2020 Stash Management - Page 14
Page 14 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 5 of 24 blocks stitched on the cross stitch quilt. Still a fun project. I spend too much time on it.

I also decided to completely blow off the DfG card issue. I will discuss it with them next time, but if the measurements given in the instructions are unacceptable, that's something they will need to discuss with HQ. There probably won't be a problem, but I hate being in the position of being the new kid and having to complain about something like that. Or anything. IMO, the QC determining factor should be whether or not the liners fit into the shields correctly. Nobody on the planet is going to give a damn about whether or not a card fits.

But I'm in my DfG happy place again. I got the first 25 done and the next 20 or so ready to topstitch, minus the 5 or so I already did while trying to figure out how to make the stupid card fit. I hope to have 200 done by 2/14, plus the 12 bags I have labels for, plus the scrap collector for C. I'll be busy. That's okay. I already serged all the liner parts.

When is someone going to invent self
    cleaning houses?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On the way home from dad's I was wishing for self-driving car. What a waste of time. Grateful I arrive at my destination safely each time. Probably cross-stitch tomorrow. I have dog club meeting in the evening.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally sat down and did some stitching. Pulled the wrong color thread, and then got confused and started on the wrong symbol. Did eventually get it figured out and correctly stitched. Decided to chop up fabric instead. Did some scraps, and then cut out another cross-in-star to sew tomorrow. This will be 18 blocks. Need a few more to make a lap quilt. I may take the pinwheel quilt, too, and do a few sections.

Chance for snow tomorrow afternoon, so I may not stay late if the weather looks bad.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was stitching, too. I couldn't count vertically to save my life, but eventually I switched to horizontal which was much easier. 2020 Stash Management-20200119_235551_1579500838108.jpg

I need the Jetson's maid around here. Is that so much to ask?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’ve talked myself out of going to town to copy the pattern today. I stitched some late last night, and as far as I can tell, did it correctly - lol. I had a headache and cough most of the day so did little. I got page lines on the dragon fabric, but didn’t start it. I just did more on the spring sampler. I think today will just be a go with the flow day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally finished my jigsaw puzzle. This one was trickier than I thought it would be. The shaped outline was really tricky.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200119_165740634_1579544707673.jpg

The first flower in my flower sampler. The flower part is with some of the hand dyed thread. I like how it stitches up.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200120_132153963_1579544830516.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am going slow these days. I think I have a bad case of acid reflux. Blah. anyway, I found an almost finished crochet hat, so I put the last row on that and have it ready to go. I usually donate these to the NICU units. I have a friend that is a nurse at both local ones and I usually pass along to her. I know they get where they need to go. Have the first string block done on the project I am currently working on. this one uses plaids in darks and lights to give it the star illusion. Only 70 or so more to do. But like I say, I am slow today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy - the flower looks great. You are doing really well with the embroidery.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Knotme, hope you are feeling better soon. Nice to find something in the stash you can finish quickly and get rid of.

I spent the day at the quilt bee, and DH had the day off and got to spend it with the plumber. The tub has refused to drain for the last time. Gotta love old houses.

Anyway, I got two blocks done. They liked the baby quilt I brought in, and I got to go through the "free" box and pulled out a few pieces I can use in future donation quilts. I also got another reference for a remodeling contractor, since the last two I contacted haven't responded. There were a lot more people than usual this month, not enough room to lay out the pinwheels and work on it. That's ok, I was tired by 2pm and had to go by the grocery on the way home.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200120_142017580.jpg

Everything fits in my rolling case with room to spare:

2020 Stash Management-img_20200120_143327542.jpg

Only issue I noticed is that the wheels are small. The collapsible handle assembly sticks out of the back of the case farther than the wheels, so it doesn't 'roll' up stairs, it gets dragged. Not much of a problem indoors on carpet, but it's going to scratch it up on the cement steps outside. Will be looking at adding some kind of drag plate to the back.

Someone else was making this and the photo do not do it justice. The prints are all tropical floral and sea life. The orange is eye-popping. Unfortunately my phone camera could not handle the colors.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200120_140632079.jpg

Beautiful puzzle, Kathy. I can see how it would be challenging.

Hope you feel better soon, DC.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished skein 4of9 and started skein 5of9 on the navy afgan. Definitely glad it's long enough to cover my legs. I had off yesterday and it was chilly. Yeah, I could've turned up the thermostat but I have electric heat at home which can get expensive. Sigh. I may need to get one more skein of the navy, which is a common color so I don't have to worry if it's sold out.

