2019 Stash Management - Page 90
Page 90 of 194 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That cross-body bag is similar to the one I just put back "in service" by turning the strap-turned-into-dog-leash back into the necessary strap. Handy for summer activities.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a good idea making your own soles...so cute! CH That is a good bag and steampunk colours. DD is busy making conductor hats by hand and sewing on gears from michaels for accents. don't need much some jewelry chain. cheap pocketwatch all does it. I am just working on the next hat. lots of online chatting too. went though some costume jewelry to see what we can use. got red tshirts bogo too so can put on camp crest for uniform. going though crests for traders too since I mixed up the two bins of ones to keep and trade a while ago.

My mom is doing ok. needs a mri to see all what is going all inside. if she needs a procedure or just meds. grumpy because no food allowed just juice etc. and being there. not allowed water pills or blood pressure meds. she has congested heart failure which is why she takes it though don't know why for blood pressure because she has perfect blood pressure. says her cough and ringing in her ears is gone too. ran into idiot brother in law. your sister has lost 1 1/2 days of work because of this .. felt like saying so get a job. my sister is happy w the arrangement but we all think other. never really had a job couple of degrees..no volunteer housework etc. his dad paid for him to go though school. at least my mom didn't hear that. hard to hold your tongue. my kids do more work then him.

kids and I did eye appts, library, visit my mom and groceries. was making pesto pasta ..but couple of silverfish floated to the top of pot out of dry bowtie pasta. so that went to the crows/raccoons. had a pack of frozen herb pasta so used that instead.

My cousin like burgundy so picked red velvet which is now disc. but will bring her at least 4. will use another coupon to get more. will look around my stash too for some similar colours. not much out there. have some bernat pop xmas yarn that is similar. getting dh to make some wood turned pens since he has all the stuff and light to pack. Name:  redvelvet.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  13.0 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We kept forgetting about the pressure treated lumber we have squirreled away behind the cabin. It's for the last section of boardwalk. PT lumber likes to warp and twist as it dries, so we need to get that done. But since nothing is ever simple, we have to move some lilies of the valley first. Today is the day. We're not going to move all the plants, just enough to build the boardwalk, which isn't many. Hope it goes well and quickly. I'm looking forward to the construction, not moving the plants.

I started sewing the wheel flap for the skirt last night. All that's left is to make 3 buttonholes and sew the flap to the main part. I don't know if I'll get that far today or not. It's been about 4 years since I've made a buttonhole, so will have to haul out the sewing machine manual. Mostly I can't recall which button to push so the machine repeats the first buttonhole for all of them. Hope it goes well. I've been procrastinating about the buttonholes and I don't know why, but I think I'll make those before we start moving the lilies. Then I can forget about them. Attaching the flap to the skirt won't require any thought so I'll be able to focus on boardwalk construction.

I'm shocked how fast the radishes came up in the table garden. Some are already a half inch tall. I think I planted them Monday or Tuesday.

Nobody is eating the currants this year. Normally they disappear before we get any. The bush is loaded right now. They're not quite ripe so will probably disappear soon. It was fun to finally be able to taste them though.

Time to get to work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - thatís a pretty shade of red.

I got quite a bit done on the cross stitch yesterday. I have six full pages of pattern after the three narrow pages across the bottom that I finished before. Iím working on the center strip, left page now, and doing the overlaps to adjoining pages. Iím getting to a patch that has a lot of vines with buds. That covers a lot of ground with not much stitching so it will feel like Iím zipping along.

Other than that, Iíll just see how the day goes. I have no particular plans. Lots of housework I should do but have no interest in it at all. My arthritis is cranking up too. July/August is the worst time of year for it and thatís a disincentive too.

The mafia book is actually more interesting than I thought it would be. I have about 25 hours of it to go. It holds my attention but not to the point that I canít turn it off. Thatís the perfect medium.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always thought the mafia was interesting, in a horrifying sort of way.

We got the lilies moved so we can start the boardwalk tomorrow. The dew pt finally dropped into the 40s but now the air is full of smoke. Probably something burning in Canada. I haven't checked the MN fire map yet. We used up some of the rotting timbers we salvaged for the project and more bags of dirt.

I got the flap done and sewed on the AAR skirt. That's a relief. I'm just happy I figured out how to make the clips work considering the multiple challenges. I'm getting closer to setting the room up again, but moving the boardwalk project to the front on the line will slow me down now.
    This pic isn't very good but you get the idea. It's impossible to see the screen on my phone on a sunny day, so framing pics is always a guess.
    2019 Stash Management-20190706_115012_1562434910769.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My weight was up .8 today
    I suspect sodium from the Parmesan, condiments, and pickles. Will see what happens tomorrow.

The shroomburgers were even better tonight. I still have some mushrooms, so need to make another batch for the freezer. That recipe is definitely a keeper.

Found out the fires are in Canada. Air quality is rated unhealthy, but it's supposed to clear around noon tomorrow, something about winds aloft. We can barely see across the lake here. I couldn't tell on the map on TV, but it looked like the fires were mostly in Ontario with some in eastern Manitoba. Hope everyone is okay there. ☹️

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

At 11:00 it’s still only 89 here but the heat index is already up to 103. July in Louisiana. High humidity but no rain in sight.

