2019 Stash Management - Page 94
Page 94 of 194 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They first take the 50% off, then take 25% off the remaining 50% and that is how they come up with 63%. Weird, but how it comes out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never felt particularly unsafe living in Minneapolis during the day either, except for that creepy building inspector, but at night was a different story. We usually only went downtown at night for Twins games and once late at night when Jimmy Cliff was playing First Avenue. Great concert. I wouldn't do it as an old person though. Maybe not even at my current age.

I officially started the applique on the 2 Aliner blocks. Just one line on each block, but a lot of the time was spent adjusting tension and testing stitches. It's going to be challenging to do all those curves on all those tiny pieces and make it look decent, so I'll be keeping the ripper handy. Should be good practice for tiny machine applique.

I found the folding rake I thought was in the camper, and I need to make a carry case for it. Don't know when that will happen. Every time I think I'm getting to the end of camper projects, something else crops up. Oh, well, I do think the end is in sight for big projects in the form of the AAR. Once that's done, it should only be maintenance and the occasional small mod.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think they take 50% off, then 25% of the remaining 50% = 12.5% (50/4). Rounded up to 13% + 50% = 63%. I have noticed this before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I mentioned to DH that I was going back in the morning and he said "Want to go tonight? I need to go by the computer store." So that's what we did. I spoke with the manager and we went over the receipt and he explained how they figured the discount, and you guys are right. What was throwing me off was that the receipt doesn't show you the final price, it shows the price per yard, the sale price per yard (if any), the price for that cut, and the amount of the discount taken. And I was reading it wrong and so my math wasn't working out right. The little minus signs all had the Joann's logo covering them up down the side of the receipt. All solved and the manger was a nice guy about it. Then I found two more boring tan/beige prints in remnants while trying to figure out where DH went.

All in all, a very good deal. Most of the pieces were on sale at ~25 or 30% off, with 63% off on top of that it came out to ~75% off the total retail value.

SD, when is the next camping trip?

Knotme, sounds like you have a lot of projects lined up for summer.

Quilt guild meeting Monday. I want to finish up this small quilt, and then step back from the machine for a day or two so I am ready for Monday. Also have a dance practice on Monday, going to be a long day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good that you went back because you found more fabric at least.
    I made a quick pair of earrings last night to go w/ one of mom's necklaces I restrung earlier (made shorter/less heavy.) I wore the necklace Thursday and wished for matching earrings..... used up my last pair of silver fish-hooks.
    Today I'm taking the cross-stitch box and audiobook to dad's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Why would anyone choose to live in New Orleans if the didn’t have to? We’ll probably get a little bit of rain. We continue to hover right at the border between less than 1” and the 1-2” band on the NOAA hurricane center projected rainfall graphic. Anything we get will mostly happen tomorrow.

It should be a housework catch up day, but I’m just not in the mood for it. Well, even less than usual. I have some quick cross stitching today. I’m to the center of the pattern which is a big merry Christmas. The lettering is three stitches wide. The pattern has a contrast color for the center stitch but I’m doing it in a solid color. It looks too stripey to me on the pattern. Of course this also makes it a lot faster. Bonus!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good to get clarification, CH. And of course more fabric. Our next reservations aren't till September. We're shoulder season campers for the most part. We might take a few short trips before that. We're very focused on catching up on stuff around here for now.

Husby took off shopping. He's going to pick up some more panels for the gh. We found 3 more that are badly cracked. No point waiting till they actually fall apart in the dead of winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hear parts of NO are lovely and steeped in history. It's a shame it is in the path of so many storms, but many coastal cities are. At least this one isn't a full blown hurricane and it is moving fast. We might get a band of rain from it Sunday.

Is anyone ever in the mood for housework?

DC, enjoy the christmas stitchery. It sounds like a nice change. I got a little piece of purple-y purple yesterday to make my cross-in-star blocks, so I will get those pieces cut out today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm supposed to be tidying up the fridge and prepping veggies we have, ahead of the stuff coming later today. But I'm not in the mood either.

