2020 Stash Management - Page 150
Page 150 of 162 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2418
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, he must be doing something right or covid would be a much bigger problem there now.

Been working on the squirrel. I've concluded it should be on a stretcher and will have to be permanently mounted on something rigid when it's done. It shrinks up the longer it's out of the hoop. I can't make the tension any less.

Can't find anything to top the second gallery, but if nothing turns up at home, maybe we'll stumble on something if we can ever go to unnecessary places again.

Husby has to take Mom an hour away for a brace appointment next week, so that's another opportunity for us to get our winter stock. We're getting close. Prices here in town are about back to pre-covid and supplies seem more stable, so I hope that continues. Only need a few things.

RIP, RBG.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want 2020 over so I’m planning for next year. I found another Heaven and Earth Designs FB group that I’ve joined. It’s called the 12 Days of HAED. Oiginally it was to begin 12 HEADS from Dec 26 to Jan 6 and work on them through the year, sort of like Stitch Maynia where you begin a cross stitch every day in May. The catch is, those can be little. HAEDs do t work that way. Over time it’s morphed into starting new ones or continue working on WIPs, 12 or fewer, pretty much anything goes. I’ll be starting the two large ones I intended to start anyway, put in three or four WIPs, and fill out the slate with the smallest ones. Maybe with the instigation of the group I’ll get some finished!

I bought Royal floss for Cloudburst, but I’ve decided to do it with DMC. with the falling rain there are a lot of subtle color changes and I think I’d best stick with. DMC for it. I should have most of what I need, though with it’s acres of pale grays and blues I will probably need extra of those, but not immediately. I can use the Royal for some of the small ones. I will also have fabric on hand for those, so the costs of the new direction will be minimal.

I’m still going to try to get the raven done before then. A second would be nice to finish, but I don’t think it’s likely.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, he may not be your first choice but down here we're listening to Nero's fiddle and the country is literally burning. Anyway....

Haven't progressed with the quilt binding, just haven't been able to sit and focus on it. When I ordered the backing I also got these colorful charm squares and a strip pack, and I am already thinking of making some donation quilts just to keep busy. I have a couple of tubs of fabric for donation quilts, would be nice to use up some of it. The quilt guild continues to do zoom meetings at 9am, which I guess works for some people but not me. I don't have a camera and wouldn't be very sociable at that hour.

2020 Stash Management-0741774.jpg

Hopefully I can do something fun with this and find someone to give it to later.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The beads are not too heavy. They are the large seed beads. Size 6 or 8 I think. I don't have the original packaging.

I like my freeform embroidery because I can just use whatever thread I have. And I can mix and match brands. There are three different brands in this.

I have been dabbing in the things I felt like I would not have time for till I retired. Slowly working my way through the ideas. The only thing I need to hold off on till retirement is the temperature blanket. That is a daily time commitment.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's chilly here today but at least the skies are blue again. The haze has gone, although my allergies are still acting up. Had to wear a warm sweater when I went to my local farmer's market. They spread it out further in the parking lot to accommodate social distancing but it's still outside. I hope the pandemic will have calmed down enough to hold it indoors in the winter.

Working my way through my tea stash, which means I can see part of a counter I haven't seen in years for the tea containers. I need to reorganize my pantry to see what I need to get rid of, use up, and put away better. That's one good thing to come from the shutdown/work from home orders.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is true. I just don't bring politics much to the site because everyone believes different things. Trump is a classic narcissist for sure. Justin does know how to listen but there is the usual wash my hand I wash yours etc. Our Liberal party is actually like your Republicans. That is how their policies line up, all screw the little people for big business. For you guys it is totally different what a Liberal party is.

But all the premiers etc are listening to their health authorities in their provinces. Plus we all about keeping the border closed. We have Dr Bonnie Henry and one of the strictest rules about it. We still have issues of course. There is some really big differences between our two countries in viewpoints etc even without the virus. just how they evolved I guess. Like in fb I just hide posts, or block sites I don't want to see. Think we all want safe spaces to get a break from it all.

gave up on the hat and back on the lap blanket I really like this skinny cake colour combo. I will have to get more next sale. not like I need more yarn but they always limited colours. my armoire for caron cakes is stuffed. I put the 2 vanilla bean and the rhubarb cream. plus all my other stuff lol wish my hands would let me crochet more. I need to do a big blanket to use up some.. and not going to talk about the other yarn stashes lol

at least did clear off the dining room table.. a little a day gets the work done. the railing outside is up so that will keep friends happy.

rain did clear a lot of the smoke which is good because trying not to take meds for a couple of days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished the squirrel. I guess I can live with him. I'm not sure how to mount that. Maybe foamcore. Depends how much it will have to be stretched. I'd like to be able to put it on the galleries so maybe a stretcher frame isn't the best for that.

