2019 Stash Management - Page 91
Page 91 of 174 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2602
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning from the wimp! I was going to sit on the screen porch with tea to start the day, stepped out, and right back in. I checked the weather - 84 with 92% humidity. Ick. One of my heroic neighbors is out mowing. I’m sticking with the a/c.

I frittered away so much time yesterday I didn’t finish the pattern page, but I’m very close. Maybe another couple of hours will do it.

Today I will tackle the house. The kitchen looks awful but I think it won’t actually take too long. It’s mostly a matter of finally putting all the clean stuff away from that last cooking day, getting the extra table out of there - it’s holding up overflow clean pots now - and doing the next round if dishes. Not too many since I’ve been using a lot of paper plates. I have a lot trash to gather up and need to declutter my piled up worktable. If I get through all that, the day will be a roaring success. Then I can get back to the fun stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We came up about 9 board feet short on the decking for the new boardwalk, so that uses up all the giant pile of deeply discounted decking we bought 2 yrs ago. That ended up being pretty darn close to exactly what we needed, so we're happy. Nothing left now to store, which is good since storing 16' boards is a pain. We probably won't finish the last 2 boards till tomorrow but everything else is done. Time to think about the next projects. Maybe I will get the AAR set up again and figure out some things.

Husby is thinking about painting some rusty stuff like the camper steps. I'm still thinking about the 2 storage tubes that would also need to be painted. I think I have figured out how to correct the problems preventing installation of them now. Not sure if I want to start that now. It's not a huge priority.

I was down .5 this AM, so managed to dump the gain and end up with a 2.5 lb net loss for the week. Not bad.

It's hot and humid for us, 82 with dew pts in mid 50s. At least we have a nice breeze. We put up a QuikShade so we didn't have to bake in the sun. That made things much better. Happy to have this project so close to done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Iíve accomplished a lot. Kitchen finished except for a few random things still on the table. I can put that away when I go in to get supper in a few hours. Iím done for now. The worktable is untouched, but itís not a problem like the kitchen was. Just an eyesore. Also got some laundry done and put away.

Now I get to cross stitch. Iím ready.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope you're enjoying your stitching, DC. And a nice clean kitchen!

SD, Good job on the decking. I know you've been working on that a while.

Ren, and everyone else, hope your projects are going well. I think it's too hot everywhere now.

I spent the larger part of today sewing, while waiting for the plumber. Started with a star. I don't coordinate the colors, just sew them.

Name:  DSCN1079.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  42.6 KB

Then I did two of these. One is done and one just needs a few more seams sewn. I like this lilac fabric, too bad I don't have more. I noticed I have a bright yellow-green version of this, too. It must have been from a JA FQ sale. I will have to look for more.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1080.jpg

Did some shopping over the weekend, and found these. The pink is ~4 yards, but 24" wide. The blue print is ~1/2 yd. The blue solid is yards and yards long but only 6" wide.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1078.jpg

Used my new little blue purse over the weekend while we were out and about. It has some flaws. One, the cross through shoulder strap covers up the inner zip pocket, making it awkward to get my CC in and out. The strap also pulls the flap up on one side, which is not attractive. I think I may slit the side seam open and put a tab and hook over there instead of the pass through loop it has now. The medium weight interfacing is not as sturdy as I'd hoped, it might still sag in the middle. There's a purse #3 on my to-do list.

Name:  DSCN1077.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  13.9 KB

This is with my phone inside.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I like the lilac too. I’m sure you will get the purse glitches worked out.

