2020 Stash Management - Page 138
Page 138 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2487
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The owl is beautiful.
    I found more free small-size cross-stitch charts at this site: https://www.mynotions.com/inspirations/
    Saturday I picked out stitches I did previously because in daylight the floss was not a good color at all. I have picked out some different color choices, will have to wait for day to see if they will work. If not, I may try Michaels but I want to avoid that if I can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pictures are blocked for me too. I have no idea why. I don't remember this ever happening on this thread before.

I guess I have a different view of working from home and background noise. I do occasionally have yard work noise outside. We are in a condo complex that is right next to an agreement complex.

They have done an admirable job of creating some nice green space with what they have to work with. But there are really only about 10 foot strips of greenery around each building. So that does limit the upkeep some.

Land is at a premium here, so small yards are common. My Baltimore apartment in a questionable neighborhood had more green space.

At work their are co-workers talking all the time. I am not high enough level to have a private office. My boss has meetings half the day or more and generally keeps his door open during them.

People come to visit him outside meetings frequently. All of this passes by my desk. And I am expected to politely greet each person that comes to visit.

So I will take outside noise any day over thay
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have floss on hand that will work. The current project flowers are supposed to be periwinkle. The DMC colors called for were "blueberry" shades. I have "cornflower" blue shades that I'm using instead. I think I will choose some of the small charts from that web site and make kits. They are each around 4-5" square and will use up small pieces of Aida well. Maybe coasters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, those small stitch patterns are really cute. I've been eyeing my christmas project, but I'm not ready to start yet.

Staying home today -- I think. Going to putter around and see what happens.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You all have been so busy. Great looking projects. I have no motivation. One thing I'd like to do is make some more masks. Dgd could use a new one that fits better. I did make her one. I don't mommy lets her wear it. I'm thinking of making some pillow cases for Christmas gifts for the girls. I really need to get the one quilt finished and start the next. The next one will be much simpler and will go much faster. I can do it! I have so many ideas to use up my fabric, but no motivation. I think it's time to set the timer again. That's how I got the first quilt top done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Are you using the old desktop site or the mobile version? I use my phone but don’t like the mobile so I stick with the original. I’m not having any problem with photos. Could that be the problem?

During my playtime weekend I got a lot done on the cross stitch. I love the longer arm I got for my stand. It makes it more comfortable to use. Also switching to have the back of the fabric flat on the hoop and the front recessed has been almost miraculous. Since I changed and over these two days of hours and hours intense stitching, I’ve had no thumb pain in my left hand. Before it could become so severe I would finally have to stop. Who would have imagined it would make such a difference.

I’m watching the weather, and as it stands now we might get some rain from Marco late tomorrow, but it would be from the outmost edges unless it changes course. Laura is looking more encouraging for rain. We really could use it. We’re too far north to get the violence from hurricanes, but sometimes get rain.

All the barn swallows have packed up and headed south. I miss them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes constant noise is a pain. quiet street here too quiet at times. leaf blowers are so annoying ..they say get more exercise so rake leaves! esp when they are blowing leaves in the rain and they are all stuck to the sidewalk. roofers starting next door which is good for her because she needs a new roof. she just has been waiting for her turn in the line. sunny now but rained in the early morning.

I can't post pictures but I can see your links and pictures. looked in settings but can't see anything that blocks it.

dh took all the latest garbage to the dump, I had signed up for kids bowl free program and we hadn't used it so went last night and did dinner there. they have good food. plus a dollar store there so did shopping spree lol love the dollar store for that. forgot I needed suction cups for the window to hang a crochet piece over the window in the bathroom. smaller then old one but still needs something. we have a shower and toilet now which is great and dh hung a curtain over the door way for privacy.

really going to be lazy today and just watch stuff that needs to go back to library because more waiting. checked my crochet finished stash and no kitty kat hats so started another one. quick and easy. not good with long projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't read the desktop version of FV on my phone. I recall having this problem with pics being blocked before, but can't recall the remedy. I've been using the app for 2.5 years without a problem, so I don't think the app is the cause of my current frustration.

