2019 Stash Management - Page 87
Page 87 of 194 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks. The skirt would hang better if not for the forest of weeds standing right next to the camper and behind the skirt.

I forgot to mention I think the yellow quilt is very cheerful.

I love the combo of the plain green and Christmas print on your new purse project.

I got blue dot #3. Only 97 to go! I messed my food up so much today I had to have a 3 pt bag of popcorn after supper to make my food minimum and get my dot, and I still have 1/3 of my dailies left. Oh, well, I used 4 weeklies yesterday. I try not to use those at all. I have to do better tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the quilt is nice! dh cousins daughter is having another girl in sept but I have a baby blanket done for it already. don't think she will use it anyways. did send one to the first kid. she can use it for one of the dogs too. it is a multi coloured baby yarn that I got from mary maxim but didn't do it for me. I plan to make some blankets for my kids for if they have some later. when my hands are too old.

finished the hat from the 2 leftover cakes. scratching all the bug bites from camp and here mosquitos are out. we didn't sleep much at the camp so we were in bed early and lazy day. canada day so the booms of the fireworks is just over and the cats quit complaining about being in when they started.

realized i have to come up with some steampunk ideas easy to pack and make for camp this summer too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Down .9 today. I hope to hit my first mini goal tomorrow, then reset for another 5 pounds.

Time to repot some tiny plants into big pots. They don't seem to be growing, so will try giving them more space. They are tomatoes I started late. But it's also some peppers started in March that just don't grow. I can't figure that out. Need to plant carrots, too. The caged zucchini is turning yellow and not growing, although it has lots of buds. I think it might have gotten over watered. I will try to replace it but the nursery is probably sold out by now.

I have some more work to do on the AAR before its next fitting, so we probably won't move the camper today. We need to set it up though, so I can get the clips for the wheel well flap. I need to add the snaps below the door, too. I'm sort of in the wrapping up stage of the AAR project, with a long list of little things still to be done, most of which won't take more than a few minutes each.

It's going to be another busy day. More opportunities for more steps!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - thatís a good idea to make a store of blankets for future gifts. Mosquitos are evil. I hope the itchiness subsides soon.

Busy day here too. I cooked a 3 lb chub of ground beef yesterday and turned it into spaghetti sauce which was not the plan, so I need to thaw and cook another. I got a fair amount done yesterday, but havenít actually packed much yet. I quickly went through the frozen veg yesterday and I think itís 2/3 green beans. I guess I keep buying them and them not cooking them?? Dumb. It looks like Iím going to be eating a LOT of green beans for the foreseeable future. Thatís what I get for not keeping track better of whatís in the freezer. I still havenít cooked the dang eggs. Thatís up first today to I can get the breakfast meals packed and in the freezer. I think Iíll have to move the veggies to the fridge freezer to have room to start packing away the meal trays. I think what I can get done today and tomorrow is it. Thursday I will celebrate my freedom from cooking.

I found a piece of fabric for the second fly cover. It was part of a curtain from a long past apartment. A year or so ago I used most of it to make a pillowcase. What was left was just about the right size. Iím glad thatís finally used up in some practical way.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, congrats on finishing another hat, and sorry about the bites. It's that time of year isn't it. We have heard some firecrackers here. It is stupid, the police send out messages reminding everyone that they are illegal, yet there is a sales tent in every grocery store parking lot. I'm more concerned about the gun fire, we have a few "patriots" in our neighborhood who like to show off.

SD, hope your plants recover.

DC, have you tried green beans cold in a salad? That would be a good way to use some up, and no cooking. You just blanch them (which might be considered cooking but it is very easy). I'm going to make another nicoise salad this week. Lettuce, tomato, hard boiled egg, and whatever vegs you have: green beans, peas, asparagus, etc. Dump a drained can of tuna over the top.

Today I am going to try to finish the "christmas" purse. Hope my black thread holds out. I only have the one partial spool, and I can already see the bottom of it. The assembly is all top stitching, so I can't cheat and use another dark color in the seams. If I run out I can move on to a star block or start my cross in star, which is lilac this month. Not sure I have lilac thread, but there's plenty of white.

I also have to do some unpleasant house cleaning, as we have guests coming for the weekend. They are not sleeping here, but will be hanging out and there are a lot of thing that need to be picked up, wiped down, etc. I don't want to use DH's tactic of just shoving it in the basement or garage, especially since next week is what I call "all you can eat trash pickup" where there is no limit on the number of bags we can set out.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks SD. Rather them then ticks! it is part of life here. getting rid of standing water that has been sitting so no breeding. we get them inside and I get bit while sleeping. cat came in to eat and I saw a raccoon walking though the yard so now he not allowed out for a bit. not happy but he did see the raccoon so not complaining yet. he is loud has a poor poor pitiful me howl.

