2020 Stash Management - Page 146
Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2487
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday started well and ended less well, but today I am finally starting to feel hungry again so that’s a good sign. I’m probably also somewhat dehydrated. You can’t drink when you sleep all day - lol. So today is more liquids and small snack like meals. My kitchen is beginning to look like a hoarder’s kitchen but I’ll just endure the shame another day. No one will see it unless I die and I won’t care then.

I started the small kit yesterday. It’s foxes playing with leaves and it was not a success. It’s one of those where the pattern uses full x’s and just backstitched over the bits hanging out. But there’s a lot of it on this one, so I have taken out some evenweave so I could easily do quarter stitches instead. It started downhill there. It’s a Riolis kit. They often use a wool/acrylic blend floss, who knows why, and it’s a little fuzzy. The fuzziness made it very hard to see to work on the evenweave. I gave up quickly. It only has 7 colors so I matched them to my DMC sample card. Got out the DMC and two of those were missing. I’m either out of them or what I do have is with other projects. That was just too much to cope with when I didn’t feel good to start with. It’s put away for a more auspicious time.

I’m getting tired of the coasters but I’m going to push through and get the ones for the Christmas presents finished. I have four to go. They should have been done by now and I think that’s part of the frustration. I’m ready to be doing something else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today's project turned out to be re-binding an old twin-size blanket (from parents' house). Washed it intending to give to vet for animals being boarded. Binding was literally in tatters. So took that off, pulled out some old taffeta fabric and cut new strips. One end is done. Of course now the whole thing looks much better I don't want to give it away.
    I drove to shopping center w/ JoAnn after Kohl's pickup. But parking lot was crazy I guess due to holiday and school starting tomorrow. So I just left without stopping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad you are feeling better dcompton! not much happening here ..shopped and social events... kids dentist phoned to remind us about them due for appts on labour day? no day off for them I guess. is stat holiday. really not doing much today at all.. got my brokenwood mysteries season 6 dvd from library so watching it. dh and dd doing a arbys run 30min away but they are not common here.

still working on the second hat for the kids. figuring out how to reuse or what to do w decor/storage for bathroom and kitchen. had a brain storm and realized I can use the vintage wicker kids chair i have on the porch for the bathroom. put tp on it. just need a bit of a hose off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We like NPR when we travel. It helps us keep up on news. CDC has lost a lot of credibility lately.

I finished Indiana last night. Stupid peony turned out okay, eventually. Today I got through Connecticut, Colorado, California, and Illinois. Nineteen to go.
    2020 Stash Management-20200907_214112_1599532898334.jpg

I might make a wall hanging from this project instead of framing it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I placed an order w/ Mynotions.com for 3 floss collections (summer, autumn, winter, - spring was sold out) total about 100 different skeins of floss for under $34 including shipping. That's a good price. Was getting a little worried since craft stores sounding depleted and impossible to order online - even DMC site is out of stock on many colors. They use their own color numbers but there is a DMC conversion chart. Should keep me entertained.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh wants me to sew a few more masks for him. He just wants to have some in every vehicle and a couple on his desk at work. I have plenty of fabric. He really like the backing I used on one. It was a softer, smoother fabric. Not sure what it is made of. It did feel thinner than my other cotton fabric. Must have been a remnant I picked up somewhere. Hope to get a few more rows "quilted" on dgd's quilt. Once that is done, the rest will go quicker.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa- that sounds like a good deal on the floss.

SD - that’s really rolling along. The peony looks great.

I am finally recovered so that means a day or two of managing my stash of dirty dishes and cluttered tables. No stitching for me until after supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Idaho, Hawaii, and Arkansas are now in the rear view. 16 left. 5 more will finish the top row. Then it's just the 11 on the left side. I've done enough flowers now that I need to catch up the outline stitching. Maybe I'll do some tonight. I like that because it's productive yet mindless and simple. I might start on the map portion in the center soon. I'm liking the idea of sort of wrapping up the whole thing at the same time.

I don't know why I'm so obsessed. Probably because it's election season again and as usual I'm feeling extra patriotic.

I heard today that about 250,000 covid cases have been traced back to the Sturgis rally so far. At least 1 attendee from Minnesota has died. Don't know about deaths in other states. The rally is now officially a huge superspreader event. Some people will never learn.

