2020 Stash Management - Page 103
Page 103 of 180 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2690
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Loved the dream!

I was able to get some work done on the vamp afgan last night since the humidity wasn't so bad. I don't mind the heat so much if the humidity is low. I've also snuck in some crocheting during zoom meetings and trainings since working from home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Massachusetts is great, but next time let’s meet in Hawaii.

The package is still inching its way toward me. It got to Shreveport yesterday, and today has left the distribution center. It may make it tomorrow. Now it doesn’t matter though since I’m doing the new dragon instead. I’m going to have to order some DMC eventually. I’m having to steal floss from other projects to kit up the dragon and can’t come up with 02 at all. I know I’m not out of it, but can’t figure out where it would be. I’ve decided since this one doesn’t have a background I need to do it in full cross so the edges and single lines look better. I’m still debating whether to use white or my go to pale gray. I have both in the stash. I laid the floss on them and both will be ok, but I’m leaning toward white to keep it warmer and brighter.

It’s raining here at present. I don’t know how long it will last.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We, meaning mostly Husby, got the last terraces built and lilies moved. FINALLY! Umptymillion yrs later. We used up every inch of the old telephone pole crossarms including the ones half rotted. I bought 40 of them for $1 each about 25 yrs ago and we built all kinds of raised gardens with them. When we started ripping them out for getting rotted, I saved them for the lily project. They should last long enough to allow the lilies to spread, and by the time they're completely gone they shouldn't be needed anymore.

I got the lily sets cheap on eBay about 25 yrs ago too. Lucky, because they're way expensive now. We kept back about 2 square feet of lilies in case we need to replace some next spring. If not, they will be fine where they are.

Since we reused the crossarms and lilies, those were free and saved us hundreds. Our actual costs were short fence posts, $2 each on sale, about 36 of them IIRC, plus dirt. I don't know what that cost because I don't know what we used. We were getting it for about $2/bag and probably used at least 100 bags. Not a bad price to try to keep a 60w x 10h embankment in place. I sure hope it works.

We also saved because we didn't have to haul 40 ten foot crossarms to the dump and pay dump fees, plus they will break down and go back to the Earth instead of being entombed in a landfill. Double win.

So relieved to have this big, big job done. It's not pretty but doesn't need to be. Husby did a great job considering how steep it is and the materials we had to work with. It wasn't the safest job so I'm grateful he didn't get hurt.

Very glad we had just exactly enough dirt to finish so we don't have to go get more. Next spring though, we'll need at least one truckload. That's when we'll be able to put everything in place and do some garden construction, plus fill up all our big dryer drums I've been collecting. It's going to be so much fun!

Now we can start getting the fencing back up. For this yr, it's going to be the fast and dirty version. If I'm up to it, we can build some nice panels next yr.

I figured out how to adapt the potting bench to the giant steel electrical panel box I salvaged a few yrs ago. I set that up last yr very temporarily. It looks terrible as is so the potting bench will be a big upgrade for it. I just hope I can get something to grow in it. That might be a spring project. Don't know yet. It's late in the year to try growing anything in it anyway. But I hope I can figure out how to get it set up and ready for dirt yet this yr. I want it to be nice so that might take some time.

Can't believe we finally wrapped up that huge project. It's a big weight lifted to be able to actually plan the garden layout now. I've been waiting for that for 5 yrs, since we bought the greenhouse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I found out today that having a family member that is high risk will be a factor in when you have to return to work. I am relieved to hear that since my husband is high risk.

They are still working on the details for that though. In theory we could be moving into phase three in less than two weeks.

I am making good progress on my skirt. I think it will be finished by the end of this training period.

I am putting in for some online training in Rosetta Stone. That is a foreign language learning program. I think it may be another good stich and learn thing. That is another chance to broaden my learning while work is slow. 😉
    KathyB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The garden update sounds beautiful, SD. It must feel great to have accomplished that.

DC, sure, next time we meet in someone's dream, let's get a large bungalow on a private beach, and have someone come in and do the cleaning and cooking while we're there.

We could use a good rain, it's hot and hazy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We sure need rain here.

I got a call from the dentist about a cancellation, so I went. Didn't want to but no point putting it off. They were full of good news so I don't have to go back now till January. Maybe I'm finally getting to the end of my periodontal issues.

I finally remembered we needed to buy a board to replace a rotted railing on our deck, so we picked that up and came home, no other shopping.

As we were leaving, we noticed our dock area had been vandalized again. We stopped to look at it when we came home, and found this. 2020 Stash Management-20200625_163803_1593122401192.jpg
    We investigated further and after discovery of some damning clues, we were able to deduce with a fair degree of certainty who the culprit was. This particular clue was especially indicative of the guilty party's identity.
    2020 Stash Management-20200625_163945_1593122555070.jpg

We're pretty impressed with the skills of this menace to society, because he (or she) managed to drop a 40', 8" diameter tree right between the fire hydrant and the dock without any damage to either. Good thing our bikes are still hanging in the garage. They would have both been creamed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sheesh what are they going to do with that tree now it's on the ground?
    This is the R/W/B top, size is 32" square which is the size of the card table top.
    2020 Stash Management-img_1039.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like your tablecloth. The pattern seems perfect for a card table.

