2019 Stash Management - Page 96
Page 96 of 175 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2619
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally finished crochet basket. Thanks to DC for showing pictures of hers and where she got the pattern. I used
    what i had and it came out just right on yarn. i did leave off 2 rows but i still think it looks good. It is hard on the
    hands but fun. I learned the corner to corner stitch and made a scarf which i thought turned out good. I have a
    couple more projects for crochet so while I am in the groove i will keep going. Havent posted a pic for a long time
    so hope I remember.2019 Stash Management-1scarf.jpg2019 Stash Management-basket.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Excuse the big size pics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB - yes, the baskets are definitely hard in the hands. I think it’s a great pattern though. I’m glad you liked it. The scarf is nice. Another site I haven’t looked at for a long time is attic24. I love her crocheted wreaths and want to do one. Someday. Lucy the blogger has a lot of small crochet projects too. I’ve used her afghan patterns.

I ordered some fall planted bulbs for the flower bed I’m going to have redone. I got 3 allium varieties and a mixed color bag of Dutch iris. They were on sale with a 4.95 shipping code so it was an ok deal. The end away from the porch is by the window into the pantry area that I never open or open the blinds. I’m thinking of putting a trellis and vines there to shade the window from the blazing west sun.

I got the gingerbread lady on the cross stitch done yesterday. I’ll be continuing with that pattern today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A city can change a lot in 5 years. So can small towns, for that matter. Spearfish was top of our list for several years and then it got discovered by a bunch of retirement writers and ended up on a bunch of 'places to retire' lists. Available housing dried up and prices skyrocketed. It was crazy watching it happening. There were other unacceptable changes, too. Eventually we removed Spearfish from our list of potentials. What finally killed it completely was the day I asked Husby if he wanted to live there if I wasn't there, and he said no. Midwest weather includes tornados and floods in many areas, and more frequent ice storms approximately along the middle of the country, east to west. I'd rather deal with cold winters, which unfortunately are getting warmer here. Next winter will be even less of an issue because if it's cold, we generally won't have to go out if we don't want to. We talked about the southwest US for a while years ago, but they already have water issues and climate change is only going to make that worse in the near future and beyond. It took a long, long time to narrow down our list of potential retirement places. I still don't think 10 years out is too soon to start discussing it because it's a lot to consider.

EB, that's a pretty stitch for the scarf. The basket turned out very nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We set up the AAR again and I marked what needed to be marked so I know what to do with things. I generated a list of little things yet to be done. I found out the ideas I had for various problems will work out for the most part. I figured out where the zippers will go to attach the skirt to the sides of the room, so I can finish the skirt completely now. We're supposed to have miserable weather the next few days, so I'm glad we did this now. I will be able to work on things even if it's rainy and windy and stinkin' hot.

It's sure nice the AAR project isn't fighting me every ¼" of the way like the tube project. There's a lot to do to make the AAR fit and it's a big project, but it boils down to a collection of little projects I just have to slog through, most of which are fairly easy.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a productive day all around. I got one pouch and one block done at the sewing bee. We've got clouds and cooler air moving in from that storm. Not much cooler, 85 this afternoon, but a nice breeze.

One of my other hobby groups is going through some petty teenage BS, and I got an email today asking me to "pick sides". Sigh. I got over that in high school, why can't other people?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd send back what you just said, that you got over that in HS. Maybe some of them would grow up. But what do I know, considering I don't like many people to begin with.

We survived the first severe t-storm warning. More coming later, they say. We were supposed to get 60 mph winds, heavy rain, and quarter size hail, but luckily we only got gusty winds, no hail, and 1.5" of rain. Coulda been worse. It was 85 with a dew point of 79 by noon here, so it's been miserable. More of that coming, too.

Nothing done here today. I can't take the heat and setting up the AAR didn't go well. I haven't strayed far from my recliner. I did boil some eggs and wash dishes, but that's it and not crafty.

Thanks, everyone, for input about the basket fabric.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is the A/C still working? Are you going to order the circuit board?
    I need to work on audiobooks. The book I got from little free library is too scary to read before bedtime.....Karin Slaughter - I wonder if that is her real name. Interesting but I will probably avoid her books in the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I said I had valid reasons for being in both groups and I needed to think about it. Hopefully they'll cool off in a day or two. I don't see why I should suffer because of someone else's disagreement.