For my next trick, I shall attempt this, without even a safety net:
    2020 Stash Management-20200920_170403_1600641544413.jpg
    It's 16x20, but only the deer, trees, and ground in lower right corner are actually stitched. I figure I might as well do some more stitchery since I've had a little practice. It's less taxing on my poor anxious brain than cross stitch. I see by a price sticker I paid 50 cents for the kit so I should get my money's worth of entertainment from it. I really love the scene.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

would your squirrel make a nice pillow cover? crewel pieces for pillow cushions are popular here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice projects SD. I cast on and knit about 2" of a hat over the weekend using the new yarn. Wrapper calls the color "slate" but pretty close to denim blue. Weather has turned cold! 45 degrees in the AM, hat and gloves needed. Supposed to warm up this week, we'll see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Agree with M, the squirrel would make a cute pillow cover for fall.

I like the deer project, too. Not a lot of work and you'd have something finished.

I'll be working on my quilt today, hope to get one side of it hand sewn down. It's sunny a beautiful out, even though we still can't see the sky because of smoke.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a use for pillow covers, but it's a nice idea. I accidentally found a couple sets of stretcher bars this AM that will work, so I'm going with that. Should work nicely and can go on the gallery. My thought too was I can get the project done without a ton of work, get it out of stash status, and get it framed and out where we can enjoy it. It actually reminds me of our area, except the purple mountain would be a mine dump here. 😄

Thanks, DLR.

I got the threads all set up for the deer. I'm missing dark brown but I'm sure I can scare some up. I don't need much. I also found out the bottom of the linen had been cut off less than ½" from the printing of the picture. No way to even put a hoop on it. I suspect that's why the PO got rid of it. Either it was a factory error or the PO mistakenly trimmed it off for some reason. I sewed a scrap of a sheet on it, which should work out fine.

I also came across another small UFO. Not sure why I never finished it because I love it. It just needs backstitching which is partially done. Shouldn't take long.
    2020 Stash Management-20200921_132603_1600712786963.jpg

We out a Christmas stocking x st kit in the donate box but then I realized it could be made just as a Christmas picture, so we saved it. It will be a fun project when the time comes.

It appears I'm in winter hobby mode already. I guess that's what happens when stuff gets organized so I can find it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the deer piece too. Go for it!

We’re getting off and on expected rain and the temps are actually cool. I’ve opened the door to the screen porch and turned off the a/c. That’s a nice change.

The cross stitch is creeping along. I’ve hit some confetti again. Yesterday I had working on it for over an hour and saw I had done around 30 stitches. Today’s area should be better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nice! what I do start the project in the wrong place and then you realize too late.. cross stitch not my skill. I did dig out a craft bag ..lovely one I bought w japanese fabric.the exp quilt stuff. but never like the beads on it though part of the signature style so clipped them off and wondering if I should give them back or not. but think I will just put in the thrift store box. not that is was bad just not my thing. beat the cat hair and dust off and threw away the yarn labels. put some of the yarn in there away and did some work on the c2c blanket that I had started in there. using two yarns at once mandala to use up some of the colours that are ends or have enough of to spare them.

hopping to one project to another. did find a bag of craft paint and other things from who knows when on the bottom of the cupboard I keep decor in.. so my project when I get down to the basement..dust etc down there too. snails pace but will get done.

watching season 9 great british bake off because never really saw the last few esp and new one starts tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I posted yesterday that it was raining, .2”. So far so good, lhuh? Then it stopped and we’ve had none since. I would check weather when it was supposed to be starting to find it pushed off another four or six hours. Over and over. I was starting to think Beta was mythical. Then the pest control guy was here for the routine outdoor treatment, and he said it rained heavily all day yesterday in the city. Weird. This morning at 7:00 it had had been moved off to 3:00. It’s looking like that finally may happen. I checked radar and it does look like the rain may finally be moving in. Now supposed to rain all night, tomorrow and into Thursday. We’ll see.

I have frittered away days, just not feeling up to doing anything. I stitched a little last night. Very little. I’m getting really tired of hovering between well and unwell. Sigh. With luck maybe I can get more done tonight. Meanwhile I absolutely must rouse myself enough to carry some kitchen trash out before the rain starts. Then I hope the rain will energize me. It usually does.

My. What a whiney post. I’m just grumpy. Silver lining - it’s turned cool. It’s 70 today! Maybe I’ll have a more sensible post tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's been cool, but very humid here, sunny, but hazy so the sky is grey. It's making me feel sluggish and slightly headache-y too. It's funny how now that it is cooler out at night the house is more stuffy without the AC on, and we have not been sleeping well. I'm sure some allergies too because my eyes itch.

I did another side of the quilt by hand, and pinned the next foot or so for tomorrow. It's progress. DH brought some boxes in to be unpacked, at least one had my name on it, so I'll be heading downstairs soon.

Hope you feel better soon, DC. Rest and don't worry about the house.

Use it up, Wear it out,