2020 Stash Management - Page 152
Page 152 of 164 FirstFirst ... 52102142149150151152153154155162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2448
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free shipping at JoAnn.com today. I forgot to get white thread last time I was in the store, I am seriously out of that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sprung my fabric from covid jail early so I could fondle it some more and be able to see what I bought since I forgot. This is yesterday's haul, plus the paw print napkin I'll use to fake frame the wolf UFO. I bought the pine cones, upper right, yesterday, and it looks like a great match for the squirrel. I have no plans for the spools, but loved the colors and theme, so had to have a yd. The rest is just generic framing fabric.
    2020 Stash Management-20200926_093438_1601131701410.jpg
    I'm glad I finally got a chance to do one frivolous shopping event. We arrived 3 minutes before they opened. The store was mostly empty, nobody in the fabric area except the cutter only after I made my selections, screens, signs, floor markings everywhere per CDC guidelines, and then just the clerk at checkout and 3 customers buying a gigantic mirror socially distanced behind us just briefly. It sucks being home for months, only going to med appts and sometimes a few groceries. It was good to get out for a change. I hope we don't get sick from it. 74 new cases in our sparsely populated county yesterday. It's sobering and a great incentive for staying home.

Fleet Supply was completely restocked with all their seasonings, so I was able to get 4 bottles of dill seed that was sold out when Husby was in Hibbing. Of course I ended up buying about 10 more assorted bottles. Love thier seasonings. I'm well stocked for the winter, so no reason to worry about having to eat boring food or do without good HM pickles. Husby got to look at the grass trimmer he's thinking of buying, so he was happy.

We bought 60 pounds of shelled peanuts, 40 lbs of whole peanuts, and 200 lbs of sunflower seeds, so that will cover our wildlife food needs through the winter, except suet and deer corn. We're hoping not to have to go out of town again till spring, except for Mom's appts. Also picked up some canned goods we needed. Prices and supplies seem to have stabilized locally, so we should be okay for winter with the massive stock we have, plus picking up fresh items and some sale items once a month or so over winter. Goal is to stay home as much as possible during cold and flu season which will only exacerbate covid. The best way to avoid the risk is to stay home, so we will.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you were able to get out, SD, and had a relatively good time shopping. That pinecone fabric is perfect for the squirrel piece. I like the other choices, too.

As promised, here is the photo of my spools quilt.

2020 Stash Management-dscn1757.jpg

Yesterday's fabric finds. A lot of it is 4-4.5" squares. The brights are a charm pack. I think I got someone's cast-off quilt project.

2020 Stash Management-dscn1760.jpg

Not sure what is going on today. I need to do laundry and more in the basement. The weather is really nice and I don't want to waste it.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good shopping trips and fabric finds! I need to sort through the disorganized pantry and see what I need to add, but I’m not too concerned about it. With online ordering and pickup, risk is minimal. I only encounter one person. The worker is at the car window very briefly, both of us in masks, then loads everything into the back of the car. I have a couple of medical appointments in mid/late October, will probably put a third off until spring. Other than that, I have no need to go anywhere which suits me just fine.

Mission accomplished! I got to 50.31% on the raven last night. It’s downhill from here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the wildlife will be very happy with you this winter! nice to get out and find out they have what you want. that pinecone pattern is perfect! the fall picture was lovely thanks for sharing. not quite fall here yet.

good score on the squares ch and the spool quilt is lovely. haven't been up to much w cycle of allergy meds and sugar..don't know why it makes me crave sugar. not finished the wip yet. got nice and sunny yesterday afternoon but back to rain off and on here. don't feel like doing much but feel like getting out. have an online order to pick up and donut craving. have a busy week ahead and rain doesn't make you feel like you have to do anything. besides nag kids etc. think we will watch the new netflix movie enola holmes this weekend as a family. work on my wips. remembered I have a pumpkin doily out of neon orange yarn to finish off too

I did order from a party place here that has so much! they had halloween clearance stuff .. halloween loot bags for 99 cents, activity book w crayons 99 cents too. figure for scouts and little kids that works. 30 of each candy for older kids. We like our halloween here. have to look in the downstairs closet to see if I have clearance candy like lollipops from last year. we went though our first box of mini choc bars. ds wants a halloween party w just a few friends so got other loot boxes for them on sale. just food and movies. plus cheap party pack of black and orange ..plates, balloons etc. love all the stuff on clearance way before the date.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your spools are so beautiful, CH. Good find of the squares, too.

We normally don't buy so much ahead for our small critters, Martha, but it seems prudent at this point. We'll also buy about a half ton of corn for the deer over winter, but hope to get that in town. We don't feed them till after rifle season, which ends at the end of November. Some states have already canceled trick or treating in the US, another way the antimaskers have taken away our freedoms.

