2020 Stash Management - Page 131
Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2251
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Knotme, sounds like some fun projects for the grandkids. I used to love doing stuff like that. The blanket edging will be so pretty. My Joann's looks the same way, very picked over.

SD, there were mill end/remnant stores in Dallas when I lived there, too. I used to go almost every weekend. I was more into sewing clothing at the time, but they had huge amounts of quilt fabric too. I still have a lot of it. And we have a fabric manufacturer in town, Fabri-quilt, but I have avoided their warehouse.

MMOs are still around. I haven't been interested in most of the newer ones. We tried, but didn't find one we liked after AC officially shut down. Some fans have put up new servers (unofficial, but nobody is stopping them, because the original owners don't care any more) and DH has been wanting to play now that we have very few other options for entertainment and are stuck at home. But yeah, it's a huge time sink.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted to redo a cedar chest I redid a few yrs ago for AGs. Things changed and I don't want it for that anymore. I want it at the foot of the guest room bed for storage, so I have to put the front on again and modify that for our needs. It's 5" too deep front to back, so now it's a project. But it's either cut it down or tear it apart, and we need the storage in there. Fortunately, it shouldn't be too horrible a job. It's in our way in the living room now, to encourage me to get it over with before too long.

I thought I had the daily block sewn, till I realized I botched it all up. Ripping will probably take as long as sewing the dang thing together. I should be dismantling it right now but we're currently not on speaking terms. I don't trust myself near it with sharp objects either.

We've been home 3 weeks and weren't planning to be out till 8/26, but then Husby got a call from the dentist about a cancellation. He went in for a filling. The world doesn't want us to stay home. He's stopping at a grocery store, too. I'm so tired of having our isolation plans disrupted. Our covid cases are going up. We don't need to go anywhere. Not worth the risk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday while I was killing time after the mopping until LG went home, I got most of the floss I had pulled for kitchen put away again. When eventually I started stitching after supper, I just never hit my stride and didn’t get as much done as I normally do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's not a race, D. 🙂 You don't have to run all the time. You can take a leisurely stroll sometimes, too.

Making the biscuits and gravy, finally. Better get to it. Hope it's good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG! DC, you got all that floss sorted and put away.

I decided I could make at least one spool block today, after all, the pieces are cut and half sewn already. I made two. Yay, me.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Excellent, CH! Any progress is good progress.

I got my block sufficiently ripped for the do over. Luckily it was cooperative. It won't take long to get it fixed tomorrow.

The biscuits and gravy turned out yummy. Between that and the shrimp hotdish we had last night, I shouldn't have to cook much the rest of the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol dcomption you are retired! and you mopped! that is cleaning and exercise in one. even a little done is progress. what is that flylady thing 15mins a day on something and you get stuff done. at least that is what I tell myself lol I am a more break 45min work 15min then her work 45min and break 15min. but depends on the situation.

worked today and did reg to do emails etc. had a very stiff honey whiskey and pizza. didn't want to cook. dh and dd is getting the csa. only thing have made plans for is fabricland on friday. got expenses cheques back and need to deposit them and the bank down there is rarely busy so no line up. my excuse! buy 2 get 1 free yarn at michaels too. bathroom on track to be finished next week. just need to pick paint and cabinet pulls in the next couple of days. will be nice not to run downstairs to the bathroom. dh says reminds him of when we lived in the townhouse he bought before we were married...4 floors. said just want to live in a place you can sleep and go bathroom on the same floor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, it's the little luxuries in life, isn't it? Hope they have the yarn you like at Michael's. Haven't heard anything back from our contractor but it's not like they can do anything until the cabinets get here.

Biscuits and gravy ARE yummy. Real stick-to-your-ribs food, too. And it sticks to the thighs and stomach as well, lol. I plan to have a supply of sausage and biscuit mix for fall and winter, though.

SD, glad you got the block undone. I hate ripping, too. The plan for tomorrow is to sleep late, and do 2 more blocks.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No biscuit mix for me. Mom was on a bus trip yrs ago in Canada and had biscuits she liked at a hotel. She asked for the recipe and they gave it to her. It's been our go-to for at least 35 yrs now.

We rarely have sausage on hand anymore. It's just too unhealthy. I still need to find a good turkey sausage recipe without too much salt, and yes, I do know the salt and lard in regular sausage is a big part of the flavor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad the b&g turned out well, SD. I found some soup I like that has less sodium in it. Haven't been getting that since it's been so warm. One of the local grocery stores makes it (or has it made) and sells it in their prepared food section. I actually prefer the flavor of these soups to the canned soups. Haven't done a side-by-side comparison of the ingredients but I think the prepared soups have more herbs/spices. According to the labels, the prepared soups have ~30-35% sodium while the canned soups have ~66% sodium.