On the flip side, New York's infection rate is only about 1%, thus proving we can beat the virus if we pull together and are willing to do the hard things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I went back to Santa ornaments X-stitch project. Mostly a lot of back-stitching left and pretty tedious. Will do a few more hours today. Would be nice to finish that UFO this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

About halfway through the current skein. I think it may be the last one, although I have one more available. I might use that one for a scarf or a rag-bag lapgan. I'm starting to look forward to starting a new lagan, now that I found some yarn I had in the stash and haven't seen in a while.

I do have my vampgan to work on as well but that can wait until it gets a bit cooler to work on. Right now, the temps have been good (~80*) but it's been humid. The forecast for the next couple of weeks looks like it will start getting some more fall like weather with temps in the mid-to-upper 70*s and cool in the evening. That'll be a better time to work on the vampgan. It's a full sized afgan and the yarn is a wool-nylon blend (mostly wool) so it's warm, despite the light weight.

The sheep and fiber festival I go to every year has been gone virtual this year due to the virus. The group that runs the festival has set up a Facebook page. One thing I'm interested in is some more (looser) roving. The roving I got online earlier in the year is very tight so it's harder to work, especially for a beginning spinner like me. I've started to get the hang of the drop spindle but I don't want to feel like I have to rip the roving part just to spin it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of stitching for me today.

I got my new glasses and can't see a thing with them. It looks like they made the lenses to my distance prescription instead of what I need for reading. So that's another trip to town and another two week wait and then still another trip to town. I am NOT happy.

I knocked Arizona, Alaska, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and New Hampshire off the list today. One more, and I will be in single digits. I'm starting to look forward to the end of this project. Surprised it took this long. 2020 Stash Management-20200909_205537_1599703621230.jpg2020 Stash Management-20200909_211131_1599703948528.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fast turnaround on my floss order, it is at the source PO in Illinois according to tracking #. We'll see how the PO does on delivery. I worked on the ornament kit back-stitching again, very tedious. Telling myself to just finish that project this year. I cut more scrap fabric to 4.5" blocks to tidy up the fabric area. Also have a sewing project (nightgown) cut out and waiting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You all have been so busy. I am just trying to get going the last couple of days. We finished our whirlwind trip this last weekend. we were a bit uneasy about it ( not sure if DD's hubby would demand that a couple of the kids couldn't go and had to stay with him. didn't happen, but that was in the back of our minds the whole trip) so now it is unwind, and get ready to start up where we left off. piano students returning, and back to the requests from the grand kids. The doll dress and a slip I needed to put together quickly are finished. I still need to create a dog leash for a pet stuffed animal so not a " real" one. I will probably crochet that with some yarn here and put velcro on the neck collar part for easier on and off the stuffed animal. Doll panties ( thank goodness she is now potty trained. no accidents on the long trip) add in another doll dress. this one is to be in lellow ( How he says yellow) so back at what I get to do along with what I have to do. found a recipe for salsa using both cukes and tomatoes that I want to try. It will use up hopefully the rest of the cukes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another lazy day here though it shouldn’t be. I scheduled a grocery pickup for tomorrow morning. I’m out of too many things I always have on hand. I need to seriously do some stocking up the next month or two.

I have a bad case of the blahs and don’t want to do anything. I’ve managed to fritter away the whole day so far. It’s getting more challenging to figure out what I can eat but I’ll have to cook something and can maybe force myself to do a little housework while that happens. Tonight I’ll probably just unambitiously mess with floss. I can’t work up any interest in stitching.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hot here and just lazy...wildfire smoke moving up here allergies being a pain so taking them but lalaland brain. not much going on ...one cat grounded still young one not coming in when suppose too. cousin picked up so sleepover is done and more kids.. ds friend ... cousins mom gave me the masks I bought from her. some for fun.. feed me w that plant from lil shop of horrors. and escapee from area 51. have a couple more coming.

the variegated sparkle yarn has made me 2 hats so far so making a kids hat to go with it so all 3 have one out of the same yarn. leftovers for dinner and watching older Agatha christie movies from library..ones haven't seen before. have a online scouts meeting too. house is clean enough still a mess but clean. bit by bit it gets done.