I never thought of the squirrel when I bought the pinecones. Squirrel just happened to be laying there when I dragged in the fabric and set it out. It's the obvious choice, and the colors in Squirrel and the pinecones match even better than they look in the picture. Too bad Squirrel isn't holding a pinecone, but clearly it's not a perfect world.

I forgot to look for fabrics to add to the Bright and Dark quilt stash. I was planning only to get maybe 4 pieces for fake frames and didn't know about the sale, so was caught off guard. Maybe next time. I got a very nice haul from all the DfG stuff for Bright and Dark, so will be able to go a long way on that quilt before I need more fabric. I'm far from starting it anyway because I'm still working on Triangles. And I also bought stuff for Bear Paw, which I keep forgetting. I won't be suffering a quilt fabric shortage, but Bright and Dark would have been a nice excuse for more fabric shopping. Maybe next time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the frame part sewed on the wolf. It looks good. Just have to get the interfacing and backing on. I forgot to cut the squirrel square before I put the sides on, so that's a redo. At least it's not very big. I just don't feel like sewing today.

We did finally get out to the garage to look at some old wire shelving. I don't have lumber for the game shelves I want to add on top of another cabinet in the back room. It's kind of a temporary thing so don't want to spend on it. I think I can cobble the wire shelves together with some salvaged 1x6s. Hope so anyway. Free sounds good.

I found the pull-out cup rack I thought I had gotten rid of. I'm ruminating on that, trying to figure out if I can cut it in half to make 2, so I can put them in the former medicine cabinet to store necklaces. I found some scrap to make an elevated base for the makeover, too. I decided one thing I didn't like about that cabinet was it had to be put on the wall, which means damage and no options to easily move it. I also have several small jewelry boxes and need the cabinet to be high enough to slide some, or at least one, of them underneath. Putting it on a pedestal should solve both problems. I had an idea how to use the insides of the doors to hang things. I had given that up due the way they're constructed, since I can't drill through the mirrors. But I figured it out, I think. I love it when a project leaps into my mind with every detail fully formed. This has not been one of those.

I'm also taking the legs off my jewelry armoire and setting it on the dresser. It's not living up to its full potential on the floor.

Lots of irons in the fire again. Not sure we'll get to the parcel box. Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, sugar is a hard habit to break. I just don't buy halloween candy. Lots of things can cause sugar cravings, including dehydration, not enough protein in your diet, vitamin imbalance, and a drop in blood sugar. Try eating more low-glycemic foods that stick with you, like oats, brown rice, beans, nuts, and whole grain bread. And of course, vegetables!

Very dark this morning with a storm rolling through. Not sure what the plan is. I got more safety pins so I might do the last corner of the christmas quilt. Might do a few more patches on my old quilt.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been really dry in my area for the past few weeks. I'm actually looking forward to a rainy day, provided it's not a torrential downpour. Leaves are starting to turn but the temps have been warm, more like summer than fall.

Finished skein #1 on the new lapgan and started skein #2. I'm pretty sure I have enough in my stash for it already so I doubt I'll need more. It's been too warm to work on the vampgan since that covers my lap. I'm not too worried since the temps are beginning to get cooler. I just think this is the last gasp of summer-like weather. The vampgan will be good when the temps do drop into more fall like temps in the next few weeks. It's long enough to keep most of my legs warm when that happens.

My knee seems to be getting better but I'm glad I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'll bring it up then. I just hope it's something that time can heal and not something that needs surgery. I picked up a cane on Friday and that seems to be helping, especially dealing with the stairs. But having it to help with maintaining balance and the like has been helping in general. I think it's because I'm not tensing up as much and doing a hop-limp motion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ch for the ideas. I do all those things just something I noticed a few decades ago when it is the really bad part of the year and taking a lot of allergy pills..like a storm that runs though and gone. those little halloween choc bars.. lol get a bite of each type. There is some things I don't keep in the house cus I just can't keep my hands off them if they are here. We always have one box. I stocked up on some things on international sale and put the extras in the bedroom and some is for xmas. so they don't disappear in a short time.

Spirited, I think better to get it now before it runs out. I still have some suet seed blocks from last year. the animals will thank you. I don't know what is happening w halloween..so far things under control so will see. Figure if activity bags they don't go bad or to my hips lol plus I like playing grandma to the little kids at scouts or guides.. my kids too old so if I see fun stuff give to them.. got some loot boxes for them. We got about 120 kids last year so think candy for older kids and other stuff for younger. What ever happens we will decorate.. we have a lot lol go to the neighbours for a drink and fireworks. we sit outside. She is in her 80s and dresses up a bit. my mil loved too also. There is getting more mask issues here too. mostly make fools of themselves.

