2019 Stash Management - Page 85
Page 85 of 164 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2457
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's a heckuva deal on the steak. I bet management didn't know about that one! That's a big price difference.

I got the skirt started and it's going well. I don't think it will take long but these things are impossible to predict, considering potential snags. I'm optimistic ATM though. It's exciting to be at this stage because once it's time to think about the skirt, the end is usually in sight and the whole thing starts to look more complete, even without the rest of the room.

The handle we need for the back corner of the camper is supposed to arrive today. That's an attachment point for the room and I can't finish it without that, so it's good timing.

We have a damn bear hanging around today. It's a little worrisome because it doesn't seem to want to leave. The dogs are limited to the kennel and their yard is closed off, so they're not very happy either. I'm very sick and tired of stupid people around here thinking it's cute to feed bears. There's a reason for the cliche a fed bear is a dead bear. Why can't people understand that?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a star block as a warm up and am now chopping up kid's fabrics. Going to do some simple 4-patches. Four fabrics, one of each per block until I run out. I'll keep 1.5 yd of the yellow one to be used as backing. That will get a pile with no home off my floor. I also moved some books. They had been moved to the floor this spring, and I kicked one for the last time.

It's steamy and 92. I was considering going to Aldi, may wait and see if the humidity goes down as the temp rises.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally have a weekend where I don't have anything planned other than my usual writing time on Sunday. Depending on how hot and humid it is tomorrow, I may stay home and work on either writing or (more likely) crocheting. Right now, it looks like it's going to be hot (in the 90's) with scattered thunderstorms which will make it cooler on Sunday.

I've been working on the lapgan WIP with the weather being so hot. It doesn't cover my legs. I'm about 50-75% done with the current skein. It's one of the 1lb skeins. I think I will only need the second 1lb skein I have. Either way, I'm not going to bother another one since it leave too much left over. This is only supposed to be a lapgan anyway.

Once I finish the current lapgan, I'll probably start another one, using what I have in my stash. I've been meaning to use that up anyway and lapgans go faster than full sized afgans. I could make scarves but I think I'll donate the lapgans some place. I have several options - the local hospital or one of the local rehab centers, the crisis ministry my parents' old church keeps a box for, or the senior center.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

great fabrics! good score on the steaks. with cherries being that cheap I can see them running out before doing online orders. good score on the steak though! caftans are good too or long tshirt dresses. got caftans from rosses dress for less for mil for $10.

rained this morning..got dh to set up the tent last night. was grumpy but realized I was right..the elastic in one pole had broken. better to find out now where you have the tools to fix it. just going for a night. no motivation today at all. dinner is leftovers from last night. kids have free event today and dh is out. will go out and get some cash and some camp groceries. pick up my mom too. and then crochet! between housework lol sent my cousin the colour pics of the mandala and caron cakes she can't get so will bring her the red velvet cake yarn as a present. washed all the hats I made on delicate and hung up to dry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mission accomplished. I came home with lots and lots of cherries, two bags of grapes (.88 lb), the mysteriously vanishing sausage and the other odds and ends I put in. One thing I added was unflavored gelatin that I have never used. I like jello now and then, but really need to use the sugar free that just has a few boring old flavors. I thought there must be a recipe somewhere using unsweetened kool aid for the flavor and I found it. Also this way I can make it less sweet. The boxed jello is so sweet I always put some lemon juice or a little unsweetened kool aid in it to cut the sweetness down. Better to make it less sweet to start with. That will give me a lot more choices. I have some ancient kool aid packages and maybe I can finally use them. Green apple? Peach mango? I’ll make some tomorrow and try it out.

The weather doesn’t seem appreciably different than it has been. Chance of rain the next couple of days but we’ve been having that. Still for some reason it’s making me really achy today so I’m just going to take it easy the rest of the day and start in on the frightful kitchen tomorrow.

I don’t know what happened to the week either. It seems like we bounce straight from Monday to Friday. I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case if I had to show up at a job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The weeks are flying by here, too. It's almost July and our dock is still sitting on shore. We are bad, bad Minnesotans.

I got the skirt done to the point of the snaps. I plan to pull screws out of a line of trim that runs along the bottom of the box and use those for the snaps, but I think the holes might be too big. Have to check that. I have to put the male half of the snaps on the camper and then install the female halves one at a time as I install them in order. Kind of a pain, but it will end in a nice result, so it's worth the tediousness. I probably only need to put in a dozen or so. I'm happy with results so far.

I've used enough of the nylon fabric from the storage pail that I think I can move my hot air balloon nylon into the pail, too. It's now in a double shoebox. That will give me an empty shoebox plus prevent fading of the balloon fabric. Will have to figure out what goes in the shoebox instead. I'm always trying to consolidate storage where it makes sense, so this will help.