Canada Day is the only time normally Cities do big firework shows. Halloween is when people can light fireworks here. You can get personal firework shows too. There is a big contest in the summer with countries around the world doing major fireworks. huge here.

I wish they had that here! would save on dump fees. also people just dumping stuff. also people who don't have the resources too because hiring people to take stuff away is $$$. we are lucky to have a trailer.

that salad sounds nice.. I don't like green beans much unless they are sauteed with some sauce to kill the flavour. so family doesn't get to eat them much. unless they come in chinese food. but they are long beans more. no one likes tuna here except me and the cats. so not a frugal option here.

in the look squirrel frame of mind today..already cats in and out treats, answering emails, checking michaels ad to see if tshirts are on sale. have latest murder mystery movie on I pvr'd morning show mystery. not the greatest acting but ok. just had another squirrel thought but stopped myself lol update my travel list to pack. had a bad sinus headache all day from smoke etc so took sinus pill and allergy pill at night. don't need sleeping meds w that.

need to go to michaels for steampunk ideas. plus some of the caron cake red velvet yarn was raining most of early morning. so cool here. but sun coming out. need to make a bunch of appts. dentist, vet etc. besides the other issue thing she ate the wrong grass sharp that gets up your nose cus she is coughing. may as well get it done. trying the new dentist on the corner who had good reviews.

kids pet sitting job is over. of course housework etc. but that is ongoing. figure out something for dinner too. kids need to eat that watermelon.

will start on another set of hats too. just need to pick a new cake. something different to go with the stash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m taking a break. Eggs still not done. Sigh. I got as far as putting the out on the counter. I did a big pot of the green beans seasoned with garlic, rosemary and marjoram, them sautťed them. I never season them the old fashioned southern way with bacon but I have some and may do a pot with that. I was also thinking of using some in a three bean salad, but I had other plans for the canned kidney beans I have. I don’t think I have enough for both. I’ve cooked other vegetables this morning and the brown rice for the fried rice. I cooked some vegetables for that yesterday, and have chicken ready. When the rice cools I’ll put that together, to be fried when I take it out to use. I’ll probably put in some slivered almonds and dried cranberries too. it I also have a pork loin cooking.

I’m trying to use up stuff in the freezer that’s been there quite a while. There is one smoked sausage and a good bit of chicken so I’ll cook more of that, probably tomorrow since it has to thaw. I would like to get most of the meat cooked and start fresh as sales come along.

I have laundry in - I’m really going through the kitchen towels - and will probably have the biggest pile of pots and pans tonight. It will be a really long day because I want to get as much done as I can.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, you can make the salad with whatever fresh vegetables you have, the idea is to use what is seasonal or available. I got asparagus and avocado this week, with lettuce out of the garden. Also, you can use leftover chicken or canned salmon if that is more appealing.

I'd love to know what ideas you come up with from Michaels. I have a costume event over Labor Day weekend (Sept 1) and could use some inspiration myself.

Purse is almost done. Have to find the right button, and make the strap. I think I have just enough thread remaining.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The bear was back, and she brought her cub. Again, didn't want to leave. We will probably have to call the DNR. Maybe they can haze her.

I got the 2 snaps put under the camper door. When the caulk dries, I can mark and install the corresponding halves on the skirt. And try not to smash my thumb this time. I will sure be glad when the AAR is done. I'm tired of thinking about it. And it would be nice to finally be able to use it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finally. Got the eggs cooked. I just mixed the duck eggs in with the chicken eggs. Then I burned my left thumb and index finger. What a dummy. I knew that part of the griddle was hot. I think I’ll just spend some time assembling trays and keep my hand away from heat and hot water for a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't you just hate it when there's some little chore you just can't make yourself do? And it hardly ever turns out to be bad enough to justify all the procrastinating. Good for you getting the eggs done.

I made myself go out and mark the skirt for the last 2 snaps, since the caulk was dry enough. One more little step done.

Not doing too much. It's 82 in here, not much cooler than outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worked on the pink mesh bag, just need to sew trim on the sides then it will be done. The shorts are only hemmed on 1 leg so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are nice bags. I like mesh bags because I can see what's in them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like salads but the family doesn't. only caesar salad the boys like. or I would make meal salads a lot. I like wendys salads esp apply pecan chicken one w blue cheese.

my friend called and we went to value village she is old enough for seniors discount so I used that. got some things to use for steampunk. dd did some research too. you can break down old clocks and paint the gears. lots of things have just gears glued to them bronze and gold colours. found some sunglasses etc. old crochet booklets posted pics plus hat 2019 Stash Management-steampunk.jpg2019 Stash Management-remanetshat.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

here are the booklets...though don't need anymore lol plus bought what I thought were just feather clusters to use for other costumes but they have elastic on them like for flapper head dress or thighs2019 Stash Management-books.jpg