2019 Stash Management - Page 84
Page 84 of 114 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1710
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    It is mini bird puzzle week at work. Too hot to go outside during lunchtime.

There are 15 birds in the puzzle box. 12 now because I gave away a bird.
    that is so cute

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's 95 now and still rising. Steamy enough you can see the air. We deserve a good thunderstorm out of this, but won't get it. I moved DH's shoes so I would not drop my iced coffee today.

Here's the stash I managed to acquire today. I went to Hobby Lobby first, they were closest, and bough some cat fabrics and the green vintage prints on the end. Saw swivel hooks in packs of 2 for 1.99 so I got a couple. They seem to be pretty close to the ones I had bought previously. Went to JA and got some FQ's for $1, and some remnants. Swivel hooks there are 3.99 for a pack of 1. They are identical to the HL ones. I've been thinking JA has been overpriced for a while now. I know JA charges ~$5 for an empty floss storage box, and HL charges 1.99 for the identical product. With the JA coupons it almost evens out.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190627_143834388.jpg

I really liked the rayon velvet. The flowers are sheer, it will make a nice scarf or shawl, possibly a shrug.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope the A/C has been diagnosed.
    This is the mystery tool, about 3.5" long. I think the center part is supposed to snap out of the rectangle frame (one part near lower right already disconnected.) I had hubby attempt to sharpen the embroidery scissors but they still won't cut thread. Cut sandpaper?
    2019 Stash Management-img_0970.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's a Hera marker. It comes out of the frame and you may need to smooth the area where it is attached to the sprue. The "sharp" end is used to score fabric and make 'invisible' marks.

The scissor sharpener may be dead, if you feel it is not working. I see it has marks on it from previous use. Personally I would use a sharpening stone if the scissor thingy isn't doing it. I don't know what condition your scissor blades are in. I had to sharpen some for DH, the tool wasn't working, he'd been cutting wire or something and had nicks and dents in the edges of the blades.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I love the rolled flowers. Such pretty colors!

K- I also love the little bird puzzles. Where did you get them?

The grocery run was a mixed bag. Mostly ok, but some problems. Stuff I was sure I ordered wasnít there. In the online receipt I only see what was in the final order, not the order as submitted. Maybe I changed/dropped out things before I sent it? I wasnít charged for any of it, but it isnít what I would have chosen to go missing. No sausage patties. I had ordered 2 bags of grapes and 5 of cherries. Cherries are rarely less than $3-4 lb here, and they were on for 1.68. I was going to get a whole year of cherries in one go. When I got home it was 1 bag of grapes and 1 tiny bag of cherries. On the cherries did the number revert to one and they thought I meant one pound? Forget the freezer. Ill just eat them. The vanilla ice cream was out of stock and I hadnít allowed substitutions on that, so I only got the chocolate. I guess thatís just as well Karma payback for laughing about the coffee?

Dilemma. Do I go back tomorrow and get the sausage and fruit? I really donít want to go to town again, but I really did want it. It will delay the cooking a day because Iím not doing both. I could also pick up the couple of things I remembered too late to put on the order. Maybe Iíll call first and be sure they actually have the cherries.

I need to get all of this put away and then I can crochet. Or maybe just crochet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's too bad they keep messing up your order. I would go for the sausage and fruit if I was planning to prep like that, but I only have to go a few miles. I suppose talking to the manager won't do any good.

It's unbelievably humid here today. When I was younger I couldn't understand why my grandmother wore those ugly house dresses. I've been trying to get stuff done here this afternoon and suddenly I want one. They look amazingly cool and comfortable.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don’t think it’s the staff messing up, I think it’s the ordering app. I just need to start checking it extra carefully before I submit it. I’ve about decided I will go back. It’s too good a deal on the cherries, a favorite fruit, to miss. I just ate some and they are sweet and good. When I started putting the order together again I see the cherries state 1 lb, which is weird because they are sold prepackaged in bags. Apparently they just pulled a small bag. My recept shows it’s 1.4 lbs. I can add a note and I will specify BAGS. Also it will be a small order so I can see if that’s what’s loaded.

