2019 Stash Management - Page 88
Page 88 of 194 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I have the leaflet on the right. I like those old vintage leaflets, too.

Down another half lb this morning, so I made my first goal of losing 4 lbs. I'm resetting for the next goal, losing 5 lbs. I lost 4 lbs in 4 days, but will start to lose more slowly anytime now. I'm mentally prepared for that so should get through it without bingeing. Emotional eating sucks.

Husby wants to go into town this morning. I'm hoping the nursery still has a zucchini for me, and maybe some cucumbers.

It just occurred to me I can do ALL the mods needed on the AAR except determining if the roof needs to be extended, without moving the camper. I think so anyway. Everything else is happening at the back of the room next to the camper, and level ground doesn't matter much there. This thought makes me happy. The room would be usable though not ideal without making the roof longer, so we could just check that part out next trip. That should be a big help.

Now I'm remotivated to work on the AAR. Hope I get a bunch of the little stuff done on it today. And a zucchini.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished up my little doll. This used one whole roll of the cheap pearl cotton. The cheap pearl cotton is only 5 grams per ball. Half the normal size. The dress is made from recycled fabric. This felt is the lightest of the skin tones I got.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190703_103206047_1562164995282.jpg

I started playing with the lucet. The cord is a little thin for what I had planned. This is standard weight yarn. I might try two or three strands of yarn. This is a fairly squishy yard but the cord is reasonably firm. I am thinking that maybe the yarn balls are just wound really loose to make the yarn skein look bigger.

I tried making the knots looser in the last part so the cord is a bit thicker.
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190703_103745770_1562165296606.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - yes, I’m glad I finally got the eggs cooked. It wasn’t really procrastinating for a change. I never started with them because I wanted to get things underway that would take longer like the pressure cooker things or starting the ground beef browning. Soon I was juggling too many things to focus on egg scrambling or mostly I just didn’t have room to get out the griddle. I ended up getting 16 meals from it. All have eggs and sausage and either waffles or hash browns or English muffins. I have a little sausage left over frozen loose in a ziplock bag.

My thumb and finger absolutely vetoed hot water but I could not leave the kitchen as it was. So I ended up washing everything that wasn’t really greasy with cool water and a LOT of soap. I couldn’t have walked back in the kitchen today if I hadn’t. I would have had to just burn the place down - lol.

Today is the last kitchen day. At least that’s the plan. I have chicken to cook and may do another ground beef chub and just bag it have some browned beef available. Lots of veggies to cook. Nothing complicated.

I’m working, finally, on the last banana berry scarf. After that I have enough of the green tones mix for one more, then it’s back to the grab bag pile. I’ve downloaded several books from my library onto the phone so I’m ready to go. One of them is about the New York mafia. I have never had the slightest interest in the mafia, but it was included in the recent two for one sale, so I decided maybe it was time to learn something else new. I hope the reader is good - it’s 33 hours long. Since I only effectively paid about 4.75 for it, it’s pretty cheap entertainment. But - sigh - one more day of cooking first.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy, you posted while I was writing. The doll is really cute. I think the hair looks great.

M- I like the doily book. I started messing around with thread, beginning with some snowflakes. Very mixed success and Iím sure it would have been hilarious to watch. Talk about all thumbs! Itís still in my list though. Several years ago I did a challenge on a crochet forum to make an afghan with regular weight yarn from a doily pattern. It had guidelines for scaling up in size. Not too lacy, about ? number of rows, a detail I wish I remembered, and such. It was fun to do and turned out well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your little doll turned out really cute, Kathy.

I can see why it took a while to get to the eggs, D. I still need to put together some of those Just Crack An Egg things for the freezer.

Don't think I'll get much done on the AAR today. We ran errands and I'm already tired. Cucumbers were on sale 2/$1, so I bought 12 to dehydrate. Have to process those right away. I want to make cucumber powder from those to see if I can make cucumber salad dressing that will keep more than a day. Have some other stuff to do too.

No cucumber or zucchini plants left, as expected.
    I did BOGO 3 pepper plants and 3 Tumbling Tom tomatoes. I don't think we've had trailing tomatoes before. They have lots of tomatoes and blossoms on them already.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy, your little doll turned out very nice. Are you planning more?

DC, glad you got your cooking done and are set for a while.

SD, sorry you did not find any plants. This time of year you should be able to get seeds going real quick though. They'll come in later than your first plants, giving you a good supply all season.

Finished up the christmas purse. Not sure why it is half an inch deeper than the first one. Not a big deal. Made the strap longer, may adjust that in the future. Grandma's button box yielded a big red button to use on the front, unless I find something fancier (The blue button on the first purse came out of her box too).