That was a happy accident then with the squirrel and pinecone fabric! hope the medicine cabinet conversion works out.

We have thanksgiving in a couple of weeks so that is more the focus now and dr henry is be sensible. so you get the extreme of you can't tell me what to do to the woo hoo have a perfect excuse not to go. but I don't think it is as big as a deal up here Thanksgiving. though keep an eye on the sales ..need more stuffing mix since now the kids like it. goes for 99cents now.

has been rain at night and morning but sunny afternoons but then summer weather coming for rest of the week 80s. so will see. one of those crochet afternoons..dd has friend over making lemon loaf which is nice but she opened the new pack of flour which is self raising and didn't notice lot looking at kitchen..dishwasher is for rewashing. discovered we can watch more shows online w cable salvage hunters guy classic cars. and dh not thinking and getting in trouble..fence stain colour..men doing the buying and no asking the wife about colours.

so everyone can have leftovers for dinner and see if we are watching enola sherlock on netflix.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know if the city has cancelled trick or treating, it's not a thing in my neighborhood anyway. Churches and other groups sponsor a "safe" event with games and food at a community location, so kids aren't in the street or going door to door.

We saw Enola Holmes last week. Good clean fun for the family. A bit silly at times, but nicely done.

Was looking at the new scraps I bought. Counted exactly 100 of the green paisley "squares". They are 3.5x4". An odd size but all very neatly cut for some purpose. There are 12 4" squares and 28 3.5" squares. It would make a sort of offset 9 patch. It would end up being 25 9" blocks, for a lap quilt.

Not sure what the 4.5" squares were cut for, could have been an entirely different person's project. I haven't counted but there could be 100 of those, too. The colors go very well with the paisley, but I don't know what the intention was.

Going to try to get the christmas quilt started today. Big project, but it's time!

Hope everyone's week starts well.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A cold front or jet stream loop or whatever came through and we had spectacular thunderstorms in the early hours of the morning. It’s the first day that feels like fall.

A couple of infuriating spam calls woke me early - twice - so I’m a little sluggish, but have a lot to do. I’ll take a nap this afternoon and then work on the raven again. I’m finally into dark colors after tons of white and very pale blue. I’m enjoying the change.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you'll have fun dreaming up projects for your squares, CH.

Congrats on getting your raven to a more interesting point, D.

Today's show & tell:
    2020 Stash Management-20200928_091236_1601309994076.jpg
    I bought the arrow fabric thinking it probably wouldn't work with anything I'm currently fake framing, but thought it was neutral and liked the design, so something suitable would turn up. I had planned on something red for the "beadwork" wolf, but when I laid the arrows next to it, the gold arrows drew the gold in the wolf to my eye. It's perfect, and I like the arrows because of the NDN theme of the pic, too. It all ties together nicely on several levels. The maa'ingan (wolf) clan is one of the seven clans of the Ojibwe nation, and that made the arrows work, too.

Got the squirrel all squared up and redone, obvs, so that looks lots better. Love it with the pine cones. They have gold accents on all the "petals" which don't show in the pic, but look extra nice in person.

I knew when I put the paw prints next to the feather wolf that there wouldn't be enough color contrast, but I still wanted it because wolf tracks. I like how it turned out with the dark brown bias tape accent that banished the blah.

I made another block for the Triangle quilt, too.

I tried to figure out what to do with the spools for my Go! mat case. I don't like it as is, but I don't have enough space to do much else. I'm looking at the narrow strips in your spools border, CH, and may go that direction. I think it's the only option. They're sewed to each other now, but it makes them look too smashed together and lumpy. I'm starting to really hate that project. Shoulda never used that pattern. Too lazy to start over though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Your frames came out beautifully, SD. Perfect choice of fabric on each one. The bias strip framing is a nice touch.

I made a narrow folded piping for the frame of my spools quilt. It just needed something out there, and I had all these scraps left over.

The cat is helping finish the safety pins. A bag of 50 wasn't enough, I had to scrounge another dozen in my sewing room this morning. I still have not decided on a quilting design. Straight lines would be easy, but boring. Going to get lunch. Never make important decisions on an empty stomach.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, CH. I'm really loving the fabric frames. All these years, we thought we could teach ourselves how to cut mats for our needle art, but we were in denial. We suck at it, without investing in professional cutters we don't have space for. So it will be fabric matting from now on, even for stuff that goes into real frames. I did do one framed piece using plain fabric as matting, yrs ago, so I don't know why I haven't done more of it. Better late than never.

I will probably do narrow strips just sewn between my spools. I did that on the window of the moose quilt I did a couple yrs ago and it worked okay. I'd like to get this project done soon so I can forget about it. Moosie, just for a visual aid.
    2020 Stash Management-20181215_150434_1601318273396.jpg