2019 Stash Management - Page 89
Page 89 of 194 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats, D. It's always a weight removed to get chores done and the mess cleaned up.

Looking good, Kathy. Looks like your skills are improving rapidly.

Husby just made WW pretzels for himself. He's also making Fowl Down-in-Rice. He needs to learn to cook, which he said he would do when he retired. Everyone should be able to cook basic healthy meals, so now it's time for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

K - I like the cords. The lucet is definitely a cool gadget. It was a clever person who created it. You’re making me want to try one but what would I do with the cord?

I just finished a late breakfast (early lunch?) and have definitely decided it’s a flower cross stitch day. Time to get started.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Raining here today and if it was just rain I'd go work in the garden but there is thunder and probably lightening as well, so it's an indoor day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy - that doll is adorable. i like her hair. i never saw a lucet before and wonder what you will use the
    cord for when made?

D - i had everything ready to start crocheting a basket but someone showed me the corner to corner so that
    has taken over my life. lol i am making a scarf now and it is really a fun stitch. i dont make big projects
    anymore so will get to the basket soon.

SD - kudos on the weight loss. i go up and down. trying to make better choices.

Happy 4th of July to everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, EB. I go up an down too, but lately it's been more up than down, so have to put a stop to that.

Terrible about the earthquake in CA. I'm hoping for no casualties.

I got a quart of dry cucumbers from 11 big fresh ones. It will be less when I grind it all, but should be plenty for experimenting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Productive day. I sorted my scarf drawer and pulled small ones and hat-scarf candidates. I found scarves/ribbons/buttons and embellished 4 straw hats. I've only been wearing the newest one since the older ones didn't look too great. The older ones look better to wear now.
    I hemmed 8 bandanna triangles to give away at dog club event later in the year.
    I cut & assembled another simple elastic-waist skirt, hem not done yet. There's enough fabric left over for a separate top if I can find the pattern I traced from another shirt.
    Tried on the white shorts and decided 1st leg is OK, so proceed to hem and cuff the 2nd leg. I have a pair of navy polyester shorts from mom that are too long, probably shorten those legs also. I found navy hem tape.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy 4th of July to you all! you guys make me feel like a slug but not enough for me to do much about it. allergies and barometer getting to me again. love that little doll! so cute. not much crafting did go w dd to michaels today got some steampunk stuff..used a coupon on a roll of chain. got a pack of gears, some discounted lockets and keys. and a premade necklace. hanging some of the charms and gluing the gears etc on stuff makes it steampunk. went though some of my jewelry to see what i can use. sent dd though w the chain w coupon and I used a coupon on a skein of red velvet caron cake to take with me. need to bring enough so she can make something decent with it.

I had forgot about making a wearable out of doily pattern. I remember a few books on that. basically doily pattern w reg yarn and big ger hook. I have a lot of vintage booklets plus crochet books like magic crochet used to sell them online.

my mom is in the hospital got a call from her at 2pm yesterday in emer.. her pain was too much though she could have phd me for a ride she is only a few blks away. don't come but of course i did called my sister. lets say stubborn. it was one of her spells nausea etc I said must be gall bladder..no..yet my sister and her mom had theirs out. but yes it is pancreatitis attacks. she doesn't have anything on the list except that. sister phoned today she is staying hopefully gets a procedure done tomorrow and does it. sister vented lol my mom is lovely but ... i was talking online w my cousin when this happened so of course she was upset. her mom the same.. said she wore hearing aids for 2 days only. my mom needs them but won't so runs in the family lol at least it is not something really serious.

cat was at the vet yesterday and then they wouldn't come inside so not allowed out today so they aren't happy. booked my flights overseas. overcast here today . have to come up with something for dinner still. something easy. dh still has to fix the leak.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Martha,

I hope things work out okay with your mom.

I realize I left out a big chunk of my thoughts with the cording. It started on the sewing clothes thread where someone posted a picture of cute baby shoes she embroidered. I decided I wanted to try making shoes again.

