2020 Stash Management - Page 149
Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2271
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear you got the coasters done, D. Always a good feeling.

You don't have to watch TV all the time, Martha. You have Justin! Hope your family is all okay.

I got the offending wrinkle-making stitches cut out of the squirrel and most of the squirrel done. Every time I do crewel, I remember why I don't do crewel. You'd think I'd remember why before I buy it, but no, that would make too much sense. I think it will probably look okay when it's done, from across the room. Or a half mile down the road.
    2020 Stash Management-20200916_185823_1600301416216.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - it looks fine to me. It’s a cute pattern. I’ve never done crewel.

I’m getting more caught up on the SAL. I’m just four weeks behind now. Last night I changed two of the patterns to an alternate choice so I had a good bit of quality time with the frog. I’m not sure why I thought it mattered since I really don’t like the piece as it has progressed. I wanted to use up some light green aida from the stash, and chose some green floss to use with it. It’s turning out dull and boring. It would have been better to have used white fabric or black floss with the green. I think my real problem is with the fabric. It’s pastel, but manages to look just washed out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have finished the quilting portion of the spools quilt. I have enough binding, tomorrow I will..... be taking my car in for new brakes and tires. So I will probably get to finish it over the weekend.

And then the christmas quilt.

They are giving me a loaner for a few hours tomorrow. I will probably go by Michael's because there is one nearby. I miss sitting in coffee shops. The air is bad enough here now I won't be able to sit outside.

The squirrel is cute. It will look better finished.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - hope things go well for you with the car. I also miss sitting in coffee shops. The temps are getting a bit too cool to sit outside in my area. We did get some smoke from the WC fires but it was just mostly a high haze yesterday.

I worked a bit on my new lapgan. I'm thinking of getting a few of them done, wash them and then donate the lot some place. I'm thinking either at one of the local senior housing facilities or looking up the local VA center. I may also check in to see if the local hospital will take them for the senior wing. The lapgans are long enough to cover most of the body but should be still narrow enough not to get caught in the railings (and the other bits and bobs) of a hospital bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last night I caught up the SAL except for this week’s block. I put it away and will let it wait for a few weeks. I’ve started working on the raven again. It’s fun to be cross stitching again after all the blackwork.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to JoAnn this morning. Yarn shelves pretty bare although I did see some Caron Cakes up high where nobody could reach. I got 2 skeins Big Twist yarn (JA brand) in a denim blue color door-buster sale for $1.50 each. Decided I wanted a hat & scarf to go with the denim jacket I sewed the wool liner for some weeks ago. They did have a quite a bit of floss but some colors out. Did not see any Aida or X-stitch fabric.
    Oh boy, just looked in the closet and found 3 skeins of pale rose Big Twist yarn I bought and forgot about. Better get busy huh?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone is having a good day. The plan today is to get the quilt border on. Hand stitching it after will take a bit, but not too long.

Need to check the garden for tomatoes and may pull weeds if I feel like it.

Wasn't much to look at in Michael's yesterday. My supply of candles is running low but I don't care for the fall scented candles. One good thing about masks, they help with that horrible fake fall/cinnamon smell. I did find a nice spring floral one at Big Lots though, for only $3.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think I've been in either Joann's and Michael's since the shutdown started. So I don't know what the state of the yarn shelves look like in either store in my area. They're probably just as bare as everyone else's. I'm glad I haven't done much stash-busting in the past so I have a good amount of yarn stocked up for the time being.

I think I will work on my vampgan this weekend since it's supposed to be chilly, according to the weather forecasts. The vampgan will take some time since I'm working with fingering weight yarn. And it's long enough to cover my lap and will keep my legs warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The binding has been sewn on the quilt, now I am trying to fold it to the back to finish it. I made it too narrow, I should have known better. Have already shaved the seam allowance for an extra 1/8" of space. I think I am going to leave the hand sewing for Monday, I can listen to my streaming video and sew at the same time.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sp Justin? don't know who you are talking about from my crochet groups ..joanns and hobby lobby has been having major sales the last few weeks so maybe that is why shelves are bare. like half price etc. That is a nice idea doing lap blankets for seniors.

I think the squirrel is so cute. the smoke is suppose to clear up more tomorrow ..taking ds and a few friends to arcade using up gift cards too. his bday was yesterday. my baby is 16..got him video games and clothes. dh was still in quite a mood about everything ..invoked his mom lol said ds bday last year was not the greatest time ..since his mom died a couple of weeks before and not that ds knew others were trying to schedule her funeral that day. worked lol his mom would have said smarten up! , went to lunch w friends which was nice plus ran into others I knew in the mall. glad that everyone is healthy. ..one store is going out of business jayset/nyaard so got 6 pairs of pants for $29 dollars. some for me and some for dd.

last of the cherry tomatoes I sent over to my mom. still working on the hat. my friend sent me a picture of the caron cake anniversary cakes which are big like a pillow and said don't lie how many do you have lol said only one. though caron is coming out with a lot more so not like there will be others to buy! buster is grounded again for not listening to come in ..had a chance but well..go threw it with every cat and teen lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Justin Trudeau.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have just been lurking around here quietly for a while. Sometimes, I don't feel like posting much.

I am working on an embroidery.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200919_093718232_1600522965212.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice embroidery, Kathy. Don't the beads make it heavy in the center?

Cool, lazy weekend day here. Would have been a perfect weekend to go out to a fall festival.

DH and I are going to work on the basement. He brought in more boxes, but they are old VHS tapes.... not keeping those forever, sorry.

M, yes, lots of craft store sales as usual, but they aren't restocking like they used to.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Justin Trudeau.
    ah our pretty trust fund boy. he is ok didn't vote for him. he is just the same as the others.. lots of people thought he was so different but nope. didn't have a proper job until politics. professional student. I am trying to skip virus and politics on social media. here last three nights are gang shootings. they had been quiet for a while.