has not been fully sorted, it's been long enough.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also solved a big problem we had last time we set up the room. There is a bracket at the peak of the camper roof that the cabana ridge pole snaps into. The peak is 10' off the ground and we can't reach it with the little folding step stools we carry. The bracket just hangs down on a piece of tarp-like fabric, so it's not fixed in place and tilts when we try to shove the pole into it. It was a major dilemma and a roadblock to getting the AAR done, because what's the point if we can't set it up without a stepstool we only have at home? Last year we added one of those grabber things people use to get stuff off high shelves. I used it to assist in making our giant bed, still use it for making the current smaller bed, and also to close the roof vents which I can't reach. I happened to think of it as we struggled with the AAR bracket. It worked! I held it in place with the grabber, and Husby was able to snap the pole in place with very little trouble. That's a big relief, too. I had been thinking about taking it out of the camper but now it's a multiple use tool, so it can stay. It seems to come in handy for lots of things we had never thought about before.