2020 Stash Management - Page 151
Page 151 of 162 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2418
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D, maybe you should get a covid test. Symptoms sound like it could be a mild case. ☹️☹️☹️ I hope the rain recharges you.

Got the wolf UFO done. Didn't think it would take all day, but at least it's ready to fake frame. Somewhere I lost the silver feather fetish that came with the kit, no surprise. I also can't find my silver feathers in my bead stuff. ANY of them. Something is awry. I used a gold one but silver would be better. I have some napkins with wolf tracks motif, so I'm hoping one is big enough for the fake frame.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feeling better second day in a row. Hopefully on the mend. Now my only remaining excuse is laziness - lol.

I got more done on the raven last night though I’m still in a region with a fair amount of confetti. I’ve finished 46% of it.

The national parks challenge I liked but never started ends in December. It was a year long one. The one for next year is huge, a bookshelf challenge. There is a genre a month and the moderators choose three representative books. The number of stitches required is based on the number of pages., at least for the counting version. They have to be full coverage. So today I redid my list for the 12 days of HAED. Several of those weren’t full coverage and could not have been used for the book challenge. I ended up with a good variety of size, color, and subjects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am glad to hear you are recovering.

I think it is okay to be lazy once in a while.

The first couple days after an illness, your energy is still recovering.

Of course you don't really need an excuse to be lazy.
    KathyB

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got a side and a corner turned on the quilt. One half of one side and the final corner tomorrow.

DH brought in some boxes. A tub of games went into the cupboard. I'll have to rearrange stuff on a shelf before I can unbox the small haunted house dollhouse. Space is rapidly filling up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

better to rest and get better! fall storm here and don't have to work until tomorrow so getting into fall mode. pulled out fall decor to put out. turned on heat first time. watching halloween wars etc love halloween. we ate our first box of candy bars lol and found out I am a season behind on the great british bake off. of course always housework. reno guy done and found more stuff to give his kids. so just basics laundry and dishes today and make soup. and since machines do the work for me not hard at all.

working on one wip to get it done while watching my shows. I know what I said about politics..don't mind some talk about it....just a comment.. here too provincial election and maybe federal election.. some gossip seems that maybe our justin may have a divorce after next election. yours remind me of my sil classic narcissist ..she would be him if she was a man etc. give me basically ptsd the reminders. so thankful for all the new tv shows new star trek lower levels and discovery tonight! and fall decor .

I offered my leftover ribbon from long ago ribbon embroidery to scouts for making identity necklaces. also the grab bag wooden initials. also if I look other things too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still sunny with high haze, warming up, a perfect early fall day. Woke up with allergies. Cats sneezing, too, so windows all closed now. We could use a good rain storm.

Spools quilt is finished and when camera batteries recharge I'll get photos.

Politics... yes, ugh. Don't want to argue with anyone over it but sometimes a person needs to vent with like minded folks who aren't going to start a flame war. It sure is a frustrating year all around.

Quilt guild is having a jelly roll/pre-cut strip party on zoom this weekend. Which would be fun if I had a camera and any privacy to talk. You know, when women get together they talk about their husbands... mine would be 10ft away listening to every word.... NOT! But I may do some assembly on that strip quilt I started this summer, the pink and green one, I forget what the block was called.

It's time to figure out how I am going to quilt the christmas quilt. I need something easy, that won't make my shoulders hurt with wrestling the quilt around a lot.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol yes I like rupaul drag race all the entertainment and makeup etc now drag race holland. tried to do accounting in peace on the week..just a few extra things that needed doing for them.. put on drag race as a hint to get rid of dh since he doesn't like it after he came home and he started complaining about drag race later and so I said you still didn't the hint to leave so that is why you were told go away. can't do accounting without mistakes with family around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! You all may not remember me but I used to post in here fairly regularly. I had lost my login and got busy with life and all so never got back in here! I’ve finally got it all straightened out and I’m back for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WB, Hikr! Hope all is well.

We're shopping today, out of town. I don't think I've done that since 2/14. I may hit HL for fabric. Haven't decided yet. Wish I knew if they had anything.

Winter's coming fast here. Highs next week are supposed to be in the 40s. Time to haul the dock up out of the lake and get ready. Need to set up our camper and make sure everything is okay inside. Makes me sick we had to waste an entire yr of retirement not camping. Still trying not to complain, considering everything, but some days it's hard. Best we can hope for now is competent leadership starting in January, that can start getting this train wreck back on track. Maybe I'll be able to sleep again then, and quit the anxiety eating, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of my knees is hurts and I don't know how I did it. I don't know if I pulled a tendon or something. Thankfully, I have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I'll bring it up then. I've been puttering around with a cane I picked up for a steampunk outfit I never got around to putting together. It helps but I think I need one geared specifically for walking, rather than for looks.

I haven't really been working on my WIP. I've mostly been reading fanfiction instead of crocheting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone is having a good day. Sorry about your knee, Ren. Give it some rest.

Hobby store finally got in an order I placed in July, so I will be going out to fetch that and do some other errands.

Yesterday I laid the christmas quilt out on the bed and shifted the wrinkle out of the middle of the backing. There was a ~3ft wide section the length of the quilt with safety pins every 4" that I had to move one by one. I need another box of safety pins, too.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi hikr! Iím glad youíre back!

Itís a lovely cool overcast day here. Iíve done some housework and now Iím going to settle in for some stitching. Last night I got to 48%. I WILL get to 50% today!

We ended up getting around 3Ē of rain out of Beta. That helped make it feel like fall is nearly here. Itís going to warm up into the 80s this weekend, but itís trending down to more sensible and liveable temperatures.

During stitching breaks I will do a little decluttering in the living room, but mostly itís raven day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back. Spent about $600, mostly on pet and wildlife supplies and groceries. I bought 11 pieces of fabric, mostly ⅓ yd, mostly for fake frames. HL was fully stocked and all fabric by the yd was 25% off, except a not very Christmassy Christmas print at 40% off. I had $32 worth of fun picking it all out. It was lucky we hit that sale.

Everyone had masks per Gov Walz's mandate, and I only saw a couple people playing it cute and wearing their masks over their mouths but not noses. Slightly better than nothing.

Saw some, not a lot, of political signs, about evenly split. Wore our pins and no one shot us, so that's a win.

Fall color was spectacular. Good thing we saw it today. We're having a thunderstorm roll through right now, so it might not last long.
    2020 Stash Management-20200925_130351_1601070143816.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Beautiful scenery, SD, thanks for sharing. A few leaves changing here, but nothing worth photographing yet.

Hobby store had 2/3 of my order, which was something, I suppose. Went to the 2nd hand fabric store for some retail therapy. They had a bin of unsorted scraps, pre-cuts, FQs and whatnot, on sale by the ounce. I bought a lot of the cut squares and 2 yds of a pretty gold print. And more safety pins.

Have not seen a lot of political yard signs up. As a group the city typically votes the same way every year, and I don't expect that to change. I think only the voting lines will get longer this year.

DC, glad you're having some nice weather.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty scenery SD. Reminds me 3 deer were eating my yard Wednesday morning. Did not mind too much since foliage will be gone soon regardless. Finished back-stitch on the small Autumn Leaves design from mynotions web site. I started another design on the same fabric, it is khaki-color Aida and really suited to these motifs.