Thinking about my next project(s). I have 68 leftover charm squares from the yellow quilt. 63 will make another child's quilt, about 32x42". OR, I could move on to the other fabric I have, pale blue with pink and yellow circles, white bunnies and yellow chicks. I got a 31" yellow dotted remnant to go with that. Add a solid blue FQ from the stash and there will be a lot of leftovers to mix in with the ones I have, meaning I could go lager than 32x42". Choices, choices.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Iím taking a break and I am beyond tired. Unfortunately the day isnít over yet. The cooking and packing, either to freeze or left in the fridge to eat now, is done except for for chicken. They were boneless skinless breasts but thick so I pounded them flat. Violently. I donít have a meat hammer anymore. What to use? I spotted a two handed pot with cooled vegetables in it. I put the lid back on that and pounded with it. It was sort of a drop hammer technique and that chicken knew for sure it was flat when I finished. It was pretty funny. Thatís marinating now and Iíll cook it while I tackle clean up. I thought yesterday would be the biggest dish day but I was wrong. I have all the same pots dirty again plus all the containers/pans used to hold some in the fridge. Oops. It just occurred to me I may have another container of roast in the fridge. I hope not. Anyway I have a mountain of big stuff to wash. Then I must at least sweep up the accumulated rubble on the floor, but no mopping tonight. Luckily I donít have roaches or they would be the size of Airedales after feasting tonight. However except for mopping on another day I will be finished before I quit tonight. How good it will feel!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The doll is really cute Kathy. What's her name?
    Pink mesh bag is finished. The 7" zipper is a limitation - I can get my hand through but it would be hard to stuff a large item into the bag. I'll remember that next time.

I'm experimenting w/ hat bands right now. Most of my straw hats are plain. I have a lot of scarves, remnants and buttons to experiment with. It definitely changes the appearance. I also finished a potholder yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually just make chicken cutlets. Much easier on my wrist.

I have to cook chicken tomorrow, too.

All I got done on the AAR was to pin the pattern I made to the flap fabric. I should be able to work on it tomorrow if we have power. Fargo is getting pounded now and these storms are supposed to be here early tomorrow morning. Oh, joy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, our season is very short here. I might try planting another zucchini though. The cukes are less important because I bought some at the grocery store. They're in the dehydrator now and I'm curious how that will work out. I want cuke powder for making salad dressing and tomato juice. It's an experiment. I did plant some cucumbers but they're in a bad spot, so probably won't produce much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

JoAnn has free shipping today July 4.
    I have a gift card.....
    But.....I think I have enough to keep me busy around here today. Decisions, decisions.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a sandal makeover.

The first picture is the before with plastic straps.
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190703_165119812_1562250143944.jpg

The second picture is the after picture. Next week I will try it indoors at work. See if they work for more than a few minutes wear. The trim is knotted and glued on the bottom. I am not sure if it would survive outdoor wear. Especially since our founding fathers decided cobblestone sidewalks were a good idea.
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190704_101624317_1562250447573.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Uh oh. Now I will have to take a look at JA.

Down .4 today. I don't know how after the massive screw-up yesterday. Micro popcorn is evil, even if it's jalapeno! But I'll take the loss any day. I didn't get much to eat yesterday thanks to the popcorn, so maybe it was enough to rescue myself. Today I'm back on track. Got my healthy breakfast of an egg wrap and watermelon, after an hour and a half of walking between the house, garage, and greenhouse. Got my lunch defrosting in the fridge, and sort of a plan for supper.

I potted the six plants we bought yesterday and planted two seeds I hope will turn into a thriving zucchini.

After about 30 years, I found a use for a set of 3 stacking plastic bins. They fit perfectly in a little wire table I got for 50 cents. I've been using it in the gh but couldn't find containers I liked to fit the shelves. Two of the baskets stack on the bottom shelf. One fit the middle shelf after some surgery to remove the basket legs. Perfect. It will be a nice place for small tools, gloves, and stuff like that. It's a small change that should be very handy. The little table sits by my washtubs I use for mixing soil and potting things.

Still need to work on the AAR.

The storm isn't here yet, but it's getting darker.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Whew! Finished about 10:30 last night. Everything packed away, everthing washed, floor swept. The kitchen table is still piled with clutter and of course all the clean stuff has to be put away, but that was enough. Now I can live on the bounty. The rest of the house is a train wreck but that’s a problem for another day.

I’m not sure what I will do today. Instead of crocheting all day I think I will get out the flowers and cross stitch.

Happily I can’t think of anything I need from JA.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

More progress on the lucet cord. Going much faster now. This is made from two strands of yarn. It uses the two balls on the side. I have my single strand practice cord up top for comparison.

The single strand was made with the yarn on top. I did not do enough for the green to show up in the cord.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190704_114841963_1562255879744.jpg
    KathyB