2020 Stash Management - Page 101
Page 101 of 162 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2418
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some work done on my vamp afgan over the weekend but not much.

I haven't gotten a hair cut in years. It hasn't really grown much past my shoulders. I haven't been able to grow it much past where it is right now, though.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I should get my hair cut sometime soon. It's grown in rather ragged since it started falling out 2 years ago. Haven't been able to do much with it but wait for it to grow out. At least it's not in my face all the time any more. I was going to have it cut and colored in April, but, well....

Would like to do some sewing today, but it's down the list behind stuff that needs doing first. Want to catch the art tutorial, too. It's recorded, but I prefer the live stream, since you can ask questions while it is on.

SD, the hose parts are Ts and end caps for the drip system. I was hoping for some straight connectors I could use for repairs. Oh well, easy enough to get online. Cleaning out the garage I noticed the front garden hose has gone under the lawn mower. I swear... that's 3 to repair, plus the drip line.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wallpaper is down. Hubby will get paint. I ordered 3 stacking wire shelves for closets, can pick up Tuesday. I sure hope he throws some stuff away while emptying the closet. CH you reminded me to order a new hose, getting one that lengthens under pressure, easier to store. The rest of the day is mine to play around. Hot & humid outside so probably sewing-related.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I needed a haircut in February I didn't get. It's driving me nuts now. I hate hair on my eyes so have to wear a stupid hair band. I can't even cut bangs because I can't raise my left arm high enough. That's why I've been thinking evil thoughts about Husby's beard trimmer, which could shave my hair to ½".

Sorry about all the hose repair, CH. One of ours sprang a leak lately too, but luckily we have a connector to patch it, just have to get it installed.

Let me know how you like the shriveling hose, DLR. We've looked at those because we need so much hose around here, but we're skeptical.

I made the new legs for the fridge table and got that installed. Much better. The fridge is still in Husby's office defrosting, but will probably get moved later today. Husby gets all the door shelves in the new fridge for his beverages and snacks. He's making noise about buying a new bar fridge to replace the one I broke, but I hope he decides not to. We don't need 4 fridges. I suspect he'll decide it's not that big a deal to have to get out of his chair to get a can of pop.

Probably won't get much more done today. Building the legs took a toll, but I'm still happy it's done. It's a huge part of my mini kitchenette. I can't believe what we've gotten done in the cabin so far, plus moving the lilies which means we can start putting up fencing again. Our doggies have never been to the cabin, and they cry when I'm out there and they're stuck in the house. They're going to be so happy when they can come out where I am, and I'll be happy to have them. Shadow is definitely my girl so will be especially happy to be with me.

Today feels like progress. The new bookshelf isn't installed but it's in the cabin, ready to go, so I'll probably get to it soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My exotic new cut is about 1/8” or a smidgen more. So - tell hubby a 1/2” is really quite conservative- lol. I always had just a normal short haircut, neckline at the back, sensible elsewhere. In high school I had it now quite shoulder length, worn in a pageboy. Anyone but me old enough to remember those? That’s the longest it’s ever been. It was getting quite shaggy, like most other people’s during lockdown, so when it finally came off it looked like I could have stuffed a small cushion with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is below shoulder length now, which is long for me anymore. It used to be waist length but I got tired of taking care of it. Usually I get it cut to my neck, because I only cut it once or twice a yr. ⅛" would be really short! But very freeing, and you'll save money on shampoo.

Fridge is back in my office! Table is rock solid. I already moved in 3 cans of tomato juice and 6 cans of pop, but won't plug in the fridge and fan till tomorrow. I love not having the micro stacked on the fridge so it's all in front of the light switches, now that I finally have a light and therefore a use for the switch. Love that too.

Progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free shipping at joann today, I am ordering sheets of plastic canvas. It has its uses, I want to make some baskets for organizing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Free shipping at joann today, I am ordering sheets of plastic canvas. It has its uses, I want to make some baskets for organizing.
    I've been looking at similar patterns. I found a fabric box/tray. It is lined with felt, and I am not sure it will be sturdy. Another one only has interfacing. They must be meant more for decoration than use. I'm also looking at ideas to use up zippers. I have seen some interesting small pouches that could be made with scraps or fat quarters. Trying to avoid buying more stuff.

Finished the baby quilt for donation today. On to the larger one with random fabric I showed earlier. It is partly sewn and ironed. Tomorrow I can lay it out on the bed and sew it while DH works.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m putting away Mini Sheep. I got to 29.46%. The fabric for the cat lady is still showing delivery tomorrow. If it comes I’ll grid a starting area of that and jump in. If not, I‘be got plenty of “just stuff” to fill more than a day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Stash Management-image.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have long hair, but I find it pretty easy to deal with. Maybe because it pretty thin. I sometimes think it would be nice to have thick hair because I think it looks better. But thinner hair is easier to comb and dries quicker. It is probably less hot in summer.

I just comb it and put it in a ponytail. If it is really hot or windy I just roll it up and wrap a scrunchy around it. Very low maintenance.

I have tried putting decorative things in my hair. But if the decoration is too big it tends to overwhelm my hair. I play around with it once and a while.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A close up of my work in progress. This is another pants to skirt conversion. Generally speaking this creates a really long slit. So I want something to fill at least part of the slit.

In this case the pants are the plain brown and the pattern fabric was a scarf with raggedy edges. I decided to hand sew it in. I like hand sewing. Also the pattern fabric is stretchy and I was having trouble getting it pinned in securely.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200623_141500216_1592936545279.jpg

I am also thinking of the next skirt. I have three costume pants I think I can get two skirts each out of. They are the samurai style pants you sometime see in period setting Japanese shows. The legs are really wide. I think I can get a skirt out of each leg.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yep. Fabric will be late. I think I can find a few other things to keep me busy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy, I have fine hair, too. And pulling it back in a pony tail or a barrette/clip is really easy. I recently picked up a hair band that I can use as a mask if necessary. I may go back to the store I got it from and pick up another color.

It's hot and muggy out now. Feels like we went from mid-spring to full-on summer practically over night. I don't mind the heat so long as the humidity is low. Sigh. So I'm probably either going to put the crocheting on hold or switch over to the lapgan since it won't cover my legs as much. I do love the vamp afgan but it's still a full sized afgan. It's starting to cover my lap and in this heat, will be too annoying to deal with. (The yarn may be fingering weight but it is a wool-nylon blend.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, sorry to hear about the late fabric. Your sheep project is coming out very nice.

I ordered some hobby supplies one month ago today, and they have not shipped. It was a warehouse clearance and the price was very much reduced. They say on their FB page they only have 1-3 people working because of covid. I have a tracking number dated June 3, but it has not shipped. They said they oversold, and some people have been refunded, so I guess I am lucky I will be getting it someday.

I have the quilt laid out on the bed and about ten extra blocks. I have to look at the insitructions again. I thought I had the correct number of rows. A row is 6 blocks, so even if I added one, I still have too many. Or not enough?

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes big projects and heat don't go together. love the trees in the sheep cross stitch.

think pageboys are called bobs now. took me years to call kangeroo jackets hoodies lol just ones of those things. I have fine hair but it is really thick and soft so buns, ponytails nope. used to grow an inch a month but no more. not as thick as before but still people are surprised at hairdressers how much comes off when I get a cut even if an inch or so. razored etc. we all have it ..from my mom. she loves perms 4hr to 5hrs it takes her to have one.

fabricland still has bogo sales on fabric going on so maybe later this week. just working on the one wip I want done and think of a couple so small projects for summer that I have yarn for like harry potter sorting hat.