I finished the pattern page but it took a lot longer than it should have. The last bits had a lot of tiny flowers that needed lots and lots of thread changes, each for a few stitches. Also I’m struggling with this fabric. For some reason it seems to have a slightly looser weave and the outer threads on the blocks often drift loose. It’s a good brand - Zweigart or Weichelt- so I guess it’s just luck of the draw. That’s aggravating on a light color but a royal pain on this one. Very hard to see but if you don’t catch it right, it really messes up the X, and when the error is over a single thread it can be hard to get it out. Grrrr. That’s really slowing it down and wears down my patience. Have any of you used the magnifying glasses the hang around your neck? I’m wondering if I need to try one to magnify the fabric so it’s easier to see the separated threads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m impatient and didn’t wait for advice. I ordered one from amazon, free delivery tomorrow, and paid for with CC points. I’m not sure if it will work not sitting completely upright, but decided it was worth a try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

isn't there the special glasses that hang down for embroidery? I remember seeing them in the past? pretty blocks ch. that would be easy petticoat out of a dust ruffle but I don't have any at the moment. found a blue denim skirt w ruffle in my closet. most of my skirts are mid calf. that is a good idea hardware store or dh stuff in the garage lol but we bought the stuff already. I am not getting too wild because we have to pack it all and be in uniform still. so general idea is enough. more jewelry. the skirts we can wear as reg clothes when not at camp. carry on bag one will be full of yarn I am bringing my cousin. but will be full of souvenirs on the way back.

dd used the sewing machine and sewed a couple of hats for herself. one similar and one more rectangle shaped. had friends over for dinner and ds friends came by so no leftovers. forced us to clean up the house declutter...dining room, good vacuum. didn't want to bother sunday because would just be a mess monday. lots of stuff downstairs. but need to go or put away. set up my tent for trip. tired didn't sleep until after 1 but up because ds has summer school now. dh was off yesterday. spent a lot at grocery store yesterday, saw my mom ..she was waiting for mri and then gall bladder out. don't think I will be up to much. get kids to activities and maybe dd can cook easy meal. thinking stumppot of mashed carrots and potatoes w european weiners have it all on hand.
    week 1 of the crochet along planet earth is out so maybe start it.

friend just texted me for lunch. so will go out close by. friends brought me a bunch of flowers very sweet of them but think there is something that is bugging our allergies. neighbour has tile cleaners over so windows closed etc because noisy. watching my shows while on computer secret of the national trust. all my british ones that taped yesterday. last season of great british bake off coming to tv here but realized they cut out a challenge for commercials. so will see if I watch it there. found a few raspberries and ate them yesterday not much this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Acting like a responsible adult is over rated.

Well I suppose a certain amount of responsibility is needed. But as long as we are not spending all your money on booze and gambling or guilty of child neglect I think we can cut ourselves some slack.

Racking up huge debts with reckless spending is not good, but spending a little bit on occasional splurges should be forgiven.

Once you retire, I feel like you have earned the right to spend all day doing nothing much. I was going to say, that will be the first couple months of my retirement. But then I realized we will be moving after I retire, so lots of packing and unpacking stuff.

So Monday, I spent most of my free time on a jigsaw puzzle. I also played a board game with my husband. So the craft stuff got set aside.

I enjoy making the lucet cording more than I enjoy stitching it together. I find lucet cording to be very relaxing. I want to keep making it after my current project. So I will have to come up with some use for it. Maybe I can keep going with more shoes.

It feels more adaptable to do for just a few minutes than many other crafts. I also like how quickly it works up. I can see progress after just a short time.

Actually I think this is just because the cording is pinned to a foam board. That makes it very awkward. Normally I like hand sewing things. So maybe I can work on a way to improve that in the future. But I can't completely eyeball it. It is the base for a shoe, so it has to be relatively close in size and shape. If it was something like a fabric bowl that could be any size, I could just eyeball it.

There is another cord in the book I want to try. There is a base cord (or cords) that the other cords are tied around. Bits of the base cord will show in the design. I feel like I could do something with strips of cloth for base cord to do up a thick cord.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today has just flown by. I meant to do some sewing this afternoon but had to run to the PO, then realized I was out of tomato sauce for dinner, then figured I might as well do a few other things and next thing you know I was at Joann's...

They are having a sale, buy a yard of fabric (at full price) and get a yard of clearance fabric of your choice for a penny. Which is not really a deal if you think about it. It's a 2 yard minimum for fabric at ~50% off. JA has 50% coupons every week. I wondered what might be in remnants. I did not see many people in the store, and only 1 cashier was working, and there was no line. This is what I got.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1082.jpg

The stars will be donated to the quilt guild. I think the green batik is the same as the last piece I got, certainly very similar. The seeds were all 70% off.

My dance teacher gave me these prints to make cosmetic bags out of. They will be christmas gifts. I can use my stack of neutrals for lining. Just have to find zippers.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1081.jpg

And finally, as I was finishing my quilt block and getting ready to send it to my partner I realized I got the color wrong. It's supposed to be purple. Lilac is the color for February. I'll still get to use it, but not for a while. So, going to dig through my stash for something definitely purple tonight.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a couple of the magnifiers. They're okay but I think it's hard to keep them in the perfect spot for best vision. I've had the best luck with the ugly round lighted magnifiers that clamp to something, the ones on an adjustable arm.

We got the boardwalk done and the rain barrel system set up, but even though I followed the instructions and diagrams, it does not work. We can fix it but it's annoying.
    2019 Stash Management-20190709_120655_1562710319190.jpg

We also added ĺ" of space between the back of the camper and the spare tire. It looks like it will be enough so the 6" storage tube will fit. Progress! I finally convinced Husby it's not illegal to display a license plate by bolting it to a securely attached tube. He wanted to make the tube a foot shorter so we wouldn't need to move the plate. That doesn't work for me. Now I'm trying to figure out what do about the sway controller on the front of the camper. It's a friction bar that connects the truck and trailer and helps stop trailer sway in some situations. We can't back up the camper with the controller connected, so when we get to the campsite, the controller is disconnected from the truck and flipped backward to sit in the locker hook on the hitch till we're parked. The tube will be in the way of the hook, so have to figure out some other location. The hook is too convenient to do without. I'll think of something, I'm sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I saw the clamp mounted ones too but don’t have anything to mount it on. If I don’t like it or it doesn’t work, at least it won’t be the most expensive mistake I’ve ever made. I think I’ll keep working on it a while. Now that I’ve got a larger block of it done, I really like how it’s turning out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, glad you're making progress. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Wow, Joann's is having a big coupon sale this month. FOUR 50% off coupons in the new flyer, 2x 25% off total purchase, 50% off notions, 70% off beads, and some 60% off ones. Thu-Sat clearance and remnants are an additional 25% off. Wow. Quilt fabric is 30% off, so any remnants will be 30%+50%+25% reduced. That would make a $10/yd remnant ~2.63. I may not be able to control myself. I have been eyeing some very serviceable brown remnants and putting off buying them, but this might be the time. Brown is not a popular color so I am not worried about anyone snapping them up.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The decking looks nice. I assume the orange poles are snow indicators (that's what they are used for around here.) But if you put pinwheels on the tops of the poles would it scare the bears away?????

I got the JA flyer also but don't know when I would have time to look. I look at the discount bolts every time but haven't seen much to entice me. I have so much clothing I'm not in the market for more. Making quilt & other items from scraps. (Still have grandma's quilt blocks to do also.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've had to create places to mount the clamp lights, not always easy. Still have 2 awaiting some inspiration. My recliner is the worst challenge, so I understand your problem.

Now I'm afraid to open my JA notifications. I suspect if I mention this sale to Husby, it would turn into a camping/shopping trip. He wants to go to Menards and Grand Rapids. I've been resisting, but JA might tip it. Have to think about it a while.

The orange driveway markers were put up for the snow guys, but we leave them up in summer because our yard is so tight and we can't see the boardwalks from the truck when we maneuver it around. Cheap insurance.

It's supposed to be rainy today but we might redo the rain diverter anyway. I also want to cut the new storage tubes. We need to see if we have black paint for plastics. If not, someone will decide it's time to go to Menards. JA is only a 30 mile drive from there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love that Egyptian fabric!

Does the JA ad start tomorrow? I can't find anything online that doesn't expire today. Frustrating. It's nice to be able to plan in advance when the nearest store is 70 miles away.