2019 Stash Management - Page 80
Page 80 of 145 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2166
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did find a picture of a similar headband to work from, thanks. One of the bandannas will probably become an experiment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to make one of those Rosie the Riveter 'do rags myself. If I ever find time to do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

awesome photo! ch.. you would like a blog I follow..just her life but nice. she sews neat bags/totes..toys/quilts for her grandbabies etc. and started a little facebook store appleby lane a couple of weeks ago.

That British Woman

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If I really work at it, I can probably finish the bottom section of the flowers cross stitch today. There was a point where I wasn’t sure I really liked it, but as I’m getting more done, I really do. As I’ve said often I’m a true color junkie, and this is just playing with color. Who knows? I may just decide to carry on with this for a while. Or I may get the Christmas carol pattern started. Kid in a candy store — too many choices.

I’m glad you like the photo. It was too good not to share. It will probably take quite a while to process his green card so he can work, so he will have a lot of time to spend with LG before school starts again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, enjoy your day and your stitching. I'm looking forward to seeing how beautiful all he flowers are. I'm happy for LG's family, they are fortunate to have such a welcoming community to start a new life in.

The chigger bites are driving me insane. I should have known better than to walk into a waist deep field to take pictures but the wildflowers were too beautiful. I've canceled my day with friends and am staying home in my PJs to sew. I can apply my various medical creams as needed.

Martha, thanks for the blog link. I love to sew little things like that, but have no one to give them to, so I don't do it often. Maybe I will make some felt cat toys.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - chiggers are awful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't have chiggers. Sounds miserable. I hope you get better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One or two aren't that bad, just remember not to scratch. I've got, at last count, 22 bites and one mosquito bite. Huge welts because my immune system is aggressive. It's the 2nd worst I've ever been bit, the first time I was visiting a civil war battlefield site. Had a nice long walk around in the grass, taking in the sights and reading the markers. Over 30 bites, OMG that was a miserable weekend in Atlanta. It was my first trip to "the south" and I thought it was revenge on us poor Yankees.

Anyway, the swelling is coming down now and the itch is subsiding. I took one of the steroid pills I had left over, that helped a lot.

Been a busy day ironing and cutting fabric. I put all the new stuff away after taking the tape off. Ironed some. Cut those purple charm squares. Cut the pieces for the Cross in Square. Got two postcard collages done.

DH says he is ok with bacon sandwiches for dinner, so BLTs it is. We're supposed to have storms tonight, so poor guy won't be able to do yardwork tomorrow. It rained last night and is too wet today, too. (He hates yard work, btw)
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're better, CH.

We picked up an entire stereo system at a yard sale today, amp, tuner, equalizer, CD player, and speakers, all for free. I've had trouble with my old receiver for years now and haven't been able to use my stereo, but don't know enough about new music systems to know what to do about it. The amp I got today works, but the slider to control volume is touchy. Don't know if I can fix it or not. We didn't check any of the other components yet, but everything else minus the speakers turns on, always a good sign. I hope the speakers work too. They're relatively small, and it would be nice to have music in my sewing room again.

I used some of the scrap foam to make a new set of acoustical plugs for my old speakers. The old foam was literally falling apart. The new plugs aren't pretty but they do the job.

I will probably set up the 'new' system to see what works or doesn't. Then I plan to trash anything not working, hook up the amp and equalizer so I can use my stereo again, and store the rest till winter. No time for it now.

The first big thing I ever built was the cabinet my stereo is in, which I made in 1979. A friend with a shop helped me learn to use power tools and figure out how to construct a cabinet. Without his help, I doubt I would be able to do all the stuff I do today. He radicalized me! But the cabinet is about 5' wide and 3' high, with 4' floor speakers sitting on top because there's no room on the floor for them. I'm starting to think the cabinet needs a drastic makeover. Will have to contemplate that for a while. I won't get to it this year anyway. But I'm thinking a tower for the components in the middle, plus separate pedestals for the speakers with storage for CDs and vinyl. Yeah, I know it's old technology, but I'm sort of like old technology myself.

