2020 Stash Management - Page 12
Page 12 of 178 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay! My car is fixed. Even the cashier at the dealership where I got the work done said the price for fixing it was better than having a car payment. Good thing is, this car hasn't needed much in the way of repairs. Basically just had to replace the brakes and the thermostat before this. Not bad for a 14 year old car. Of course, standard maintenance such as regular oil changes do add up but that's nothing like having regular car payments on top of that.

Anyway, I'm nearly done with skein 3of9 on the navy afgan. I should finish it tonight and start skein #4of9. I've been able to get some work done on this afgan in the mornings before work occasionally as well, when I can't seem to stay in bed as long as I'd prefer. Oh well. That happens mostly during the week, which isn't so bad. On the weekends, I normally just roll over and go back to sleep. Sigh. Probably not this Saturday. I still need to go get the car inspected since it decided to die right before I got it done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It has been a bit of a rough day for me. I was at the dentist and had a lot of work done. Six or seven teeth I think. The good news is that the whole dental ordeal is almost over. As soon as the permanent crowns for this batch come in it will be done.

Today I logged on to my work retirement fund and transferred my funds to a "balanced" fund. It will earn less interest, but the risks will be less. The high risk fund has been good to me. Part of me regrets leaving it, but getting closer to retirement my husband is pressuring me to go more conservative with investments.

Well I did just transfer after a really good year. So that helped a lot.

In crafting I am working on the stem and leaves for some flower embroidery. My fill in stitches are a bit wonky. The shapes are more irregular. That makes it trickier.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got the utility room finished last night - finally. All I’ve done today is catch up with some dishes. Later I’ll do more in the kitchen while I cook supper, but that’s it for the day.

The thread has still not arrived from China. I’m thinking I will send another order to kit up a couple of patterns. I would think it might be the seller if he hadn’t been recommended as excellent on the cross stitch group. He has been good to communicate with and I’m sure it’s a mail issue, hung up somewhere in the system or lost. He extended the shipment guarantee for two months. I hope it eventually shows up. If not it will be refunded or sent again.

Heaven and Earth Designs is having a half price sale for a few days. So far I have been strong but the little devil on my shoulder keeps reminding me of a couple of things in my wish list - Lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD and knotme good work using up all those scraps. Glad your car is fixed ren. Glad the dental work is almost over Kathy.
    I have a list of projects I want to work on but no time right now. Next week will be better. Probably the best use of my time this week is to put things away and file papers. A lot of stuff from the office has come home and needs to be sorted and stored. Also a bunch of dog club paperwork I have never done before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished skein #3of9 and started skein #4of9 on the navy afgan last night. With the long weekend and potential snow Saturday evening, I'm probably just going to stay home and work on more crocheting.

I do need to start clearing out the junk in my car but I can do that a little at a time, though. I also need to declutter my apartment but that is another a little at a time project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I bought no patterns. Yeah me! Iím also not going to order the CXC. I have plenty of other stuff to do. Two orders with one astray could be confusing. I got some good progress on the spring sampler last night. It slowed to a crawl when got to three tiny pansies with color changes every few stitches. I only have a few stitches left on those and then it will start zipping along again.

LGs dad who usually meets her at the school bus had to work late yesterday, and will today and tomorrow, so Iím doing the honors. She could certainly walk to the gate - a few yards - and home, but the rule is she must be met by an adult to be allowed to ride the bus. Her mom said last night that she was going to clean my house in exchange Saturday and I did not protest. So I can just get all the decluttering done and let her do the floors and take a few things to the attic. That means the end of this is in sight and I can get back to the fun stuff.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, I hope your thread order arrives soon. I have had stuff from China go missing along the way and always got refunded, but it is frustrating.

I have papers to file, myself. All the 2019 stuff needs to be sorted and set aside for tax season, and a new 2020 file set up. Maybe on a snow day.

I did nothing crafty yesterday except print out the cardstock for a new paper model. All 13 pages of it. Then realized it is one I have done already. Got the numbers confused. I chose different colors this time so it won't be identical, at least.