I ironed on some parts for the blocks instead. At least it's some kind of progress on something. Now the fun of sewing those tiny pieces.
    2019 Stash Management-20190713_110758_1563034718212.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The worst problem New Orleans has is that it’s below sea level and sinking. Once the water floods the bowl it’s hard work to get it out. I know a lot of people love it but choosing history and tradition while sitting low between the Mississippi and Lake Ponchartrain is definitely not my style. Just call me a chicken who likes having a dry house - lol. And, of course, a lot of people really have no choice. This is going to be a very bad day for everyone near the coast.

I’m not doing much of anything but the cross stitch is beginning to call to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

power was out for a couple of hours this morning here..came on just as dh was going to make a coffee run. don't feel like doing anything woke up with allergies. kids have game near hospital so will go visit my mom. sure she is itching to get out. have my mental list of to do's before we leave on the trip. hubby just figured out how long I am gone lol and I am nice lots of food in the house. though I am sure they won't look in the freezer for premade stuff. looking for audio books etc for dd and me. ebooks etc free is better.

love all your projects ! the squares with the camper is so cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our library loans e books. I usually load up before trips and sometimes during.

The remnants of Barry were already in our local forecast last night. NOLA is in a bad spot, for sure. How many times can a place rebuild? The news was just talking about how so many people there can't afford to move.

Got the fridge tidied and most veggies dealt with, dishes in dishwasher and washed a rack full, and frozen ingredients in fridge to thaw for making dog food next week. Also cooked some pasta to put with peas and LO meatballs for a hotdish. Husby can eat it for lunch the next 2 days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

IMO it's a political and economic problem, not a geographical one. Amsterdam has been below sea level at least as long as NO, and you don't see them in the news every time a big north sea storm hits them. In fact the Dutch sent engineers after Katrina, to help with rebuilding plans and making better dikes and sea walls. What's been done? Next to nothing. Pumping water out of wet spots is ancient technology. It's been done since Roman times and they do it in 3rd world countries today. I feel sorry for the many people who cannot afford to leave or who cannot physically get out of harm's way. No doubt many aid agencies are packed and ready to move in, and the media is ready to prey on the misery and human suffering left in the storm's wake.

We de-stashed a bunch more electronics this morning. It's now possible to enter the 2nd garage bay (the other one has a car in it) and walk into the house! It still need to sweep and clean up loose trash, but it's a huge improvement.

I'm going to start ironing my new fabrics so they can be put away flat.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

True about Amsterdam. There are too many people who hold the purse strings in DC who are climate change deniers. Until their minds can be changed, money will not be allocated to help alleviate flooding and the other massive problems upcoming. Climate change is a huge issue this election cycle. Maybe if We the People make a big enough stink, progress will start to be made. I'm not optimistic though.

I got the wheels, hubs, moons, and one tree appliqued before Husby got home. Those little circles are hard to get perfectly round, as I expected. They turned out good enough though. This is a fun project so far. Long way to go yet, but it's fun so far. I might have to obsess on it for a while.

Congrats on your GROJ! (Getting Rid Of Junk.) Always a good feeling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We spent a lot of time out this morning, more than expected. Had to look through the thrift store, of course. DH bought a "new" shirt. Then we went looking for a few other things DH wanted. I didn't get started on the sewing projects until after 2pm. I know I said I was going to ignore it over the weekend, but it didn't work out this way. Finished up the donation quilt. It is ironed and ready to go. DH wore a hole in his jeans pocket, and after losing his phone for the 4th or 5th time he let me fix it. I had to take the pocket partially off to put a patch on the inside, but was able to sew it back on with orange thread just like new.

SD, with applique that small I use the hand wheel a lot. And fusible web. That's such a cute pattern.

M, glad your power wasn't out long.

They are saying now we might just get a few clouds on Monday or Tuesday, no rain from Barry. It looks like it will track up the Mississippi to Memphis now.

DC, hope your house stays dry.

Use it up, Wear it out,