2019 Stash Management - Page 98
Page 98 of 194 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, wait a minute! We ARE the Cool Girls! Damn straight we got your back! D shocked me because I thought at first she said something similar to 'snitty'. I had to reread, noticed I had misread, but decided I was right anyway. Stupid people. Their loss. We love you best anyway. (But I'm sorry they made you feel bad.) ☹️

Just got back from errands. The town was wall to wall tourists. Very busy for midweek. Good for revenue we all need.

It's supposed to storm any minute now, so I don't feel like starting anything much just in case.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had about 3 minutes of hard rain, just enough to make it more humid, and it is back to 95 out and climbing. I see Iowa is having another huge storm. I have heard from friends who travel up there regularly that you need a boat to get down many of the highways now. It's so flat there's nowhere for the water to "run off" to, it just sits.

I got to watch cement being poured this morning. They are redoing the sidewalks across the street. That's our exciting city life. I had a very zen afternoon cleaning out my little terrarium. The easter cactus got overgrown and collapsed into a rotting mess. I pulled the old plant out and took a bunch of cuttings. Put in one of the bromeliads, and another little succulent I've had in a pot for years now. Hopefully those will do well.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're sitting here watching weather warnings. We have tornadoes in the area, 2" hail, 70 mph wind not far away. We NEVER have tornadoes. We're hoping we just get the edge of this storm. It's going to be close. So far it's breezy, but otherwise quiet.

I hate this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Stay calm, have a plan. Go to the basement. Do you even have tornado sirens up there? I'm guessing not. I'm thinking it's north of you guys and not tracking your way, but I could be wrong. It looks like the comma head is headed for the border, but there could still be hail. It can be very stressful, I completely understand.

I'm thinking tomorrow might be a good day to pick up some embroidery, and remind myself why I don't do it often. I started this project about 25 years ago, and rediscovered it lately. https://img.thriftbooks.com/api/imag...8742f94574.jpg

Mmnn, yeah. Or I could pick up the wool applique.

DH liked his birthday gifts.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hope everyone is safe through the storms.

All I have done today so far is move the chair to a holding spot in the way of nearly everything. Other than that I have eaten and slept. I only got around four hours in bed last night and that was broken by a muscle spasm that took a while to ease off. I don’t know when I will acknowledge that I am just not able to do this kind of stuff anymore. I don’t like to ask the neighbors to help during the summer because they seem to spend every spare minute keeping up with all the yard/grounds work. So,in short, every time I sat down I fell asleep. That probably means I’ll be awake most of the night. I don’t have much energy to work though. I really overdid it yesterday. If I can get the chair corner cleaned and the last cubby bookcase moved, I’ll call it good. Almost everything that goes in that one is in cubby bins so it’s not the not the job that moving a wall of books and the cabinets was. I hope tomorrow I can accomplish more. It in that intolerable in between state now.

It may be good to have a break with the crafting though. I can come back to it with new enthusiasm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Be careful, D. Sounds like the worst is over though.

No basement, and the house is a double wide manufactured home. We have no safe shelter. Luckily, it looks like the really heavy stuff will miss us, for now. And now I've said that, Dish is acting up. But the severe weather watch/warning expires in 15 minutes. I'm worried about the campers and the people in the Boundary Waters. The BW is in the line of fire, and it's the height of the season. There are thousands of people out there and most won't have phone service. They won't know it's coming. Hope no one gets hurt. Earlier the weather guys kept saying if people knew people in campgrounds to call and let them know to take shelter immediately. Never heard that before. Last time we had a bad storm, they estimated 80,000 summer residents and tourists in the area, plus locals.

Sky just opened up, heavy rain now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hope everyone is ok in the storm. ch never! you are here for life or however the forums last! sounds like my basement move a cabinet discover spiders. hopefully you feel better. same with your rash r! dh is upset because he said I didn't tell him enough details about the trip when I was telling my friend. said you don't listen enough cus I have. husbands..sheesh. like who has a detailed everyday plan. she popped by on the way home from airport since she won't see me otherwise before the trip. old friend. ordered chinese since she was here. good enough excuse. nice visit. just running errands before trip so no crafting. didn't make it to michaels again maybe tomorrow..pedicure w friend and near bank so will get stuff done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like we got about ¾" of rain, most of that in about 15 minutes last night. No hail we know of. It was windy, but not especially dangerous. Pretty sure we did not get the brunt. It will be interesting to see what happened around the region. Hope no one got hurt.

It's supposed to be miserably hot and humid today. Maybe I'll get some sewing done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

martha I hope your trip goes well. I know you will be glad when it's over.
    SD I hope no more tornado warnings. I agree scary. I feel safe in the basement plus we are at the bottom of some hilly areas. Bad for rain water running downhill, but good when the wind passes over the top of the house without much force on us. Trees all around is the bigger danger.
    I'm mostly listening to the audio book (Anna Pigeon novel) and not reading the scary hardback.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, which Anna Pigeon? Love them. But it seems like listening to it would be more hair-raising than reading it. If you really want to be freaked out, read Fear Nothing and Seize the Night, which is a 2-book series, if 2 books can be a series. If you like Nevada Barr's books, you would probably like C.J. Box's Joe Picket series.

Making dog food again. By the time I'm done with that and the mess it makes, I probably won't get anything else done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to say Fear Nothing and Seize the Night are by Dean Koontz.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you made it safely through the night SD. I wondered about all those campers in the woods with no connectivity and no idea what was coming. Smart campers should know the expected weather several days out, but not everyone is smart. I have ridden out a thunderstorm in a tent that was bucking in the wind and it was not fun. It almost blew away with me in it!

Feeling better today, less achy and no headache. Thanks everyone for your support. It's nice to know someone cares.

Day two of the heat wave. It got up to 99 yesterday and did not get below 80 last night. I plan to stay home, except for a short trip to the pharmacy for some pills I need. No need for anything else right now.

JA is having another clearance sale this weekend, Sat & Sun take an additional 20% off clearance fabric and remnants. I will probably make the trip.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today is better. I got around seven hours of real, not sitting in a chair dozing, sleep and feel quite human again. Yesterday was a black hole. I did get the last cubby bookcase moved, though not all it’s contents, and just that was a struggle. Today I should get loads done. I want this finished by tomorrow. The work table is next up now that the cubbies are off it’s wall. It is piled high and it’s so heavy - the top is made from a 3x5’ piece of 1” particle board - that I have to clear it before I even attempt to move it. Happily I now have 9’ of bookcase top that can be a holding pen for all the stuff.

This isn’t a stash management post unless having too much furniture counts as a stash - lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think too much furniture is a stash management problem. *casts furtive glances around living room*

Sounds like most of the sleepless people are feeling better. Ren, it will be your turn soon.

Husby moved a very heavy pot from the front garden to the deck on the other end of the house. It has a big squash plant in it that has at least 6 blossoms on it and more than a dozen buds. I took the failing zucchini out of its cage and put the other squash in it. I hope that keeps the blossoms from being eaten. It's a summer squash, either crookneck or straightneck, so would be a good sub for zucchini. The new zucchini is growing like crazy so we might still get some of that too. I don't know why the one from the nursery won't grow. It should be huge by now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had a severe thunderstorm warning in our area last night. I got caught in it walking from the bus stop to my condo. Less than a block, but I got pretty soaked even with an umbrella. Then it transitions to just a normal rain about 10 minutes after I get home. Just bad timing.

There is a heat wave here too. I think it is most of the country.

We don't have a safe shelter here either. We live in a third floor condo unit. My workplace is pretty safe though. I have heard the building is certified as a bomb shelter.

CH, I am sorry to hear about what happened in your craft group. You will always be welcome here.

This is one of the most welcoming places I have found on line, the crafty people section especially.

Even elsewhere, I have seen a few disagreements here and there, but it is pretty good compared to many other places online. I am a lurker on the frugal reddit. There are some good posts and thought provoking ideas. However, sometimes the comments can get a bit heated. Being frugal can mean different things to different people depending on your income, level of debts, family size, cost of living in your area, health issues and other personal circumstances. There is no one size fits all. But you still have people who feel like others are not doing frugality the right way.

I am kind of a frugal moderate. In some areas I am very frugal. In other's I am not so frugal. But I tend not to talk so much our splurges here. I feel like that is more because it might make people feel bad who can't afford any splurges. It is not really out of fear that people would kick me out for not being frugal enough.

Overall, my husband and I are probably pretty frugal for our income level. As your income level goes up, so does the expectations of spending. My husband and I come from working class backgrounds. Even though we are middle class now, our tastes are mostly working class. I remember my husband talking about a business trip he took to Kansas City. He wanted to go to a BBQ place. His boss wanted to go someplace fancy. I joked with my husband that his ideal place to eat would have the words Momma, Auntie, Uncle, Grandma or Bubba somewhere in the name. He said that sounds about right.
    KathyB