2020 Stash Management - Page 160
Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2487
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - hope you're doing better today and you don't have a set back on your arm.

dc - hope your appointment goes well.

CH - hope they figure out what's going on with your hand.

The sports center place where I get my PT is really good about keeping a limited number of people in the gym where we do our sessions. And they wipe down every piece of equipment very quickly once people are done with it. Within a minute, if I can hazard a guess.

Been working on the vampgan. This weekend is supposed to get cold at night (into the mid-30*s) so having something that covers my legs will be night. Daytime temps will be ok (in the 60*s) but dropping when the sun goes down.

I'm driving out to a farm about 2 hours away to pick up an order I placed back in the spring. I ordered 1lb of fresh ginger and it's finally harvested. But they don't (or perhaps can't) send fresh stuff through the mail. I've ordered dry herbs from them in the past so I didn't think much of it when I placed my order. I think I may have thought they either would mail it or it was closer than it was. Oh well. I think I may just not order fresh stuff from them in the future, just the dried herbs. If it was a normal year, I might have made a day of it and gone to the local renn faire (which is a pretty big one). But it's not and the faire's been closed all season. Then again, with my knee being sketchy, it's probably for the best I won't be tempted to walk around much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the felt bags made for Halloween. Didn't have enough orange, so one side is a darker yellow color. Found a small piece of green for stem. Got them sewn and done last night. Filled them with old rice. Next is to get the pumpkin punch board made. Then back to sewing on the quilt. I don't think I'll get as many projects done this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I really like the quilt. So colorful. SD - the carrier turned out well. The patches do look better with the strips between them.

SD - you have many admirable qualities I would do well to imitate, so of all that you do, why do I choose to make you my role model for — falling? My feet in the air moment was last night. I was sitting at the sink washing dishes, stood to turn on the disposal, turned it off, stepped back, and slipped. I grabbed the edge of the sink but my hand was wet and slipped off, I pushed the chair back falling, and crashed to my tile on cement floor, landing hard on my bum. Let me tell you, that is not recommended tailbone care. It is Not Fair when sitting is what hurts. And sitting down. And standing up. I can stand the recliner for 20 minutes or so, but this may be the day to finally stay at the table sitting forward, and put away all the floss I’m finished with, a job I’ve been resisting. Also to get floss ready to go for the rain lady.

My friends are mindful of my covid vulnerability, but they LOVE holidays and I can see them urging me to come at least for the meal or to open Christmas presents. I’ve never cared about holidays. It took me years to convince my friends I really preferred a quiet day at home alone. When I moved out here that wasn’t really an option, but maybe it can be this year.

M- I thought if you on Canadian thanksgiving, but didn’t get around to posting. When I was in college in Toronto long ago, Thanksgiving caught me off guard every year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ough! DC, better take it easy, and get a heating pad later. At least you have something to distract you for the day.

After everything I did this week my shoulder is starting to feel better. I may try sewing later. Have to run some errands for DH today, but think I can get them done early.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hope everyone is feeling better!! ouch dcompton! yes think we only have thanksgiving because you guys have it. but does make it easy with people who have Can/American relatives having 2 thanksgivings no fighting about who to see when.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your fall, dc. Hopefully it's just a bruise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the well wishes. I’m going to survive, but the bank account may not. I spent a good part of the day on the bed with my phone, and what can I do with the phone? Shop. I worked through a subscription order and stocked up on boring household stuff. Then I succumbed again to the hint of fall and shopped for tea. I say every year I won’t do it again and every year I do, and then mostly just drink my usual black tea. But this year I really will drink more hot tea. Really. I ordered a long time favorite, Republic of Tea’s blackberry sage, Taylor’s of Harrowgate Earl Grey and green jasmine, and since pineapple is almost my favorite fruit, I found a pineapple black tea to try. Most are apparently based on green, and I think green teas are pretty chancy. Then another set of key tags for the fun stash.

