2019 Stash Management - Page 86
Page 86 of 131 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687888996 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1956
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D, meats like burgers and sausage cook up great in the air fryer oven, quick, and the grease drains away.

A large chicken egg is about 1/4 cup. You could measure a duck egg to see how they compare.

Got up and started cleaning the kitchen. It sure gets messed up a lot faster now that Husby is always home. He loves to use 6 dishes where 1 would do. Still have to cook some chicken in the AF oven, now that my diet buddy is dragging me back up on the wagon, kicking, screaming, and whining. I'm so lucky to have her. I'm down 2.2 overnight, all fluid I'm sure. But it's an encouraging restart.

Aside from kitchen stuff, I have the snaps to put on the trailer skirt and some other little things to do to the AAR. Then I will just have to wait till the weeds get whacked to move the camper to a level spot. Forecast is for storms off and on so we probably won't do much outside including weeds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished a jigsaw puzzle.2019 Stash Management-img_20190630_163641279_1561927113184.jpg

This is the first big one I have done in a while.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's a pretty puzzle, Kathy. It looks like a fun one to do.

I got the chicken cooked, so that's my protein the next few days. One of my biggest problems with staying on a weight plan is not making food prep a priority. I'm much more likely to eat the wrong stuff if I don't have a plan ahead of time. Chicken is zero pts so I can eat as much as I need to. That helps so much. I'm doomed to fail if I let myself get hungry too often.

Got the snaps put on the trailer skirt but nothing else. I think I may have figured out how to do the section of the skirt that will cover the wheel well. That sticks above the main part of the skirt and I can't use snaps or Velcro to attach it. A challenge!

Got a bunch of dishes done and the stovetop cleaned. I think I need to mix up a wild rice and bean salad for supper and planned-over meals. With chicken, that would be a complete meal we could eat several days. Less prep, cleanup, and planning for me. And, hopefully, more blue dot days!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I said if I had more mesh fabric I would make another mesh zipper bag - so of course I found more mesh fabric while sorting & putting away other stuff. Pink again and a smaller piece. I have a white 7" zipper and willl use the same fabric as the purple mesh bag. So this week's agenda: hem shorts, pink mesh bag, hem bandannas. Lots of other projects if I get those finished.
    I found some beads stashed in a random container. I have several things that need restringing.
    I spent several hours sitting in my patio-under-the-deck. Decided I want a plastic milk crate to turn into a patio ottoman (have 2 chairs already). I emailed my brother to see if any at dad's house, I expect there is something usable. I also cut down a cardboard box and folded part of a comforter into it for the dog to use. He was lying on the concrete pad w/ me outside. I don't know if he'll use the box or not, but it cost nothing to make.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kitchen day 2 done. Almost. I have some things cooling waiting to be put in the fridge. I didn’t get eggs cooked today but I did sautť onion, bell pepper, some real bacon bits and tomatos to go in them. I did cook two big trays of chicken in the pressure cooker. I had to do them separately. I seasoned them with an Italian dressing mix packet and had some for supper. It turned out well. They were breasts with rib meat and skin, so I got those boned and ready to be used. I had a lot of broth from them so I cooked a bag and some leftover extra pasta shells in it. Yummy. I’ll eat it as white pasta with a little butter and Parmesan. I made a favorite veggie medley with yellow squash, onion, celery, carrots and tomatoes. That will go well with the pasta when I start packing the meals. Finally I cooked a couple of chuck roasts in the pressure cooker. That takes longer than the chicken so I was happy they both fit in it and I only had to do it once. I finished up by wrapping and freezing the other two steaks. No need to be greedy. That’s an indulgence to spread out.

It feels great to kick back in the recliner. I’ll probably finish the scarf in progress, then either start another or pull out a large piece of fabric to hem. I dry dishes in a large rolling cart which is great except when there is a fly in the house like now. When anything is buzzing around I make sure any dishes are covered with a towel or two, but it’s time to make something that will do a better job. I have colorful cheerful piece I thought would be fun for a lap quilt backing that should be about the right size. After I rest a bit I’ll check that out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You got a lot done, D. Busy day for you.

I have 2 blue dot days now. It seems a little easier this time to get good habits back. I hope that continues. I still want to lose 25 pounds this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow you guys have been busy! you probably could have cooked that chicken on the sidewalk lol. that is a pretty puzzle. I never see nice ones in the store like that or the birds one you posted. had a fun time visiting relatives camping over night though no one slept well other campers sound travels snorers lol so everyone didn't have much sleep. early night. only put away what had to be done.

worked on my latest hat out of the remains of the last two yarn cakes. pulled out some yarn to take to cousin overseas. that is about it. leftovers were for dinner. lord knows I have shopped enough for groceries so plenty in the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a little outfit for my doll almost done. I think I may add a tiny bit more thread to her hair. I only have a little left on the spool, so I will finish it off.

I will be taking Wednesday and Friday off, so a nice long weekend.

This week/weekend I also want to play around a little bit with a lucet I ordered for cord making. A lucet is a traditional tool for cord making. It looks like a large wooden fork with only two tongs. They don't have to be made of wood - I saw some plastic ones - but most of them are wood. I could have bought a cheap plastic one, or maybe even made one, but I spent a little bit extra for a nice one. Then I splurged more for a book on using it. I have a one book current that has one type of cord to make with it. The book will have more types.

I got distracted a bit by some books one something called nalbinding. It is a traditional Norwegian craft that produces something similar to knitting. It seems like knitting is actually much easier, so the only people who still do it are Viking reenactors. I was tempted, but took a pass on it.

