2020 Stash Management - Page 102
Page 102 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2662
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made dividers for a storage box from plastic canvas. It worked great for my purpose but would have been too flimsy by itself. I wonder if doubling the canvas would help.

Sorry about the delayed fabric, D. I love the colors in Mini Sheep.

We got odds and ends done here this morning, mostly Husby. He and I watered everything. I fertilized the tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cukes. Everyone is thriving. We have a couple peas and beans peaking out now. I hope the rest come up. It was cold so late this yr they couldn't be planted. Husby finally weed whacked around our forlorn camper. We put up the new plastic sleeve for newspaper delivery. He was all gung ho to work on the cabin shelves but I wasn't up for it. I did draw up plans for the new shelves and plugged in my office fridge, but that's about it.

Husby is giving me a Howard Cosell of a house fire in town that's live streaming. Lots of older houses here are very close together, like 2 or 3 ft apart. He just said the ones on either side are fully engulfed now and it looks like all 3 will be gone. Hope FD can stop it there. Horrible. It's so dry here right now. We have a rainfall deficit of 6" so we're living in a tinderbox. Scary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, peas and beans are peeking out, not peaking. BIG difference!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Being between projects today I was going to get so much done around the house. Nope. I have done pretty close to nothing. It’s nice just to have a down day though now and then. I’ve mostly just entertained myself on the phone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did another batch of overdyed thread this week. These threads started out yellow and light orange. I overdyed with orange and yellow fabric paint. The closest color to orange was called russet. It is a darker orange. Mixing it with yellow in the future might give me a brighter orange. On the other hand that color might look good overdyed on tan or light to medium brown.

This is the thread loose and wound on cards.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200623_140631036_1593008601408.jpg
    2020 Stash Management-img_20200624_100016958_1593008616399.jpg

This week and next week I have a bunch of office wide virtual training. It looks like it will be lots of live presentations of people talking about what their office does. This is actually pretty useful since we had a reorganization a year and a half ago and I am still not that familiar with what some of the "new" offices do.

I may take some notes, but I am thinking that this will be a bit of time where I can stitch and listen. In a normal office setting it is not too acceptable to stitch and listen at meeting. But virtual meetings no one will know. Small meetings I have to have my camera on. But for big meetings it is not a factor.

A cynical part of me thinks that if stitching was a stereotypically male thing everyone would accept that you can stitch and pay attention in meetings at the same time.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy I think you are right. Knitting or crochet would be acceptable too. Like people checking their phones constantly.
    I made liquid soap from bar. So very proud of my ability to follow directions.....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pretty colors Kathy. DH has been doing a lot of virtual training, too. He spends a lot of his time waiting for people to finish their work and send it to him.

I got 6 of 16 rows on the quilt done yesterday before my eyes started to get tired. That and the cat got interested. Since I had the strips in the bed I had to keep her out as I was going back and forth from bedroom to sewing room with each strip. This is without doubt the ugliest quilt I have ever sewn. To be sure I have used ugly fabric before, but I usually do something interesting with it.

I had a crazy dream with you all in it! We had agreed to a meet-up, in Massachusetts of all places. Surely the least convenient for most everyone here. A bunch of us were sitting around a large table in a restaurant, having lunch and talking. I noticed someone off to the side, in a lounge area, crocheting, with big balls of yarn stuffed down the sides of the chair. Then, as I looked closer, I noticed she had extremely short hair. I thought this must be DC! So I went over and introduced myself, and it was her! She said she was having so much fun with her crochet she didn't want to interrupt our lunch. So as were were all finishing up I suggested we go down to the fabric and craft store up the street. I stopped to get my leftovers put in a doggie bag, while everyone else went out to their cars. I got outside only a minute later and everyone had gone home. I was very sad.

Anyway, lots of stuff to do today. Probably won't get back to the ugly quilt soon.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still plugging away here. I would love to be able to sew, but my machine is in the den where DH has set up to work from home so I can't be sewing in there too. I would do it at the kitchen table, but my grandkids would mess with it, especially baby H who had learned he has teeth to use and uses them. so I crochet right now and have been plugging away at that. I have several dishcloths completed and have used up 3 or 4 smaller skeins of the crochet cotton. I may need to make a couple more masks. I only made one in March and I thinking I may need more than just the one. I have been able to get lots of walking in too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - thatís hilarious. I will be forever notorious for my edgy haircut - lol.

Fabric is still MIA. and, oh no!, on the last day of a HAED sale that I have virtuously resisted, there is a new release. A mini version of the #1 pattern on my coveted list. The regular was just too big. Really big. I considered ordering a mini made, but didnít know if the expressions would come through. Now Iíve seen it and it is ok. The big one would be better but it is out of the question. Iím not into fairies but I think this one is funny. Itís a 35% off sale, not 50%, but still only 7.80. Thatís worth it for a pattern I have wanted to do since the original was first released. I am definitely going to start this one now instead of cat lady. So today will be getting floss ready. I hope I have fabric, but if not I will use the cat lady piece when it shows up. Itís an antique white so would be good for this one without a background. Itís called ďAttitudeĒ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Stash Management-7cc50e65-dffe-4d6e-9e1e-c04d71ba5083.jpeg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I sewed blocks together into a 20"X20" piece. I laid out borders and additional blocks to add 12" all around. It is mainly red, white and blue. Thinking about backing it but no batting to use for a "tablecloth" on the folding card table (which is navy). Need to check the table size. When we ate outside on the "patio" last week I put a small quilt on the table but with the batting it didn't work too well for that use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa- that sounds like a good idea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm curious what we all looked like in your dream, CH. I hope I was thin, beautiful, and 25!