I had kind of successfully done shoe soles before, but they were a pain - literally. My hands ached after sewing through the think material.

There is a kind of shoe called esperellas. The sole is made of jute. I have seen crocheted, but the traditional way is made into cord. Then the cord is wrapped in a not quite oval and sewn together. A little like a rag rug.

I bought some jute but it is a little scratchy to work with so I switched to yarn. Braiding did not seem thick enough so I switched to yarn. I originally planned to use my dishcloth yarn but wound up doing regular yarn.

I have never done anything like this corded sole before. Definitely into grand experiment territory.

Normally I do very little crafting during the week but I took some time off.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So kind of like this:

2019 Stash Management-img_20190705_075536278_1562327815719.jpg

This first trial pin did not come out quite right. The bottom should be at the bottom of the white sole template. But that is the general idea. It looks like I have enough or almost enough if I pin it up correctly.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - I hope your mom recovers quickly. Unfortunately there’s no cure for stubborn - lol. When is your trip? Can you post a pic of the yarn you’re taking?

Yesterday was a fun, relaxing day. I made some progress on the flowers cross stitch but as always not as much as I expected. After all these years I should be a better judge of how much I can do in a day. Of course that long afternoon nap didn’t contribute much to the cause. I need to do a lot of decluttering today but my heart isn’t in it. Maybe this afternoon or tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

K - the shoes look interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing how they turn out. The sandals you posted were pretty with the new top.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Down .4 again today. I've lost almost 5 lbs now, enough that I can kinda sorta start to believe there might be some fat gone along with mostly fluid. I'm always skeptical till I'm down at least 10.

I rummaged around in the cabin and found a sun shade I made years ago. The sun shades helped a lot to keep the cabin cool but I'm not going to put them up anymore. That would require drilling holes to put up hooks in the new siding, so no. But since a trip to South Dakota a few years ago when we were on a very sunny site with the hot sun beating on the trailer wall where the fridge and AC are, I've been thinking about a shade. Gas absorption fridges aren't that efficient to begin with and trying to keep that cold was not fun. The AC had to work a lot harder, too. The shade will help keep not only the fridge and AC cooler, but most of the wall itself. It's almost like a portable shade tree! Another little mod that should have been done years ago. Since the shade cloth was already hemmed and has grommets installed, it was fast and easy to add the little things it needed to adapt it to the camper's attachment points. I'm using the brackets for the wind kit mod, so no work there either. I just have to make a storage bag or find one. Easy.
    2019 Stash Management-20190705_124300_1562350411836.jpg

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    my friend called and we went to value village she is old enough for seniors discount so I used that. got some things to use for steampunk. dd did some research too. you can break down old clocks and paint the gears. lots of things have just gears glued to them bronze and gold colours. found some sunglasses etc. old crochet booklets posted pics plus hat
    FYI, I just got back from Hobby Lobby, where I found a nice leatherette bag on a strap. About the size of a paperback book, it has two pockets, will hold a phone and a pair of sunglasses and keys. Brass studs, tiny zip pocket for change or ticket stubs, pair of fake buckles with straps you could hook something into. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...Bag/p/80815536 It was not half price in store, I used a coupon.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That does look cute and useful, CH. Good find!

I dug out the second of 2 Cordura bags I made to haul rolled up carpet in when we had our canvas popups. The bags strapped to the back bumper. I used one for the new clothesline I just made, and now I can use the second one for the poles for the cabana I'm modifying for the camper. Less work, more clutter put back to work, and no additional money spent. Wins all around!

I also found a bag for the shade, so no work there, or cost. I've whittled down a lot of assorted stash lately for so many diverse things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made these mushroom burgers for supper. Really good! They only need minor tweaks. I got 11 out of the batch, which comes out at only 2 WW pts each. I had 2 with 2 slider buns, 1 pt each, so 6 pt supper with watermelon, 0, plus lettuce and tomato, 0. These are supposed to freeze well and I hope they do because they would be handy for a quick meal. Another weapon in my arsenal.
    https://pin.it/5lcdmdiur2opgs