I'll be happy to have my stereo back again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Iíve tangled with chiggers often, mostly as a kid. I donít know anything that itches more intensely. I donít think itís just your immune system. Theyíre notorious for provoking strong reactions. If itís a southern revenge itís a really dumb one because we suffer just as much - lol. Though carrying them around while they dissolve your skin cells isnít a lol-ing experience.

I claim my right to change my mind. Iíve been thinking about the Christmas pattern and Iím going to put that on hold. It and the flowers are both BIG patterns. Also they are both the same type of motif patterns. Going through patterns I have lots of others I want to do. One is another Christmas pattern of treats - candy canes, cookies, gingerbread people, other cAndies. Itís bright and cheerful and a lot smaller. On 16 ct itís 6.8x9.4Ē. I think Iím going to do that one. Itís nice to occasionally actually get a pattern done. Thereís hope with that one. The flowers and carols are both long term projects. At least I have all the materials for the big Christmas one when I do want to start it.

Iíll finish the bottom strip on the flowers tonight and get the smaller Christmas one started tomorrow. When Iím working at the table cutting fabric Iíll also trim and press the sheep and get some pictures.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad it's okay to change minds, since I seem to do lots of that myself.

It's rainy here today, which is good. We need the rain for the forest, even though that makes it so much harder to rake. It will be good for the garden, too.

Today I want to get the pineapple crack finished, the basil in the dehydrator, the floors swept, the new stereo dealt with, some progress on the Aliner quilt blocks, and a start on the AAR. That may all be too ambitious. Husby will probably be willing to sweep all the floors. That would be a big help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Raining here this morning. I'm hoping to get some stuff planted, but only if it stops. It's nice and cool out.

Have two more postcard collages to complete, then those can get written and stamped to send tomorrow. Then I will try sewing a bit, maybe a star block. I have to wind bobbins. I ran the last two out on Monday at the quilt bee. I found my pouch pattern, the website had changed. Not going to do that today though. Tomorrow will be a better day for that or for laying out the baby quilt from the guild, to get that assembled. I won't have distractions. I think DH and I are going to do "stuff" this afternoon.

Good deal on the stereo, SD, if you can get it all working.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the dishes all in the dishwasher plus a rack handwashed, basil in dehydrator, mint in freezer, second load of clothes in washer and first in dryer, cleaned under the fridge and stove, washed one AG, emptied the other, got Husby to sweep floors, and failed to resist eating chocolate chip peanut butter cookies for breakfast. Most of that is progress at least. It looks like today is going to be a catch-up day for stuff that's been piling up while we've done other things.

Husby just said the forecast is for 100% chance of rain tomorrow, too, so no dock and no weed whacking till at least Tuesday. Yippee skippy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

chiggers sound awful. hope you are feeling better. the stereo sounds like fun. we have dh old one downstairs maybe one day bring it up but not the huge speakers. no room. we went and got my yarn order and did some grocery shopping. needed some things for the sleepover. my mill ends weren't a thrill luck of the draw of course. but lots of the new colours I love. fun names meadow, dragon, kracken, elf.. now what to make with them!
    2019 Stash Management-lionbrand.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've gotten close to 1" of rain today so far. This is really going to put us behind schedule in our forest raking.

We installed the memory foam that didn't work in the camper on the bed in the guest room. I used half of a stash sheet to make the guest bed mattress pad and bottom sheet deeper so they would fit. It's good to get the foam out of the van. I can't think of anything else that has to be done with regard to anything having to do with the camper bed fiasco now, so hope that's finally behind us.

Didn't get to do anything with the AAR today but I'm hopeful for tomorrow. Since I figured out what I hope will be fairly easy mods, I just want to get on with it.

I want to get on with the Aliner blocks, too.