I am planning to use the cording for shoe soles. I got some jute for this purpose, but the jute is pretty scratchy. I am thinking of using dishcloth yarn. It has a lot squish factor. Some of my other yarn compresses by half or more when squish the ball. I do not think this would be a good trait for show soles. I will have a lightweight sole sewed to the bottom for traction and protecting the yarn.

Straight crochet is not really a thick enough sole. Well maybe if I used really thick yarn or multiple strands together.

I only have three issues for making shoes - the sole, the top part and attaching the two together. So basically everything. I guess I just feel ready for a challenge again. There is a certain psychology behind it I think. When I fail at something it sits in the back of my mind. I want to keep trying until I get it right at least once.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've puttered around with a lucet but the one I bought had too much of a flair at the top to make it easy for me to use. I haven't gone looking for one that works for me yet. I'd love to get back to trying to make cords using the lucet.

I did get some work done on the lapgan. I actually have two of them going. One is the WIP I leave in my car. I ended up just puttering around one of the local malls since it was too hot and humid on Saturday to really do anything. I was able to get a bit of a walk in by walking around the inside perimeter of the mall. Then I just sat and people watched while working on the car WIP. I think I might need to pick up a few more skeins of the yarn but I'll wait until I'm nearly done with the skeins I have now on that one. The lapgan WIP I have at home is coming along and I'm pretty sure I don't need more yarn on that one. Good thing is, it doesn't cover my legs the way the full sized afgans do so I don't get too hot while working on them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The sidewalk chick reminds me. My MIL once fried an egg on the sidewalk. The family was moving away from California. They last day there was the middle of a heat wave. Since they could not really take refrigerated food with them, on a whim she decided to crack an egg on the sidewalk to see if it would cook. It did. There is an old photo documenting this.

Of course no one ate it. My MIL was very picky about the cleanliness of her kitchen.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had never heard of a lucet. I watched a short YouTube video on using it and it looks like fun.

Last light I finished the scarf and got another half done, as well as hemming the fly shield cloth. I just used a rough running stitch so it didnít take long. Also I just left the selvage that had the pattern printed all the way to the edge - No need to waste time hemming that. Iíll do one for the bottom tier but it canít be as large. Iíll need to go through the fabric. Iím sure I will find something appproximately the right size that I wonít need to cut. Mostly though I put pots and containers on that tier and they are basically upside down so not as threatened by flies. I hate flies!

I have another two trays of chicken, one in the pressure cooker now. My plans for all the chicken is to chop to use on salads, put through the food processor (roast too for this) to make meat salads for sandwiches, chop some to freeze to have ready to use for whatever. Iím also going to cook some rice and put it together with some of the chicken and vegetables to make fried rice ďkits.Ē I have some ground beef and the other two chuck roasts I have thawing in cold water in the sink.

Iíll get the lastvtray of chicken cooking when the first is done, but I plan to wait to do everything else for a couple of hours until stuff is thawed, or thawed enough to carry on. In the meantime Iíll crochet and just relax. Itís a rainy day here, no thunderstorms for a chance, just rain. Itís such a soothing sound I canít guarantee a doze wonít slip in there too.

Iím tired of managing food stash. I want to play.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Down .4 today, not much but I'll take it. I skipped breakfast which I'm sure was a mistake. I can eat it later.

I got out and planted the table garden this morning and put in kale, spinach, French and Italian salad mixes, and several kinds of radishes. The table garden isn't that big so it's not a lot of each. We also added some height to the fence so the table garden won't be a deer buffet. I hope something grows. We moved a set of washtubs into the fenced space, but by then I needed to come in the house. It was so muggy out. Husby weed whacked the lower RV pad, so as soon as I'm ready, we can move the camper down so I can finish the AAR, I hope. The cut weeds need to dry a while so we don't get grass stains on everything, so I don't want to start anything today. It's supposed to be miserable weather all week.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Put borders on the yellow baby quilt this morning. I think it is around 34x44". I was limited by the aqua fabric, of which I only had a FQ (one of those JA $1 sales bargains) The yellow was a $2/yd bargain leftover from Easter. I saved a piece big enough to use as the backing, too. Not going to win at any art show, but I hope it is cheerful.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1071.jpg

Made the purse strap this morning, too. I found a very near match in solid blue in my stash.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1073.jpg

This is the fabric for the next purse. I have already started, been sitting on this for two years waiting for the right pattern. Can you believe the black print is a christmas fabric?

2019 Stash Management-dscn1072.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I snapped the partially finished skirt to the camper and stuff actually fits pretty well.
    2019 Stash Management-20190701_131641_1562016747347.jpg

This pic shows our rusty steps and the zippers I used to close up the space behind them so the skirt will fit around the steps.
    2019 Stash Management-20190701_131725_1562017029307.jpg
    I like how it worked out but I need to add a couple snaps under the door. I don't want to but decided I can't get by without them.

A friend on another forum mentioned Harbor Freight clips while saying to someone else that if he gave me a spark, I would soon have a blazing fire. He was right, and now I know how to clip my skirt to the camper fender, even though the HF clips mentioned won't work. I don't have the piece added yet but this is the problem.
    2019 Stash Management-20190701_131751_1562017800060.jpg
    That open space above the skirt won't keep any bugs out, and I can't use Velcro or snaps. I feel better now that I have a solution even if it's not implemented yet.

Well, shoot, WW is going to stop publishing a magazine. I will miss it. They're sending me Living Well instead to the end of my subscription. They better never get rid of the app because that's what makes WW so easy to follow.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Living Well isn't bad, but I'd rather have Eating Well or Diabetic Living.

The camper skirt looks nice.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown