2019 Stash Management - Page 97
Page 97 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Crafting may hit a slow down. I’ve been sitting in the recliner for the last hour trying to figure out what to do with furniture. I have a recliner in the bedroom I really want to get back in the living room. It’s softer than my lift recliner and would be a welcome change for my bum some days - lol. I never sit ion it where it is and it’s just a clutter magnet. To make it work though, nearly everything in the living s bed rooms will have to be shifted.

The real problem is a bench. A big 4.5 foot bench. It was a Christmas gift the first year from the next lot over neighbors, the younger one made it. It’s a knotty wood slab, very rustic. I can live with that but it’s so BIG. They are in my house often enough that giving it the boot is not an option. It was very generous and though I sound ungrateful, I’m not. It’s jy that it’s so BIG. I have few options for it in my tiny house. At any rate I’m having a hard time figuring out where to put it. This is also going to mean that every bookcase has to me unloaded and probably the cabinets since they will probably go back into the bedroom. That makes it crowded, but I can live with that in a room I only sleep in. Once I start there’s no stopping place until I’m done. I will also be so tired I’ll probably put the cross stitch aside and work on the mindless scarves.

This was definitely not in the to do list but it is now and there goes another week.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That bench sounds like a good candidate for the porch.

I got DH's book and a card,and a box from Michael's to put it in, and then had to hide it all in the trunk when DH's lunch meeting got canceled and left him with nothing to eat. I suggested we get a pizza, and went and picked him up. Got to wrap it up and hide it in the sewing room now.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m not sure the finish would stand up to it. I’ve considered doing that. Maybe I’ll text her and ask. The porch is small too, but I could fit it in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there another piece of furniture the bench could replace? A shelf maybe? Plant stand? I love furniture made from slabs with a live edge. I can understand not having room though.

Got the AAR rafter pole assembled and measured and a part of the roof ripped off so I can put in the gusset. I think I may add a temporary strap in a strategic spot, with an adjustable buckle so I can just set up the room the way it should be and then get accurate measurements. It would be easy to figure things out then. It will have to wait for cooler weather though.

Still have to add to the ground flaps, add loop tape to 2 other flaps and corresponding hook tape to the A wall, add screws to the roof side wall, run bungees to hold the side walls to the camper, and attach carabiners to some zipper pulls so the dogs won't be able to unzip them. Getting closer to done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Anyone got advice for repairing knits? DH snagged a polo style work shirt and tore a half inch long hole in the front. I'm wondering if it can be mended without showing. I think I have some thread that matches. If I stitched it up real nice by hand would it come apart in the wash?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry. I can’t help with the knit. I don’t think I’ve ever repaired anything that didn’t look repaired.

SD - nothing will exchange for it. Everything else is storage while that just sits there. With the compactness of the house, 36” doorways, and lots of windows there is little wall space. I don’t like free standing furniture much, but will have to resort to that. I can put the plants on it wherever it lands.

I got the cabinets moved and three of the four bookcases that are being shifted. I’m organizing books now. I just bought one used that I found I already had. Oops. They’ve gradually become totally disorganized. Time to get some order in them again.

I ate too much steak and only marginally regret it. Lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    Crafting may hit a slow down. I’ve been sitting in the recliner for the last hour trying to figure out what to do with furniture. I have a recliner in the bedroom I really want to get back in the living room. It’s softer than my lift recliner and would be a welcome change for my bum some days - lol. I never sit ion it where it is and it’s just a clutter magnet. To make it work though, nearly everything in the living s bed rooms will have to be shifted.

The real problem is a bench. A big 4.5 foot bench. It was a Christmas gift the first year from the next lot over neighbors, the younger one made it. It’s a knotty wood slab, very rustic. I can live with that but it’s so BIG. They are in my house often enough that giving it the boot is not an option. It was very generous and though I sound ungrateful, I’m not. It’s jy that it’s so BIG. I have few options for it in my tiny house. At any rate I’m having a hard time figuring out where to put it. This is also going to mean that every bookcase has to me unloaded and probably the cabinets since they will probably go back into the bedroom. That makes it crowded, but I can live with that in a room I only sleep in. Once I start there’s no stopping place until I’m done. I will also be so tired I’ll probably put the cross stitch aside and work on the mindless scarves.

This was definitely not in the to do list but it is now and there goes another week.
    do you have a porch to put it on?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

should have read the back posts first! mmm if it is the type of knit I am thinking of ..that is not easy to fix ..if you have a tiny crochet hook you can pull the loops back together. pull them though like the knit. I have done that before. got some things done today not much but more socializing in a way. mom is doing good. went to other library to return all the books and decided to look at the stuff for sale and they had a bunch of playaway books. in booksize cases but small mp3 size audiobooks . so book is loaded on this little player just put headphones and aaa battery in it. $1 each got 8 stephen king nora roberts etc. and can pass them on to others after. looked $40 and up each book wow. not a huge selection. maybe why not all library have them. did take them out for a trip years ago. didn't make it to michaels today.

Playaway Pre-Loaded Products

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hm, I have never seen those audiobooks before, interesting.
    I have repaired knits but it's always noticeable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks M, I don't knit or crochet so I may just have to trash the shirt. Those audio books look like a great deal for $1. Ironic that they are high tech and don't carry any sci-fi stories in their collection.

Hands are really stiff and sore today, so I don't think I'll be getting much done.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are various ideas for repairing knit fabrics on Pinterest. Here's one for a sweater, but it might work on knit fabric if you can pick up the smaller threads. Otherwise, try ironing on some fusible interfacing if the damage is not real conspicuous. Or just wear it at home. https://pin.it/g5w5iut4o4vs5z

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been reading recently about visible mending. There is some really interesting things out there, but I do not think any of them would work for a men's dress shirt. Most of them have a very casual look. I could see a fancy patch on women's dress clothes, but I do not think it would work for men's dress clothes.

I wanted to add something about free e-books. Lately I have been reading books online on a website called Wattpad. There are some pay to read stories on there, but most are free.

Unlike many other read online sites, it features many complete novels. Some of them are by amateur authors. Some are by profession authors. Some of the professional are even listed as being best selling authors. Similar to the free kindle books, they are often the first book in a long running series. The idea of course is that you would like the first one enough to buy other books in the series. Of course if you can get quite a bit of reading just going for the free books.

The books are clearly labeled as complete or ongoing so you can just get complete books. If you try an ongoing book, look for one that seems to be updated frequently. Keep in mind that sometimes and author will just upload a sample of the book to try to get you to buy more. These might be marked complete, meaning the author does not intend to post more to it.

There is significant group of translated stories from Japan, China and Korea. These tend to be structured different than US stories. Each "story" is one really long story. It is kind of the equivalent of a movie serial or soap opera in print format. Individual story arcs might have an end, but the story usually does not. One book is generally equivalent in page count to multiple books. Some times this is split into volumes that are done as individual books, but sometimes it is just one big long thing.

Lately I have been reading cozy mysteries. I normally read fantasy books, but I enjoyed reading cozy mysteries in the past. I like that each book is generally pretty self contained. In the fantasy genre, books in a series tend to be less contained. It kind of operates on the "buy the next book to see how it turns out" plan. I finished reading two amateur author books. If I wanted to be nit picky I could find lots of issues with them, but they were enjoyable reading still. I just started reading one by a professional author. I may start posting more about some of them over in the reading thread.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH signed up for Goodreads and Bookbub and says he gets more free ebooks than he can read. I just found 3 more titles I haven't read, holding up the fan. I think I'm set for a few years.

In other news, I got kicked out of the Cool Girls Club. Petty and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but hurtful none the less. I still got you guys, right?

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - right! We’ve got your back. Who needs snitty people like that?

I finished with the books about 1:30, then just gave myself some YouTube downtime until almost 3. Awakened at 7 by a longtime friend asking if it was a convenient time to visit. Uh ... but he has such a complicated schedule I seldom see him, so I told him to come on. I dozed a bit longer, then rolled out bed, cleaned the bathroom, and was just sitting down to rest a bit when he arrived. I am wiped out.

However I have to forge on with the shifting. At least moving things that have been long against walls I’m getting some housecleaning done. Behind the cabinets there was an impressive tiny spider ecosystem. I don’t know if they were babies or just a very small species. I seem to be running a spider sanctuary, but except for a very occasional large one I pretty much just let them be. There are worse things to share a house with than spiders and they only ask to be left alone.

I’m at that awkward point where I can’t move the table until I move the last bookcase, and I can’t move the bookcase until I move the chair, and I don’t really have another place to park the chair. I think I’ll start with a nap. I haven’t had nearly enough sleep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been totally uncrafty lately. That's mostly due to the heat and the rash (which is on its way of being addressed YAY). We're supposed to get some rain today into tomorrow but the heat's supposed to stick around all weekend. Sigh. The rash is so itchy it makes my skin painful so there's no way to get comfortable, especially at night when I"m trying to slip. I tried the AC for the first time in a long time (probably ever since I moved out on my own years ago) but the rash was so painfully itchy I couldn't stand it. I have forced air and the vent is right over my bed, blowing right down on me. So the next few days will be trying to catch up on my sleep.

The weekend's supposed to get almost to 100*, particularly on Saturday. So I may end up hanging out at the mall (or a movie theatre) and working on my car WIP.