2019 Stash Management - Page 83
Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1956
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

can't say I have done much at all. told my cousin that I would bring her mandala yarn because I have it and you can't really get it in Europe. the least I can do. had our annual complaint from mail carrier.. takes two people to come give me a letter complaining about my flowers. nothing prickly every time this plant that starts w a C but don't remember name..long stocks w spray of red flowers looks like mini freesia.. are blooming.. one of those plants like irises come up every year. tall hummingbirds love. so they start falling over the path. I just tie them up so the birds can come and the cats don't get them. not the mail man. like seriously step over a leave. but it rains..lol and the bush that is there for all year has bloomed. they said the bugs.. I am can't do much about ants..no the bees...mmm ok aren't we supporting bees. like 99% of the bushes and flowers are in the actual yard. and no complaints about the lilac bush over the bush or all the roses , hanging baskets etc. and every yard on this side of the street is full of flowers, flowering trees, bushes, vines..of all sorts. lots and lots we all get to enjoy it. since the post office is losing business and looking to get rid of deliveries...they shouldn't be so picky. now if they had to go around to the back then they would have a right to complain lol so last night we got some trimming done around to the back since the blooms are gone, dead headed my peonies, cut down old dead rose branch on the side of the house. so one job done and the hummingbirds will be happy when the flowers bloom more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

John James makes great needles.

I didn't get a lot done today. I decided the sides of the new AC cover for the camper weren't making me happy. Both sides left open a row of holes next to the camper, on the AC housing. I added a long tab of matching fabric on each side to cover the holes, since I don't like air screaming into the trailer at 60 mph, and I was also concerned wasps might decide to move into the AC. Who needs that? I also made another cover to go over the travel cover and AC. It's just for storage at home to protect the new cover from sun damage. I used the fabric I made wheel covers from when we bought the moho in 2002. Those covers have been in fairly constant use since then and are still in good condition, no rot and not much fading. We use them now to protect the 3 tires on the Aliner except when we travel. The storage cover should prolong the life of the travel cover quite a bit. That's made from expensive fabric, while I paid .50/yd for the storage cover fabric, which I made from scraps.

I was about done with the second cover when the AC guy showed up. He's experimenting with our stupid heat pump. He worked on it a couple hours, but he seems personally offended that it doesn't work. He's only charging for parts at this point, so we have $15 in it so far. It's working better than it was, but I'm still not optimistic.

Hope I get more done tomorrow. At least the AC covers got done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What brand is the heat pump anyway? I would be personally offended too. Seems bizarre that it's taken years for anyone to figure out the problem. I decided to save the hand sewing for dad-sitting duty days. Trying to fix the zipper on a pair of pants tonight,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our heat pump is a Bryant. I wouldn't buy another one. The guy looking at it now is a new guy, new company. We spent over $1,000 trying to fix that thing already, so I'm ready to junk it and buy a new one, but the new guy thinks it can be fixed. I hope he's right.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't envy the service man with the heat pump. Problem like that takes a lot of staring. Some little thing you keep missing.

I spent most of the day on my little purse. New pattern, very wordy, didn't always make sense. I did a lot of re-reading. Got online and looked at pictures of finished ones. Went through each step very carefully... except making the shoulder strap, because I forgot a part. This is the designer photo: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/15...g?v=1511893104

This is mine. Notice the fabric? It's from the same 10" square pack that the designer used. Explains why a few pieces were missing.

Name:  IMG_20190626_201423710.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  39.9 KB

It's just big enough to hold a check book, or a phone.

Name:  IMG_20190626_201458791.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  47.6 KB

Tomorrow I'm going to get another swivel hook for the strap.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the fabric you made the purse with.

I got a lot done on the cross stitch, then put it all away. Tomorrow I pick up groceries - a lot of groceries and start cooking Friday. I’ll start on the scarves again tomorrow evening. Or I guess that’s technically tonight since it’s after midnight and already Thursday, but until I go to bed and get up again it’s the same day as far as I’m concerned.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ended up cleaning out my sewing box and sorting buttons last night. I found this handy gadget and had to figure out what it was.
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Fiskars-Sewsh...9854/691475996

I'm going to try it on some small dull embroidery scissors. I have a different small gadget but no idea what it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the little pouch. It seems like it would be pretty straightforward to make. Of course I have read some designers that seem to have knack for making simple things complicated.

Do people still carry checkbooks? I generally use my bankcard. It looks like a credit card, but the money comes from my checking account. I have one thing a year where they insist on payment with check or money order only.

I forget to mention it earlier, but I like the yarn. I have not crocheted for awhile, but I do tend to get yarn in big batches. It has to to with saving money on shipping and handling. Traffic is pretty bad here, so I tend to do a lot of my shopping online. Plus I am kind of a homebody.

