2020 Stash Management - Page 148
Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2271
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I feel kind of meh about a lot of the virtual events. One yearly event I enjoy is the Smithsonian Folk Life Festival. Part of the appeal is getting to see live music performances. But I can see lots of music performances on you tube and on TV. So seeing the folk life performances virtually was nothing special.

But I am sincerely enjoying the extra time I have saved by working from home. So I only complain a little bit.

I am enjoying get to read more and embroider more.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven’t been able to motivate myself to do much of anything. Last night I did start working on the coasters again. When I finish those I may start the cloudburst pattern. Maybe that would energize me to start stitching again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes virtual events are hit or miss. I watched some entertainers on stageit..to support them too and it was low cost. Plus it was ones I would probably not have the chance to see in person. and products.. some you need to feel and some not. things cancelled that are only once or twice a year are harder then stuff like movies. My mom was just saying how she missed the antique show we would go too. and true ..was special once a year one. you may not find stuff but hey once a year.

staying inside cus of the smoke. dh got the 3 drawer unit from ikea w top modular kitchen line.. for the kitchen..will put food and spices in it. like you ch cats all had to be involved in the putting it together. box was only couple of inches but of course had to be sat in. plus he did the curtain rods etc all little things but now I can put more things back and clean up the mess of stuff.

been tidying things like the overflow pantry , freezer etc taking out things to be used up. plus kids just throw things in and not organize. need to do a pantry challenge and just not shop and eat all the older stuff. esp now that it is cooler and can use the oven. fries , marinated pork out of the freezer tonight plus carrots. found more marinated pork too.

washed a bunch of my crochet stuff that I hadn't plus working on a scrap hat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree - virtual events can be hit or miss. I generally don't bother with things I can do usually in my area. The music concerts were something I wouldn't have been able to see otherwise since they were a part of a festival on the other side of the country. And sheep and fiber festival is just a 'once-a-year' event I do look forward to every year. I'm also leary of buying yarn without feeling it first but I decided to take a chance on a couple.

Been working on the vampgan, now that I've finished the lapgan WIP. It's finally cool enough to be comfortable to work on it as it covers my lap. I can have the windows open and still be warm in the evenings. (The windows are open, depending on how much I can tolerate the noise outside. Sigh.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brought home more sewing paraphernalia from mom & dad's house. Who knows where it came from at this point. Sorting it all out and organizing. Some can be donated (ex. scissors since I use special left-handed ones.) I probably have 100+ hand sewing needles and an extra pincushion. Going to split pincushions - one needles only (organize by size) and the other pins only. Can use some of the little containers for beads instead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to go through my yarn stash. Ds wants to get some plastic canvas cutouts for the girls. Found some on amazon, and then he asked if he needed to buy yarn too. I told him I'd give him some yarn. I know I have plenty around here. I'm happy to see them do more with the girls. That makes not seeing them easier for me.

Really need to get moving on dgd's quilt. It's been stalled since ds has been coming up on the weekends.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Floss arrived. Top 2 rows left are summer collection, bottom 2 rows left are autumn, right side is winter. A real nice variety of colors, few if any duplicates. I notice there is less luster than the DMC floss but really happy to have all these to work with now.2020 Stash Management-img_1048.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's gotten cool in my area. There's a 15-20* difference in temps between now and this time last week. I've been hitting my tea stash the past few days. I've been focusing on some of the older teas to finish them off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m maybe two hours from being finished with the coaster sets for Christmas. I still have the ones to do for the communal kitchen, but there’s no particular time for them. I won’t actually mount them in the coasters until nearer Christmas, but will be really glad to have all the stitching done.

Where’s SD? Anyone know?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's a nice selection of floss Dlr. It does seem to be a bit muted in range but you can always add colors.

DC, that's great that you've made so much progress! I imagine SD is off raking her forest floors.

I've been a complete lump so far today but I'm going to try and do a row on the spools quilt.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, yes, raking the forest floors! Had to use the Dustbuster on the rocks, which took extra time.

I'm not feeling very social lately. Too much to worry about.

I hate science deniers. Ignorant people are literally going to kill us all.

I finished the USA project. Still have to press and frame it, but it's washed. Decided to ignore the rust spots. I'd hate to damage it further after all that work.

I started a small 5x7 stitchery project. It looked okay in the hoop, but puckered up without it. Luckily I didn't have to rip much.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got one more row of spools quilted. Getting better with the squiggly curves between each spool. I am not looking forward to the christmas quilt but at least it is all straight lines, I can do some old fashioned cross-hatching if I want to get fancy.

Got all (most?) of my dollhouse supplies packed away and they don't even take up a whole cupboard. There are some more shoeboxes, but they can go in the cupboard with my other craft shoeboxes because they stack nicely.

I've been using some of our leftover cardboard to make improvements to the cat shelter on the back deck. The main problem is the top flaps were just taped shut, and the cats wanted to jump onto it and it did not hold their weight. Plus snow ended up on it, despite being on a covered deck, and when it melted the box got wet. I covered it in plastic but the cats still tried to sit on it. This years improvements include a slanted roof supported by 3/4" dowels. I want to find some way to raise it up 3-4" with an insulated layer to keep drifting snow and melt puddles out.

Glad to hear you finished that piece, SD. I look forward to seeing it after it is pressed.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - it’s quite ok to be unsocial. I was just hoping all was well. I’m relieved you finally got the forest in order. Can’t be too careful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Coasters are DONE! I’ll get some pics up eventually. Now to catch up with the SAL. Meanwhile the house needs more attention than it’s been getting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

awesome dcompton! nice to be ahead of the xmas gift crafting! always good for a break too. can't wait for the full pic of the flowers of the USA. I tend to just stay away from the news when it gets too much.

I should be doing some work online but just too brain foggy. the pier on the waterfront got on fire sunday night ..big fire ..the city had make a park on the old piers and made it longer. probably from a cigarette in the bush beside road just road train tracks and river..land kinda goes straight up. fire was underneath and still burning. they are ripping off the top to get to it and finish putting it out..creosote pilings smell so that on top of the wildfire smoke..air is rough here. they sent the kids home in the afternoon from high school when the smell got up here. first day of school. it was the old part of the pier so 150yrs? not sure at least most of the new part of the park was saved. so just staying inside and popping allergy pills.

dd had a bit of a fever so went to covid test just to be on the safe side..really don't think so but dh works in a school. so a one night thing back to teen self monday morning...dh was told to call covid hotline that took ages and book online and then he was told no you don't get one..he wasn't happy since he did everything he was told. which was well you probably don't have it but go for a test. so wasted time. and school was go to work. just conflicting info. we went to get clothes and video game for ds bday tomorrow and picked up more halloween decorations. tombstone inflatable. ds friends are already asking about halloween.. like we have 2 bdays and thanksgiving before then!

gave the hats to reno guy w the xmas headband I bought home from mils I had got her last year. made a scrap hat and started another. really not a great colour combo rum raisin caron cake got on sale. wish I could put on a/c hot and muggy.