I doubt I will get much stitching done for a bit since the recliner is not my friend right now, but I have plenty of other stash related things I can be doing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc, I'm a sucker for tea, especially for trying new flavors. Love RoT's blackberry sage. Then again, I don't drink coffee so tea's my hot caffeinated drink of choice. I bring my own tea stash to work because the number of available flavors are usually limited no matter where you go (unless a tea shop). Right now, I'm going through my tea stash at home since the shutdown started. Especially since it's started getting colder.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tea is a household necessity. We have not gone through much of our stash this summer, but I expect to start using more now that fall is definitely here. The coffee, too. DH was not much of a coffee drinker until we brought some back from Costa Rica.

The sun has come out but the wind is making it feel cold. I don't have solid plans for today. Have been looking at quilting designs, and have a better idea of how I want to do the christmas quilt, so there is minimal wrangling.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I practically live on tea, but except for a cup of hot tea most mornings, it’s always iced. Even in the dead of winter, such as it is here. Southern heritage showing. I depart from that heritage in not liking the iced tea sweetened. Oddly I don’t like hot tea plain. Maybe a winter goal could be to learn to drink hot tea unsweetened. Something else I say every year - lol.

I finally got the odds and ends of DMC put away. The last bit of Royal floss arrived a few days ago, and the piece of 11 count aida to use for blackwork next year with my Sulky 12 weight is coming today. The only thing left for my 2021 year of stitching might be a few skeins of DMC now that I’ve decided to use it for the rain lady. I had pulled Royal for it, and my next job while sitting at the table to humor my bum is to redo that set up for DMC. I’ll see then if I have enough for required multiples of colors.

I’ve about decided to go with the mini of the seashells. Sales come up pretty often and the small pattern would then only be $6, so that might be one other thing I get. If there weren’t so many I already have that I want to do, I would go with the large one, but I’ll just doggedly work the confetti it’s sure to be filled with. It’s much easier with the stitching app.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - I'm pretty much the opposite. I rarely drink my tea sweetened. I do put some half-n-half in my black tea in the morning but nothing in the tea after that. Then again, I usually drink "flavored" tea (such as jasmine or earl grey or tea with fruit pieces and flavorings) which I generally don't think need anything else. Only time I do add honey (my sweetener of choice) is in teas geared towards cold and flu.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

coffee here! esp first thing in the morning but do like my mint tea at night. I do like tea but can't handle it in the morning and caffeine after lunch keeps me up. but do enjoy a nice cup.. earl grey etc. we have a very old tea/coffee co called murchies..used to love going in for the smells.. hadn't seen or been in one for years and years but found one and was in heaven .so many flavours of tea. love their black currant tea so got some plus others. apricot too. have made some iced teas from the fruit teas i got from epicure or something ..cousin party .. like iced tea esp in summer but found if in the states so sweet so mix half and half for me. black tea is sugar and milk. coffee half and half .. here maybe because of british influence... have to get the tea right lol. think I may go make a cuppa.

almost finished my shrug..had to crochet around the top part to make it smalller got too big. so just will use up the rest of the yarn around the bottom. doesn't seem I need to use the white. not perfect but the yarn is forgiving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I drink my black tea hot with milk and sugar, and my iced tea very cold with a bit of lemon sometimes. I'm not a big fan of flavored teas, unless I have to have something decaf and then I go for pomegranate or hibiscus or something similarly bitter. Once in a while I use jasmine pearls. Much more open to flavors in coffee, like hazelnut, mocha, or almond.

Feeling a little off today, maybe weather. Did not get much done except laundry.

DC, how nice to get packages. I think the mini seashells will be pretty.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Knitting scarf, about 2' long currently. Will see how long when this skein is used up, have a 2nd skein on hand. Modifying another sweat suit to my preferred fit, something free to play around with. This one sort of blah color, needs something like applique to make it more interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I liked tea. I've tried many times and many flavors to acquire a taste but just can't. Coffee is just vile, so that's a nonstarter for me.

I hope you're feeling better, D. Sounds like fun times except for that.

At long last, the shelves are up in the back porch. It seems weird to put up shelves just for paper towels, but they have to live somewhere. Now they won't have to keep being tossed around like our back porch was Puerto Rico. Good to have them out of the way. I used up 4 pieces of scrap lumber, 8 spare screws with square heads which we hate, the 2 shelf brackets that match the 2 on the shelf above the 2 new ones, and some sealer in need of being used, plus the shelves are forever off my work table. Wins all around.
    2020 Stash Management-20201018_104111_1603036743885.jpg