2019 Stash Management - Page 79
Page 79 of 179 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2680
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AAR=Add-A-Room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is a beautiful day here, 80 and breezy. We could use some rain, but don't need storms. I hope you weather clears up soon.

I need to do some cleanup in my sewing room, too. (Always.) I have to clear off that pile of fabric I pictured a few days ago, and get tall Husby to help me put the foam I didn't need for the bed back on the shelf. Otherwise, I'll never get the AAR in there to do the sewing. It's a 15x7 AAR, which ends up being a big wad of fabric even made from nylon, and I don't have much room in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We’re under a heat advisory today - in the mid 90’s, 80% humidity. Not nice. I’m definitely staying indoors.

I almost finished the middle page across the bottom of the flower cross stitch. I’ll finish that and then get a start on the new pattern. I have to cut the fabric and gather up the thread. The order with the thread I left off the original order is due tomorrow. I have small skeins of those colors, some partial, but it won’t be enough. What is coming are large skeins.

I guess my stash organization was a fail. I can’t find my extra tapestry needles anywhere. They must be on the sewing machine cart that I can’t get to because of the huge pile of yarn grab bags in front of it. I’ll make do.

I am almost out of the frozen meals I made, so I need to start cooking next week. I’ll get back to the scarves then.

This will be a low key day, probably all weekend. I’m quite limp from congestion and feel like I’m functioning on half oxygen. With the rain and warmth we have mushrooms popping up and I’ve thought for a long time that it’s fungal spores more than pollen that does me in. It’s annoying, but a good excuse to just sit and stitch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    We’re under a heat advisory today - in the mid 90’s, 80% humidity. Not nice. I’m definitely staying indoors.

I almost finished the middle page across the bottom of the flower cross stitch. I’ll finish that and then get a start on the new pattern. I have to cut the fabric and gather up the thread. The order with the thread I left off the original order is due tomorrow. I have small skeins of those colors, some partial, but it won’t be enough. What is coming are large skeins.

I guess my stash organization was a fail. I can’t find my extra tapestry needles anywhere. They must be on the sewing machine cart that I can’t get to because of the huge pile of yarn grab bags in front of it. I’ll make do.

I am almost out of the frozen meals I made, so I need to start cooking next week. I’ll get back to the scarves then.

This will be a low key day, probably all weekend. I’m quite limp from congestion and feel like I’m functioning on half oxygen. With the rain and warmth we have mushrooms popping up and I’ve thought for a long time that it’s fungal spores more than pollen that does me in. It’s annoying, but a good excuse to just sit and stitch.
    yikes that is hot. it is probably effecting your lungs. I would limit what you do too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like the rain's done, although right now it's windy due to the weather system finally moving out. This weekend looks like it's going to be nice and sunny. Next week looks like we're going to get the hot and sticky weather that comes with summer. I think we got a couple inches of rain this week alone. Sigh. I noticed that we got a few mushrooms here and there in my complex.

Didn't get much done on the afgans yesterday although I did get some work done on my writing WIP. I ended up doing a bit of research on it because I realized I didn't do that before. (Thankfully, this is still just the first draft.) I think I'll appreciate the w-b afgan this evening while I'm working on it since it's long enough to cover my legs. The temps are supposed to drop to ~58-60* in the evening. Next week, I'll probably work on the acrylic lapgan since that's smaller and I can scrunch it up a bit while I work so my legs don't get too hot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could not live in the south and that hot muggy weather is one big reason why. I hope you feel better soon, D.

I started out with this knob in the camper. You can see why the dogs' cables got hooked on it.
    2019 Stash Management-20190621_123912_1561145597749.jpg
    I changed that out for this one. Now nothing should catch on it.
    2019 Stash Management-20190621_130219_1561145684639.jpg

Then I installed the 2 hinges on the modified counter along with a magnetic catch, which ended up being more complicated than expected, but it turned out fine. Once I unsnarled that mess, I added Velcro to the new power strip, so it's in its place now, too. The power strip sits flat. I don't know why this phone camera makes stuff look wonky sometimes.
    2019 Stash Management-20190621_141919_1561146047086.jpg

Still have to attach something to hold the counter up. I know what I want, just have to find a couple things to make it. Maybe 5 minutes of work, so I'm still counting this mod done.

