2020 Stash Management - Page 147
Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2418
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just discovered Ken Burns (filmmaker) is a quilt collector. Awesome.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't done much this week. My fabric order came on Sunday and I was able to get the spools quilt sandwiched and pinned. Did a little quilting on it and my carpal tunnel and shoulder pain started up almost immediately, so I had to stop. Got to do a little bit more today after letting it rest most of the week.

Backing:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1748.jpg

Front:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1747.jpg

The blue marks will come out with a damp cloth when I am done.

I ordered myself a miniature kit from China. I never did get the one I wanted when I had my foot surgery, so I went with amazon this time. It's very cute, but I may be totally crazy to try this, the little rabbits are ~1cm tall and they are not the tiniest things in the box.

2020 Stash Management-717ix1nlvml._ac_sl1000_.jpg

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The local sheep and fiber festival went virtual this year and the webpage looks to be well organized by several means - alphabetically, where the farms are located, by several different categories (knitting, fiber, crafts, supplies). Not sure if there will be videos on classes which the festival started offering over the last few years. At least one vendor offers wool batting - looks like it could be used for quilts or other things.

There are several different virtual events happening that I'm interested in. The yarn festival is one but I can jump in on that when I have the time, I think. There are a festival that's usually held out in California. I think it will only have a series of online concerts but that's fine with me. Not sure what else would've been available otherwise but I just saw the concerts.

I think I'm just noticing more festivals I usually go to in the fall. I'm glad people are getting more comfortable with virtual events and people are going that route during the pandemic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The local sheep and fiber festival went virtual this year and the webpage looks to be well organized by several means - alphabetically, where the farms are located, by several different categories (knitting, fiber, crafts, supplies). Not sure if there will be videos on classes which the festival started offering over the last few years. At least one vendor offers wool batting - looks like it could be used for quilts or other things.

There are several different virtual events happening that I'm interested in. The yarn festival is one but I can jump in on that when I have the time, I think. There are a festival that's usually held out in California. I think it will only have a series of online concerts but that's fine with me. Not sure what else would've been available otherwise but I just saw the concerts.

I think I'm just noticing more festivals I usually go to in the fall. I'm glad people are getting more comfortable with virtual events and people are going that route during the pandemic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another online grocery adventure and learning experience. I ordered a brisket. A little more per lb than I’ve been paying, but things are going up. When I unloaded the car ... WTH? They had chosen an enormous one, just over 19 lbs. probably because no one actually seeing it in the store would be crazy enough to buy it. Certainly not for one person. I knew if it went in the freezer I would be totally daunted by it and it would just stay there, so it had to go straight in the oven now. I had to butcher it - verb chosen with care - into three pieces to make it fit in roasting pans. I’m sure it was a sight to behold. Note to self - next time specify average size.

I’m still not doing much. No stitching. Maybe September just needs to be a time out, go with the flow month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last night I stumbled on a feature of my Audible app that I didn’t know was there. It tracks how much time I’ve spent listening by day, week, month and total. My total time is a shocking 11 months, 23 days, 5 hours and 3 minutes. That would be scandalous if I weren’t always doing something else while I listen. Admittedly, that something else is occasionally napping - lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is the fun of audio stuff you can do other things. I love old radio shows. Wow 19lbs! you think they would just cut and package it smaller. smoke is getting worse here so holed up in the house. no teens over for the first time now. finished the last hat and washed it all on handwash cycle with the other stuff I had made but put away. put everything to dry on towels and for kids not to touch. one cat picking on the other again so ungrounded him and let him out again but he is going to be in at dinnertime.

tried to post the pic of the hats but nope don't know what is wrong. just puttering inbetween shows cleaning and put stuff away from reno.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked on back-stitch again on Friday. I also cut up an old dress, ironed and folded fabric for some future use. Cut up more scraps into blocks and strips. Random fabric pile looks much neater now. USPS says my floss order should arrive Monday, that will be fun, just want to see all the colors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of the downsides of the virtual Sheep and Fiber Festival is not realizing how much I'm getting because I don't have the physical product in hand. (I am missing out on chatting with the vendors, as well.) One thing I did pick up was a mending loom for fixing holes in sweaters. I'll see how big it is when I get it. It looks like it has a flat section, which will be helpful with the sweaters. I do have at least one darning 'egg' for use on socks, athough I haven't used it yet. (I do need to darn the toes on some of my socks.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Some of my usual events have gone virtual and I have mostly ignored them. I go to them for the chance to interact with people I only see online most of the year, so getting into a virtual chat room is nothing special. It's also when I get to see products up close, so I haven't done any shopping through them. I can do that online any day of the year. One of my favorite events was a hot mess this year, they spread it out over zoom, twitter, FB, and a couple other platforms. I didn't know where to find anything.

Cats are helping with the basement today. They seem to like the new room and come down on their own now. Before the remodel they never would.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - Sorry you had a bad experience with the event you usually enjoy.

This is a 'once a year' event (for me) and I usually like going for the social interaction. But the organizers did a really good job. They created a Facebook page and are very responsive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you're having a good time with yours. I'm trying not to expect too much this year, but I had higher hopes from this group of organizers. I'm not expecting the quilt guilds to do anything this fall. There is one more local event that will be virtual, but again largely spent online with folks I already spend online time with.

It's a pretty nice weekend here, I think I will sew tomorrow. The light should be good.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry the organizers weren't ... well ... organized, CH. Hope things work out with the next event but if you don't go, fair enough.

I received my order of roving from one of the vendors from the sheep and fiber festival. I ordered early (on Thursday) and it arrived on Saturday. The roving's soft and loose. I don't feel like I have to rip the roving apart to spin. I do like the roving I bought early on in the shutdown but this roving will be a lot easier to work with as a beginner spinner.

I finished one lapgan. I decided not to use the last skein. I will stash that one until I decide to either make a scarf or rag-bag lapgan. I started another lapgan with leftover skeins from a previous project. It's variegated yarn in fall colors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, the new roving sounds nice. It's always a plus to not have to fight with your tools and materials.

DH and I agreed that focusing on the basement is a priority. I am giving up the garden this fall. Too much energy, not enough cost benefit. Getting rid of the storage trailer asap will save us more. We moved a small book shelf up the stairs today, it will replace a smaller book shelf in DH's office. Still so many boxes...

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH I like the backing fabric for spools. I saw a "apple" quilt similar to spools, the shape was made to look like apple cores, some blocks were whole apples. Clever idea. I started a small X-stitch autumn motif from the mynotions.com web site while at dad's. I used color substitutions. It will be interesting to see the actual recommended floss colors (supposed to arrive tomorrow) versus floss I used so far. However during this week I will work on the UFO X-stitch some more.