2020 Stash Management - Page 125
Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1888
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you're feeling better DC. It sounds crazy to be saying "glad it was only food poisoning".

I think the heat and humidity are getting to us all. We had 5 days of heavy rain and the air here is just saturated. Fans and AC on and it is still sticky. But it was cool enough today that DH and I got out for a walk this morning.

I have not been doing much but watching craft videos and trying to stay cool. I keep meaning to do some sewing and next thing I know it is time to make dinner. Like here it is now @2pm and I haven't had lunch yet. Our schedules are sooo messed up.

I do have a pretty picture of the fabric remnants I bought earlier this week. Each is about a quarter yard.

2020 Stash Management-dscn1686.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

they are pretty! esp the one on the left. joanns is having clearance sales on yarns and I see them in the groups but borders are closed lol and not like I need anything lol but you always want to look. ugh you must feel like you are swimming in the air. high humidity and heat is the worse.

good wood is always worth saving ..and satisfying to have your storage solution work so well!

glad you are feeling better and it didn't hit you too hard. better safe then sorry w food. I think i have a touch of it today also. shaky.

I did get I think a homemade caftan from value village but turns out a bit small..african style fabric.. may rip the side seam because there is a couple of inches of frill down the side and resew so it fits better. or just use it for something else. it is very nice. cotton I think. beiges, wine, greens etc. did have a couple of uptight people in there..the ones looking for an issue..the irony of being in a thrift store where it is all used stuff and they are trying it on etc..lost on them. plus everyone touching stuff. I just stayed away and told dd to stay far from them too. where ever they went in the store. there was sanitizer of course most stores have it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished, more or less, cleaning the bedroom and bathroom and sweeping and mopping the living room floor. I’ll cook supper shortly and after clean off the side table and worktable, and that’s it for the day. Right now the worst is the utility room where everything has been landing, but I’m too tired to do it tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

I spent some rest times sorting through some floss on the table. I’ve decided to stay with dmc for the kitchen pattern since I already have it pulled out. I need to get it into a project box. P

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, sounds like a good day. Clean floor is always a plus.

I got out the blue quilt stuff and sorted it out. I only had 10 blocks left to make. Half of it was already cut, once I figured out what I needed to do it went relatively smoothly. This is the last panel, if I feel good tomorrow I will try to get it sewn, it is 24 blocks.

M, yes that green floral caught my eye immediately. So pretty. Everyone touching stuff is the reason I avoided JA this week. Less people in the smaller 2nd hand store.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep reminding Husby in stores to try not to touch things unless he's going to buy them. It's hard to remember that for me, too, sometimes.

I've been thinking a lot about the bright and dark quilt lately. I bought my Go! cutter in February. I bought fabric at HL and cut it then, and it's still in little stacks on my table. I might give it a try soon. I decided I'm going to do the quilt as a quilt as you go project. That should be easiest. Don't know how sewing will go. Probably not very well. At least I can still cross stitch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, maybe if you set a small goal, like doing one block each day... you'd have progress without straining yourself. That was how I got through the star blocks I had taken on. One and done for the day. They added up quickly.

I've been thinking about projects and I think I am going to complete the little Spools wall hanging I started as a group exchange a few years ago. I think the blocks are 4x6". Will use up some tiny scraps and the leftover batting I have.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The group for the August challenge more or less agreed we could start last night, so I mostly stitched. The muscles around my rib cage area were very sore from the vomiting spasms and the mopping took out my shoulders and neck. All I wanted to do was sit still. Working out the soreness had no appeal at all. Lol.

Today I’ll do at least the utility room and maybe work at clearing the tables some, but mostly want to carry on with the cross stitch. I like to start at the bottom and the largest color there was 747, so I have over 7000 stitches of very pale blue on very pale gray fabric. I got 886 of them done last night. I can’t even see them from across the room. So far my extreme cross country experiment is no different from what I would normally do. SD - the way I usually work is called cross country. To do all of one color is at a time is called extreme cross country. Did your DH know that is what he was doing. It sounds so grandly athletic!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was planning to do a block at a time or set a time limit each day. It depends how much push and pull there ends up being, whether I'm able to do it, and as the project grows I probably would have to quit it. There's another quilt I have supplies for I'm also considering. It's printed panels maybe a foot square with big sunflowers on them, with matching sunflower print for sashing. I think there are only 6 panels but I'd have to quilt them. That might prove too difficult. I should haul that out and see how much quilting it would need. I'd like to get that done though. Actually I have about a half dozen quilts to do, so I should be able to find one I could work on, even if I couldn't finish it now. I just feel like I want a fun project to work on instead of boring work. I also have this one in progress:
    Name:  5b63b863560b9efa82854c65fe93e43d_1596294246672.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  49.6 KB
    A lot of it is cut already, good for my arm because cutting with a ruler is out of the question. I need to look at that again because I have at least one block sewed but might have to deconstruct it and start over as a QAYG project. If I have to rip, might as well get that done. I think bright and dark is front of mind right now because I haven't put the squares away yet and they're recently uncovered from the mess on my table. Maybe if I put those away I could quit thinking about my quilts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe I will focus on the nine patch squares for the quilt above. Each one would be a small project by itself, so an easy stopping point if I need to quit. The half squares are cut and ready to sew. So are the triangle squares. I might even have those sewed. I know I worked on them but forget where I left off. Seeing the pic of the quilt again makes me feel like working on it. I could at least get the blocks sewed that are cut.

Thanks for info on extreme cross country, D. I will let Husby know. I hope he decides to start cross stitching again. I might start stitching his kits if he doesn't. He splurged more than me and has some gorgeous kits. I mostly bought patterns to use with his massive hoard of floss and all my thrifted fabric. I have some gorgeous projects, too. But I can still threaten to take his. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    DC, sounds like a good day. Clean floor is always a plus.

I got out the blue quilt stuff and sorted it out. I only had 10 blocks left to make. Half of it was already cut, once I figured out what I needed to do it went relatively smoothly. This is the last panel, if I feel good tomorrow I will try to get it sewn, it is 24 blocks.

M, yes that green floral caught my eye immediately. So pretty. Everyone touching stuff is the reason I avoided JA this week. Less people in the smaller 2nd hand store.
    yes the women freaking out at me..were trying on clothes like 5 mins later... I always just tell the kids stay away from crazy. or the person giving me attitude when she was the one coming into my personal space all the time in different parts of the store. just gave her the look.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD if you do the 9-patches you can always decide later to assemble them as something less complicated. Got an email that my JoAnn fabric order shipped. The Goodwill auction on the glen plaid ends tonight, someone else did bid so I am not going to pursue it. I did notice the description that it's a wool blend, not 100% wool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finished with segment 5 of the blue scrap quilt and sewed it to segment 4, it is the bottom end of the quilt. Here it is draped over my ironing board.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200801_162130198.jpg

Got out the spools and had a look at what I have. There are 18 finished blocks and another 11 under construction. I seem to have most of what I'll need to complete it. I think ~36 blocks will be a nice size for a wall hanging. The pattern is Rainbow Shuffle Spools

2020 Stash Management-img_20200801_163500989.jpg

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good idea, DLR. Too bad about the wool, but maybe something else will turn up.

The quilt is coming along nicely, CH. I've always liked the spool motif, too. If I ever need to replace the valances in my sewing room, that would look great. Uh oh...

Must. Resist.

I looked at the quilt in progress. It looks like I would only have to rip about an inch in 2 places to be able to make the one block I have done work for QAYG. Easy. I will have to figure out backing. I have stuff, just have to choose. For batting I'll use old blankets. I have lots of those and not much real batting, so will save that for gifts. I don't want to spend any money when I have workable stuff I need to use up.

I'm getting ready. Hope I'll be able to sew, even if it's only a little at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Replacing elastic @ top & bottom of old fitted sheet for dad, just using elastic on hand. I see Amazon has large packages of 1/2" or wider elastic available, I will order some. JoAnn & Michaels online and stores pretty much out of stock.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woke up this morning after dreaming up another salvaged project. We need to purge and organize our disgrace of a guest room. For starters, all the totes from everywhere else in the house have landed there, adding to all the disorganization. We had 8 matching ones under the pool table, and I want to build a rack for 6 of them to go in our back porch. A lot of stuff that's already in them can stay in them, and will be fine in heat and cold. That will help a lot in clearing out the bedroom. So I'm going to get Husby started cutting dadoes in the 2x4s as soon as I get the math done.

Why does actual work have to get between me and my quilt?