I got a lot done on the flowers yesterday and will be able to finish this page of the pattern today. I may carry on with the next page or shift to something else. I’m really enjoying doing these little motifs. I’m not using pattern colors but just filled a tray with pretty floss colors and I choose from those. I think that’s one thing keeping the interest up.

I was farther along in the mafia book than I thought yesterday. I only have about another 9 hours of it. I’m not keeping all the families straight just listening to it, but that doesn’t seem to matter too much as at this point the focus is more on efforts to prosecute individuals than on inter-family struggles.

Im taking one more totally free day then tomorrow it’s back to real life and living like an adult responsible for a house. Living like an adult can be greatly overrated- lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it is isn't it. like being a parent. something you don't really feel like doing anything but you have to be good and get them out of the house for exercise or something. we were at camp all day w friends. good times. then a bbq for a friends 50th bday. worked on my crochet a bit since I didn't kayak. dh out w friend this morning and friends over tomorrow. may go to an arcade that just opened here in our city. they have been banned for years. why who knows. don't think we are doing much today. laundry and housework awaits of course but meah. always there. cool and raining here. so can turn on the oven.

I need to download some audio books for my trip. I don't normally do them but think for the trip why not. no one will be bugging me constantly and some for dd too because weight restrictions. here is a pic of the hat dd made for me out of old bandanas from a fort for steampunk costume and a pic of the camp. wasn't hot but humid so sweated anyways lol 2019 Stash Management-66050886_10157830784692971_3632588506078904320_n.jpg2019 Stash Management-66128575_10157830799177971_8899193377141030912_o.jpg

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool hat! You'l have your costume together in no time! Coincidentally, we were thrift shopping with friends yesterday and I finally found a long, ruffled, tan colored skirt. It will be perfect for steampunk, and a couple other things I have in mind. It's sized extra large, so lots of fabric in the skirt. And DH found a conductor hat at another shop, lol! It told him we had to add it to the hat collection. I also bought two scarves for dance or costuming, one black with silver design, and one that is a woven blue and green with metallic strands. Very colorful.

DH is taking a load of electronics to recycling tomorrow, which will clear a lot of space in the garage. We are going to see what else can go out.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

save us a lot if we had many gardens running.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-20190707_114334_1562529640945.jpg

2019 Stash Management-20190707_114211_1562529866630.jpg

2019 Stash Management-20190707_114109_1562529983024.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy, did that post get messed up. Don't know what happened.

The pics are of the terrace on the hill behind the garage, a Rosie the Riveter picture I bought and put up behind my saw, and the final section of boardwalk we got framed today.

The boardwalk is done except for lag screws and decking, so it's a one person job now. The rain barrel in that pic will finally get connected to the downspout so we can use the water around the gh and for AeroGardens, which would save money.

The terrace isn't special, but now you can see what the heck I'm talking about. Also why erosion has been a problem over the years.

I'm happy with our progress around here lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Cool hat! You'l have your costume together in no time! Coincidentally, we were thrift shopping with friends yesterday and I finally found a long, ruffled, tan colored skirt. It will be perfect for steampunk, and a couple other things I have in mind. It's sized extra large, so lots of fabric in the skirt. And DH found a conductor hat at another shop, lol! It told him we had to add it to the hat collection. I also bought two scarves for dance or costuming, one black with silver design, and one that is a woven blue and green with metallic strands. Very colorful.

DH is taking a load of electronics to recycling tomorrow, which will clear a lot of space in the garage. We are going to see what else can go out.
    awesome! my dd has a velveteen black skirt the 3 tier ruffle type she can use but I don't so thinking maybe just a denim one w ruffle I have. I don't have full skirts that are that style that work. all of our costumes are more witch, devil, pirate styles. fabricland has a bunch of sales so maybe go look. dd is saying suspenders but for fuller figures maybe not lol so will see

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I saw a cool idea on pinterest, a petticoat made out of a dust ruffle. Cut it up the middle and sew the two halves together on the narrow ends. Now you have a big ruffle to wear under another skirt. I've found it hard to find long and full skirts at thrift shops. They're either long and narrow, or full and way too short for me.

As for "gears" go to the hardware store and ask for star or lock washers. Significantly cheaper than the packaged ones Michael's sells.

I think suspenders and a vest would be great on a fuller figure.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Genius petticoat! I couldn't exactly picture what you described, so had to look it up. https://pin.it/2hnjxn64fzprxl

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love the cap, Martha. I'm also into steampunk but not much of a costume person.

Did get some crocheting done over the long weekend. Mostly on the wool afgan for a friend. Finished skein #1. I snipped out a couple of weak points as I went along so they don't break and create holes in the final product. It was still pretty warm and humid over the weekend but the afgan wasn't so long as to really cover anything just yet. But the forecast for the next few days will be back up in the upper 80* to low 90*'s. So I may put this aside and go back to the lapgan which shouldn't be that hot while I'm working on it.