Haven't really been doing much crocheting the past couple of days. My sleep's been off lately. Although I was able to get some work done on the vamp afgan over the weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    M, it's the little luxuries in life, isn't it? Hope they have the yarn you like at Michael's. Haven't heard anything back from our contractor but it's not like they can do anything until the cabinets get here.

Biscuits and gravy ARE yummy. Real stick-to-your-ribs food, too. And it sticks to the thighs and stomach as well, lol. I plan to have a supply of sausage and biscuit mix for fall and winter, though.

SD, glad you got the block undone. I hate ripping, too. The plan for tomorrow is to sleep late, and do 2 more blocks.
    Yes it is hard waiting but can't do much until it is done. yes it is the little things lol. people are always don't you upgrade get this or that just because stuff is older or not trendy. I am works fine and look for older stuff because old corning ware etc you guys know is so much better. or just still like it. My guy is well it is what you like.. I said I know you would rip the whole house down. It is funny because new condos, townhouses etc are all small now. they make sure master bedroom has a nice bathroom etc but no linen closets etc. no hallways, foyers etc 800sq ft is a 2 bedroom plus den.

our concession to age it the grab bar but it looks like a towel bar lol and you can put a towel etc on it if you were taking a bath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby went out to weed whack and Storm is yelling his head off because he's stuck in the house. That boy is LOUD! And everything is all about him.

It's always good when you find a new food that's healthier and you like it, Ren. I hate canned soups, personally. HM is so much better and the veggies aren't cooked to death.

Storm shut up, except for walking past me and making a rude remark because I won't let him out. He really is a COTU dog. (Center Of The Universe) Too funny. He never leaves a thought unexpressed. Now he's laying there glaring at me. Good thing I'm not easily intimidated.

Gotta get the quilt block fixed so I can start pretending I never made the mistake in the first place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm glad I got a tub bar years ago, it really came in handy when I had my surgeries. It's hard to get in and out when you can only stand on one leg. After having a couple of falls recently I use railings and hand bars more than ever now. I don't always need one, but it does offer a certain measure of safety. It's odd, I can do yoga poses on one foot, but a clod of grass or a toy underfoot and down I go.

SD, I usually get turkey sausage from our local butcher, they make a good one, you can't tell it from the pork. But they don't make breakfast links, so sometimes I get those little maple ones. The turkey sausage sold out this spring, after the pork sausage sold out. If the SHTF again, I want to be stocked up. I have a recipe for HM baking mix with less salt, but the blue boxes are just so handy and easier to store for me. I have a little 2lb bag of flour I bought during the panic, I'll probably make a small batch using that and get a couple boxes for backup.

Almost picked up some soup mix for the pantry, it was marked down, but still cost more than fresh vegs would in the fall. I just need to stock up on soup bases.

Should be a good day for sewing, if I don't get distracted....

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just had the termite guy out. This year they are allowing outside inspection only without voiding the contract. That was ok and he said it would be very unlikely there would then be anything inside so I sent him on. Quarantine maintained. Except for LG.

Biscuits and gravy has no appeal whatever, but I have plenty of other unhealthy options to take it’s place. Sigh. Don’t we all.

My cross stitch isn’t a race, but with all these big areas of solid color, it’s been fun zipping along. I got to some moderate confetti last night and felt abused - lol. I also got to 24.5% done. Whoa! That was fast. I think I’m getting to some more large areas. They will be much less common as I move upward in the pattern. My goal for the rest of the year after the August challenge is to finish this one, the sheep, and would like to finish the dragon, but that may be too much.

It was good to get most of the kitchen floss put away. Since these all have 90 colors, it takes some time and I really procrastinate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A lot of the issue about turkey sausage is moisture. It tastes a lot better if it has bread or something to hold the moisture. Turkey meatloaf, too, or any lean meat. Some recipes call for apples or applesauce but I haven't tried that yet.

Sounds like you are indeed zipping through the cross stitch, D. I'm not making much progress on my little project. I need new glasses, so it's hard to see. Won't get those for about another month.

I finished yesterday's block and made today's, so that's 2 of the 4⅓ I need. I think pretty soon I will have to make more HSTs and triangles-in-squares. That will slow things down. I should figure out how many I need of each and do them all at once. I dread the thought of cutting. Husby would probably do it for me. I might be able to do the HSTs with the Go! but not the triangles.

I need to make a carry case for my Go! mats. I forgot about that. Maybe I should do a spool quilt design for that. I don't have a use for a big item in that design, but I've always liked it. It would be appropriate for the cutter mats, too. I'll have to see what I have for fabrics. Must be something around here. Thanks for working on your spool project, CH. It made me start thinking about a spool project again.