I can't believe the stuff we've gotten done on the camper this year. It's always been a nice camper we love, but we've been knocking down the to-do's left and right. All these large and small changes just make it even better.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, with the humidity that high you are probably breathing more water than air. It is 82% here right now. Bleah.

The power went off a 3rd time and I said the heck with it and went out for lunch and batteries. Several of our emergency flashlights are dead. I have plenty of candles, but if we had to leave the house we could not use them. Power crews rolled in as I was leaving. Branches down across power lines across the street, it looked like. Was fixed when I got home.

Meanwhile, nothing much done here. Cleaned up by flashlight for a while. Was able to wash dishes.

SD, you're just knocking out those camper mods, WTG!

Hope you enjoy the cool weather knitting, Renmerc.

Here are the promised photos from yesterday:

Remnant pieces that were cheap. The egptian prints on the left were a gift from my dance teacher, to make small pouches.
    2019 Stash Management-dscn1036.jpg

10" pack and charm packs. A few pieces missing from each. The upper one is peach, teal, mustard yellow and orange. The one in the lower right is peach pinks, blues and white. The lower left one is blue and white christmas, but mostly textures and dots, just a couple pieces of the snowman print.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1037.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Part two.

These are greeting cards. Each one includes a pattern for the design on the front.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1039.jpg

These are the other patterns I got. Two small purses and a stuffed animal pattern. I've had fabric for a new purse for 2 years now, just waiting for the right pattern. I like these little bags for when I just need my ID, CC and phone. My current small bags won't hold my new phone. The tablet bag should work as a passport bag, too.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1040.jpg

The animal patterns might be a fun way to use up scraps from quilting.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

And the cherry on the cake:

31 FQs and 2 sample books for which I paid $40. The FQ bundle was originally 40pc and over $100 retail. That's 1.29 per FQ with samples tossed in for free.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1041.jpg

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a haul, CH! Ya done good! Love the bunch with the Egyptian prints, especially. And the card patterns. And the FQs.

I finished up the counter holder, so I crossed that mod off the list. Still can't believe that storage space got done. It was such a low priority but I'm happy I did it anyway. 2019 Stash Management-20190621_164051_1561154523826.jpg

So far we've completed 20 mods or repairs, many of them small, but some big ones, too, plus some small ones that never got on the list, just got done as I noticed they needed doing. Not bad, considering all the non-camper stuff we've gotten done too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It’s a happy day. I have an ok to share this photo:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-eb806bc2-ae22-488b-9e4d-ad01f6f9571f.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So much for cross stitching. I mostly dozed through the afternoon. I’m feeling better now. More alive. This isn’t unusual. After all it’s nealy July. It just feels shocking because we’ve had some unusually cool weather and haven’t edged up to it gradually. Blessings be upon whoever invented air conditioning and a society that no longer requires women to wear yards and yards of fabric from neck to toe.

I’ve decided I will just go on with the flowers and and finish the narrow strip all the way across the bottom. I may be able to get a good chunk of the third page done tonight.

CH - I like your entire haul from the sale. That’s an amazing deal on the quarters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying! Husby is crying, too. What a beautiful family and beautiful picture. Thanks so much for sharing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! I've been looking for a couple days for a placemat I wasn't sure I had anymore. I was afraid I had donated it. One little mod I've planned for a while is a 'chair' protector for the wall above Husby's camper bed. He sits there with his head against the wall, and we all know what happens to spots where heads rest on furniture. It ain't pretty after a while, and walls are no different. So I tried to think of something that could be hung on the wall but removed easily for laundering, and wasn't much work for me. I thought of the placemat after a couple weeks but then where was it? I finally found it in a storage container with other oddball stuff. Yea! It should be a quick and easy project.
    2019 Stash Management-20190621_182936_1561161007312.jpg

I'm starting to really like those Command hanging strips.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC big smile from me too, happy day.
    I finished the purple mesh bag and filled it with various "to do" fabric pieces that have been floating around the closet shelf. The bag is about the size of a standard pillowcase, 22" zipper across the top. Fabric at top, bottom, sides but the middle is the purple mesh so you can easily see what's in there. More for organization than protection.
    Removed hems and necessary seams from the shorts that will become a skirt. Need matching thread. I'll also crop a pair of mom's white cotton pants. They are too short for me to wear as pants and I think I'll get some wear that way.
    I'm taking my cross-stitch box to dad's and just leave it there. It's small and portable, I won't miss it when I'm home.