I am back to doing jigsaw puzzles at home again. I stopped for awhile because I got stuck on one. There is a chunk of the puzzle where parts of the background are very similar. Some of the pieces are extremely close in shape. That is to say, a puzzle piece will sometimes look like a good fit even if it is in the wrong spot. I was at a point where there were spots where none of the pieces I had left seemed to fit. I think it must be because some of the puzzle pieces were put in the wrong spot. But due to the nature of the background, nothing was really standing out as being in the wrong space.

I don't like giving up on a puzzle. But after a break from doing puzzles, I finally shoved it back in the box and started a new one.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked on the lapgan WIP last night since it's been warm. It doesn't cover my legs the way the wool-blend afgan does. I have the feeling I probably won't get much crocheting done during the summer. Been in the mood to get out of the house more often which is not entirely a bad thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your new purse looks like a handy size. Nice job!

I carry about 3 checks in my purse. Husby carries a few in his, too. We have a few Bill's that need to be paid by check, and sometimes we use checks at garage sales. I had to buy my national parks pass with a check a couple months ago because Forest Service computers were down. If we arrive after office hours and leave before at a campground, we pay by check. We still use a few checks a year, but don't carry a checkbook anymore. We prefer paying by CC as much as possible for cash back rewards.

Can't seem to get moving this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't understand why stupid autocorrect turns words like 'bills' into names. It did the same with 'carries' but I caught that one.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    I ended up cleaning out my sewing box and sorting buttons last night. I found this handy gadget and had to figure out what it was.
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Fiskars-Sewsh...9854/691475996

I'm going to try it on some small dull embroidery scissors. I have a different small gadget but no idea what it is.
    That's cute. I don't think I've seen one that small before. They work pretty well, generally. Post a pic of the other tool and we'll figure it out.

The pocketbook is 3 pieces, but assembly methods were odd. Now that I've made one the next will go together in a snap. Yes, I still use checks to pay bills, don't carry it around, but had it last night to pay my dance teacher and the girl who is making our show dresses. Oh, and the motor vehicle licensing place hasn't joined the 21st century yet. I have CC and debit card for store shopping.

It's already over 80 outside and 72% humidity so not putting in the last flowers today. Going to JA, and then joining DH for lunch, and we'll see what happens this afternoon.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok. It’s officially another day now.

CH - I know it’s rude to laugh, but I couldn’t help it when I read your sad coffee saga. I’m laughing now. Apologies and commiserations on your pain.

I need to spend a little time this morning getting the kitchen ready. Putting away dishes, clearing counters, taking out garbage, putting up a folding table for more work space, moving some frozen meat to the fridge to start thawing. Today I’ll get cherries and grapes washed and in the freezer and probably call it good.

Tomorrow I will start with easy stuff, a bunch of breakfast food trays, not necessarily for breakfasts. Various combinations of English muffins, waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash brown patties, maybe some wraps. I’ll probably also pressure cook some chicken I’m getting today since it won’t be frozen. It’s going to be depressingly busy for awhile. I’ve ordered some small deli/condiment type containers that will be here tomorrow. My doctor and I fell into a conversation last visit about lower carb ice cream brands and she said the Bryers was pretty good. I haven’t had that one, but it was on sale so I got a chocolate and vanilla. However, I am absolutely not to be trusted with a carton of ice cream to be scooped in a bowl. I’ll pack it in portion sizes. That should make food policing easier.

The second clutch of barn swallows is leaving the nest today. With the newbies, their older siblings from the first clutch, and mom and dad, it looks like a hundred birds swooping around the porch instead of ten or twelve. They’re a delight but it will be nice to own the carport again and not have my car so much in the line of fire for occasional bird poop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is mini bird puzzle week at work. Too hot to go outside during lunchtime.

There are 15 birds in the puzzle box. 12 now because I gave away a bird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-img_20190627_134727324_1561657969287.jpg  

KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went out to close the camper and what did I see? Husby. Raking the forest. Literally! I was ROFL! Such a good citizen! I should have taken pics. He moved a huge pile of brush off the RV parking pad and was raking off the leftovers, so he had a legit reason to be raking the forest, but I still couldn't stop laughing.

I got the table garden temporarily set up. I'll do it right next year but in the meantime at least we can plant stuff in it. I'm thinking about radishes.

So far our AC is working. The new guy put a jumper in one of the circuits. Four years we've been here with no AC. So it sounds like the circuit board needs to be replaced. That's a very expensive part, but shouldn't be anywhere as expensive as a whole new system. We don't know for sure yet if that's the problem but it makes sense, so I hope we can get this taken care of soon. The way it is now, the heat pump won't run because of the jumper the guy put in, so even though the AC works, the system isn't fixed. But the jumper allows this test of the AC to eliminate problems and help pinpoint defective parts, so it's good to be finding out the AC actually works just fine. It seems obvious the problem is most likely the circuit board. It will be a huge savings if we can finally get this thing fixed. A replacement would be $6K or so, and who wants to pay for that?