I also realized my 4 pails full of zippers are a disaster area. The zippers are supposed to be sorted with separating zippers in one pail, and metal non-separating and nylon non-separating in two others, but they're completely commingled. The fourth one is supposed to be all zipper chain and assorted zipper slides, but there's a big bag of extra long zippers in with those. I searched and searched for those a few days ago, since they weren't listed on the label. I have to do better because after 40 years or so of constantly searching for stuff, I woke up one day and realized how much I hated constantly searching for stuff. I've spent years purging and organizing, but there are still small areas that have not been sorted and I guess the zippers are one. Always something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did the machine stitching on the shorts/skirt. I have 2 things to hem tomorrow by hand while dad-sitting. Then they will be out of the "to do" pile - yay.
    Still have some bandannas to hem on the machine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It’s a rainy day here. The neighbor’s little flock of ducks has migrated from her lot over to my “marsh.” I’m enjoying watching them. I’ve threatened to get little girl a flock for her next birthday - lol. Or geese. Then she could a proper goose girl. She needs to explore all career possibilities.

After supper last night I did go on and get the cherries and grapes in the freezer. I have a lot of sandwich bags so I put them in portion sizes, then in a regular heavier freezer ziplock. It took more time, but I like it that way. I have four gallon bags of cherries, two of grapes. Today is the first cooking day.

Yesterday evening LG came over and asked if I had any yarn that was “two colors at the same time” that was blue and green. Uh, yes, but it’s all in black grab bags and I have no way to find it. However she happily took a skein of the banana berry that is green, blue, turquoise and yellow. It’s lucky I had that one out working on it and cuts down the number of scarves from it. I get very little done on the scarf in progress last night. A few inches.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the new handle on the camper and the snap halves installed, too. Progress. It's already hot out so I probably won't do much more outside today.

We went down to put the dock in but the grass was so wet we decided to wait.

Glad to get the snaps on. I hate making holes in the camper, but the screws already in the trim were so much bigger I couldn't use the same holes for the snaps. The next step, putting the other half of the snaps on the skirt, I hate too. There's s no fixing any mistakes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kitchen day 1 is done. I cooked all the sausage and 18 hamburger patties. I used the foreman grill so that took some time. I also made and packaged a big skillet of sloppy joe. Instead of freezing it in larger containers I used some of the condiment cups so I can thaw it for one sandwich at a time. I also got the ice cream divided into the cups. Then I ate (too much) steak and walked out of the kitchen. Tomorrow will be eggs, chicken, and starting on vegetables. That won’t take as much attention, except for the eggs and I can clean up today’s mess while that’s cooking.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was a house cleaning day, so I didn't even go into the sewing room. DH and I did a bunch of general cleaning. Still need to vac. DH did the lawn, and we burned a pile of sticks. It was 99F out this afternoon so I just threw some chicken down on the sidewalk for dinner -- just kidding, I used the grill and burned up even more sticks. I kept watching the thermometer waiting for it to hit 100. Maybe tomorrow? DH is putting a pile of dead electronics together to take to recycling. Yay!

Week after July 4 is trash amnesty, we can put out an unlimited number of bags of household trash, plus the usual unlimited recycling (paper and plastic). I'm going to be pushing to fill as many bags as possible.

SD, I hope your bear problem goes away.

DC, sounds like you got a bucket load of work done.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No bear drama today, so we're hoping it moved on. It was a beautiful bear. And big.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My diet buddy has gone and done it now. She challenged me to get 100 consecutive blue dot days. I think she said that would be now to Halloween. So far I have one day in a row. This won't be easy, but I'm focusing on trying to figure out how much I might be able to lose by then. A little over 14 weeks, maybe 25 lbs in a perfect world I don't live in. I'm loosely setting my goal to lose the 17 I've stupidly regained, setting my first mini goal at 4 lbs. At the least, I should be able to get back to more mindful eating.

I'm excited about the shove she gave me. Hopefully it will get me back on the wagon. I always lose when I track, so chasing those blue dots should help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Uh-oh only 100 days to Halloween?
    "Sidewalk chicken" cracked me up.
    I only got the skirt hemmed yesterday. Will do shorts today. Should work in the yard but my back is not 100% happy.
    CH - Years ago I made a long purse-strap into a Christmas dog leash by covering it w/ ribbon. But decided I want the purse strap back on the purse so took it apart yesterday. It occurred to me a fancy dog leash would make great purse strap material. Lots of designs to choose from.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The ducks are back today. They seem to love the new pasture. The neighbor is getting very frustrated since she can’t figure out how they are getting over here. I would love to have ducks of our own, but since I’m not the one who would be taking care of them it’s not my call. Yesterday she brought over five eggs for me. I’ve never used duck eggs before. I’m thinking of mixing them in the chicken eggs to scramble. They are so much larger I’m not sure how to use them for baking. I guess I could experiment. Any advice?

I got a little crocheting done last night, but barely enough to mention.

It’s time for breakfast and kitchen round 2.