I love the fairy pattern, D. Gorgeous!

We did odds and ends today. Husby built another terrace and will probably move part of the lily clump into it tomorrow. I emptied the temporary table garden and Husby moved the dirt from it into the new terrace. We assessed the rockfall at the foot of the embankment and decided the rocks have been there for yrs and are now, in effect, a sort of retaining wall. We rarely walk back there, so we decided to leave well enough alone and save a lot of backbreaking work moving rocks. We can squeeze by the biggest rock and the dogs won't have any trouble. I think we will need to do one or 2 more small terraces and move the rest of the clump. Then we will be out of lilies. It looks like we will have just enough. I hope they thrive and spread because we need to stop the erosion behind the garage.

Husby moved the table garden by himself. ☹️ It killed me not to help. Moving that will give the cucmbers more light, because they were growing in shade from the table. Hope they take off.

I scared up 3 cat litter jugs to use for storage containers in a wall cabinet I was going to remove from the cabin storage room. I was looking for more jugs and came across the 5 gallon jug we used for a gray water container for the camper. It got cracked on the top and we retired it, but I figured it would come in handy again sometime. Today was the day! It's about twice the size of the jugs and fits perfectly in the cabinet with them. I cut the top off of it and got it cleaned up and ready. We have a tote full of camper stuff that gets removed every fall and put in a tote. In the spring, we put it back in. I think the new containers will hold almost all of it, so that will be a good use of the containers and I won't have to remove the cabinet. I can then use the tote for other camping stuff out there.

I took a bunch of measurements today and did some more planning of the camping shelves, so that project is in progress. Sort of.

I wrote a little. Not much, but it's a start.

I figured out a few weeks ago why the chives in my sink garden weren't doing anything, in theory. Every yr, we have a stubborn chive plant that grows in the crack between our bottom step and landing. It always grows beautifully. It finally occurred to me it's sheltered from the hot afternoon sun but gets lots of morning sun. I moved the sink garden against the house where it now has similar light conditions and those chives have gone from yellow and stunted to tall, green, lush, and flowering. I'm happy, because not being able to grow good chives except by accident made me feel like a worse gardening failure than usual. Now I'm starting to think maybe the table garden should be up on the deck next to the chives. Maybe I could actually grow radishes for a change. I'm thinking happy thoughts about locating planters along the east wall of the garage, too. Maybe we'll figure out this gardening stuff yet *said the eternal optimist.*

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, it was a little dark in the restaurant, so I didn't get a good look at everybody, but I knew it was you guys.

Well, I hope I haven't killed another herb plant by putting my chives in the afternoon sun. I guess I'll know by August.

Dlr, yeah quilts make lumpy tablecloths, unless you quilt them heavily with close together stitching.

I bought myself new magnifying eye glasses at the hardware store today. They look pretty nerdy but I can see to thread a needle again.

DC, that dragon pattern is pretty cute.

Knotme, glad to hear you are getting some small projects done at least.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, since the dream restaurant was dark, I'll have you know I actually am thin, beautiful, and 25. 😄 Also happy to have shared a meal with all of you through astral projection. Let's do it again sometime.

Hope your chives do well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol yes it was my 25 yr old body too before kids! but I wouldn't run off ! maybe it was a mix of desires... you talk to us online but then in real life you don't get the same craft outlet now w the virus. though would be nice to met and share a meal. I love that dragon! When I watch metv old shows..they have those order now things and one was magnifying glasses w lights on the sides to help too and was tempted last time to order them.

hot sun doesn't work well no matter what they say on the packs of seeds. we get it in the front from sunrise to it moves to the back of the house.. stuff in the back goes great not so much in the front. have to say don't know if it is the flower plants I bought or the dirt I got.. they aren't doing well and some disappeared yet the baskets I bought from same place are doing great. marigolds , petunias etc all dying or not growing. nothing is happening w the seeds I planted either yet. but then all the maple spinners are coming down now too all over the garden and the boys didn't get all the trees growing from the last batch.

think I will start on the pillow w the bobble yarn I got ages ago. just a simple dlbe stitch in white w the bobble popping though it. the white yarn got ages ago too. small not hot thing to do. not that I need another wip but ....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have another X-stitch Christmas ornament kit that I really don't want to do (have nearly finished one already - too ambitious). I realized I can just take the kit apart, label all the floss, iron the Aida and store the instructions in my 3-ring binder. Use the floss and fabric for other projects. (Light bulb moment, this is the stuff I think about while walking the dog.) I have another ornament kit featuring birds and metallic floss. I would like stitching the birds but skip the metallic.