I'm at the point where I need to figure out my next project. I'm done with baby quilts for a while. I'm still fondling all my ugly browns and neutrals from last week, but not ready to cut them yet. I want to find the right pattern to make use of the various tones. I want to make another small purse, but maybe not right now. Hmmn, I should find my dance shoes and put some elastic on them. They were fine last year until I got out to the festival field and then they would not stay on, and I have a previous history of kicking shoes across the stage. A little black elastic will help a lot.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, the AC does not work above 80 degrees. But it cools the house overnight which is a big help. It's bearable till about 8 PM, and also knocks down the humidity, which seems to last through the day. We all think there has to be some kind of sensor on the cooling unit outside, but no one can get the info on it or find it. It's frustrating, but at least we get some relief. Right now it's 83 in here at 9:30, but should start cooling down soon.

CH, good answer. I hope you won't have to choose between the two factions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a pretty basket and scarf! ugh that is childish. even an email! normally I just unfollow or mute the group for a bit. left a parrot group yesterday on fb because there is always someone bitching at someone about what they do with their parrot. what no organic fruit etc. mute for a while comes back and then same old thing so done. downloaded a bunch of audio books and dh factory reset my tablet don't use much and it was acting up. put ebooks on my later shelf at the library so download them later

got lesson 2 from the crochet a long planet earth blanket but will start when back from trip. was cleaning up my ravelry acct they made me get a new password too. started on a lacy scarf I have done a couple times called maureen. thinking of taking one of my wips stacking blocks w me since it is small and light. we are were sound asleep even cats asleep got up to use facilities and it was 730 so had to get ds out of bed ..why does that happen sunday up early watching stranger things 3 w ds and friends. ran errands and met people all day who I haven't see for a while so lots of socializing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We’re getting wind from the south which is one of my screen porch exposures so it’s very pleasant out here this morning.

I used up extra floss last night when I had to cut out a miscounted bit. The miscount was coral, which I discovered when the nearby white started ending up in the wrong place. Cut out both. That left some coral loose on the back that I could stitch over to secure it. Check. Started putting in the white again. Nope. It was picking up invisible coral fuzz. Double sigh. Cut out the white again, did the tape trick to lift every tiny speck of coral off the fabric, front and back. Picked up the white thread and decided to heck with it. That was aggravation enough for one night. I’ll pick up there with it again today.

I listened to one of the books I got on that last two for one Audible sale. I was doubtful but it had great reviews. It turned out to be one of the best things I’ve listened to quite a while. Who would have thought it - on President Garfield! Lol. He was a remarkable man.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm looking at 19 physical books stacked up that I have not read yet, so I haven't been downloading ebooks, but amazon is my go-to for that. They have a section devoted to free books. It is not easy to find if you are not on a Kindle. Go to amazon, then select Kindle e-readers and books from the drop down in the upper left. From there select Best Sellers and More from the bar across the top. Then scroll down the page to find Kindle Best Sellers. And then there is a Top 100 and a Top 100 Free list. It is updated hourly. Mostly romances, but also self help, classic literature, cookbooks, spy thrillers, paranormal, detective stories, and sometimes religion. You can get their free e-reader, or just DL the file to your hard drive. I don't know how it would work on a phone.

DH's birthday is tomorrow. I already snuck in a small chocolate cake, but I want to get one more gift for him and it means going across town to a book store. It was an unbelievable 69* this morning and should be a nice day for a drive.

I have decided that I am not choosing between either group. If the group leaders have a problem with me participating then THEY can do the dirty work and remove me. Their loss. I'm not dropping because of what someone else thinks is appropriate.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ch, wonder if that works for Canada. Tried the free books off amazon years ago but the ereader said no to Canada. good for you telling them no. some people never grow up. was packing up stuff. don't know how everyone does it w just a backpack. all that you need to bring. realized that I need another red velvet to bring as a gift. thought I had 4 but only 3 so need to go to michaels for another one. so there is enough to make something like a cardigan if she wants.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, I wonder if those vacuum storage bags would be any help for packing and if the airlines allow them. If you could suck all the air out of yarn it would be nice and flat.

I think you're right about the groups, CH. Put it on them.

Sounds like nice weather, D. Sorry about the coral and white aggravation.

I got the trailer skirt completely done, unless something comes up in the next fitting. I still have to do some small things to the main part of the room. I think I figured out how to handle the roof gusset, too, without worrying about a level site. Have to measure some stuff first. Making progress.