Time to crochet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just watched a funny clip of Stephen Colbert talking about Ravelry. If you’re interested, search YouTube for Stephen Colbert ravelry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you, now I know what the gadget is for I expect to use it. I got thread for the shorts/skirt project, so I'll work on that Friday evening and hem on Saturday.

Check out this old pattern. I have made it at least 8 times - as a nightgown in poly knit, or in cotton wovens for day wear. Dress just pulls on over the head and I sew on buttons for effect only, don't even make the buttonholes.
    https://www.amazon.com/Simplicity-pa...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0

This web page is a lot of fun. https://vintagedancer.com/1930s/1930s-house-dresses/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Second thought on the clip I suggested. Be warned. It’s about Ravelry being political, but most of it is just satire about knitters (and JA shoppers), playing with stereotypes. Use your own judgment before watching if you haven’t already.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, that pattern looks very useful, thanks. Those 30's dresses look quite stylish. The ones I'm remembering though were shaped like a sack, knee length, buttoned up the front, had a pocket on the side. Usually in some drab fabric. Something you wouldn't mind feeding pigs or shoveling coal in.

I got out one of the cotton gowns I made a couple years ago. I really need to take them apart and redo the arm holes. Probably just open up the side seams and reshape the curve. I have a store bought one that fits better which I can use as a guide, should have copied it in the first place.

DC, sounds like a pretty wild time over on Ravelry. Humor is so subjective. Sometimes Colbert is funny, sometimes I wait for the punch line and it never comes. Politics is an endless source of humor and sarcasm.

Is it Friday already? I did not get as much done this week as planned. Going to stay in tomorrow and sew. And clean.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I read about Rav's new policy on Twitter. Wonder how it will turn out.

I rounded up some fabric to make the trailer skirt. It's all stuff I had made other things from or WIPs, so I ripped hook tape pieces and zippers out of it and got it ready. I hope I can make myself work on it tomorrow. With the brush off the parking pad, Husby can weed whack and then we can set the camper up down there. I should be able to finish the whole AAR before long, except it's supposed to be hot, humid, and miserable here the next few days. One step at a time, I guess. Skirt first, then I'll worry about setting everything up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Purple mesh bag I kept talking about last week. The (plastic) mesh came with a bouquet of flowers. If I receive another piece I would make another one of these bags. 2019 Stash Management-img_0969.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I get online groceries and sometimes items are dropped. If they are in stock when you put them in the cart, but out of stock when place the order they sometimes disappear for the order. This can happen a lot to items on big sales. As opposed to things that are in stock when you place the order but not when the order is filled. These appear as out of stocks.

There seems to be some inconsistency about item substitution for out of stocks. Sometimes they substitute items and sometimes they did not. On the list we get the substitutions are listed on the top of the page. We can glance at them quickly and decide whether to accept them or not. Most of the time we do. We reject one where the sale item was substituted for a similar product that was very pricey. Another one I rejected because the substituted item had dairy which I cannot eat.

The bird puzzles were from puzzle warehouse. All of them came together in one box. It was listed as a 500 piece puzzle because that is the total pieces. The backs of the pieces are color coded so you can sort them out by bird. I put each bird set in a separate envelope. These are really quick to assemble.

I don't see a brand name on the box. When I searched puzzle warehouse, I did not see it. It feels like a couple years ago there were lots of boxes full of 10-15 mini puzzles on the same theme. Now I don't see any. Maybe there are fads and trends in the puzzle world?
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmm. That could explain the things dropping out, but they should tell me when I pick it up. When they substitute here, if it’s more expensive or a larger size they give it for the same price as what you ordered. I have not bought real steak in years because it is just too expensive, but I decided it would be my treat/reward for all the cooking. I ordered a package of sale ribeye, and they were out so substituted a different ribeye. I got a $43 package is steaks for $14. If there are still no cherries I will try to get a rain check.

I finished a scarf last night. New grab bag rule - if one has a lot of yarn I can pick a second and alternate working them. I’ll probably get four more from the banana berry. The second bag only had one skein, a white gray and blue mix. I got a start on that last night, 6 or 7 inches.