2020 Stash Management - Page 145
Page 145 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2418
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone feels better soon.

I use sheets a lot for backing quilts and lining curtains, and a lot of them aren't new, but I would never use them for an heirloom quality quilt. Sheets are nowhere near as nice as good quality quilt fabric. I can't have nice quilts because of dogs, so I use cheap supplies since they aren't going to last long anyway. I also don't do much quilting on them for the same reason.

I got about ⅓ done on the outline stitching across the bottom of USA, and most of Tennessee's iris. I'll finish Tennessee but might not do another flower today. I also fake framed 2 of Husby's projects, a wolf, and a mama bear with triplets. No room left on the gallery now, until I put a hanger on the northwoods sampler and put it elsewhere. I'm trying to figure out how to use a metal coat hanger to make a decorative hanger that doesn't look like a coat hanger or like some clueless amateur did it, a big challenge, being that I am, in fact, a clueless amateur.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You could use sheets for backing, I know my mom and grandma did. They are not ideal, though, because the tight poly blend percale weave that most sheets are made from is hard to sew. If you're using an old sheet that is softer you have to be wary of worn areas where the fabric is thinner, and not likely to last very long. So yeah, I could use sheets if I had no other options or was on a tight budget, but it wouldn't be my first choice. One exception would be if I wanted to incorporate licensed characters into a child's quilt, there are usually large motifs on a sheet that make good backing fabric.

Almost missed my class today. Woke up late and rushed to the computer, couldn't find my email link, finally found the schedule and realized class was at 3pm. So I went and got breakfast and started cleaning up the sewing room. Then a little after lunch I started hearing a voice I recognized.... DH was watching my class in his office! Turns out the class started at 1pm and ended at 3. So I did get to see it, and now I want to go practice, but I've been interrupted by the mail, DH, having to move stuff to the basement, and misc other things. Not going to get any sewing done today, but I can walk in the room again. Class tomorrow IS at 9am.

Don't know what is up with my stomach. Taking ginger now to help calm it down.

Hope everyone is ready for a nice holiday weekend.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I learned something new last night - how to cancel a grocery order in progress. I really wasn’t feeling well and decided it would be better to give up on it. I can resubmit it without compiling it all again, so I may do it on Tuesday while the sales are still on, but probably a lot will be out of stock by then.

The work on the coasters has slowed to a crawl, but maybe I can get those underway tonight at a better clip.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here is the latest DMC chart completed cross-stitch. I kitted another small autumn motif chart with floss to start working on.
    2020 Stash Management-img_1047.png

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free shipping at joann.com today (Friday).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - hope you're feeling better. I haven't gotten around to trying out the online grocery shopping. It does seem to be a good service for those who need it.

Yay! Finally a long weekend, although I will probably still spend it at home like most weekends. The restaurants were allowed to open at 25% capacity but I heard that they're supposed to be collecting information for contact tracing in case something happens. (Like overcrowded bars.) It's a step forward, though, especially for the owners who were just barely hanging on. I'm still going to just do take-out at this point, though. I want to see how things go and allow time for the staff to work out the kinks.

Got some work done on the lapgan, although I was still a bit lazy yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope everyone starts to feel better. I wonder how much of people's illness lately is stress and anxiety, given what we're all going through right now.

Beautiful work, DLR.

I finished Washington, South Dakota, and Virginia along with part of South Carolina. 52 to go, including SC. Can't believe how fast it's going. Then again, I'm not getting much else done.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very nice flowers, Dlr!

You seem to be making good progress, SD.

One of my classes today (color theory) was very intense, the other one (paint mixing) lacked focus and was not very interesting.

We had a nice afternoon with friends. I was given a face mask as a birthday gift. Sign of the times. I have to do a little adjustment on it so it stays on my chin, it keeps riding up over my eyes.

Went out to DH's car to go to dinner, noticed glove box contents on the floor and center console compartment open... Car seems to have been rifled through, but nothing was stolen (bluetooth player, radar detector, etc) and even the spare change was still there. Dunno what happened.

Stomach feels better today. I cut back on the cups of tea and ate a very light dinner.

Supposed to reach the 90's tomorrow and then drop into the 50-60 range next week. Summer's almost over.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

dir - I like the flowers. Very pretty.

I now have three of the four coasters done for all five sets. The four sets with the tiles designs will finish up pretty quickly. The last pattern is more open so has less stitching.

I’m beginning to really want to start one of the large patterns I was saving for the first of the year, but will try to hold off. I would still like to finish the raven and sheep. I could also work on some kits. I will definitely do the tiny kit I got out to take to Sharon’s. It shouldn’t take long at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

75% done. Not bad, D!

I finished South Carolina and Vermont, so I'm halfway through the flowers. I also got the outline stitching caught up. That goes quicker than expected. I think I'm getting faster with the flowers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished Delaware! 24 to go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I seem to be recovered - fingers crossed - after a couple more days of broken stomach. I was able to eat this morning and the fever is gone. I’ll see how the day goes but I’m definitely better. Yesterday I only stitched for maybe 30 minutes and did nothing else at all besides sleeping most of the day and messing about on my phone. The kitchen is a wreck but I’ll deal with it later. Right now I’m just going to sit and work on the coasters. At least I seem to be able to stay awake lol.

I’m near enough finished with the Christmas coasters that I’m going to get the raven back out and start working on that again.

I’ll try to do a little in the kitchen but this is going to be guilt free take it easy day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - glad you're feeling a bit better and aren't pushing things too hard.

Finished another skein on the lapgan and started another skein. Two more to go, although I'm not sure if I'll use the last one. I might just use it to make sure it doesn't go into my stash. On the other hand, I found a bunch of yarn in my stash that is leftover from an afgan I likely made for myself. There looks to be enough to make a lapgan and I can make it a bit wider than the one I'm working on now. I may even have enough to possible make some scarves. I need to take another crocheting basics class to refresh my hat making skills. I put that aside when the virus hit and everything shut down. Then again, there are some places I'm sure wouldn't mind getting lapgans - the local hospital or rehab center. But there are also a couple of senior living facilities that have recently been built in my area that probably could use lapgans for seniors, either for chairs or narrow enough to use in hospital style beds so the lapgans don't tangle in side bars.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're better, D.

Sounds like a good plan for your upcoming projects, Ren.

I made some campaign swag today, oins for our hats. We have banners coming later this week to hang off our front deck. Game on.

Didn't get much done on USA today. I'm having problems with Indiana's peony. I take back what I said about Louisiana's and Mississippi's magnolias. They were both a delight by comparison.

Here's an article that seems worthwhile. It lists reputable news sources and why Forbes considers them reputable. The closer we get to the election, the more important accurate reporting is going to be. Spoiler alert: Facebook and Twitter are not on the list. Shocking, I know. I was happy to see the sources I rely on most are on the list, not surprising.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins...mpression=true

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good article. Unfortunately many of the more reliable sources are charging for access to articles. Initially several were providing pandemic coverage articles for free without subscription access but that seems to have ended. We only have a few paid subscriptions (hubby). I like NPR.org (honorable mention in that article) because it's free. They're also providing consistent pandemic coverage charts (USA and states). Annoying that CDC keeps changing their web site/presentation. They did so again in the last few weeks and I had to go hunting around for the charts I reference daily.