Noise isn't usually a problem for us here, unless there's a well rig in the area. That's annoying. Sometimes we get student pilots practicing taking off and landing repeatedly on the lake, but not very often. We're probably the worst noise offenders, shrieking at bears and playing screechy music on the bullhorn at 3 AM. We do get traffic noise several times per yr, when the 148th Fighter Wing out of Duluth does flyovers on certain holidays or when 200-300 Harleys rumble by during annual fun runs. It's nice to be rural.

Those are some really nice free designs.

I got the first big block of the third row made for my quilt. I can only make one more before I have to start cutting the maroon pieces for more HSTs. Gotta check my Go! to see if it will cut the size I need. Didn't do much with the mat case, except get out the curtain fabric from the dryer. It's much nicer with the starch washed out, but still thinner than I would like. It should be okay though. One of the 2 very large pieces should be more than enough for the case, including lining.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy, I've worked in open area work spaces and it does really get noisy when multiple people are talking at once. Thankfully, I have my own office in my current job and I usually have the door closed. I still hear people sometimes, including large events in the atrium but it's no where as bad as open area spaces.

And while there are some trees to buffer the sound on the street, the street's still really close in my apartment complex. The main issue is that it's the main road in and out of the complex so I hear about 80% of the traffic. There's a second entry/exit into the complex but even that road intersects with the one I overlook and is used mostly for the leasing office. Only one building is off that second entrance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well I took adblock off this site and I can upload a picture ..at the moment at least! older hat I did as a test. finished the hat I was doing yesterday and started another.

2020 Stash Management-cupcakehat.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

posting a funny to see if I can still put a photo up.

Name:  117194152_641385513159706_8051413911139421685_n.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  37.3 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't see either pic, Martha.

I started clearing crap off my work table, and as usual, one thing led to another. Suddenly, this happened! I absolutely love it!
    2020 Stash Management-20200825_111342_1598372375695.jpg
    I was going to paint it, but once we got the plastic off the top rail and the hardware off the bottom, I decided shabby chic would do just fine. I cleaned it up and we hung it. Husby loves it, too. The "header" on the top was just randomly hanging on the wall nearby, crooked and unloved. It looked like a good size and seemed like a natural to cap off the rack with it. I love that, too. It will fit our wildlife/northwoods theme, and makes the rack look less cribby. Nice it finally has a real home.

Now I need to get more of our embroidery fake-framed so we can hang them. It'll be fun putting out stuff seasonally. Husby is busily bending curtain hooks to make more hangers. Thanks so much for this idea, D!

We finally got the 2 new organizers put up in the shower, so those are off my table.

I saw a 3-door medicine cabinet at Wayfair that looks like the one I have, don't like, and was debating if I really want to turn it into a jewelry cabinet instead of donating it. Wayfair wants $167 for theirs. I've decided to like mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m still plugging away on the raven. I set 40% for my August goal and I’m alread just under that. 50%? More? Depends on the confetti. After this challenge, it’s back to the coasters.

Laura is looking interesting. It’s rare that we’re right in the center of the Hurricane Center’s projected cone. Unless it moves much farther west or something weird happens to it, we may actually be on the receiving end of some substantial wind and rain. The wind is already picking up some and changing direction. The last time I checked the forecast, we might start getting a few scattered thunderstorms after midnight. I need to be sure everything is charged and that I have food ready that requires no heating. Sometime today I’ll make some cornbread, boil eggs, maybe make a macaroni salad. There’s always tuna and crackers. I cooked the chickpeas weeks ago to try making a roasted snack with them. It may be time to get some out of the freezer and see how that works.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you don't get anything too serious. The update I just saw said it would probably hit land as a Cat 3 with 111 mph winds. Sounds very scary. I hope the energy drops off fast.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can see everyone's photos. I like the hat colors, M. SD, your crib rail picture gallery looks great, and the grapevine topper is perfect for it.

Had a good workout at the gym and still feeling a bit foggy in the head, so it's probably not a safe day to play with scissors. Watching an art video now.

Hope everyone down south stays safe in the storms. We're hoping to catch some rain as they spin out over the middle of the country.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown