2019 Stash Management - Page 81
Page 81 of 174 FirstFirst ... 31717879808182838491131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2607
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Martha, those look like great yarn colors. I would love a fabric assortment like that. Now, for those of us who don't knit, are those rolls all one piece of yarn, or is each color a separate length? I think that blue and grey pair in the lower left is a real interesting combo.

The bites have mostly stopped itching, and the swelling is down, but the big red bruises remain. Several are over an inch wide. Only a few blistered. Must have been mostly young chiggers. The more mature ones bite bigger holes.

I went searching for, and found, my 7" zippers. One dusty blue and one army green. Hmn. Need to find some brighter colors.

Finished the postcards and put all the paper stuff away. Don't know where the afternoon went, didn't get any sewing started.

OK, SD, I missed the joke. Why are you raking your forest?
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm also behind in my forest-raking quota.
    https://www.vox.com/world/2018/11/19...p-raking-woods

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm glad to hear you're doing your part, SD.

One of the ladies at the sewing bee handed me some pink and blue vintage fabric and said "can you use this?" I said "Oh, sure!" And she followed it up with a piece of bright teal, to which I said, "Look, they sort of go together." I got an odd look.

Name:  DSCN1044.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.4 KB

So tonight I started looking around the sewing room and hanging on an old drying rack were 4 coordinating fabrics, and the pink dot came out of a nearby open box. I'm not sure about the dot. I like the pink and grey, but I think it is too modern.

Name:  DSCN1045.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  22.0 KB

I opened a tub of remnants within arms reach and pulled out some prints.

Name:  DSCN1046.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  21.5 KB

And here they are all together.

Name:  DSCN1047.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  24.6 KB

I thought it needed more teal or blue, so I went diving into the stash. Here is the current pile, minus the dots. What do you think?

2019 Stash Management-dscn1048.jpg

Don't be afraid to be critical.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I take it back. That is indeed an aggressive response. Iím glad itís getting better. I like all the fabrics together except one you started with - the one printed like quilt blocks. The color is ok, but to me it sticks out because it has such definite sharp lines and none of the others do. I think removing the big dots was a good idea.

M - those are scrumptious yarn cakes. (CH- continuous color).

Iíve started the smaller Christmas pattern today. It is such a relief to be working on White after that dark gray. I had these pics last night and did everything except, apparently, click post reply.

The first is the second hexagon. It has less embroidery and more just stuff because I didnít like it and just wanted to be finished with it. The fabric also waved. I have pathetic sewing skills. I still have to do the finishing, back and edging. That will help it when all that surrounding fabric is gone. At least, thatís what I tell myself.

Then the little sheep and the flowers. Thatís the full width done on that one, but the pattern is square so I have a long way to go. It is very slow because of all the color changing.

2019 Stash Management-efd5153e-de61-4787-a5da-3846ff7185a3.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-5ec9ee1c-c4ef-43fe-bd0a-41c9c29c0cd6.jpg2019 Stash Management-efa02f4f-b98a-4018-b7ce-bd453f14dbc4.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the 2 orange-y pieces clash (center top and bottom left of the last picture). Yes, more blue (like in last picture).
    DC - cute.
    Need to work on the yard some more. Sunday would have been perfect but I did not sleep well at dad's house and chose to read my mystery novel on the deck instead of yard work. I have routine doctor paperwork to take care of this week. Still small projects to do: A pair of woven place-mats is frayed at the corners, will run new stitching at the perimeter and trim down, then I would be likely to use them again. More bandannas to hem, white pants to shorten, shorts-into-skirt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I defer to D's opinions on the fabric choices. I'm a lot less particular about that stuff. I liked the dots but did think they were kind of an outsider in the crowd.

D, the flowers are so much more striking on dark fabric than as shown on the pattern. I love the sheep and all the shades of green. The red work is beautiful, too.

Since the guest bed makeover is literally off my table, I hope to get the first step done on the AAR and also get a good start on the skirt. I won't be able to finish it because it's too muddy out there to do final fittings and get the snaps positioned and applied, but I hope I can get it made up to that point. I may have a skirt partially made already, because I had an AAR in progress for the motorhome when we decided to sell it. I have to look for that and see what parts I actually had made. If I get as much done as I hope, maybe I will get a little more done on the Aliner blocks. At any rate, I should be able to make some kind of progress.

Husby looked up all the stereo components we got and said it's about $350 worth. I'm starting to have the same problems as with the old receiver, so I'm wondering now if it's a problem with my speakers. I will need to do some in depth research.

I did figure out where to put speakers in my sewing room. Not a lot of options.

Have to tidy up the sewing room, too.

Should be a busy day, and hopefully, productive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been dawdling on my WIP. I did get a little done on the wool-blend and wool afgans over the weekend but not much. I went to a Steampunk convention on Saturday and stayed longer than I expected. But that's ok, I was spending time with friends. But I also didn't get much done yesterday either - mostly a nap and some work on my writing. (Sundays are my designated writing days.) Problem is, I think I'm getting a little stircrazy so I probably need a break from crocheting for a bit. The wool afgan is for a friend's mother but there's no rush on it. I do want to get it to them before the weather turns cold. The wool-blend afgan's for me and ~80% done. It's another thing I want to get done before the weather gets cold but I have other things I can use if I don't finish "in time".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here's another photo, taken in better light, with the green mat cropped off.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190624_093046538.jpg

I remembered last night that I had the blue paisley for another project.

The two peach fabrics don't look that orange to my eyes, but the camera keeps picking it up. I agree they stick out more than others. Given that I've been warned not to make the donation quilts "too pretty" or they'll get stolen, I think they'll stay for now. Anyway, it's not a priority project, so it's getting shelved.

Ren, a nap and some writing sounds like a great Sunday.

SD, sorry you and DC are getting the remains of the rain we had over the weekend. We have set a record for rainiest spring ever recorded in this area.

DC, that red hex is so pretty! And I wondered how green sheep were going to look. They are cute. Your stitching is beautiful.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, CH. I think the colors are pretty together. That’s sad that you can’t make donation quilts too nice.

SD - I think the flowers are better on the dark fabric too. They just fade into the yellow used for the model. However that would look good too if they had been done in darker, brighter colors. I considered doing that since I have some pretty sunny yellow fabric, but I’m glad I went with the gray.

We got .8” of rain last night. Actually I welcome it. I put out the river birches and wax myrtles last year, both water loving, and they had a very dry summer and struggled a bit. All this rain is good for them and they are looking much better, more firmly established.

I absolutely must do some housework today, but will spend a lot of time on the Christmas pattern. I love it’s bright colors and it’s a fun design.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got almost 2.5" of rain in the past day and a half. The mosquitos are starting to swarm. The dragonflies won't be far behind, luckily.

Since I built the new storage in the camper, there's room for my food scale now. That's important for me if I want to stay on track when we travel, because my lyin' eyes just can't be trusted when it comes to portions. If I could accurately judge the correct portions, I wouldn't be fat. Anyway, I wanted a padded box so the scale will have a comfy ride as it bounces down the road, so I found one of those padded personal coolers, cut it in half, and made a cloth box. It should work out nicely. There's even a flat pocket on the bottom to hold the manual for the scale. I used up the bag, a scrap of foam the scale sits on, some pink thread, and pink bias tape, all from stash.

Husby helped me get all the foam back up on the shelf, so that mess is out of the way.

We measured for the trailer skirt, so I can get started on that.

I measured for the 'chair' protector. That shouldn't take long but I'm suddenly under-motivated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-20190624_115024_1561396369593.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The nap and writing were good but I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep last night/this morning. Sigh. Now I want another nap.

The embroidery looks great, DC.

The fabrics look neat. Good thing I'm not into sewing/quilting projects or I'd have another stash of things that need to be used but aren't. lol I'm having enough issues trying to go through the yarn I have. Good thing I don't have anything to do this weekend, other than writing on Sunday. I can focus on getting some work done on my WIP's, provided I don't get too hot. I'm thinking of taking July 5th off to make it a long weekend. I might be able to get some work done then as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the wall protector done. I don't like where it has to be placed, but it can't exactly be anywhere else.
    2019 Stash Management-20190624_140820_1561404424847.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, the moose mat looks nice, kind of like a framed picture.

This is what I worked on this afternoon. The 4-patches were provided, along with strips cut to size and all I had to do was sew them together correctly. Of course I had to rip a few seams along the way. The cat wanted to help, too. She is holding down the darker teal border strips I will put on tomorrow. Final size will be ~ 4ft square. Someone else in the guild will quilt it.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1050.jpg

I believe I will go shopping tomorrow. I need some hardware for the little purse, and I want to see if I can find some 7" zippers.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's really pretty, CH. And how fortunate your assistant was there to help. What would we do without them?

I have to look for zippers, too. I'll need two 24" separating zippers to zip the skirt to the sidewalls on the AAR. Hope I have some.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Place mats were mended and returned to drawer. The white pants will become long cuffed shorts instead of crops. Cut, ironed, and pinned. I'll sew the hems and cuffs tomorrow night.