2020 Stash Management - Page 106
Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1625
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The thread has been busy while Iíve been mostly idling my time away.

I got to just over 5% done on Attitude and took it off the hoop yesterday. That one definitely needs to be done in small increments. I took out the hybiscus but may or may not work on it. Iíve been stitching very intensively for several weeks and may just need a short break. I think this will be a no goals, play it by ear sort of week. Iím putting my DMC stash on the key tags and will probably spend some time on that this week. Itís basically busy work but easy and relaxing, and I will be glad to have it done. Iím just starting the 500ís so have a long way to go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taxes are done. It looks like we'll still be waiting for our $4,000 refund we were promised for last year. We owe the feds $8, in fact.

The shrimp salad was yummy. I'll make that again if I can keep track of the recipe. I made it with ramen noodles but I think it would be better with brown rice, so will try that next time. It's easy to add lots of veggies to it and it's still a nice light summer meal.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Getting out was nice. Having lunch in a nearly empty restaurant was nice. The clouds are starting to clear off and it got bright, sunny, and hot, though we still have a good deal of dusty haze.

JA was fairly busy at the cutting counter. I was lurking at the remnant bin near there and overheard that they are keeping elastic by-the-yard behind the counter now, and they are nearly out of muslin, only remnants left. About half the quilt fabric shelves are empty. Only the upper half of the displays have fabric on them. Fat quarters are nearly gone. They had some really delicious special occasion fabric (velvet, sequins, embroidered, etc) for half price, but still too much for something I don't have a plan for.

Some other areas of the store looked less stocked than normal. I think they are not getting as much stuff from china as they used to. I saw whole aisles with empty shelves. Then again, it is about time for christmas stuff to go out.

There were no quilt fabric remnants. I don't know if they are just flying off the shelves, or if they are not bothering to roll and mark them since quilt cotton seems to be selling so quickly. If they were less busy I might have asked. I feel no guilt or shame for the mounds of quilt fabric remnants in my stash now.

I feel ready to tackle a few projects now.

Forgot to take the donation boxes with me, but put them in the car when I got home. So at least I will have them next time I am out or see a place that is accepting stuff.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes weight gain and junk food... have gained too. and my body reminds me I am not a teen after binging at night. hawkins cheezies...corn chips reg chips. ice cream cookies... and allergy pills make me crave sugar too. at least my job makes me have some exercise. did get a ww cookbook years ago but never used it should look in it.

that is a steep terrace! hopefully the lilies spread fast so you don't have to worry about the rocks. that was a big job. yes as ch says have to baby that arm and find out what you can and can't do. long haul thing.

yes getting out helps but depends on your area and what is going on. we have booked a couple getaways a few hours away. though dr henry said travel not until within province now. lots of people have been and things are opening up. not across borders. long term care homes can have visitors now w restrictions if the home has no cases. she said the mental health of patients is important. of course everything is wait and see if things get better then of course less restrictions. main movie theaters opening this weekend

haven't done much...dd grad bbq w friends and neighbours was good decorated and got her too. kids played video games. all people we see and not that many people. put away the extra decor for ds grad lol may as well doesn't say 2020 on it. Canada day tomorrow so got out that decor ..just flag etc for that to put up today. just has been work, kids, shopping etc for the last few days.

has been hot but today is rain and sun and driving my sinuses nuts so feeling dizzy ..did a diff allergy pill but doesn't seem to do much. was going to go to fabricland..only a few mins away but don't feel like driving. maybe I can get dh to drive me later though he is now picking up their cousin too. last day of really good sale. so will see. did work on one project for a little while and found more projects to do lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have about 3 ft of WW cookbooks, most less than 10 yrs old. Anything older is basically useless. WW keeps up with the science of weight loss and nutrition and does a lot of their own research. They've moved away from the carb-heavy recipes that used to be considered healthy and now incorporate many elements of the Mediterranean diet, a big improvement. They also now use mostly fresh foods, whole foods, and not much "diet" food anymore. Their recipes used to be horrible. Now we eat more WW recipes than anything because it's such good food.

We got the new drawers for the camping stuff washed up so I can start sorting little stuff into them.

I finally gave up on the idea of making a sewing machine mat for my diet buddy. I just can't make myself get enthused about sewing. Maybe by Christmas it won't hurt.

I do have some sewing I can't avoid though.

I want to get the pot rack shelf put together and finally get the sealer on it. It'll be nice to finally get that done so I can use it for more food storage

It's hot and sticky again, so we probably won't get much done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's very cool here today so I will try and get some gardening done and then see what energy I have left. I want to get started on the binding for the purple quilt. Also bring a few small boxes into the house. I have a pile of paper from 2012 to look at and burn. Sounds like a busy day already.

WW has some good recipes, but it's not my only source. Most of the time I don't need a recipe, we'll have a piece of baked chicken, a fresh vegetable and a little rice or a baked potato. Simple, plain food.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't use recipes all the time either, but I need guidance or I gain weight. Recipes give me exact measurements so I don't lie to myself about how much I'm eating. Winging it helped me get into this mess. If a little cheese is good, way more is way better, after all. With a recipe, I'm more likely to only add veggies with wild abandon.

I took a neglected jade plant out to the gh to repot. Somehow we ended up rearranging the furniture out there so the tomatoes get more light. Then since it's so nice and warm and muggy and miserable, we decided to replace the rotted deck rail. The dang thing got dropped and broken, resulting in a miscut of the new one since I had to use the old one for a pattern because it's a weird shape. Some swearing later, I managed to fudge it and make it work because we agreed we weren't paying another $18 for a different dang board. At least it's done now. We can probably use the old board for a small terrace if it ever rains again and we still see erosion. I've never seen a pressure treated board disintegrate like that old one did. Weird.

So much for not doing anything today. I sorted some more camping stuff, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

don't think the book is that old. did sign up for ww a few years ago but didn't do it. family not as fussy now ..would have had to two dinners or three dinners ... really need someone to cook for me lol never went to fabricland ..dh forgot he had a dentist appt at 4 and got a call so rearranged....he was at a year end work do. so he got cousin dropped her off and went to dentist. was good deals wanted the bogo patches but always another sale.

Canada day and watching the latest aurora teagarden mystery. we don't get the new hallmarks movies for a while after they come out. woke up with bad sinuses so just popped an allergy pill. feel like we should do something but ... meah .. dh got csa so have greens to use up soon. overcast and cool so really no drive to go outside. feels like a friday.

kept seeing new mandala yarn colours from lion brand but being good! helps that they don't tickle my fancy that much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I mostly worked on the floss project yesterday. I got through 500, 600, and about half of 700. I am very or out of a surprising number of the 600s since they are colors I always think I don’t use much. However my patterns seem to be using a lot. One reason I want to get this reorganization finished is so I can get a list of what I really need. I can’t remember when I last did an inventory of DMC. today will mostly be just more of the same. I should be able to get at least partially through the 900s if I stick with it. That means finding a really interesting audiobook after I finish the one I listening to now on the sinking of the El Faro.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Argh!! I'm convinced that the moment it rains, the landscapers rush to my apartment complex to cut the grass or trim the bushes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by renmerc446 View Post
    Argh!! I'm convinced that the moment it rains, the landscapers rush to my apartment complex to cut the grass or trim the bushes.
    yes lol or here cut grass early in morning or late.. and they could do it at a reasonable time. or build something. at least the neighbours stopped the 7pm car alarms.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everybody can eat WW meals. They're made from normal ingredients. It's mostly about portions anyway. I eat my controlled portion, Husby eats as much as he wants since he's never had a weight problem. Or he eats the WW size portion but adds a dessert or larger helping of a side dish.

I think we might have decided, finally, to give a new guy one chance to fix our stupid heat pump. We've been without reliable AC for at least 7 yrs now, I think. What good is AC if it only cools when temp is below 75 degrees? It's so frustrating no one has been able to fix it. The fact it cools seems to indicate the compressor works okay. People seem to think it might be a sensor, but no one can find it. All I know is I'm sick of being miserable in my own house. Enough already.

No bear yesterday, that we saw anyway. The bear alarms both went off but we didn't have a visitor. I hope it moved on.

Burgers on the grill for supper. Should be tasty, with onion and tomato and hot catsup. I should make some coleslaw but I'm hot and lazy. Brussels sprouts cooked in the bag in the micro will do just fine. Potato chips, too. We don't grill enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's a prettystring quilt I gound while looking for coleslaw. 😄
    https://pin.it/2y7M0M8

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeesh. Way to not proofread. I was too busy worrying if the linky would work. LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Here's a prettystring quilt I gound while looking for coleslaw.
    https://pin.it/2y7M0M8
    Pinterest does show the oddest things at times. That looks like a good way to use a mound of scraps, especially if you have bright colors. Though I do like the blue one, and the neon bright one.

Have not done any sewing today. Watched an art video this morning, then DH brought in some stuff from the trailer. Been trying to cram things back into Pandora's Box.

Use it up, Wear it out,