The destructive thief will strip all the small branches off the tree and take them to their lodge first. There are 2 lodges on our lake, both at least a half mile away in opposite directions. The last time they mowed down a big tree here, it took about 4 days before it was completely gone. The cleanup crew doesn't mess around. We're going to watch and see what they get done every day.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That will be a pretty table topper for July, Dlr.

SD, are the dogs going to be watching, too?

Got to spend some time in the basement today. Opened one box, no place to put stuff. Cut down two other empty boxes. DH hasn't switched to the electronic table top, so it is in the middle of the floor. Trying to set up on the hobby table, still trying to find all my tools and stuff. I want to relax and paint, but can't find my palette.... I did get some more organizing done in the garage, we can find our cans of spray paint and sealer now.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The dogs probably won't notice any activity by the lake because it's too far from the house. We're curious to see what the beavers got done overnight, if anything. We're sure hoping they don't wait too long to get that tree out of there. We can't get to our dock the way it is now, and we don't want to clean up the tree. But beavers are great sawyers and swampers, so we're pretty sure they'll take care of it.

It's raining but we're not supposed to get much. Storms later, maybe.

Not sure what's on our agenda today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The top needs another 1" all around to cover the card table. I have about 4 yards of denim fabric (gifted) can use for backing, it will be good and sturdy. Will make some sort of ties to go around the legs and tie down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a cute table topper! yes a chef and cleaner is a must! and craft gift baskets lol who needs wine and chocs! Wow that is fun to watch the beavers as long as they don't wreck your stuff.

not much crafting wise unless clean up. did pop into fabricland yesterday but since I was w my mom and dd ..couldn't look long so need to go back. major sales. plus wearing a mask (have too there) too hard to breathe w allergies going. so will go later by myself..sale ends at the end of the month. they have a area of $2 a meter fabric and saw some I liked. striped thick and thin ones..of course what would I do with it! looks like pillow or something fabric. and more that have no idea what I want I would do with it but have been eyeballing for months and now... like tulle w pearls sew in it. no idea what I would do with it. dd and her friend made more capes out of the fleece.

wow been working on the this post for over half an hour. ph calls..more popular this morning then any other time this week. of course cus I wanted to sleep in. ds has a friend who is early riser..that one teen..like no ds is not up why would you think he was. not as bad as some of his friends but still not up before 10. popped my allergy pill told the cats enough w the in and out. you know want to go out and then just sit in the door. need to wash the afghan on the couch too. one thing about hot weather brings out all the funky smells esp pets. need to defur the house too before sunday bbq. and clean up. and get dd to clean up.. fleece bits everywhere downstairs.

now coffee and hallmark movie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn’t finally get to the new cross stitch until about 10:00 last night. After i finished getting all the floss settled, I took some time to grid the starting area. A lot of time. I’m using that Sulky Sliver thread that works great but it’s a huge pain to sew with. It’s like tinsel and super slippery, but the needle won’t pierce it while I’m stitching and it slides right out.

After a few pokey full cross stitches, I went back to half cross. I can do a full at the edge if there’s anywhere they half cross look weird. This is close to 50,000 stitches so half cross is my best friend. It also looks like this one may be the black hole of confetti, always a danger when a big pattern is reduced to a mini.

We got a nice gentle rain, really more of a drizzle, off and on yesterday, perfect for the new garden plantings.

The fabric for cat lady is out for delivery and should be here soon. It ships from Utah, so passing through points west it’s no wonder it has been delayed, given how they’re getting pounded by the virus out there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the new bookshelf up in my office, so that's done. Also cut down the shelves that sit on the floor under it. If I can get the Pot working, my office bathroom will be done.

I decided my novel outline was insufficient, so I rewrote it into an entire synopsis. Maybe I won't confuse myself so much now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I culled some fabric from the stash yesterday. Sharon knows people who are sewing masks, some for teachers if I remember. It will do more good on faces than on my shelves. It will probably be up picked tomorrow.

Today is a what-was-I-thinking day. Some time ago I bought the big pasta shells to stuff. I don’t like to cook. Why would I want to do something that fiddly? I’ve been putting it off but I have use the ricotta soon. So I got out a ziplock, my trusty kitchen hammer, and cracked up the shells, added other odds and ends of pasta, and cooked it while I ate breakfast. I also need to use up some cooked chicken, so I’ll dice that, mix with cheeses and sauce, mix in the pasta, call it good and freeze most it. I’ll just think of it as really ugly lasagna.

After that, catching up on dishes and generally cleaning the kitchen, it’s a cross stitch day. Any other boring work can wait.