At least I have a fleece blanket for when I pick up the denim afgan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes what ever happened to all the stuff we were suppose to have by now! self cleaning houses, hovercrafts.. lol I listen to old radio shows and funny w the old sci fi.. in 1994 as we are at mars...

love the dragon! and all the other ones too! inspiring! I have not much. hands sore. working a bit on a hat. went into the kids craft cupboard (old tv armoire) for pony beads for space bead craft at scouts last night. so that ended up being an 30 min rearrange. if we had a fire wouldn't know most of what we had! pulled out sewing stuff since I have a new different cupboard for that. still need to get sewing machine fixed. keep getting fabricland sales..bogo fabric.. tempted. did get fun fur yarn on clearance and a clearance hand dyed lion brand from michaels when I went there to get sm beads for the space craft.

snow is basically gone so the cats have stopped fighting and breaking the house. have a heavy ceramic bowl for cats water that my mom gave me when first kid was 1yr couldn't tip...well 16 yrs later buster did. the noise..and then dd comes up why is water dripping in the basement. then he hit my end table w tea on it. something to be said for fat old cats who sleep a lot. he wouldn't go out during the day. sunny now and 45 so no reason not too. just threw out old turkey for crows.

work meeting and worked yesterday and stop by my moms to give her the soup I got for her at store..way cheaper there. british brand. of course always housework but will see lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I went through my full coverage patterns yesterday and made a list of colors that require multiple skeins. Some will be guesswork because they are charted for different count fabrics. I think the bulk needles I got with the new floss will be fine, so before long I will probably order more of those and get a some of these multiple skeins.

I almost finished the spring sampler last night, even getting a late start on it. I was so nearly finished I thought it would be absurd to put it aside to start the dragon. I can easily finish it today and then I can move on to the new project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished 1 baby hat today - used up a small ball of yarn then switched to a compatible 2nd color. I'll make another hat in the 2nd color and that should finish the 2 balls.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're back from Duluth and the 4 hr drive for a 15 minute meeting. But if there's one thing we don't want to mess up, it's our health insurance, so Husby wanted to take care of it in person.

We've scratched Duluth off our list of retirement locations permanently (for this week). 😁 It's just too hilly, even in the neighborhood we were interested in which we thought was more flat. Funny the things we don't notice or remember when we're just visiting vs. thinking about living there. Oddly enough, we're back to considering a house in town here where we already live. Or GR. We most likely won't be going anywhere for at least 3 yrs. Our current town's very low COL is a good incentive to stay here, plus it seems dumb to move off one lake to some other lake that's not as nice, with close neighbors and four times the taxes. We like our 7 acres with neighbors we can't even see and most of whom aren't even around 9 months of the yr. It's not perfect but nothing is, and there is so much here we love.

I picked up a few things at Savers. One was a folding hamper, which I want to shove assorted parts into as I sew them. It has some flaws but at least I can try it for $2. If I like it, I'll line it or make a cover for it, since mesh won't keep out dog hair. I got a hunters vest pattern, lots of pockets, for Husby. He can use it when he doesn't want to carry his murse, if I ever get it made. We didn't really buy much. It seems like Savers gets more expensive all the time.

Got 3 prs of little scissors half off at HL. I need one for my knitting bag and one to attach to a sewing machine mat for my diet buddy's birthday. I tie all my snippers to the tables or mats my machines are on,
    a trick I learned doing contract sewing. When time was money I wasn't going to waste it chasing snippers that fell on the floor. These days, it's just annoying, therefore still easier to be able to just reel the dang things in, so I'll do the same setup for my friend.

I got a few chunks of fabric at JA from clearance. They must have known I was coming because they managed not to have a good fabric sale today. But I got enough clearance stuff get a start on the fake frames for our cross stitch.

I finished the first slipper except for casting off, and got about 1.5" knitted on the second sole. Luckily I was able to cast on while Husby bought gas, so I was sitting still. The first row was sort of a pain but since the road was fairly smooth near Duluth, it could have been worse.

It's been a long day and it's good to be home. Doggies had a good day. They really got tired out riding around in the truck all day, poor things. They're already sound asleep. I probably won't be far behind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a good day too. I finished the spring sampler. I like it least of the four. I didn’t like the pink shades it used. I should have changed them before I started. The big letting for “spring” was in them and I just didn’t want that much of it, so I did it in green. That has really unbalanced the colors, but too bad. So it goes.

I’ve done a tiny bit on the dragon just to get a start. Verdict - I like the new floss and needles so that’s a winner all around. I’m not sure I would like it as much on a larger count fabric but I have plenty of DMC and Anchor for that. I’ll put together the multiples order and send that off in a day or two.

There was one kit I had left in my wish list and I think I will add that too. I’ve looked for a long time for a sailing ship pattern and never found one I was sold on. This kit is very different. Instead of s huge ship, it’s a relatively smaller ship in a tropical landscape, focal, but not the whole picture. In real life if it were that close to shore it would probably be aground, but I’ll allow some artistic license. You can do an image search on the site to find all the ones being offered. I only found it as cross stitch from the shop I buy the floss from. There were tons of others, but all diamond painting. I don’t think I want to let this one get away and I will have the long sought ship. And then it’s just stitch like crazy.

I’ll probably go to town tomorrow and do the Amazon return and printing.