Ice storm coming tonight. Probably not enough to knock out power, but enough to keep DH home tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad your car is done, Ren. That's always a relief. Ours are 15 and 18 yrs old, so we go through the issues of stuff wearing out and being costly to fix, too.

Kathy, I'm happy for you the worst of your dental work is over now.

I got the bags serged for DfG. I thought I had about 25 labels left, but when I got home I found out I only had about 10. Oops.

I got most of the sewing machine portion done on my cross stitch yesterday. By the time I messed it up, I couldn't face fixing it, but I don't think it will be that bad once I get to it. The machine and the quilt on it are the biggest elements, so I'm doing those first. The quilt is a bunch of little squares, so a series of small projects. Should go fairly fast. 2020 Stash Management-20200116_140720_1579205301019.jpg

I got 100 shields pinned and ready to sew in runs of 25. I estimated my new little Menards bag would hold maybe 40.2020 Stash Management-20200116_135224_1579205459564.jpg
    But I was pleasantly surprised to find it holds 100! Lucky!2020 Stash Management-20200116_135239_1579205682309.jpg I'm so glad I bought that bag. It's just what I've been looking for for so long.

I also sorted the rest of the shield pieces by color. I'm guessing that's at least 400 pieces. I don't need to know at this point, so I'm not wasting time counting. Anyway, it took a while but should eliminate the mess and chaos of coordinating colors I went through pinning the first 100.

I think I have all the DfG stuff organized now, including the scraps for Husby to cut.

I got about a gallon of scraps to make squares for myself, too. I'm going to have such a nice variety of beautiful fabrics, a little at a time. Perfect.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Interesting article on the history of the Singer sewing machine. (may make your hair stand on end or your blood boil.....)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50673541

I made a small zippered pouch from brocade scraps. Need to make a lining. Maybe useful for jewelry, not sure yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha, just found the yellow pipe cleaners. Now to put them where they won't get lost again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow you guys put us younger folks to shame lol haven't done anything crafty. hands are dodgy broke ds garfield mug slipped out of my hands putting it away. so will get another one. not like he hasn't broken a lot of my stuff the last year..bike, gazing ball, video games, etc sometimes you have to remind them that accidents happen. don't even feel like shopping maybe less stress in my life.

love the sewing machine crossstitch..have a couple vintage singers. good deal on the car! I had a talk w my car..got it old and used but dh replaced the broken turn handle and then the fan acts up. said you can be replaced easy so knock it off. it is buried in the snow so don't feel like digging it out though winter tires and a volvo so suppose to be good in snow.

we have had snow storms here not common and w the mtns etc .. power outage tues nite. snow day yesterday so everyone home since schools etc closed. so just cooked and cleaned. watched shows. today discovered the dishwasher filter etc was disgusting so that got cleaned. at least can work online for one job. seeing if dh can drive the flat way lol to other one since it short and we need groceries basics. need creamo for coffee priorities!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a bit done on skein #4of9 on the navy afgan. Glad I've been focusing on it since it's turned cold again. It covers my legs enough to keep them warm while I work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last day on the house! I did nothing on it yesterday.

I got nearly all of the center part of the spring sampler done. With diligence I can finish it tomorrow, or for sure on Sunday. I want to move on to something more interesting.

I’m not sure what to do next. I should go on and do the gray owl I bought with a Christmas gift card so I can show it to my neighbor. I really want to do a dragon pattern I have. It’s printed two sided though so I need to make one sided copies to work from. I have an Amazon return so I might go into town Monday to drop that off at the UPS store. I could make the copies there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Interesting article on the history of the Singer sewing machine. (may make your hair stand on end or your blood boil.....)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50673541

I made a small zippered pouch from brocade scraps. Need to make a lining. Maybe useful for jewelry, not sure yet.
    yep lots of inventors etc were not great people or authors like dickens too. but I think somethings would have been invented anyways like the sewing machine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sunny today so melting but then will freeze and be ice. enjoying my shows and finish that damn hat. don't know why I can't do it right. not like haven't made it before but maybe too simple at the moment. not like I don't have a lot of wips. here is a pic. not frogging again but won't be too bad when sewn up and finished. still have the last season of the great british sewing bee to watch too 2020 Stash Management-20200117_113308.jpg